Official Combat Sports (MMA, Boxing, Kickboxing) Thread

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
:devilehh:

Like 99% hit rate of broken human beings who need others to change their diapers for the future.

Any source for that statement? Besides, they're grown men who make their own decisions, no one's forcing them to fight. What's your point?

Don't know how interested you are in martial arts, but MMA is one of the most beautiful sports out there. The fighters have to be good at so many disciplines: boxing, wrestling, jiujutsu, muay thai, judo, karate, tkd and the list goes on. Of course, no fighter is great at everything... but to be successful in the sport you have to be very well rounded. And on top of that, they have to have a stamina out of this world. Then there's the tactical aspect with game plans and the mental aspect which is a huge part of the sport.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Any source for that statement? Besides, they're grown men who make their own decisions, no one's forcing them to fight. What's your point?

Don't know how interested you are in martial arts, but MMA is one of the most beautiful sports out there. The fighters have to be good at so many disciplines: boxing, wrestling, jiujutsu, muay thai, judo, karate, tkd and the list goes on. Of course, no fighter is great at everything... but to be successful in the sport you have to be very well rounded. And on top of that, they have to have a stamina out of this world. Then there's the tactical aspect with game plans and the mental aspect which is a huge part of the sport.

:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Well said MB.

And regarding McGregor, all this hype at the end of the day I ask again, so what? He's now "revenged" his loss at a division where this fight meant absolutely nothing. Nate is a great fighter but before all this hype he's lost to Bendo, Thomson, and RDA. He's not a championship caliber fighter even though I like him.

Big money fight, yes, entertaining, yes. Connor is a decent fighter, but if you are looking as an overall MM-artist, Connor's got ways to go.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
:devilehh:

Like 99% hit rate of broken human beings who need others to change their diapers for the future.

Not everyone's cup of tea.
I personally am not a fan of watching two guys have a real fight.
It gets quite annoying over here, when you're not a fan, and a McGregor fight is coming up, as people are constantly putting stuff up on facebook about it.

But I have no problem with people who enjoy it.
Each to his own.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Nah, I'm just fucking around. But 90+% of NFL player brains are damaged so it might actually turn out to be true. I think UFC had some sort of denial as well. [Superb doc btw - http://www.pbs.org/wgbh/frontline/film/league-of-denial my recommendation]

And there might be pretty big ethics issue from the view of public healt even if these warriors are all "grown men making their own decision".
Agreed. In the end this is what we want to see in boxing - knockouts.

But as much as the all around training takes to add your game, the game goes more closer to lottery. More ways to have 1 lucky punch or just a second.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
:thumbsup::thumbsup::thumbsup:

Well said MB.

And regarding McGregor, all this hype at the end of the day I ask again, so what? He's now "revenged" his loss at a division where this fight meant absolutely nothing. Nate is a great fighter but before all this hype he's lost to Bendo, Thomson, and RDA. He's not a championship caliber fighter even though I like him.

Big money fight, yes, entertaining, yes. Connor is a decent fighter, but if you are looking as an overall MM-artist, Connor's got ways to go.

I agree that Conor still have much room for improvement.

I've mentioned Nate's average record myself, but you're not taking other aspects into considerations. The weight, height and reach advantage.

I worry for Conor's wrestling, but other than that he's lit up everyone he's faced. Calling him decent is wrong IMO.

Not everyone's cup of tea.
I personally am not a fan of watching two guys have a real fight.
It gets quite annoying over here, when you're not a fan, and a McGregor fight is coming up, as people are constantly putting stuff up on facebook about it.

But I have no problem with people who enjoy it.
Each to his own.

Fair enough.

I think those of us who are fans of the sport see the fights more like contests than "two guys have a real fight", I wouldn't enjoy watching that more than once or twice either.

This is what you would call real fights.

This is not the sport anymore... we're a world away from that.

Last edited:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
lit up everyone he's faced?

chad mendes had 2 rounds won until he gassed out.

also cerrone would beat mcgregor fairly easily unless it's a title fight, he'd lose that.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Cerrone is a beast. Would easily be top 6 welter and a top 4 lightweight.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
lit up everyone he's faced?

chad mendes had 2 rounds won until he gassed out.

He TKO'd Mendes :lol: Was hitting him hard before he gassed as well.

What about the rest of the fighters he's faced?

also cerrone would beat mcgregor fairly easily

Exactly what are you basing this on?

Nate beat Cerrone pretty comfortable btw...

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
Cerrone is a very weird case. He handles top guys all the time, but in the big moment he folds. He already beat Alvarez but with his luck in a rematch Eddie finishes him in the first.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Cerrone is a very weird case. He handles top guys all the time, but in the big moment he folds. He already beat Alvarez but with his luck in a rematch Eddie finishes him in the first.

He is such a big game chocker, always fucks up when it matters. I fully expect him to go on another rampage, and fuck up in the title shot badly.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Not really a weird case IMO. I've always like Cerrone, from his WEC time.

But he just wants to fight, doesn't put so much thought in game plan and adapting to his opponents.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
he tko'd mendes after mendes got gassed because he fought on 2 weeks notice.

you know..usually you have the advantage if your opponent has little or no camp. :devilehh:

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score

you know..usually you have the advantage if your opponent has little or no camp. :devilehh:

And sometimes it doesn't, but that's not the point.

Why am I wrong in saying that he's lit up all his opponents in the stand up?

Am I using the expression "lit up" wrong?

--

Only guys he hasn't finished in is Holloway and Diaz. In the fight against Holloway he injured his knee and fought most of the fight on the ground.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

He can tko him with a camp as well, if that left hand lands. Frankie Edgar managed to TKO Mendes, and he doesn't even have 1/2 the power Conor has.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
And sometimes it doesn't, but that's not the point.

Why am I wrong in saying that he's lit up all his opponents in the stand up?

Am I using the expression "lit up" wrong?

--

Only guys he hasn't finished in is Holloway and Diaz. In the fight against Holloway he injured his knee and fought most of the fight on the ground.

Stylistically, those opponent's were tailor made for him. I will hold off judgment once I see him more at LW.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
Exactly^. Dude is not that great at 170. He says it himself. I feel like connor would be top 5 in lightweight. I believe he can knock off some of the big boys there but rda eddie khabib and ferguson will beat him comfortably.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Monster in the cage, really friendly outside when talking to the press/fans, past allegation of violence.

I wouldn't be surprised if this guy has some bodies on him:lol:

Can't wait to watch his next fight, i really hope Bones comes back next year, and Rumble knocks him the fuck out.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Jones wont be able to take rumble's punch. Dc has granite chin, he is a freak and can take damage but not jones. He can be rocked. Its just that his reach is such a massive advantage that no one has been able to land a clean shot on him except gus who nearly put him out. If rumble lands one perfectly on jones, then its lights out. But jones is such an amazing fighter. Great technique. He is just so exceptionally talented. Great dexterity with the elbows and knees. Simply fascinating to watch him decimate fighters.

Last edited:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Monster in the cage, really friendly outside when talking to the press/fans, past allegation of violence.

I wouldn't be surprised if this guy has some bodies on him:lol:

Can't wait to watch his next fight, i really hope Bones comes back next year, and Rumble knocks him the fuck out.

:conf::conf::conf:

Like Aaron Hernandez?

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Cowboy, that combination was pure awesomeness, look like something you do on PS4.
Actually that was the highlight of the night for me.
I dont remember witnessing something close to what he did in that combination.
It was unreal.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Demian Maia, so good

Man i really wanted Condit to win but Maia is ridiculous on the ground. If this guy wasn't such a nice guy, he could have been a really dominant champion.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
condit should have retired after the lawler fight.

i've always liked him, but he doesn't seem to want it anymore. presser after the fight said it all really.

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
Maia has a legitimate claim to the title shot, but he might have to win one or two more to get it. Honestly for him it should be a title fight or Thompson.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
EJc4Pna.gif

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

Also Wonderboy is willing to fight Maia if Woodley continues to cry and hide from him.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
Honestly, I think Woodley will win vs Thompson without much trouble. A very bad match up for Thompson.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Honestly, I think Woodley will win vs Thompson without much trouble. A very bad match up for Thompson.

I agree. I am a big fan of condit and woodley. Its sad to see condit get submitted but i think he is past his peak in terms of his fighting years. As for woodley, i do believe that he would beat wonderboy.