Milan May Offer Loan Player To Get Contra Back

rony31

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
From SoccerAge.com

03/23/2003. Milan are keen to re-sign Cosmin Contra from Atletico Madrid, and would be willing to allow either Fabrizio Coloccini, Demetrio Albertini or Jose Mari to join the Spanish club on a permanent deal in exchange.

Right-back is one of the Rossoneri's weak spots, and although Contra was never particularly impressive in his first spell at the San Siro, it would appear that the club are willing to give him another crack of the whip.

:devil2: :devil2: :devil2: Pleaaaaaaaase, let this deal go through :tongue:

efford

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
yeah i read this aswell...

i think its stupid to give away coloccini... BUT i also like Contra very much!!
we should try getting him back, but not by trading a young future prospect!!

Vernetti

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Michael Laudrup, Sheva, Ronaldinho, Grønkjær, Vicente, Robben
Yep, I certainly agree with that.

I could be wrong but from what i´ve seen Coloccini looks better than Chivu and as far as I know he is also young.

Mayby Coloccini could even play at right back and if not he could be re-schooled and learn to play on the right side like Pirlo was taught a deeper, more defensive role.

If the problem is that he is Argentina and therefor not an EU-player I would be happy to trade Chamot or possibly Rogue Junior for him.

Actually, i´ve been wondering for a long time why they never started considering to take him back from loan. He´s showed to be more than able during the last couple of seasons.

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
Well......Rony, your deal up there just might go through, because Jose Mari has refound form with Atletico this season, and more importantly in La Liga. He and Torres have been great this term, and I would think Gil and Futre would be more interested in keeping Mari than they would with Contra.....There is no question Contra is better than Simic.......Contra is an adventurous wingback, not too skilled defensively, but he is capable of setting any right flank on fire, which would be welcomed by this Milan. :)

muhannadrh

Beginner
Reaction score
i think contra is good player but not as right back!!! don't u remmeber in the past year how he couldn't defend as good as attack and leave or deffense without cover. Contra is perfect rightback in 5-3-2 formation not in our 4-1-2-1-2 or 4-4-2 or 4-1-2-2-1 ( 4man deffense). so i think if contra back, he should be right med..........

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
muhannadrh said:
i think contra is good player but not as right back!!! don't u remmeber in the past year how he couldn't defend as good as attack and leave or deffense without cover. Contra is perfect rightback in 5-3-2 formation not in our 4-1-2-1-2 or 4-4-2 or 4-1-2-2-1 ( 4man deffense). so i think if contra back, he should be right med..........

Keep in mind friend.....Nesta is back there now. Believe it or not.....there is a small difference between Alessandro Nesta and Antonio Chamot. :)

takahan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I think having Contra back is a good choice,
he is one rare defender who has the flair and skill,
and I would love to see him in action for Milan.

juninho-paulista

rubro-negro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Timmy Cahill and Mr. Leite
With contra back we can use my immensely successful Champ Manager formation to full advantage!!

---------------------------dida-----------------------------
--------------(CB)-------Nesta-------Maldini--------------
CONTRA-------------------------------------------Kaladze
--------------Seedorf-------------Pirlo--------------------
--------------------Rui "Itll" Costya-----------------------
-------------Sheva--------------------Pippo--------------

(CB) denotes new signing in the defensive region.

Look! new depth on the wings, a solid back line and defensive midfield supporting a playmaker, who supports who top quality strikers..

What a team :D

DiaVoLo^

Primavera
Reaction score
yes plz give us contra back he is really a great player =)

We dont have a good right back now so we need one and who is better then Contra ?

I agree with juninho also GREAT FORMATION !!!

this is my CM formation btw :

---------
------- -------- ------- ------
| -------- |

------- ----------- -------
| | |

--------- ---------

tehe not so good drawed but yah find it in the tactics =)

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
Yeah it's good to have Contra back but I don't want him to play instead of Simic ... I think Simic keeps a good balance between the defense and the attack especially that our left defense side is always attacking with Kaladze or Maldini ... It's not good to be attacking from both sides a lot 'cause our defense loses control sometimes quite easily!!
Maybe he can play as a RM sometimes I think ...
IF he comes back!!

FORZA MILAN!!!

rony31

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I have one formation, but there's like 3 different versions of it... Not gonna tell you what they are though :D

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
I know you all are gonna disagree, but please no more Contra, leave him in Spain.. All he can do is attack. His defending is crap. We have Kaladze to play as an attacking back, leaving the 2 CB's isn't enuff cover and with Contra roaming all over the field were gonna get abused on that right side. I've said it beofre Contra and Simic are the same player except Contra is a better attacker, which we don't need. We need a right back that actually can defender and will stay there.

efford

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
DiaVoLo^ said:

---------
| -------- |

| | |

--------- ---------

tehe not so good drawed but yah find it in the tactics =)

LOVELY TACTICS!!!! :D hehhehe, i don't see if thats supposed to be a trafficed road or a formation... ;) ..you can't use spaces in it

rony31

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
DiaVoLo^ said:

---------
| -------- |

| | |

--------- ---------

I think this is what he meant:

==========GK==========
===DR===DC===DC===DL===
===-l===============l===
===-l===============l===
===-V==============V===
==========DMC=========
======================
====MC====MC====MC====
=====l======l=====l=====
=====l======l=====l=====
=====V=====V=====V====
======================
=======FC====FC=======

:D

*rossonera*

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Seamus said:
I know you all are gonna disagree, but please no more Contra, leave him in Spain..

i couldn't agree more!!! he sure would *set our flank on fire* but in a very undesirable way... :head: not only does he lack defensive skills he's also the disruptive kind with a tendency to make some commotion every now and then.... this is *not* what milan needs. after all, he was removed from the roster for a reason!

PaTtA_9

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
last game i saw him he got into a punch on with davids, after davids tackled gatusso. i liked him as a player, but that was because i saw him play his finest - 4-2 v inter when he came on at half time and scored the glorious goal and killed inter on the right

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
*rossonera* said:
Seamus said:
I know you all are gonna disagree, but please no more Contra, leave him in Spain..

i couldn't agree more!!! he sure would *set our flank on fire* but in a very undesirable way... :head: not only does he lack defensive skills he's also the disruptive kind with a tendency to make some commotion every now and then.... this is *not* what milan needs. after all, he was removed from the roster for a reason!

Yeah, he does cause commotion.......he punched Edgar Davids in the face during the Coppa Berlusconi :D :D :D :D

Also, Juninho's formation I like, but I have always been an admirer of the 5-3-2 and Junihno has showcased one of the many variations of this formation. The 5-3-2 can become a 3-5-2 or 3-2-3-2 with a strike of the ball. Contra is utilized best in these tactics, which is what Alaves used somewhat during their historic run to the UEFA cup finale, which made Cosmin Contra a household name in this part of the world. I tend to think if you can have 3 defenders in the back that possess the quality of a Nesta, Maldini, Chivu, Legrottaglie, ect, ect.......then using Kaladze and Contra would be ideal. Although, if this is the case, surely you can find someone better than Kaladze for that role.......Zaccardo isn't bad (nevermind that dumb own goal he scored last week :D ).........

What the hell am I doing........I just remembered we have Carletto as a coach......so just go ahead scratch all of this crap I just wasted my time with......maledizione....
badrazz.gif

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
Not that a 5-3-2 is a bad formation (I use it in hattrick :)) but it would be a waste for use to use it. We have one of the best midfields in the world and were gonna scrap it to play Contra? I really only think a 5-3-2 can be truely successful when you have an amazing wingback like Cafu. Contra is not Cafu.

Who's gonna sit because Contra's gonna play (besides Ba :tongue: ) Gattuso? Pirlo? Ambro? Rivaldo? Rui Costa? Seedorf? Serginho? There's 7 guys there that should definatly play over Contra. Hell I'd much rather have Brocchi out there then Contra.

Stiff_vs_Mr_Oerk

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
RivippoRuiNestaShevdini said:
*rossonera* said:
Seamus said:

Yeah, he does cause commotion.......he punched Edgar Davids in the face during the Coppa Berlusconi :D :D :D :D

Also, Juninho's formation I like, but I have always been an admirer of the 5-3-2 and Junihno has showcased one of the many variations of this formation. The 5-3-2 can become a 3-5-2 or 3-2-3-2 with a strike of the ball. Contra is utilized best in these tactics, which is what Alaves used somewhat during their historic run to the UEFA cup finale, which made Cosmin Contra a household name in this part of the world. I tend to think if you can have 3 defenders in the back that possess the quality of a Nesta, Maldini, Chivu, Legrottaglie, ect, ect.......then using Kaladze and Contra would be ideal. Although, if this is the case, surely you can find someone better than Kaladze for that role.......Zaccardo isn't bad (nevermind that dumb own goal he scored last week :D ).........

What the hell am I doing........I just remembered we have Carletto as a coach......so just go ahead scratch all of this crap I just wasted my time with......maledizione....
badrazz.gif

I agree on that, too - we should NOT get Contra back - he's been messing around here enough for now...
I watched him this evening against my own national team - Denmark...
Man, he played UNBELIEVEABLE AWFUL!!!
The most stupid, humilliating own goal - and the assist for Tomassons goal wasn't a surprise for such a bad display on the pitch...

PLEASE - LEAVE HIM ALONE (in Spain) BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!! :eek: :D

*rossonera*

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Stiff_vs_Mr_Oerk said:
I agree on that, too - we should NOT get Contra back - he's been messing around here enough for now...
I watched him this evening against my own national team - Denmark...
Man, he played UNBELIEVEABLE AWFUL!!!
The most stupid, humilliating own goal - and the assist for Tomassons goal wasn't a surprise for such a bad display on the pitch...

PLEASE - LEAVE HIM ALONE (in Spain) BEFORE IT'S TOO LATE!!! :eek: :D

hey, congrats on the victory!!! :devil2:

i saw a lengthy match report on eurosport and you're soooo damn right: contra was an utter embarrassment, and same goes for chivu... :eek: let's hope their disgraceful non-performance will once and for all SILENCE all these recurring pro contra and chivu voices here! :rolleyes: