The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Off Topic

Off Topic You can talk here about everything that doesn't fit in the rest of the forums (movies, music, games etc.)

Old 14-11-2018, 22:57   #3981
MilanMB
Serendipity

Fav. Players: Maldini Nesta, Gattuso, Romagnoli, Suso

I don't even watch the events anymore (last one was Khabib vs Conor)... Anyone else that way? I watched the events almost as religiously as Milan games once.

Signature
GOAT
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2018, 09:27   #3982
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post
I don't even watch the events anymore (last one was Khabib vs Conor)... Anyone else that way? I watched the events almost as religiously as Milan games once.
Likewise here. Honestly the thing that annoys me the most, is that belts really don't mean anything these days.

I know in the past they weren't always consistent on who got title shots, but it was at least credible for the most part.

Also the new crop of fighters are harder to like for the most part. In the past i had at least 2 fighters in each division that i was actively rooting for them to win fights, now i don't think i have 5 fighters that i root for.

Signature
Az. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2018, 09:34   #3983
Sage
Phase 2

post ufc 229 I watched ufc 230 and the 25th anniversary show this past weekend.

I pick and choose, I think I watched 30% of this year's ufc events.
Sage is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2018, 10:05   #3984
Mexes5
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini

Way too many events and shows

Less is more
Mexes5 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2018, 13:20   #3985
Alec
Football Idiot Savant

Fav. Players: Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Ghengis Khan

There are good events, I tune in for those. There are some forgettable ones that I skip and only rewatch few fights that may have been interesting.

It's hard to invest fully into a card in my timezone when it's not good because I'm not going to sit through random fights and WMMA to watch maybe 1-2 decent fights at 6AM and have the rest of my day fucked.

But 229 was great and I am super hyped for 231 - really good card headlined by Max vs Ortega and two actually amazing WMMA queens going at it. Plus there's some just bleed on this card and I got to watch every Rakic fight, no exception.

Signature
100% muscle - 0% intelligence

Last edited by Alec; 15-11-2018 at 13:23.
Alec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-11-2018, 13:40   #3986
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

This was a thing of beauty though:

Signature
Az. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-11-2018, 13:52   #3987
Curupira
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanMB View Post
Same. I watched MMA religiously. Starting around UFC 38ish.

UFC, TUF, WEC, WFA, StrikeForce, CageRage, King of the Cage, you name it, I probably tried to follow it.

Pride, K-1 Hero's, Dream, Sengoku(WVR), I actually stayed up and streamed all their events.

When UFC bought Strike Force, i would say, i stopped watching MMA altogether. And just watched fights I was interested in.

Signature
Curupira is offline   Reply With Quote