Week 18: Frosinone - Milan 26/12/2018 12:30 CET

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
This is the key right here. What this management does next. Those who want Conte will be disappointed because he is unattainable. Jardim, maybe.

I think most here would prefer an established coach (most here have seen Ancelotti’s Milan, some Sacchi’s etc.), but until I see the conditions for that happening, I see little point in cheering against Gattuso (not you). I wanted us to win today, and for us to get our act together. Unfortunately, it all went to shit.

The thing is, we really need some results to stay relevant and be able to attract players. We cannot worry about the manager having to improve his craft (in terms of managing) while putting him in a position which demands immediate result. This has been made painfully clear last 7 years.

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
The thing is, we really need some results to stay relevant and be able to attract players. We cannot worry about the manager having to improve his craft (in terms of managing) while putting him in a position which demands immediate result. This has been made painfully clear last 7 years.

True, we came close to breaking the cycle in the summer of 2015 with Ancelotti. But he refused and we got Miha.

Which takes me back to my earlier point...what can we offer a top coach? An outstanding team (Napoli) or the money to make one? I hope in the latter.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
True, we came close to breaking the cycle in the summer of 2015 with Ancelotti. But he refused and we got Miha.

Which takes me back to my earlier point...what can we offer a top coach? An outstanding team (Napoli) or the money to make one? I hope in the latter.

At this point, I think our squad is still one with interesting possibilities. They are misfiring at the moment but we have a superstar, decent supporting cast, and some nice up-and-coming pieces. And IMO, the moves we made last summer all pointed to the direction that we want to seriously build and compete again.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Will a new coach get Higuain to play like a Serie a striker? Who knows. At this point, it’s all a gamble.

melanman

The Oracle
Reaction score
no, the problem is we keep on hiring fucking morons one after another

name 1 good coach milan hired after they sacked allegri

seedorf = novice
inzaghi = novice
miha = was just coaching for 2 seasons and didnt even show any promise
montella = was coming off a horrible season with samp, we can see the difference sevilla is having after they sacked him
gattuso = disaster of a coaching career

this club keeps on making disastrous coaching mistakes 1 after another, its so frustrating.

what can the players do if they have no game plan? zero offensive tactics, the players don't know where to run and where to position themselves, THAT'S ALL ON THE COACH.

They can still score.:o

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Will a new coach get Higuain to play like a Serie a striker? Who knows. At this point, it’s all a gamble.

We've tried so many strikers yet somehow most lose effectiveness in various degrees.

We've also gambled on many noob coaches, maybe this time just try to gamble on an experienced one.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Our defensive record has improved. I feel like the attacking phase is where the manager might have the least control.

The defensive structure of the team has been different.

I cannot get over that Higuain chance in the 88th minute. It was served on a platter for him. Gattuso made the adjustment that put Hakan on that side, Conti came on and did well, and Laxalt was better than Samu--and Samu has been utter crap.

I mean a striker of Higuain's caliber should put that away. Or at least on target.

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Our defensive record has improved. I feel like the attacking phase is where the manager might have the least control.

I cannot get over that Higuain chance in the 88th minute. It was served on a platter for him. Gattuso made the adjustment that put Hakan on that side, Conti came on and did well, and Laxalt was better than Samu--and Samu has been utter crap.

I mean a striker of Higuain's caliber should put that away. Or at least on target.

Players are not machines and frustration gets to them.
We've played like dog shit in for the last month or two.

Of course this will affect Higuain as well and he will fuck up.
We aren't creating nearly enough chances to call Higuain our problem.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Samu was actually dangerous beginning stages of the game. I don't think it's fair to say manager have least control in attacking phase. Overall, our players do not play with coherence and you can tell there is no real understanding between one and another. As much as I agree that Higuain is a bitch, its pretty telling that he's on a different wave lengths with Samu/Cutrone as no one really knows who should be doing what and just watching when they dont have the ball.

I understand the Higuain hate and I honestly think we probably should be getting a player with better mental strength. But I also think if you judge from Higuain's point of view, having worked with Allegri and Sarri, now you got into this clueless shit show where nobody knows whats up and you are expected to create chances and score in the game. Coupled additional pressure with already weak mentality (alleged), it's actually understandable why he's performing so badly.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Players are not machines and frustration gets to them.
We've played like dog shit in for the last month or two.

Of course this will affect Higuain as well and he will fuck up.
We aren't creating nearly enough chances to call Higuain our problem.

I disagree. I'm a Hakan fan, and I'm losing patience with him, and Suso has been playing injured--which is why I think he's been shit the last month or so--but Higuain has been utter garbage since Juventus.

He lost his head. He's missed chance after chance. He's holding onto the ball too long. He's been dreadful. At the start of the year, I was so impressed by what he did with the ball, I said that if he didn't score the entire year, but played like that, I'd be happy.

But now? Like, does Piatek get more service than Higuain at Genoa? A team that fired their manager? Or does Caputo at Empoli? Quagliarella is at Samp and they play well. Same with Zapata at Atalanta. So, I'll put them aside. But I've seen too many games of Higuain playing like shit to excuse him anymore.

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Samu was actually dangerous beginning stages of the game. I don't think it's fair to say manager have least control in attacking phase. Overall, our players do not play with coherence and you can tell there is no real understanding between one and another. As much as I agree that Higuain is a bitch, its pretty telling that he's on a different wave lengths with Samu/Cutrone as no one really knows who should be doing what and just watching when they dont have the ball.

I understand the Higuain hate and I honestly think we probably should be getting a player with better mental strength. But I also think if you judge from Higuain's point of view, having worked with Allegri and Sarri, now you got into this clueless shit show where nobody knows whats up and you are expected to create chances and score in the game. Coupled additional pressure with already weak mentality (alleged), it's actually understandable why he's performing so badly.

I'm sorry, he's paid a lot of money. He is a God damn professional. When Higuain was playing hurt, I was excusing him. Back injuries are a bitch.

But he's not just messing up perfect chances, like today, where he literally is being served on a plate. He's also fucking up in passing. He's giving the ball away. He's actively adding to the shit attacking play.

At the start of the season, our attacking play was pretty good, the problem was we were giving up goals. Higuain lost his head against Juve and doesn't know how to get things together.

The amount of shit that Hakan gets for being weak mentally, Higuain is getting excuses now? He's our star striker. He's supposed to be one of the deadliest strikers in the world. Not Serie A. The Earth.

How many half-chances has he put away with ease? Juve games look nearly identical to this, honestly. Napoli games against small teams, same shit.

The difference is in strikers. A player like Higuain should put that chance away. Or at least on target. He fucking hit it so high and wide it was embarrassing for an amateur.

I don't want to hear about justifications about Higuain's piss-poor play, when those excuses are not offered for other players, especially those whose worst gripe is not "I'm frustrated boo hoo" but they're playing hurt, like Hakan, Suso, Kessie, etc.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
We've tried so many strikers yet somehow most lose effectiveness in various degrees.

We've also gambled on many noob coaches, maybe this time just try to gamble on an experienced one.

This question of experienced coach has already been addressed by nonsonoqui several times. Why would a top level manager come to Milan at this moment?

So with the alternatives being the Donadoni caliber coaches, what makes you think Higuain will start playing like a real striker again with those guys?

I’m not saying he won’t, but it’s absolutely anyone’s guess what might happen with such a new manager.

Milaniscool

Face that runs the place
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Balotelli, Leão, Theo, Zlatan, Tonali
This question of experienced coach has already been addressed by nonsonoqui several times. Why would a top level manager come to Milan at this moment?

So with the alternatives being the Donadoni caliber coaches, what makes you think Higuain will start playing like a real striker again with those guys?

I’m not saying he won’t, but it’s absolutely anyone’s guess what might happen with such a new manager.

I can't believe that Milan can't hire a decent coach right now

Il grande Milan

Honey, I'm home
Reaction score
I disagree. I'm a Hakan fan, and I'm losing patience with him, and Suso has been playing injured--which is why I think he's been shit the last month or so--but Higuain has been utter garbage since Juventus.

He lost his head. He's missed chance after chance. He's holding onto the ball too long. He's been dreadful. At the start of the year, I was so impressed by what he did with the ball, I said that if he didn't score the entire year, but played like that, I'd be happy.

But now? Like, does Piatek get more service than Higuain at Genoa? A team that fired their manager? Or does Caputo at Empoli? Quagliarella is at Samp and they play well. Same with Zapata at Atalanta. So, I'll put them aside. But I've seen too many games of Higuain playing like shit to excuse him anymore.

Okay, so being a 'Hakan fan', how does that actually work? At which point in your life, you decide consciously and sober to become a Hakan fan? Also: you're losing patience with him? I lost patience with him two or three months ago. Your nerves must be made of steel, mate.

Higuain is just demotivated and with his head in Chelsea. Nothing more, nothing less. Can't blame him either. I would have enough of this 'squad' as well.

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score

doesnt matter really. If he chooses to play like shit cause he's not satisfied or hates the coach, he's an unprofessional dickhead and will always suck goo when the team is counting on him. Rotten apples should stay out of Milan. Speaking of.. my juve fan mate is begging to take Bonucci back as he's horrible

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score

There's literally no pressure at Milan. It's not like the fans expect to win the Scudetto this season, or really even care about it to be honest. Milan is all about the Champions League, and the only hope/goal at this point in time is for Milan to qualify for the competition by finishing in the top 4. Milan is the second most glorious club in Europe with a fan base that currently demands nothing more than finishing top 4.

It's a pretty easy job for someone like Conte or Jardim, even Wenger.

LocalHero80

The other side of Ba
Reaction score

he's anything but clinical as a striker. In all teams he needed 2309823 chances to score so many goals. His misses cost his teams many points

milancuore

Starting Eleven
Reaction score

You seriously need to take a look at the defense again..if it was any other team out there other than frosinone they would have scored about 3 goals against us already and you think our defense game has improved??! Buddy face the facts that Gattuso is a sham of a coach!

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Money dumbass, ever heard of it?

shevyshevy

Primavera
Reaction score
My Xmas present will be the coming of Wenger or Conte... Can the Mgt at least spare me this wonderful gift?

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Money dumbass, ever heard of it?

1. There is a finite amount of that.
2. Milan has a financial strain on it from a profitability standpoint
3. even money won’t convince all people.
4. I am officially reporting your post.

Please be more respectful

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
There's literally no pressure at Milan. It's not like the fans expect to win the Scudetto this season, or really even care about it to be honest. Milan is all about the Champions League, and the only hope/goal at this point in time is for Milan to qualify for the competition by finishing in the top 4. Milan is the second most glorious club in Europe with a fan base that currently demands nothing more than finishing top 4.

It's a pretty easy job for someone like Conte or Jardim, even Wenger.

No pressure at Milan?

Mmmmmm no.

Anytime investors like Elliott are in it, there is pressure

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
1. There is a finite amount of that.
2. Milan has a financial strain on it from a profitability standpoint
3. even money won’t convince all people.
4. I am officially reporting your post.

Please be more respectful

1.We have money to pay outrageous salaries for shite players, but we don't have it to hire a top coach? Okay.

2. No.

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players
1.We have money to pay outrageous salaries for shite players, but we don't have it to hire a top coach? Okay.

2. No thank you .

Fixed