The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Matches

AC Milan Matches Talk about AC Milan's matches, post your comments, your views on the team performance, line-ups, etc. Find out the latest live AC Milan streams.



Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 26-12-2018, 15:26   #401
Samaldinho
AC Milan Legend
 
Samaldinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by forward View Post
Players are not machines and frustration gets to them.
We've played like dog shit in for the last month or two.

Of course this will affect Higuain as well and he will fuck up.
We aren't creating nearly enough chances to call Higuain our problem.
I disagree. I'm a Hakan fan, and I'm losing patience with him, and Suso has been playing injured--which is why I think he's been shit the last month or so--but Higuain has been utter garbage since Juventus.

He lost his head. He's missed chance after chance. He's holding onto the ball too long. He's been dreadful. At the start of the year, I was so impressed by what he did with the ball, I said that if he didn't score the entire year, but played like that, I'd be happy.

But now? Like, does Piatek get more service than Higuain at Genoa? A team that fired their manager? Or does Caputo at Empoli? Quagliarella is at Samp and they play well. Same with Zapata at Atalanta. So, I'll put them aside. But I've seen too many games of Higuain playing like shit to excuse him anymore.
Samaldinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2018, 15:32   #402
Samaldinho
AC Milan Legend
 
Samaldinho's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curupira View Post
Samu was actually dangerous beginning stages of the game. I don't think it's fair to say manager have least control in attacking phase. Overall, our players do not play with coherence and you can tell there is no real understanding between one and another. As much as I agree that Higuain is a bitch, its pretty telling that he's on a different wave lengths with Samu/Cutrone as no one really knows who should be doing what and just watching when they dont have the ball.

I understand the Higuain hate and I honestly think we probably should be getting a player with better mental strength. But I also think if you judge from Higuain's point of view, having worked with Allegri and Sarri, now you got into this clueless shit show where nobody knows whats up and you are expected to create chances and score in the game. Coupled additional pressure with already weak mentality (alleged), it's actually understandable why he's performing so badly.
I'm sorry, he's paid a lot of money. He is a God damn professional. When Higuain was playing hurt, I was excusing him. Back injuries are a bitch.

But he's not just messing up perfect chances, like today, where he literally is being served on a plate. He's also fucking up in passing. He's giving the ball away. He's actively adding to the shit attacking play.

At the start of the season, our attacking play was pretty good, the problem was we were giving up goals. Higuain lost his head against Juve and doesn't know how to get things together.

The amount of shit that Hakan gets for being weak mentally, Higuain is getting excuses now? He's our star striker. He's supposed to be one of the deadliest strikers in the world. Not Serie A. The Earth.

How many half-chances has he put away with ease? Juve games look nearly identical to this, honestly. Napoli games against small teams, same shit.

The difference is in strikers. A player like Higuain should put that chance away. Or at least on target. He fucking hit it so high and wide it was embarrassing for an amateur.

I don't want to hear about justifications about Higuain's piss-poor play, when those excuses are not offered for other players, especially those whose worst gripe is not "I'm frustrated boo hoo" but they're playing hurt, like Hakan, Suso, Kessie, etc.
Samaldinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2018, 15:50   #403
necromancer
Il Diamante
 
necromancer's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: Johannesburg
Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Curupira View Post
We've tried so many strikers yet somehow most lose effectiveness in various degrees.



We've also gambled on many noob coaches, maybe this time just try to gamble on an experienced one.


This question of experienced coach has already been addressed by nonsonoqui several times. Why would a top level manager come to Milan at this moment?

So with the alternatives being the Donadoni caliber coaches, what makes you think Higuain will start playing like a real striker again with those guys?

Iím not saying he wonít, but itís absolutely anyoneís guess what might happen with such a new manager.


Signature
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2018, 16:25   #404
Milaniscool
Face that runs the place
 
Milaniscool's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Wilmington, DE
Fav. Players: Balotelli, Romagnoli, Robben
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
This question of experienced coach has already been addressed by nonsonoqui several times. Why would a top level manager come to Milan at this moment?

So with the alternatives being the Donadoni caliber coaches, what makes you think Higuain will start playing like a real striker again with those guys?

Iím not saying he wonít, but itís absolutely anyoneís guess what might happen with such a new manager.
I can't believe that Milan can't hire a decent coach right now
Milaniscool is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2018, 17:29   #405
Il grande Milan
World Cup Winner
 
Il grande Milan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2011
Location: Everywhere
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaldinho View Post
I disagree. I'm a Hakan fan, and I'm losing patience with him, and Suso has been playing injured--which is why I think he's been shit the last month or so--but Higuain has been utter garbage since Juventus.

He lost his head. He's missed chance after chance. He's holding onto the ball too long. He's been dreadful. At the start of the year, I was so impressed by what he did with the ball, I said that if he didn't score the entire year, but played like that, I'd be happy.

But now? Like, does Piatek get more service than Higuain at Genoa? A team that fired their manager? Or does Caputo at Empoli? Quagliarella is at Samp and they play well. Same with Zapata at Atalanta. So, I'll put them aside. But I've seen too many games of Higuain playing like shit to excuse him anymore.
Okay, so being a 'Hakan fan', how does that actually work? At which point in your life, you decide consciously and sober to become a Hakan fan? Also: you're losing patience with him? I lost patience with him two or three months ago. Your nerves must be made of steel, mate.

Higuain is just demotivated and with his head in Chelsea. Nothing more, nothing less. Can't blame him either. I would have enough of this 'squad' as well.
Il grande Milan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2018, 17:36   #406
LocalHero80
The other side of Ba
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
Will a new coach get Higuain to play like a Serie a striker? Who knows. At this point, it’s all a gamble.
doesnt matter really. If he chooses to play like shit cause he's not satisfied or hates the coach, he's an unprofessional dickhead and will always suck goo when the team is counting on him. Rotten apples should stay out of Milan. Speaking of.. my juve fan mate is begging to take Bonucci back as he's horrible


Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dokoa View Post
STATE THE PLUG TO THIS MILAN


LocalHero80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2018, 17:37   #407
Milan10
AC Milan Icon
 
Milan10's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2007
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
This question of experienced coach has already been addressed by nonsonoqui several times. Why would a top level manager come to Milan at this moment?

So with the alternatives being the Donadoni caliber coaches, what makes you think Higuain will start playing like a real striker again with those guys?

Iím not saying he wonít, but itís absolutely anyoneís guess what might happen with such a new manager.
There's literally no pressure at Milan. It's not like the fans expect to win the Scudetto this season, or really even care about it to be honest. Milan is all about the Champions League, and the only hope/goal at this point in time is for Milan to qualify for the competition by finishing in the top 4. Milan is the second most glorious club in Europe with a fan base that currently demands nothing more than finishing top 4.

It's a pretty easy job for someone like Conte or Jardim, even Wenger.
Milan10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2018, 17:38   #408
LocalHero80
The other side of Ba
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaldinho View Post
Our defensive record has improved. I feel like the attacking phase is where the manager might have the least control.

The defensive structure of the team has been different.

I cannot get over that Higuain chance in the 88th minute. It was served on a platter for him. Gattuso made the adjustment that put Hakan on that side, Conti came on and did well, and Laxalt was better than Samu--and Samu has been utter crap.

I mean a striker of Higuain's caliber should put that away. Or at least on target.
he's anything but clinical as a striker. In all teams he needed 2309823 chances to score so many goals. His misses cost his teams many points


Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dokoa View Post
STATE THE PLUG TO THIS MILAN


LocalHero80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2018, 20:02   #409
milancuore
Banned
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaldinho View Post
Our defensive record has improved. I feel like the attacking phase is where the manager might have the least control.

The defensive structure of the team has been different.

I cannot get over that Higuain chance in the 88th minute. It was served on a platter for him. Gattuso made the adjustment that put Hakan on that side, Conti came on and did well, and Laxalt was better than Samu--and Samu has been utter crap.

I mean a striker of Higuain's caliber should put that away. Or at least on target.

You seriously need to take a look at the defense again..if it was any other team out there other than frosinone they would have scored about 3 goals against us already and you think our defense game has improved??! Buddy face the facts that Gattuso is a sham of a coach!
milancuore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2018, 20:24   #410
Az.
Se7en
 
Az.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az. View Post
Gattuso in a nutshel:

via Imgflip Meme Generator
Called it


Signature
Az. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-2018, 20:26   #411
Az.
Se7en
 
Az.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
This question of experienced coach has already been addressed by nonsonoqui several times. Why would a top level manager come to Milan at this moment?

So with the alternatives being the Donadoni caliber coaches, what makes you think Higuain will start playing like a real striker again with those guys?

Iím not saying he wonít, but itís absolutely anyoneís guess what might happen with such a new manager.
Money dumbass, ever heard of it?


Signature
Az. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2018, 10:50   #412
shevyshevy
Rookie
 
shevyshevy's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2012
Default

My Xmas present will be the coming of Wenger or Conte... Can the Mgt at least spare me this wonderful gift?
shevyshevy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2018, 20:19   #413
LocalHero80
The other side of Ba
 
Join Date: Aug 2015
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by shevyshevy View Post
My Xmas present will be the coming of Wenger or Conte... Can the Mgt at least spare me this wonderful gift?
Wenger will bring your xmas present, thats what he's fit for


Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dokoa View Post
STATE THE PLUG TO THIS MILAN


LocalHero80 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2018, 22:48   #414
General
God Emperor of Humility
 
General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Fav. Players: People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az. View Post
Money dumbass, ever heard of it?
1. There is a finite amount of that.
2. Milan has a financial strain on it from a profitability standpoint
3. even money wonít convince all people.
4. I am officially reporting your post.

Please be more respectful


Signature
Official RnB Contributor
General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-2018, 22:49   #415
General
God Emperor of Humility
 
General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Fav. Players: People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milan10 View Post
There's literally no pressure at Milan. It's not like the fans expect to win the Scudetto this season, or really even care about it to be honest. Milan is all about the Champions League, and the only hope/goal at this point in time is for Milan to qualify for the competition by finishing in the top 4. Milan is the second most glorious club in Europe with a fan base that currently demands nothing more than finishing top 4.

It's a pretty easy job for someone like Conte or Jardim, even Wenger.
No pressure at Milan?

Mmmmmm no.

Anytime investors like Elliott are in it, there is pressure


Signature
Official RnB Contributor
General is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2018, 08:40   #416
Az.
Se7en
 
Az.'s Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by General View Post
1. There is a finite amount of that.
2. Milan has a financial strain on it from a profitability standpoint
3. even money wonít convince all people.
4. I am officially reporting your post.

Please be more respectful

1.We have money to pay outrageous salaries for shite players, but we don't have it to hire a top coach? Okay.

2. No.


Signature
Az. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-2018, 12:23   #417
General
God Emperor of Humility
 
General's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2013
Fav. Players: People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az. View Post
1.We have money to pay outrageous salaries for shite players, but we don't have it to hire a top coach? Okay.

2. No thank you .
Fixed


Signature
Official RnB Contributor
General is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply



Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT +1. The time now is 16:45.





Powered by: vBulletin
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
©2002-2011 The Red & Black Forums. These are fan forums and are in no way affiliated with AC Milan S.p.A.