Week 30: Milan vs Udinese 02/04/2019 19:00 CET

belloefamoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Gattuso has big mistake ít start biglia. Biglia is finished. Biglia earned his starting role due he quarrel with his teammate!

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Whatever we do the rest of the way, KEEP BIGLIA THE FUCK AWAY FROM THE PITCH. This guy sucks and our defense has gone to shit since we started playing him in the midfield again. He's awful.

Put Bakayoko back in his natural position, put Kessie back at RCM, and put whoever can run at LCM.

Kessie is injured as far as I know so options were limited but in general I agree.

Bakayoko is much better dead center, he is not completely useless in the half central positions but it seems to limit him a lot. People can say what they want but despite his shortcomings we have yet to discover a better RCM than Kessie.

Biglia is too risk averse and unflexible for our football, does not seem comfortable in the central position at all.

I think Bonaventura would add something to this 4-3-1-2 too at LCM, but Hakan was a mixed bag and produced some good moments too.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
You gotta say it was a nice breakaway, it shudve been 2-0 to us from the corner but after the fuck up it was quick precise moves for the goal.

Moggster

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Robben, Zidane, Ibra, Nesta, Ronaldinho
Kessie is injured as far as I know so options were limited but in general I agree.

Bakayoko is much better dead center, he is not completely useless in the half central positions but it seems to limit him a lot. People can say what they want but despite his shortcomings we have yet to discover a better RCM than Kessie.

Biglia is too risk averse and unflexible for our football, does not seem comfortable in the central position at all.

I think Bonaventura would add something to this 4-3-1-2 too at LCM, but Hakan was a mixed bag and produced some good moments too.

I'd almost prefer Bertolacci over Hakan at this point at LCM.

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
these points dropped the past couple of games are a huge blow for us.

dont want to blame gattuso here (unlike samp) because we were fucked the moment we lost paqueta.

Need a big result vs ladri.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
That second half was utterly depressing. We really just dropped from a 7/10 game to a 3/10 game for some bizarre reason.

The first half was a 6/10 at best.

Some very rare moments of brilliance aside, it was pretty poor.
The team struggled to create chances against a not so great opponent.
Hakan struggles to make an impact in a deeper role.
Biglia was in zombie mode.
Baka looked lost.
Fullbacks were poor.

One thing I liked about 2012-2017 Milan is that for all their flaws, they were still able to besiege the opponents' box from the get go in these type of home games. But that has for the most part been absent with Gattuso.

Paqueta might be a good trequartista for this system, but that's not going to be enough to make it work.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
But I have this suspicion, and I hate that I have it: that Biglia did that on purpose so he could play.

:lol::lol:

You started out brightly but you've turned into the most ridiculous poster here.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Baka looked lost.

Fullbacks were poor.

One thing I liked about 2012-2017 Milan is that for all their flaws, they were still able to besiege the opponents' box from the get go in these type of home games. But that has for the most part been absent with Gattuso.

Paqueta might be a good trequartista for this system, but that's not going to be enough to make it work.

Baka looked good in the first half, and that’s probably the diff between your 6 and my 7. Most importantly, the strikers combined well. It’s not a trivial achievement considering 2 days of training.

Biglia is the real issue. The next time we play this way whenever we get Paqueta back, I don’t want Biglia starting. He’s completely past the days of being a deep lying regista.

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score

Baka looked lost.
Fullbacks were poor.

i don't think first half was poor, i'd give 7-7.5. we were first on every loose ball moved the ball fast and well. we ran a lot but couldn't get another goal and we paid the price in second half. we even maintailed high line quite well. this game was exact reflection of early season games where we just couldn't finish off games.

blame on the goal lies fully on FBs and biglia whose one job would be to prevent this sort of situations from happening. calabria crosses were poor. baka was in and out of game but wasn't the reason we struggled. main reason was, samu having no idea what to do in the center. biglia isn't bad when it comes to passing quick but he is a liability defensively. if gattuso insist on playing 4312 i think biglia could actually do well in the trequartista role.

i don't have much hope against ladri but against lazio we have to show up or else i fear gattuso would be fired for sure.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
cutrone missed chances ...
paq injury
game would look completely different

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
No reaction from the management after yet another pathetic performance under Gattuso.

Year zero part 10 up next.

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Kessié was really missed the last two games.

Hugh Janus

Paolo Mongdini
Reaction score
No reaction from the management after yet another pathetic performance under Gattuso.

Year zero part 10 up next.
He should've been fired back in December. But our glorious new management is just as incompetent as the one before.

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'd almost prefer Bertolacci over Hakan at this point at LCM.

To me some kind of saving grace for Hakan is that he increases the passing range of the mid 3 as he can and will do long ball switch plays (unlike Biglia who looked afraid of passing the ball forward) but all in all he shouldn't be a starter after summer.

Last edited:

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
To me some kind of saving grace for Hakan is that he increases the passing range of the mid 3 as he can and will do long ball switch plays (unlike Biglia who looked afraid of passing the ball forward) but all in all he shouldn't be a starter after summer.

Biglia was the one who passed that really long ball to Cutrone, who then crossed to Piatek for our goal... funny isnt it :D

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Biglia was the one who passed that really long ball to Cutrone, who then crossed to Piatek for our goal... funny isnt it :D

Probably his only forward pass in the game :lol:
Seriously, I give him that he probably can do a lot better but he was the player that looked most out of place last night despite it being a good position for him in theory.

Mr. Tea

Ac Milan Icon
Reaction score
Probably his only forward pass in the game :lol:
Seriously, I give him that he probably can do a lot better but he was the player that looked most out of place last night despite it being a good position for him in theory.

Seemed sluggish for the most part... hopefully just a bad game

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Where was our full backs on that goal? I didn't see either Laxalt or Abate

Abate was jogging into what will hopefully be retirement well behind the play.

Biglia was in no man’s land neither defending the man with the ball or the runner. That’s what I would expect of him as he’s awful.

Starting Abate at RB was beyond stupid