Paolo Maldini Thread

tmilan

Marius
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Chiricheș
Cescania said:
Player of the decade

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/feature?id=337789&cc=4716As part of Soccernet's continuing celebrations marking a decade online we asked you to vote for the greatest player of our lifetime. We short-listed ten fantastic players from the last ten years for your consideration.

Close to 100,000 of you voted with almost a third of you plumping for three-time FIFA World Player of the Year Zinedine Zidane. Strutting majestically into second-place is another Frenchman, Eric Cantona, while in third place is Ronaldo, one of the most explosive and exciting players of a generation.

player_poll.jpg
Well, I agree that Zidane is one of the best players in the World in 10 years. And I'm happy to see our captain and Sheva on the list! :D

I have been on that site and there's a top of the managers. Alex Ferguson is first. lol! What do u think of that?

Maldini is the best captain! :)

Gilardino Jr

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko , Maldini ,Gilardino , Nesta , Karimi , Owen , Shearer ,
tmilan said:
I have been on that site and there's a top of the managers. Alex Ferguson is first. lol! What do u think of that?

i agree maldini is best captain and ferguson is a great coach best as well more than 1000 of games at united trophies and everything the european cup so many preimiership titles as maldini he has won 4 european cups i think with milan hes great captain

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Gattuso.
I'm living in Israel and its very expensive to buy the DVD of Paolo.
Can I download it from Emuel or Kazaa?

And I have another question. Is the DVD contains translation on English?

halfblackwinner

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, GOURCUFF!
tmilan said:

paolo is the best captain, no doubts about that. ferguson is great too.

Roksana

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pirlo, C.Ronaldo, F.Totti, Del Piero, Nesta, Heinze, Roy Keane...etc
Paolo is the greatest captain, and Ferguson is the best coach, I must say...

jen1000

Beginner
Reaction score
Does anyone know if Maldini will be fit for the start of the serie a season? :conf:

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
jen1000 said:
Does anyone know if Maldini will be fit for the start of the serie a season? :conf:

in First Game no

Anderson Lima

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini & Nesta
jen1000 said:
Why not? whats going on? I heard he has some fitness problems but I don't know anything more..

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
They said injury list is empty but I doubt that Maldini and Inzaghi will play againts Ascoli.

Gilardino Jr

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
red&black_fever said:
what happened to maldini?
knee injury he will be out for a few weeks but i think he will be back after that international week

ARNOLD RIMMER

Second Technician
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, DeSciglio
Channel 4.com

[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Milan veteran Paolo Maldini has admitted that he is seriously thinking about bringing his stunning career to an end.

The 37-year-old still has two years left on his Rossoneri contract, but he accepts the fact that he could retire before that date.

"I have thought about quitting," explained the central defender. "It is only natural to do so at my age."

The former left-back, Italy’s most capped player, has spent the last 20 years with the San Siro giants but concedes things are becoming increasingly difficult for him.

"I pondered retiring last year when I renewed my contract with Milan," continued the stopper.

"The same thing happened at the start of this season. I did think that having six weeks off would do me good but the situation has in fact worsened.

"There are highs and lows in which a lot of thoughts enter my head. The thing that allows me to continue though is my body, I still feel in very good shape."

Maldini, who is currently nursing a slight knee problem, added that he wants to quit at the top rather than in the shadows.

"When I do stop playing, I want it to be while I am still a first team regular," he underlined.

"That is not because I wouldn’t accept a place on the bench but it is because I have spent my whole career as a first team player."

Maldini says he will play on for now but he can’t guarantee what will happen in the immediate future.

"My situation will be evaluated month after month," he continued. "My contract expires in 2007 but I may not reach that date.

"It is not my intention to just carry on playing for the sake of it."

Maldini’s comments come just hours after teammate Gennaro Gattuso said he considered leaving Milan because of the pressure.[/font]

ACMRULE!

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Ronaldinho, Maldini, Sheva
pippoinzag}{i said:
Channel 4.com

[font=Arial,Helvetica,Geneva,Swiss,SunSans-Regular]Milan veteran Paolo Maldini has admitted that he is seriously thinking about bringing his stunning career to an end.

The 37-year-old still has two years left on his Rossoneri contract, but he accepts the fact that he could retire before that date.

"I have thought about quitting," explained the central defender. "It is only natural to do so at my age."

The former left-back, Italy’s most capped player, has spent the last 20 years with the San Siro giants but concedes things are becoming increasingly difficult for him.

"I pondered retiring last year when I renewed my contract with Milan," continued the stopper.

"The same thing happened at the start of this season. I did think that having six weeks off would do me good but the situation has in fact worsened.

"There are highs and lows in which a lot of thoughts enter my head. The thing that allows me to continue though is my body, I still feel in very good shape."

Maldini, who is currently nursing a slight knee problem, added that he wants to quit at the top rather than in the shadows.

"When I do stop playing, I want it to be while I am still a first team regular," he underlined.

"That is not because I wouldn’t accept a place on the bench but it is because I have spent my whole career as a first team player."

Maldini says he will play on for now but he can’t guarantee what will happen in the immediate future.

"My situation will be evaluated month after month," he continued. "My contract expires in 2007 but I may not reach that date.

Maldini’s comments come just hours after teammate Gennaro Gattuso said he considered leaving Milan because of the pressure.[/font]

Let's hope Stam reaches his best form soon cos it is becoming increasingly obvious that Maldini will not risk playing twice a week with the Champions league and the Scudetto. And lets hope Nesta has an injury-free season as much as possible. But I believe il Capitano will treat us to one of his great great seasons even if it shall be his last one. It is in his DNA to be a champion and he will be one when he retires.

sheva_07

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sheva, kaka, maldini, reyes, fabregas,zidane, ronaldhino, henry, Lehman, Eboue, Hleb,
the inevitable had to happen some time! :cry:

halfblackwinner

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, GOURCUFF!
well, good things always come to an end isn't it? it is sad though! but what paolo has done for milan is what we (the fans of milan) and MILAN will never forget! go paolo! :)

MaGasTeR

Pride of Yorkshire
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Kewell, Kaka, A. Smith, Nesta, Bowyer, Rino, Viduka, Sheva, Rob. Keane, Gila, Harte, Maldini
damn, that's sad :cry: , but life is life :(

Demerio

Photoshop Lieutenant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA-Pandev-PATO
Damn...our CAPTAIN is comeing to the end....
I cant imagine my Milan without Maldini... :cry:

Gilardino Jr

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
he will make it he is a great player i know he will maldini its only 2 more years u played for 20 odd 2 more just 2 more :cry:

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
Its highly unfortunate, but we should've seen it coming this year, at some stage. Let us resign ourselves to the fact that our deer Paolo has defied Father Time till now with great success, anD let us hope he continues to do he same for atleast some months more. Lets raise a toast for him whenever we see him in motion from now on, for these alas are his last days on the field. Lets salute a legend when the art of defence is made to seem next to nothing : the hallmark of genius.

I want to see our Paolo raise the Scudeto sky-high one last ime, and lift the CL into the air and kiss its crest so that i can carry that memory till death.

FORZA PAOLO!!! FORZA MILAN!!!

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
Italian Tsar said:
Its highly unfortunate, but we should've seen it coming this year, at some stage. Let us resign ourselves to the fact that our deer Paolo has defied Father Time till now with great success, anD let us hope he continues to do he same for atleast some months more. Lets raise a toast for him whenever we see him in motion from now on, for these alas are his last days on the field. Lets salute a legend when the art of defence is made to seem next to nothing : the hallmark of genius.

I want to see our Paolo raise the Scudeto sky-high one last ime, and lift the CL into the air and kiss its crest so that i can carry that memory till death.

i agree with this post for last time this player and more more times this coach of ac MiLaN

ACMRULE!

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Ronaldinho, Maldini, Sheva
Italian Tsar said:

Ah man...you have said it so well...perfect choice of words. Hope the dream will turn reality...one last time in the name of Paolo Maldini...a legend on and off the pitch

Lo Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Pirlo, Messi, Zambrotta, Mutu, Mexes
Maldini Considers Retirement!!!

Dont do it Poalo!!!!!

Channel 4:

Milan veteran Paolo Maldini has admitted that he is seriously thinking about bringing his stunning career to an end.

Maldini’s comments come just hours after teammate Gennaro Gattuso said he considered leaving Milan because of the pressure

If he leave us this season it is all over :devilcry:

grande_sheva7

Nesta's calm
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo, Fanta Sheva, Pippo mio, Pirletto, Pato, Sandro Nesta, Willy Wonka
omg...if he retires this year i will cry...but dont worry he wont do it...i have a feeling he will after this year...if we win scudetto he definantly will

MaGasTeR

Pride of Yorkshire
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Kewell, Kaka, A. Smith, Nesta, Bowyer, Rino, Viduka, Sheva, Rob. Keane, Gila, Harte, Maldini
grande_sheva7 said:
if we win scudetto he definantly will
he must retire in glory ...

cuore

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Capitano
I hope he doesn't retire, i'm planning to go to see milan in new york next year, and go to the adidas store and meet Maldini. PLEASE PAOLO, 1 MORE YEAR!

And by the way, when the day comes that Maldini does retire, You guys are all invited to my house, and we will eat cake for the Captain. FORZA MALDINI, CUORE DI DRAGO!

Last edited:

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
That’s really my biggest nightmare & its coming true.
I always thought our weakness is in our CD.
We have 2 reliable CD in Nesta & Maldini.

Its sad 2 see a legend like Maldini hanging his boots.
But its even sadder 2 see a team like Milan not preparing them selves 4 that.

And now with the transfer market deadline we r stuck with what we have.
Imagine if Nesta got injured now.

First thing in Milan plan when the market is open is 2 buy central defenders.
We need 2 young great ones.
Not backups.
But pure class CD.

Even if Maldini didn’t quit till next year.
Shouldt we b preparing a replacement 4 our captain ?
Why the hell did we sell Coloccini ?!!!!!

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
:-(
:(
:-<
:-c
:-C
&-|
:'