Asteroid impact with Earth ruled out for 2019

Alex

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
July 29, cnn.com - Astronomers said Monday they have determined that a newly discovered, 1.2-mile-wide asteroid will miss the Earth in 2019.

Last week, preliminary calculations of the orbital path traveled by asteroid 2002 NT7 suggested the space rock had about a 1-in-250,000 chance of plowing into the Earth on February 1, 2019. Such an impact would cause devastation on a continental scale.

Follow-up observations during the weekend showed the asteroid and the Earth won't meet -- at least for now, according to NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory.

Astronomers initially calculated at least seven potential impact dates beginning in 2019. Only one -- February 1, 2060 -- has yet to be ruled out, but astronomers expect to dismiss that threat as well after more observations of the asteroid are made.

Jamie

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Thats good Id hate to miss Milans 33rd Scudetto :D
(dont try and work it out it probably wrong!)

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
Diavolo I read yestreday in the newspaper that a Russian astronout dicovered that this asteroid can be destroyed with a special king of lasser which isn't available in our world yet!!

The scientist also said that this lasser should be invented before the the Earth and the asteroid meet ..
That's all what I can remember :)

Alex

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Follow-up observations during the weekend showed the asteroid and the Earth won't meet -- at least for now, according to NASA's Jet Propulsion Laboratory.

fa, our planet could be hurt by an asteroid 1.2-mile-wide. That means the end of any kind of human beings. That could happen in 2019, in 17 years.

By the way, I must build a bunker in the house's backyard.

Red&BlackDevils

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
i dont believe in that kind of stuff. All people say that very soon it will be the end of the world. or or earth crush with other planet or very soon we wont have air.

Jamie

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Red&BlackDevils said:
i dont believe in that kind of stuff. All people say that very soon it will be the end of the world. or or earth crush with other planet or very soon we wont have air.

What do u mean when u say u "dont believe that kind of stuff"? Its not as if there saying Inter will win the league or sumthing stupid like tht ;) I can believe that an asteroid will hit earth why not? Anyway im bored of this im going back to "discussions" or sumthin :D

shevagirl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Oh....what is this now....,..No i don't belive in this
10 years ago i heard the same story and i was little and i was crying,i was so scared.And nothing happen.....

But not this time....i just don't belive in this