Fifa 18

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Sometimes you would find items at 10x lower price than their worth. I would sometimes just refresh the search and something would pop up. Act fast and it's a couple thousand coins right there

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
What's your Fifa formation/lineup for Milan then? I started with both Kessie and Conti and I got my ass whopped every time. Switched between 4-3-3 and 3-5-2 still got whopped. Then switched to Chelsea and won comfortably.

Calhanoglu behind the strikers. Suso on the right, Rodriguez left, Bona and Biglia CM. Silva and Kali up top.

Y-Bido92

il-Faraone
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Totti, Zidane, R9

Calhanoglu behind the strikers. Suso on the right, Rodriguez left, Bona and Biglia CM. Silva and Kali up top.

Oh man I sucked defensively with this formation. I play 4-2-3-1 and have been unbeaten so far with Milan.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Further thoughts:

It feels a lot better to play and score.

Auto-switching is so poor. It takes ages, doesn't show you where you're going and the players aren't intuitive.

Also, there are problems with players chasing after the ball when you don't want them to(when it's going out wide, for example), and not doing so(when the ball is free in the middle of the pitch)

But I am enjoying it.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Buy relatively cheap players that aren't that well known but have good stats so some people that don't know their real value sell them at much lower prices.
2 years ago Tolisso was one such player for example.
When I was buying I would set the price at 1000 and buy all that I could find with prices ranging from 600 to 1000 didn't matter just buy them all. And then sell them set the low price 1200 and buy now price at 1600 or sometimes even more if he was selling well.
It would take me maybe half an hour to buy 50 such players and then put them back on the market.
Let's say I would make 300 profit on average per player. That's 15k for half an hours work (+1 hour it takes to sell but that's automatic).

I was doing the same (I've only played UT on Fifa 17) but... i''d do it with gold manager contracts :lol: ... pretty some were bought accidently thinking they were player contracts :g:

Buy for 150 and sell on for 450-550.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Maldini,Nesta,R9,Sheva,Crespo,VanBasten,Desailly,RuiCosta,Ronaldinho,Rijjkard,Gullit,Viera

yes man those are the Milan-icons in FIFA .. i forgot inzaghi tho:o

I suppose they come in pack but smh only youtubers are able to pack them .. poor folks like us , best you can hope wait till next summer so prices are down :lol:

This is why i prefer PES tbh.... just unlock the classic teams and voila you get all the legends without spending a dime.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
On Ultimate Team are you meant to play against teams far superior to your own?

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
ultimate team game play is rubbish as usual, they probably differentiate it from the seasons game play on purpose.

the worst thing fifa ever did was region specific servers, I'm stuck with people with people who buy fifa points and coins :fp:

ffs you can see MSN in division 8 :fp:

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Just play UT draft. UT divisions is garbage

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
ultimate team game play is rubbish as usual, they probably differentiate it from the seasons game play on purpose.

the worst thing fifa ever did was region specific servers, I'm stuck with people with people who buy fifa points and coins :fp:

ffs you can see MSN in division 8 :fp:

I got the gold packs to begin with, 3 icons and Robben.

And in my second game I come up against someone who is like 90 overall and pretty much has the Madrid team.

Is there even meant to be some semblance of fairness?

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
2 things I dislike:

1. no matter what you do, keepers will ignore the ball on 2nd post crosses even tho they could reach out and catch the ball or at least punch it. most of the goals I concede are like this. I even tried out buying tall GKs with the "comes out" trait and it's still the same

2. It takes my defender more time to recover his balance after a tackle than it takes the tackled player to get up from the floor and get the ball. Also, I noticed that players with high tackling but low strength really suck at stand tackling unless they're moving. Players like Veratti or Allan are really good tacklers if they're sprinting towards the opponent, but when defending and controlling them with LT, trying to tackle a 80+ strength player that's moving towards your goal is useless way too often, you get the ball but the dude just runs str8 through you

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
I have noticed that.

The wind-down after the stronger standing tackle is ludicrous.

They're pretty much 5 feet down the pitch by the time you get up, even if you've knocked them over.

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
i feel like my first icon buy is going to be the 85 rui costa; looking at his stats he should be exactly the kind of player I like using and at around 500k he's not that expensive

packed willian yesterday and he's really fun to use. 4*4*, feels great on the ball, decent passer, decent shot and his tackling is above average (has about 60) so I feel OK using him as a RM as well.

ATM i have 5 OK teams that I keep rotating, so I still haven't bought any expensive players (kept all expensive players I packed and barely bought any players outside of trading and sbcs) and I can't really find a <20k striker that I like. So far, I think Bakambu's been the least shitty (but playing laliga squads bores me). decent strength, good pace and finishing ft. a 4*wf. Scored a lot with Kalinic at first but now that people have started building decent teams he's kinda shit...

I need to get my hands on an 88 rated Sheva :b: (1.3-1.5m atm)

Last edited:

Y-Bido92

il-Faraone
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Scored a lot with Kalinic at first but now that people have started building decent teams he's kinda shit...

:lol::lol: he's quite shit, better finisher than a silva tho i feel but nowhere near as threatening.

Totally agree with Willian, he's a player made for Fifa

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
i feel like my first icon buy is going to be the 85 rui costa; looking at his stats he should be exactly the kind of player I like using and at around 500k he's not that expensive

packed willian yesterday and he's really fun to use. 4*4*, feels great on the ball, decent passer, decent shot and his tackling is above average (has about 60) so I feel OK using him as a RM as well.

ATM i have 5 OK teams that I keep rotating, so I still haven't bought any expensive players (kept all expensive players I packed and barely bought any players outside of trading and sbcs) and I can't really find a <20k striker that I like. So far, I think Bakambu's been the least shitty (but playing laliga squads bores me). decent strength, good pace and finishing ft. a 4*wf. Scored a lot with Kalinic at first but now that people have started building decent teams he's kinda shit...

I need to get my hands on an 88 rated Sheva :b: (1.3-1.5m atm)

I got that Rui Costa at the start(he's the final one, right?)

He's quite slow, wasn't that impressive. But then again I was shit, so maybe that was it.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Took me a while to get used to the game, now i think its much superior and fluid than fifa 17.

I mostly play against friends(offline and online, not into the coins stuff, don't have time for it sadly)

Tried the play as one player career thing, gets boring really fast after a few games.

Also as far as managerial careers, the negotiation is uber shit.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
91 maradonna feels so good in game.. way way more fun to use than messi

87 deco was fun to use as a CM

maldini 88 LB feels like Kolasinac, slow but strong Af. Maldini 96 CB is good for sure.

Felt like theyve never watched Nesta, he was way faster than that.

henry LW is shit, didnt like him in game.

van bastan ( played only 1 game with him )

Sheva 86 was beast for me , awesome stats too.

And finally R9 omg.

I still dont get why they didnt give Maldini a 5* WF and 5* SM to R9

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
maldini's stats are bs.

young maldini should be h/h and have way better attacking stats

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Agreed but as a LB with those crazy defensive stats he would be so OP

Y-Bido92

il-Faraone
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Took me a while to get used to the game, now i think its much superior and fluid than fifa 17.

I mostly play against friends(offline and online, not into the coins stuff, don't have time for it sadly)

Tried the play as one player career thing, gets boring really fast after a few games.

Also as far as managerial careers, the negotiation is uber shit.

I also tried this and got bored af. Which position did you choose your player to be?

Nesta13

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Ibrahimović, Gattuso, Maldini, De Jong, Inzaghi, Seedorf
Does anyone know if the November patch will include new faces for Milan's players?

Another question: where do you get enough money to buy icons at FUT?

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
I also tried this and got bored af. Which position did you choose your player to be?

Striker, got old pretty fast.

Do you guys know were u can see how much a player has left on his contract? (Not one of your players)

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Played with Pelé fut draft and hes the best icon ive used till now. After him come maradonna and sheva

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
Bought luis alberto for 13K just for his 91 passing

Y-Bido92

il-Faraone
Reaction score
Fav. Players
2 questions about the game hope you guys have an answer

1) is there any way to make the defense sprint when there’s a counter attack against me? The defense nonchalantly jogs back while someone like Walcott is going for a goal unless I manually control a player and sprint with him.

2) when it’s a counter attack for me, why do the strikers take backward steps and delay themselves? I end up reaching the box with no one in it to cross or pass it to

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
i already got bored of the game :lol: RN I'm only using the game's trading as a candycrush-like timewaster

online feels kinda shitty post patch, all the things I liked about 18 went away with it. I gave up on WL...I'm only playing SB from time to time, enough to keep gold1/elite3. Barely played any Seasons.

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
played the game on a regular ps4 and the framerate sucks ass. I played 2 games and got a headache

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
thinking about trading it in for football manager/another game

what a gigantic piece of shit this game turned out to be, it's the same shit it has been for the past 4 years or so.

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
Already traded mine in and pes, both of them garbage. Time to give up on these games