Dida Thread

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaladze, Materazzi, Abbiati, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Kaka, Inzaghi, Gilardino
BMWTaylor said:
No, it started going downhill for him right after the Euroderby last year, with the PSV series standing out. Istanbul was the topper.
Terrible !!!

When we VS Inter, he was injured by Inter's fans throw the bomb !:mad:

When we VS PSV in second leg, everyone are sucks except Ambrosini..:head:

When we VS Liverpool, lost 3 goals in only 6 minutes must depress everyone, especially when he saved the PK, but Liverpool shot it again to score !:cry:

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
Yuchen Fish said:
When we VS Inter, he was injured by Inter's fans throw the bomb !:mad:
to be honest... i think his form only dipped drastically after gettin' hit by the flare... before that... he seems really confident...
has the impact of the flare been more than just superficial? has it infact impeded his concentration level?
damn those Inter fans...

Redsun

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Gullit, Savicevic, Nesta, Hateley, Simone, Virdis, Baresi, Eranio
zZ[-_-]Zz said:
to be honest... i think his form only dipped drastically after gettin' hit by the flare... before that... he seems really confident...
has the impact of the flare been more than just superficial? has it infact impeded his concentration level?
damn those Inter fans...

hımm.that's logical really.hope he cover himself quickly again.our defence did it,he can do also.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
BMWTaylor said:
No, it started going downhill for him right after the Euroderby last year, with the PSV series standing out. Istanbul was the topper.
Wouldn't say that is to cause at all for his less miraculous displays. Of course the incidents of last year's derby would of shooken him up a tad but to say thats purely the main reason for his slump is unjust.
Dida played great in the Final last year. He is by no means to blame.

Dida is just coping so much critizism over the entire season, which really does shit me. They blame him for not coming out of goal. He tries it during the Derby, and is caught in two minds. On a few occassions that nearly cost us some valueable points. I think Dida's problem is handling the critizism. He just has to play his own game and not read the papers. His confidence will grow over time.

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
San Paolo said:
Dida is just coping so much critizism over the entire season, which really does shit me. They blame him for not coming out of goal. He tries it during the Derby, and is caught in two minds. On a few occassions that nearly cost us some valueable points. I think Dida's problem is handling the critizism. He just has to play his own game and not read the papers.
I have to agree on this one. BTW BMWTaylor, I'm npt trying to bash him in any way. I'm just asking for a little bit more concentration from him. We all know he's better than his displays recently.

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
r3dman said:
I have to agree on this one. BTW BMWTaylor, I'm npt trying to bash him in any way. I'm just asking for a little bit more concentration from him. We all know he's better than his displays recently.
'Tis okay, you don't have to censor yourself to please me. Everyone has a right to their opinions. I don't consider it an insult. :)

San Paolo said:
I think Dida's problem is handling the critizism. He just has to play his own game and not read the papers.
If that's the case, I sure as hell hope he doesn't read Il Giornale. That rag gives him more shit than anyone out there. :rolleyes:

I get the feeling that he's very self-conscious about his work and is one of those people who wants to please everyone, which is impossible, of course. (I speak from experience in both cases.) I think it leads him to try too hard and then get down on himself when something goes wrong.

Last edited:

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
BMWTaylor said:
I get the feeling that he's very self-conscious about his work and is one of those people who wants to please everyone, which is impossible, of course. (I speak from experience in both cases.) I think it leads him to try too hard and then get down on himself when something goes wrong.
I think you're fairly right.
I've noticed Dida has opted to punch a lot of balls than rather back himself to catch them.
It's just a confidence issue. I have no doubts he will regain his magnificent form in the future. All players have dimps in form. IMO I don't even think Dida is playing that bad. The media has blown this way out proportion.

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
His arms and hands are damn flexible, it reminds me a Black Widow...
12.jpg

Sometimes he is unsecure but we can't succeed without him.
epfkhq.jpg

She-Pip bring the goals but he prevents us from conceding goals.
zaimdi.jpg

He does feel sad with the criticism, but I'm sure not many people can understand and taste the difficulty of his job.
wjmbqi.jpg

He is the most quiet player in Milan, it's hard to see his comment on the news. When things don't go right, he's usually the first one who is blamed.
tmrjeb.jpg

We know it's very difficult to reach the new trophy in Paris but with Dida we can do it, rite? Bring us to Paris, in Dida we believe. He's Nelson Dida, he's no. 1
wbetow.jpg

Last edited:

Redsun

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
dida will show his real self in this very important barca games.i believe him and this team. :star:

Reaction score
KEVIN THANKS FOR THE PICS! :)
Good luck for tomorrow to all Milan guys, especially Nelson and Clarence :)
Oh, God, I hope that things will go well! Kiss

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
That was nice, Kev. Nearly brought tears to my eyes. I'm such a sentimental fool. :D

I wonder if he's also afraid that his form is drawing the ire of the Milan fans. From what I've read on Xtratime, he's usually the first player to enter the pitch for pregame warmups and he apparently likes to ham it up a little with the Curva Sud regulars on his way out.

Last edited:

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
No worries mate! I felt sad for Dida sometimes, poor him! However, I have faith in Milan players and so do you, we can do anything! FORZA MILAN! SOLO CONTE!

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
"I've made a few mistakes for Milan this season and understandably there's been a lot of criticism. My confidence has wavered a little and the only answer is to work your way out of it in training. In the past few seasons in Serie A and the Champions League I've proved I'm a good keeper. I'm confident I'll find my way again. My teammates and coaches at Milan, as well as Brazil coach Carlos Alberto Parreira, have all given me their backing. It's always good to know people have faith in you. I was on the bench when we won the World Cup last time and I really envied our first-choice keeper Marcos. Now I hope it's my turn."

--World Soccer magazine, April '06

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
BMWTaylor said:
"I've made a few mistakes for Milan this season and understandably there's been a lot of criticism. My confidence has wavered a little and the only answer is to work your way out of it in training. In the past few seasons in Serie A and the Champions League I've proved I'm a good keeper. I'm confident I'll find my way again. My teammates and coaches at Milan, as well as Brazil coach Carlos Alberto Parreira, have all given me their backing. It's always good to know people have faith in you. I was on the bench when we won the World Cup last time and I really envied our first-choice keeper Marcos. Now I hope it's my turn."

--World Soccer magazine, April '06
it will be his turn... =)

dida

>>*&#322;)*I*&#322;)*@*<<
Reaction score
Fav. Players
*Dida* *Maldini* *Nesta* *Gattuso*

Metalheadache

Il Capitano
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Oddo, Janku, Kaka, Gattuso, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Pippo, Gilardino, Dida & Co.
Forza Dida!

Nice pics+caption kevin! ;)

Well I was a gk once, and I understand what hell he is going through!
IMO, he was the best Milan player of the night we lost to those losers Barca
sadly fo that stupid Gigolo's goal! :D

...and read somewhere a former gk said that most gk have the No.1 as they're the 1st to be blamed...man this is damn lame! :head:

C'mon Dida you can do it!
Keep a clean sheet at Nou Camp! :star:

:star: Forza Dida :star:

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dida is an unlucky chap... when he plays badly... the team wins... but he gets alot of bad reviews... however... when he plays well... the team loses... i think he must be wonderin' to play badly & hope that the team can win rather then performin' & watch the team exit...

Redsun

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
hope he play good as the first game.or better of course.

clear sheet will be the main key tomorrow night.cause this team can find a very late goal and can make it to the extra times.but a barca goal will make us all unmotivated.

Forza Dida!!!

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
zZ[-_-]Zz said:
Dida is an unlucky chap... when he plays badly... the team wins... but he gets alot of bad reviews... however... when he plays well... the team loses...
Glad someone else noticed that besides me. I thought I was the only one... :D

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
BMWTaylor said:
Glad someone else noticed that besides me. I thought I was the only one... :D
great minds think alike... =)

Raja-AC

Banned
Reaction score
there's no time to faults now
Dida must do his best to keep his goal clean
plz nielson !!
:mad:

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
Hey hey hey…..
I expect same performance in WC with Brazil coz we wanna win it again. :D
Dida , ur the man.

DugiNesta

the epic #3
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini - El Shaarawy - Kaka - Gattuso - Messi
Dida was our best Player last night :star: Forza Dida he is backing in his old form.

WILL2K

Magical Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo , Maldini , Kaka , Zizou ..
Dida was without a doubt the best player last nite . There has been news that Buffon might be joining Milan. That will be the tough competition as Buffon is rated much higher than Dida . Anyway good luck Dida . We are proud of u .

Albion

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Grande Dida :)

I thought that header from Larson went in ! Amazing save, he did great last night.
He should remain our first keeper, I wouldnt change him unless I see name of Gainluigi Buffon in our squad list.

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
those that doubt Dida should look at the mirror and discover themselves that bein' a fan is not only about praisin' players when they deliver but also standin' by them through the toughest of times... it's a shame that there are so many fair-weathered fans here...

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Albertini Riquelme Seedorf
I have always liked DIda. But I compare him to Dudek. Both made a couple big mistakes and instead of getting their confidence back they started to make smaller mistakes. This gives the defenders insecurity and I still am a huge fan of Dida but he lost his confidence for a long period of time. so I feel maybe a change during the season was better for milan and not at the end of a season. Dida should start over next year, and be great again.

Last edited:

Schedule