AC Milan - Champions League 2010/2011

SantaFe

Macrocosmic voyager
Reaction score
just think about it... if milan win the tottenham clash, they will verse either roma or (more likely) shakhtar, and if they win that clash they go to the semi finals probably against arsenal or barcalona because they will verse valencia or schalke. So if we beat tottenham, milan should be in the semi finals (beat shakhtar) and that would be very great because pirlo and ambrosini would be back. Let's hope our front 3 all hit a good form before tottenahm game. If milan make it to the semis i'll be very proud FORZA MILAN

If Milan wins in London, there is a possibity getting Shakhtar (if the they win their clash too)... In this round, we may see some of the favorites to drop out as well, namely, Real, Barca (why not??), MU, etc.

Last edited:

Felix_Abbá

Ma Vieni!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Boban, J.P Papin, Costacurta, Barasi, R. Baggio, Albertini, Maldini, Kaka, Pirlo,Pato, R80
Sean, I was in a bar in North Greenwich for the last 15 mins of the first leg (tube delays) and was bought a pint by some very sympathetic and decent spurs fans. Outside I was met by your typical idiot laughing at me due to the fact I was wearing my pato shirt so had to shout back at them in Italian. I may do the same for the second leg as it was actually pretty decent if I can get there in time!

i watched the game just of totteham court road...i wasn't given a sypathy pint.....i was just laughed at :(

was working with a guy from tottenham all week and we've agreed to watch the game togther....really grates on me how cocky all their fans are like they've been here and done it before....

can i just say to any tottenham fans that see this....IT'S 1-0....you may have score 1 goal at the san siro but all we have to do is score 2 at "the mighty WHL"......

you might of have injuries but we have too...blah blah bah....i guess what i'm trying to say is.....

WE ARE MILAN......YOU ARE TOTENHAM..... think about it.... :tongue: :thumbsup:

SantaFe

Macrocosmic voyager
Reaction score
Mourinho : (About Milan and Inter) Losing 0-1 is diffucult, but not dramatic. It can be overcome in the return leg.

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Exactly. 1-0 isn't exactly unreachable. We only need a 1-0 win...

Only thing we really have to watch out for is counter-attacks.

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Exactly. 1-0 isn't exactly unreachable. We only need a 1-0 win...

Only thing we really have to watch out for is counter-attacks.

yep, and our super fullbacks will take care of them:cool:

Gio

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Pippo, Gattuso, Nesta, Kaká, Cafu, Costacurta, Rui Costa, Ambrosini, Sheva, Stam, Totti, R9
i watched the game just of totteham court road...i wasn't given a sypathy pint.....i was just laughed at :(

was working with a guy from tottenham all week and we've agreed to watch the game togther....really grates on me how cocky all their fans are like they've been here and done it before....

can i just say to any tottenham fans that see this....IT'S 1-0....you may have score 1 goal at the san siro but all we have to do is score 2 at "the mighty WHL"......

you might of have injuries but we have too...blah blah bah....i guess what i'm trying to say is.....

WE ARE MILAN......YOU ARE TOTENHAM..... think about it.... :tongue: :thumbsup:

Yeah it's pretty frustrating, I expect this from most English fans especially the bigger clubs but from this new upstart team its a bit of a slap in the face really. Either way im looking forward to the 2nd leg, just hope whatever the case people are decent about it. Before this match the only fans in England idea gloat at were Chelsea or manutd fans as they're just the worst in general.

Normally if Milan beat a team im more about celebrating the teams own success than having inflicted defeat on an opponent. (Obvious exceptions to this rule surely don't need to be said).

Susan

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Sandro Nesta, Thiago Silva, Pippo, Ibra, Kaka
Bye Bye CL:(
Sad to go out this way when we're the better team, next season we'll try it again and hopefully it'll finally work better than in the last four years.
It already seems like 2007 is ages ago, I want to win CL again :(

Sod-Lod

Milanese Dominator
Reaction score
Thursday 10 March, 2011 Blog: Mythbusters

They may have failed to reach the Quarter Finals but Milan shattered some stereotypes, according to Scott Fleming

Glorious failure was once the preserve of the Scottish national team. Now it seems Milan are getting in on the act.

There are some that will refute that observation straight off the bat, that will argue it's a disgrace for the Serie A leaders to be eliminated from the Champions League by a team sat 5th in the Premier League. Those people are living in the past. In 2008 to be precise, when Milan were reigning champions of Europe and Harry Redknapp took charge of a Tottenham side bottom of the table.

Once they were the butt of every joke, perennial underachievers, but Spurs are now one of the growing powers in European football. Luka Modric, Aaron Lennon, Gareth Bale, Rafael van der Vaart - these players would walk into just about any team on the planet.

Premier League clubs in general have a considerably larger bank balance and talent pool than their Serie A counterparts, and have done for some time. Does that make it the more entertaining and interesting league? I would suggest it doesn't, but that's an argument for another day.

Not that Italy's representatives should accept defeat to English clubs as inevitable, but we could do without the mock outrage when it does happen.

Whilst Milan need not be ashamed by their elimination, they should be frustrated and disappointed, by their first leg performance in particular. Not just because it gave them a mountain to climb but because it fuelled the myth of the Giuseppe Meazza nursing home, feeding the old stereotypes, that Milan are ageing, slow, and predictable.

Stereotypes that were shattered within minutes of kick off last night at White Hart Lane. You could hear the shock in the commentator's voices. Here was a Diavolo that attacked with pace, verve and vigour, that refused to conform to outdated perceptions, that contained several players under the age of 25 and brought a 19-year-old and a 20-year-old off the bench.

Unfortunately for the Rossoneri, their first half performance was so good that they simply assumed the goal would come, and slacked off in the second half. The biggest problem though, as it has been all season, was missed chances, and the biggest culprit, as he has been all season, was Robinho. The praise for William Gallas's goal line clearance let Roby off the hook, because he shouldn't have scuffed his finish in the first place.

So Milan are out, but they'll be back next year, and they'll bring Alexandre Pato, Rodney Strasser and Alexander Merkel with them. Not quite a nursery, but not a nursing home either.

Maggie

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ibra, Pato, Robinho
CL 2010/11 lost:thumbsdown::devilcry: But in the next CL we will be there again! And much better than now! We are Milan!:devilfir:

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Maldini, Van Basten, Lionel Messi, Pato, Nesta, Van Nistelrooy.
This is a good article on goal.com about UEFA's coefficient system. He is right in saying Uefa Champions League is different to Europa League, now that Italy has slipped to 4th in the rankings behind Germany. But in the last decade, Italy has won 3 UCL's (2 Milan, 1 Inter) and got to quite a few semi finals like 2006 (Milan-Barca) and final in 2005. Germany has 1 team as well just Bayern Munich and the last time a German team won was 2001 I think. UEFA rules have to be changed, In the last 4 years as well Italian teams have 2/4 Champions League's with Milan and Inter winning in '07 and '10. The only reason Spain has not lost it is because of Barcelona, with Real Madrid going out in last 16 for six years.
http://www.goal.com/en-gb/news/2914...president-adriano-galliani-calls-for-overhaul

PatoRTW

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Albertini Pato Thiago.Silva Pirlo Abate Robinho
If Milan win the league and cup their CL departure won't hidder their season at all. Tottenham may actually have a chance to go far but i wouldn't mind them being beaten badly ;)

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
It seems like all our new fathers are scoring. :star: The 2012 champions league final is on may 19. According to Wolfram Alpha, 9 months before that is August 19, 2011.

Hmmm... Milan sex night? :thumbsup:

Gatorbasu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
No Merda and No Manure

Boy, what a dilemma !! I hate both Real Merda and Manure from the bottom of my heart, and now Manure is practically in the final. Hope Barce can go through Merda and take out Manure in the final !!

LoLInter

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Maldini, Cavani, Ibra, Totti, Gattuso, Del Piero, T.Silva, Nesta, Lampard, El Shaarawy
The diving Catalans managed to do it again :o gotta say, the refs do love Barca

Marco Gullit

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Boban, Baresi, Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Seedorf...
The diving Catalans managed to do it again :o gotta say, the refs do love Barca

You'd rather of had the park the bus Madrista's win?

When you Ronaldo on more than one occassion shouting and gesturing to his own players to come support him you know Mou's set his stall out for a smash and grab... Well done to Barca for playing the way they play, regardless of Real's tactics!

Not a vintage performance from either team, but neither goal was made from ill gotten fouls, so your arguement falls down there does it not?

Fuck Mou, fuck Real, fuck Ronaldo... Its not like they aren't familiar with throwing theirselves on the ground at every given opportunity :rolleyes:

Colossus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva
The first half of that game was the most boring half of football that I have watched this entire season and maybe longer than that. I have never seen Dani Alves play so reserved, to the point that the one time I remember him coming forward was after Pepe got sent off. Barca's possession football really puts me to sleep, and it's not attacking football as Xavi claims, it is an admission that they are scared of defending with men behind the ball.

Mou really got his tactics wrong I think as Barca were there for the taking with Iniesta out. Kaka should have started with Pepe and Alonso and with Ozil and Di Maria on the wings. Without Iniesta there was no driving runs from the centre of midfield to worry about and it was only Xavi's passing as a threat from midfield. If Messi would drop deep he would have met Pepe.

Saying that though, the sending off was unjust, but it was not unexpected due to the disrupting tactics Mou has used in the past couple classicos. It was a shame to see those tactics used by Mou considering the level of talent left out that could have made a difference.

LoLInter

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Maldini, Cavani, Ibra, Totti, Gattuso, Del Piero, T.Silva, Nesta, Lampard, El Shaarawy
You'd rather of had the park the bus Madrista's win?

When you Ronaldo on more than one occassion shouting and gesturing to his own players to come support him you know Mou's set his stall out for a smash and grab... Well done to Barca for playing the way they play, regardless of Real's tactics!

Not a vintage performance from either team, but neither goal was made from ill gotten fouls, so your arguement falls down there does it not?

Fuck Mou, fuck Real, fuck Ronaldo... Its not like they aren't familiar with throwing theirselves on the ground at every given opportunity :rolleyes:

I wish in some way that they could both magically lose but.. not gonna happen. I agree that it was Mou's fail but still, before I saw that match I actually had respect for Barca players... now, not so much.
Have you seen the video proof on Pepe's tackle that rendered Dani Alves "unable" to move for like 5 mins? He barely touches him (less than the Ibra "punch" on Rossi). That's Oscar worthy acting right there by Alves. Most Barca players fell at any physical contact, it was like seeing a bunch of Ronaldo's playing in one team (except for Messi who can't seem to fall unless he's brutally taken down lol).

And I won't drop the fact that many big teams facing Barca ends up with a red-card. It is true and these last Classico's have proved me right.

I actually hope Schalke win the whole thing lol, that would be fucking sweet.

Riccardo

AAAARGGHH!!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Gattuso, Nesta, Rui Costa
Co-efficients

Guys, is it confirmed that next season we'll be a 2nd seed in CL Group draw.

Unless both Liverpool and Bayern fail to qualify.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Guys, is it confirmed that next season we'll be a 2nd seed in CL Group draw.

Unless both Liverpool and Bayern fail to qualify.

Note we have a small hope that Bayern can loose in the CL play-off round as well if they finish 3-rd ...

(it won't happen :o)

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
If we are going to win the CL we will have to beat the best so i dont care what pot we are in.

anth183

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Andriy Shevchenko, and Filippo Inzaghi
Dont know if this has been posted but taken it from Football Italia

Milan also secured the Scudetto in the third from last round of the season when they won in 2003-04. Their 18th title puts them on a par with rivals Inter and between these clubs the Serie A crown has stayed at San Siro for seven consecutive years.

There have been 13 Serie A campaigns with 20 or 21 teams and Milan have won two of them, the other being in 1950-51.

President Silvio Berlusconi has won eight Serie A titles with five different Coaches (Arrigo Sacchi, Fabio Capello, Alberto Zaccheroni, Carlo Ancelotti and Massimiliano Allegri). Allegri becomes the fourth tactician under Berlusconi to win the Scudetto at his first attempt, joining Sacchi, Capello and Zac.

Milan have the strongest defence in the League with 23 goals conceded, letting in only six during the second half of the season.

Zlatan Ibrahimovic celebrated his eighth consecutive League title (including the two taken off Juventus in the Calciopoli scandal). Mark Van Bommel has won eight titles in four different countries (Holland, Spain, Germany and Italy). Massimo Ambrosini got his fourth Scudetto, all of them with Milan.

Alessandro Nesta had a special party for his 400th Serie A appearance, excluding play-offs, winning his third title. Alexandre Pato got his first Scudetto on his 100th Serie A appearance.

Full page here http://www.football-italia.net/dykweekthirtysix.html

Lol i just realised I posted this in the completely wrong thread

Last edited:

Gatorbasu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Can anybody please let me know the detail quotient calculation (as per UEFA) for each country's strength of its soccer league which eventually determines the number of teams that participate from that team in CL every year?

Thanks in advance.

Schedule