The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Discussions

AC Milan Discussions Talk about AC Milan's tactics, AC Milan news, events, history, etc., in here. Also find out details on how to travel to Milan and buy AC Milan tickets.

Old 17-07-2008, 23:24   #101
Centre
AC Milan Legend

i interpreted marcus' post the same way as radio... he said "finalists" as in both teams...

Signature

Quote:
Originally Posted by Congo Powers View Post
AC MILAN. we big dick. deal with it.
Centre is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2008, 01:33   #102
lia
yada yada

Fav. Players: Mané Garrincha, Kaká, Nesta, Ronaldo

At least Galliani said already that the priority is the scudetto, don't want to hear baldy, when january comes, claiming that our home campaign was harmed 'cause we were focusing on the only Cup we don't have.

But I do want us to try and win both, for that the squad depth is fundamental. We already reinforced the team, but could use more signings, specially in defence.

Signature
lia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2008, 02:43   #103
Marcus
Costacurta Groupie

Fav. Players: Maldini, Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Pazzini, MENEZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by CentreD13
i interpreted marcus' post the same way as radio... he said "finalists" as in both teams...
And I meant that. Valencia was way stronger than both Monaco and Porto.

Don't bother with Michael, he's just making ditch Radio's team

Signature
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2008, 03:57   #104
acerвιc wιт
Milano Siamo Noi!

Fav. Players: Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi

We will be there or thereabouts come end of season. As long as we have an opportunity to win the ESC again and add to our 18 International trophies, I'm happy.

Signature

"You cannot buy football, you construct it." - Arrigo Sacchi.
acerвιc wιт is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2008, 04:03   #105
DonippoKakaShevdini
Santo Baresi

Fav. Players: Der Franco

I am actually looking forward to the UEFA cup. A few years ago we saw Milan win their first Coppa Italia in almost 30 years. It was urely the first and the only time I have ever seen a Milan captain lift that trophy. The same should be thought of with this edition of the UEFA cup.

I agree that there is no guarantee though. Bayern Munich supporters may have felt this way last year. A cake walk European competition. They had their arses handed to them by Zenit in the semis. Milan need to play like the continental thoroughbreds that they are to win this. I agree with San Paolo too. A victory here provides a European Supercup date in August, where we have a tremendous track record. In fact, I believe it is indeed Milan who have won that trophy more than anyone else.

Signature

The World will always be Red & Black....But Europe is Red & Gold.

Triunfa Espańa! Los yunques y las ruedas cantan al compás del himno de la fe.
DonippoKakaShevdini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-07-2008, 04:59   #106
Marcus
Costacurta Groupie

Fav. Players: Maldini, Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Pazzini, MENEZ

Besides, it will be a match of greater importance than a regular European Super Cup. On one hand, the newly crowned Champions of Europe, and on the other, the newly victorious Milan, a force to be reckoned with at all times. A superb opportunity to prove that Milan are right back at the top.

I know the match is more than a year away, but we need to get there. It should be the thought that will drive the team. And that means giving everything, from the first rounds, to the very end.

Signature
Marcus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2008, 00:32   #107
Mr Fella
Rookie

i would love to see Milan win the uefa cup.
However I'm sure we'll bow out about half way through and end up fighting for 4th place.
which i think is a real shame. i think Milan are capable of challenging on two fronts, Personally i think the Viola did a fine job in the uefa cup and showed that you can challenge for uefa cup and champs league position. They only narrowly lost to an unbelievably negative Rangers side.
And no one can tell me they had more strength in depth then Milan currently do. In fact they were without mutu for the games against Everton.
milan do have problems in certain positions, no doubt. We need pace at the back and maybe another attacking option. However, i'm not saying their the best in the business, but, we do have Jankulovski, and Zambrotta for the LB, and Antonini in reserve. Not to bad in my opinion.
I blame Uefa for making the cup wot it is today, I'll never understand why they got rid of the cup winners, any trophy in Europe used to mean something, now you see great sides who go out at the group stages go into uefa cup and field second string sides because they don't care about the trophy. Disgraceful. people need to remember, football is supposed to be entertaining, play with pride and play to win. I say go for everything, Milan use this 'our objective this year is' crap every year now, and it really annoys me
And if all else fails, remember this, Inter have not won a trophy in Europe for over 10 yrs, in fact they have forgotten wot the Champoins league trophy looks like. And the uefa cup didn't look so bad to them when it was all they could win
Mr Fella is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2008, 03:30   #108
Billy_69
Banned

Fav. Players: Billy, Boban, Savicevic, Van Basten, Sheva, Pippo, Ambrosini, Maldini, Kaka', Desailly, ...

Don't forget Fiorentina passed through against the "mighty" FC Groningen on penalty shootout in the first knock out round (even before the group stage) of the UEFA Cup. If it would have went the other way, no one would remember Fiorentina's good UEFA campaign. I always remind that to Viola fans that take the piss out of Milan for bragging about their (undeserved) fourth place. They generaly tend to stfu then.
Billy_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-07-2008, 12:00   #109
Armin__m
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: >>rossoneri<<

end up fighting for the 4th place??
Armin__m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2008, 16:51   #110
Cristina
Super Moderator

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Pato, Balotelli

So.. anyone have any idea where these games will be broadcasted for those of us in Canada?
Cristina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2008, 16:59   #111
Tsar
Banned

Even in Europe the UEFA Cup recieves very little coverage. For example the highest profile competitor in it last season was Bayern Munich, yet the only occasion their games were televised here was when they played the local side Scaberdeen. Contrast that to complete coverage of every single CL match.
Tsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2008, 17:21   #112
Jasper
Maldini tier

Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli, Michael Avenatti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsar
Even in Europe the UEFA Cup recieves very little coverage. For example the highest profile competitor in it last season was Bayern Munich, yet the only occasion their games were televised here was when they played the local side Scaberdeen. Contrast that to complete coverage of every single CL match.
My local pub always shows the 'biggest matches'

Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2008, 17:34   #113
Surfer
I've got the devil in me

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pato, Shevchenko

Quote:
So ?
It's not like Inter while play more then 6 games in the CL because they won't even make it through the group stage, Milan however will win the Uefa Cup so with some luck we even earn more on it then you do on the Champions League...
Surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2008, 17:49   #114
Tsar
Banned

^ Not that I care a great deal about club financing as a form of pissing contest, (can't imagine why a B*****ista would either given Galliani's recent revelation), but the CL group stage TV income alone is worth more than a UEFA Crap run.
Old 25-07-2008, 19:01   #115
Ashish
Banned

Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Duncan, Ginobli, Eli Manning

income shove it in your ass biatch we need trophies genuine one ass hole not by sucking refs balls
btw you cunt what are you doing in this forum
Ashish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2008, 19:05   #116
Tsar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashish
income shove it in your ass biatch we need trophies genuine one ass hole not by sucking refs balls
I agree, thats exactly what you need to do, but old habbits die hard + The UEFA Crap is not the place to start a new clean era of "genuine" trophy collecting.
Old 25-07-2008, 19:15   #117
Ashish
Banned

Fav. Players: Ronaldo, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Duncan, Ginobli, Eli Manning

Quote:
I agree, thats exactly what you need to do, but old habbits die hard + The UEFA Crap is not the place to start a new clean era of "genuine" trophy collecting.
bastard later half was about the blue black septic tank in the city
Old 25-07-2008, 21:35   #118
Billy_69
Banned

Fav. Players: Billy, Boban, Savicevic, Van Basten, Sheva, Pippo, Ambrosini, Maldini, Kaka', Desailly, ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashish
bastard later half was about the blue black septic tank in the city
It would make me smile, the sound of my doc martens boots smashing his skull and his teeth breaking in his little bitch head, no?
Billy_69 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2008, 21:42   #119
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy_69
It would make me smile, the sound of my doc martens boots smashing his skull and his teeth breaking in his little bitch head, no?
american history x style?)

I put that shit head on my ignore list...cause it seems that no one is gonna ban him

Signature
Az. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-07-2008, 21:42   #120
Ashish
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Billy_69
i would love it