The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Discussions

AC Milan Discussions Talk about AC Milan's tactics, AC Milan news, events, history, etc., in here. Also find out details on how to travel to Milan and buy AC Milan tickets.

View Poll Results: Best CB pairing for 2012-2013?
Acerbi - Zapata 2 2.63%
Acerbi - Mexes 10 13.16%
Acerbi - Bonera 1 1.32%
Acerbi - Yepes 1 1.32%
Zapata - Mexes 40 52.63%
Zapata - Bonera 0 0%
Zapata - Yepes 2 2.63%
Mexes - Bonera 8 10.53%
Mexes - Yepes 11 14.47%
Bonera - Yepes 1 1.32%
I want 3 CBs 0 0%
Voters: 76. You may not vote on this poll

Old 28-04-2013, 22:26   #261
KujaIX
Allegri fanboy

Fav. Players: Allegri, Romagnoli, Bonaventura, Prince, Yepes, Nesta, Seedorf

If we finish level with Napoli we finish above... no need to score more goals and up our GD, there's no point.

Signature
Phillipe Mexes of R&B Mafia Games
Silvio Berlusconi
KujaIX is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2013, 14:47   #262
Jasper
Maldini tier

Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli, Michael Avenatti

Quote:
Originally Posted by KujaIX View Post
If we finish level with Napoli we finish above... no need to score more goals and up our GD, there's no point.

Signature
Must follow tumblr - http://milanpeaboss.tumblr.com/

Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-04-2013, 14:58   #263
jammin
pour l'éternité

Quote:

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by Casualista View Post
Best.

World cup.

Ever.
jammin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 00:18   #264
Ender
R.I.P Milan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
I think he was commenting on your previous post about the goals
"(while taking care with Napoli we have to up our goal difference. As it stands we are trailing by 7. +32 vs +22. Goals scored 58 vs 56 in favour of Napoli)"

If I understand it correctly what he's saying, the direct games count as if in our favor ... with away goals counting more than the home goals ... so we don't need to look at goal difference.

Though I don't think we need to worry about Napoli at this point
Ender is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 00:50   #265
Gatorbasu
World Cup Winner

I don't think we can make up 7 points in 4 games to catch Napoli. Better we should worry about Fiorentina being on ass !!

If we don't get the third place finish, all the good work of building this team for future will take a huge step back.

Come on, Milan. Thank goodness we ended winning yesterday. We played so good but we can't score. SES is alright but he need to make a better shot selection and Ballo needs to pass a little more than taking it all the way by himself. Hope they mature a little faster.

Signature
!!Milan wins it all !!

Forza MILANO
Gatorbasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 10:35   #266
Jasper
Maldini tier

Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli, Michael Avenatti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ender View Post
I think he was commenting on your previous post about the goals
"(while taking care with Napoli we have to up our goal difference. As it stands we are trailing by 7. +32 vs +22. Goals scored 58 vs 56 in favour of Napoli)"

If I understand it correctly what he's saying, the direct games count as if in our favor ... with away goals counting more than the home goals ... so we don't need to look at goal difference.

Though I don't think we need to worry about Napoli at this point
Where do you get that away goals rule is in place in a League? Can you(Kuja) name any league where it counts?

(We don't need to worry about them indeed but can still keep tabs)

Signature

Old 30-04-2013, 16:59   #267
KujaIX
Allegri fanboy

Head to Head includes away goals, does it not?

There's no reason for it not to... it's happened in the past with Italy.

Like here, it says "Head to head goal difference" which is 0 for Palermo and Cagliari, and then "head to head goals scored, which would result in Palermo finishing above... but Cagliari finish above because 2 of their 4 goals were away goals... thus, giving them the edge.

I dunno. I always thought it was head to head, and then away goals if tied on goal difference within that. I haven't seen anything prove it wrong so far.

Signature
Silvio Berlusconi
Old 30-04-2013, 17:22   #268
Xudong
AC Milan Legend

it seems to me that 'away goal' isn't a factor. it is only the goal difference in H2H then overall GD.

Signature
FORZA MILAN

Last edited by Xudong; 30-04-2013 at 17:24.
Xudong is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-04-2013, 17:40   #269
Jasper
Maldini tier

Quote:
Head to Head includes away goals, does it not?

There's no reason for it not to... it's happened in the past with Italy.

Like here, it says "Head to head goal difference" which is 0 for Palermo and Cagliari, and then "head to head goals scored, which would result in Palermo finishing above... but Cagliari finish above because 2 of their 4 goals were away goals... thus, giving them the edge.

I dunno. I always thought it was head to head, and then away goals if tied on goal difference within that. I haven't seen anything prove it wrong so far.
Cagliari -9; Palermo -10.

Still, I don't think any league uses away goals rule.

Signature

Old 30-04-2013, 18:16   #270
KujaIX
Allegri fanboy

I know.

I just don't see why the wouldn't. They play at each stadium... it doesn't make sense to have head-to-head goal difference count and head-to-head goals scored but not apply away goals...

Signature
Silvio Berlusconi
Old 30-04-2013, 18:18   #271
Jasper
Maldini tier

Quote:
I know.

I just don't see why the wouldn't. They play at each stadium... it doesn't make sense to have head-to-head goal difference count and head-to-head goals scored but not apply away goals...
We must disagree again. I makes total sense to me. Away goal rule is to cause tension in cup-ties. In a league it gets lost.

Signature

Old 04-05-2013, 21:20   #272
Sod-Lod
Milanese Dominator

Default MILANELLO : allenamento 4/5/2013

Sod-Lod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-05-2013, 21:29   #273
KujaIX
Allegri fanboy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper View Post
We must disagree again. I makes total sense to me. Away goal rule is to cause tension in cup-ties. In a league it gets lost.
There are still home and away games. It's harder to score away than it is at home(especially with the ridiculous condition of Italian stadia), and, therefore, for me, it's preferable to have an away-goal rule.

Signature
Silvio Berlusconi
Old 05-05-2013, 19:38   #274
Sven
Super Moderator

So we will match a relegated Pescara next round, and we can actually lose points against Roma and still keep going for the third place regardless.

Siena face Fiore and Napoli next... So by the last round when we face them they'll be either dead or they'll have killed Fiore/troubled Napoli on the way.

Fiore will face two desperate teams (+ a bonus round in Pescara) - Siena and Palermo fighting for their lives. They can really lose some points there

---

If Inter somehow beat Napoli today we can dream about second place.
Sven is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-05-2013, 21:54   #275
Jasper
Maldini tier

35 games - 3 left
Milan position - 3rd
7 points behind 2nd place Napoli
4 points in front of 4th placed Fiorentina

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/tables/...erie-a?cc=5739

Rules for classification: 1st points; 2nd head-to-head points; 3rd head-to-head goal difference; 4th goal difference; 5th number of goals scored (applied when two or more teams have played home and away. The goal difference basis will be applied if they still only play either home or away)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012%E2%80%9313_Serie_A

Milan - Fiorentina 1-3
Fiorentina - Milan 2-2

I guess the second place is unreachable with only 9 points up for grabs. Chance to book a place in Europe vs Pescara with Udinese trailing us 8 points,

Signature

Old 07-05-2013, 02:59   #276
Jivara
Forza Milan

Default i had a dream

Well i've been thinking since the season is almost over and we are nearing the summer transfer window, it wouldn't be so bad to hope that galliani and his scouting crew are sharing the same ideas as me. It kinda has that x-mass essence to it!

Seeing as Mazzari hasn't recently been using Inler very much and with reports that they would be interested in poor ol' Nocerino who simply just does not cut it out to be a player of any real use to Milan, I hope that we can cut out a good deal.

Next we should add someone who can control the tempo of the match. Boateng seems like someone who is looking to wreck havoc on opposing players, but sadly, hes not much use in the technical department and a lot of our attacks are broken up because we don't have a tempo setter, someone like Hamsik (or Fabregas, Hernanes) who 'senses' whether to go for a quick attack with a few men or chose to delay the attack and push up the team to 'camp'. We simply do not have a player who is capable of doing that and as long as we lack that it is going against a style of play Milan has depended on since Berlusconi took over with players like Rijkaard, Gullit, Savicevic, Boban, Rui Costa, Pirlo, Kaka and so on.

I think a player like Boateng would be better used as a man-marker midfielder who would hunt the opposition's main guy (like the guy I described in the above paragraph), and he could join an attack every now and then, but he is not a go to guy, in fact he is the ideal 12th man of the bench.

In defence I like Mexes a lot and he could be accompanied by Ogbonna who I have come to notice is a player with a nice first touch, calmness and good read of the game, playing with Mexes would be a very good partnership I am sure, and I would like a possible upgrade on the LB department with someone with a good crossing ability like Pasquale from Fiorentina (im serious), he would be a cheap budget move.

dream team:

----------Sharawy----Balotelli-----------
---Hamsik------------------Fabregas-----
-----------Montolivo---Inler--------------
--Pasquale----------------------Abate--
----------Ogbonna---Mexes-----------
---------------Consigli-------------------

sub:
- abbiati/ gabriel
- zapata, zacardo, salomon, vergara
- constant, de sciglio
- de jong, muntari, flamini, saponara
- Pazzini, niang,
Jivara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:26   #277
Nestafan
Long Hair > Mohawk

Fav. Players: Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Aquilani.Current AC - Ibra, Jack, Romagnoli.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jivara View Post
Well i've been thinking since the season is almost over and we are nearing the summer transfer window, it wouldn't be so bad to hope that galliani and his scouting crew are sharing the same ideas as me. It kinda has that x-mass essence to it!

Seeing as Mazzari hasn't recently been using Inler very much and with reports that they would be interested in poor ol' Nocerino who simply just does not cut it out to be a player of any real use to Milan, I hope that we can cut out a good deal.

Next we should add someone who can control the tempo of the match. Boateng seems like someone who is looking to wreck havoc on opposing players, but sadly, hes not much use in the technical department and a lot of our attacks are broken up because we don't have a tempo setter, someone like Hamsik (or Fabregas, Hernanes) who 'senses' whether to go for a quick attack with a few men or chose to delay the attack and push up the team to 'camp'. We simply do not have a player who is capable of doing that and as long as we lack that it is going against a style of play Milan has depended on since Berlusconi took over with players like Rijkaard, Gullit, Savicevic, Boban, Rui Costa, Pirlo, Kaka and so on.

I think a player like Boateng would be better used as a man-marker midfielder who would hunt the opposition's main guy (like the guy I described in the above paragraph), and he could join an attack every now and then, but he is not a go to guy, in fact he is the ideal 12th man of the bench.

In defence I like Mexes a lot and he could be accompanied by Ogbonna who I have come to notice is a player with a nice first touch, calmness and good read of the game, playing with Mexes would be a very good partnership I am sure, and I would like a possible upgrade on the LB department with someone with a good crossing ability like Pasquale from Fiorentina (im serious), he would be a cheap budget move.

dream team:

----------Sharawy----Balotelli-----------
---Hamsik------------------Fabregas-----
-----------Montolivo---Inler--------------
--Pasquale----------------------Abate--
----------Ogbonna---Mexes-----------
---------------Consigli-------------------

sub:
- abbiati/ gabriel
- zapata, zacardo, salomon, vergara
- constant, de sciglio
- de jong, muntari, flamini, saponara
- Pazzini, niang,

I think De Sciglio should be in the starting 11.

I'll shave my hair off, if i see both Fabergas and Hamsik in our midfield next season.

Signature
Nestafan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 03:56   #278
Jivara
Forza Milan

One of the two would be good enough for the time being, although it is unlikely.

If we can offload Nocerino, Robinho, Boateng and invest in Hamsik and Inler it would be a positive sign.
Jivara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-2013, 23:03   #279
Sod-Lod
Milanese Dominator

Sod-Lod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2013, 06:43   #280
Jasper
Maldini tier

36 games - 2 left
Milan position - 3rd
7 points behind 2nd place Napoli. Congrats to Napoli for 2nd place Scudetto
4 points in front of 4th placed Fiorentina

http://soccernet.espn.go.com/tables/...erie-a?cc=5739

Rules for classification: 1st points; 2nd head-to-head points; 3rd head-to-head goal difference; 4th goal difference; 5th number of goals scored (applied when two or more teams have played home and away. The goal difference basis will be applied if they still only play either home or away)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2012%E2%80%9313_Serie_A

Milan - Fiorentina 1-3
Fiorentina - Milan 2-2

Europa League spot guaranteed.

Signature