AC Milan vs FC Barcelona in CL

Cescania

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini
I think the substitutions were reasonable. Milan will face an in form Inter this weekend. Our best players must have enough rests. Pippo, Sheva and Kaka ran a lot and should take a rest to prepare for the next big clash.

Milan deserves the victory. We have more shot on target than Barca. Both teams played well and showed that they are the best team in the World at the moment. However 1 mistake by Barca's goalkeepper made the result of the game. Barca has many chances but they just couldn't score any.

Stam's back and the defence was much more solid. The whole defensive line played well. But it's worrying to see Maldini fell several times. Rino did well like usual, tough but legal. Kaka was able to do some dangerous move. Pippo ran a lot but Barca's defender marked him tight. Sheva was excellent,:eek: passing 3-4 defenders but the ball still on his feet. He must earn many points for the World Football Player Award. :devil2:

Helena

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta etc.
Dida 7
Cafu' 6
Nesta 7
Stam 7
Maldini 6,5 (Had to cover for Seedorf alot of times!)
Gattuso -6
Pirlo +6
Seedorf 4,5
Kaka' -6
Shevchenko +7
Inzaghi 5,5

A good game!! Now it is time to beat Inter!

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Sheva has to be in pole position after his performance against Deco. He demonstrated that he can make the difference on the big stage and when it matters.

How good did Stam play? He is awesome was solid and shut Ronaldinho right out, i bet Dida was happy Stam played ahead of him, as was Nesta he was great made some good slide challendges.

Compliments to Cafu, his cross was classy. Thought the ball from Gattuso was gonna go out he did remarkably well to cross from that angle.

The team played great overall, especially the defence.

unrossonero

vüsa minga!
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
@ unrossonero: è veramente l'anno dell'Inter :o ;) Hope you had fun, maybe at some after-match party :D
spero di no !!! :o

thanks for your concern :) i actually had fun at the match:
-it was breath-taking + well played: barça were an impressive side
-it was nice to be part of sansiro's welcome + tribute to frankie rijkaard :proud:
-a win is a win (especially in c.l. ... can't always destroy opponents) and it makes you swallow certain things better ;)

17-und-4

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva - Gila - Kaka - Rui Costa
It was the best game from our defense this year,specially from Jaap Stam. :devilfuc:
Now we are in the second round of the CL,for sure.

:devilfir: Forza Milan!!! :devilfir:

logan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
gr8 game :D
must be said only diff bwt the sides was Sheva, in an equally contested game. Milan were very lucky when the ball hit the bar twice :D

but Pippo was disappointing :(
the man of the match for me was Stam, had he not been playing Milan very well might ve lost the game! His availability has certainly added the much needed comfort and security at the back ;)

OK, guys the focus now moves to the first Milan derby of the season, cannt wait for it!

FORZA MILAN!!!!!

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
51522163.jpg

Imagine if he scored from this shoot.. :D

51511926.jpg

Like always , ready to score :tongue: ..

hahah.jpg

hehe look at their faces ..

Last edited:

Yan Dao

La Bandiera
Reaction score
You forgot this one dude: :)

AcMilancn.com_2004-10-20_5.jpg

And this one:

AcMilancn.com_2004-10-20_2.jpg

One of the three Dutchmen who introduced me to the Beautiful Game :proud:

Last edited:

unrossonero

vüsa minga!
Reaction score
logan said:
UNROSSONERO u were there at San Siro, WOW :D :)
hey got somee pics for us?
sorry, no ... i hardly ever take pics at the stadium
i had actually photographed the curva in the beginning (with the "milan l'è un gran milan" banner + all) with my phonecam but the image was too little + blurred so i erased it

Vinnie gallo

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Vikash Dhorasoo -- Xavi -- Zinedine Zidane -- Pablo Aimar -- Vikash Dhorasoo
logan said:
gr8 game :D
must be said only diff bwt the sides was Sheva, in an equally contested game. Milan were very lucky when the ball hit the bar twice :D

but Pippo was disappointing :(
the man of the match for me was Stam, had he not been playing Milan very well might ve lost the game! His availability has certainly added the much needed comfort and security at the back ;)

OK, guys the focus now moves to the first Milan derby of the season, cannt wait for it!

FORZA MILAN!!!!!

I don't agree about Inzaghi. Maybe he's been taken too often on off-side' trap, but i found he did a good game. he was strong on ball's conservation, made two great plays in the area between 5 defenders, always ran, and ran and ran. He's a great player.

Rex

Reaction score
I'm just glad we defeated Barca, an impressive display that I could've never imagined before.

Last edited:
Reaction score
Fav. Players
--Super Shev-- +Drogba +Klose
awesome stuff.

although, after we Milan scored, we just played Defence like CRAZY

milan_fan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
kaka, pirlo, gilardino, pippo, dida, sheva
i'd say barca were quite intimidated... (the atmosphere was so... i'd not be surprised if a few milan players were intimidated too :D) ... i'm glad ;)

ics_rk

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Maldini, Baresi, Nesta, van der Vaart, Torres, Reyes, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato
Hehe.. I'm just lucky to watched the goal after a few seconds I turned on my TV :)
I think Milan and Barca played well but Milan was lucky enough not to conceded 2 goals (Larsson and Iniesta).. It was a really good game and a good goal too by Sheva..
About the game, I think Seedorf was the worst player in the game for Milan.. Nesta and Stam were great, Nesta could stop Larsson and Stam stop Eto'o..
If the both played like last match, I'm sure that Milan can win against Inter!
Sheva will score again and Kaka too!! Hope that Crespo can also score!

FORZA MILAN!!

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Totti, Maldini, Canna, Olic, Barbarez, Šuker, Gatu, Buffon, Pirlo, Zambro & Nesta
Well looks like Crespo won't start. It's gonna be Sheva & Pippo again which really is the great possible solution, and they've proved it so many times!

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten - Rijkaard - Gullit - Gattuso - Sheva - Maldini
ecsteveo32 said:
after we Milan scored, we just played Defence like CRAZY

Yes, I agree the last 20 minutes we were deffensing like hell, Milan often does it, even against smaller teams, they will need to keep up the same game play, not laying back on defense! But with the defense they have... Cafu-Nesta-Stam-Maldini + Dida :eek: then you got a defense who can defend
But Seedorf in defense was poor, I paid attention to him in defense and it seems he justs runs after his man without doing something while the other midfielders Gatusso-Pirlo were much more usefull in defense!

logan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Vinnie gallo said:
I don't agree about Inzaghi. Maybe he's been taken too often on off-side' trap, but i found he did a good game. he was strong on ball's conservation, made two great plays in the area between 5 defenders, always ran, and ran and ran. He's a great player.

inzaghi was caught offside too odten, he relies little too much on that i believe. sure he is good pal but i expect more from pippo ;)

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
Inzaghi moved very well againts Barca.. but he most improve alot .. I miss Inzaghi of 2002/2003

pixiraver

Acmilan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldinho, okocha, shevchenko, inzaghi, maradona, romario
milan vs barca

Milan wins d game courtsey of sheva's goal ,it was a really entertaining match,ronaldinho really showed what he was made of,the worst player on d pitch was eto ,he never really deserved being AFrican footballer of d year,jay jay okocha was supposed to win it.My man of the match was STAM ,he really did a great job for milan.ZVon i am sorry u win.

Gatorbasu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Why Ancelotti so conservative in his approach ??

All I have to say that we can do much than what we did against BARCA. Why play so defensively when we do have the firepower up front ??

I like ANCELOTTI the way he manages and motivates the players but definitely he is not the person who think of innovative strategy or playing great soccer. But then, I am saying all these things, but I guess it is better to have 3 points rather playing attractive soccer and getting only 1/0 point out of the match.

I will hold back my opinion till the end of the DERBY.

Schedule