AC Milan vs FC Barcelona in CL

milan_my_love

▼•Moderator•▼
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Gianluigi Lentini, Marco Van Basten, Alberigo Evani, Paolo Maldini & IL Capitano
Milan leads 1-0 at half time :proud: Sheva scored the important goal in the 30th min.I hope Milan score another in second half.

mtfco

just another member
Reaction score
i read the flash news in uefa.com that says stam is playing solid in defense... does anybody watching here?

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Totti, Maldini, Canna, Olic, Barbarez, Šuker, Gatu, Buffon, Pirlo, Zambro & Nesta
logan said:
OK, guys my prediction for the game
5 - 0 to Milan, ;)
i had a dream in which i saw the result :)
cannt wait the match...

FORZA MILAN!!!!!

That's a one heck of a dream :- )

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Totti, Maldini, Canna, Olic, Barbarez, Šuker, Gatu, Buffon, Pirlo, Zambro & Nesta
55' Milan continue to press Barcelona back as they go in search of a second.

56' Shevchenko (Milan) misses the target. It almost comes when the Ukrainian breaks powerfully from midfield but he cannot get his shot on target.

57' Cafu (Milan) misses the target. The Brazilian then cuts in from the right, but he too misses the goal.

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
59' Deco (Barcelona) has an effort on goal. The Portugal international's attempt from distance is Barcelona's first of the half. (Dida makes the save).

62' Important interception by Van Bronckhorst whose late touch just prevents the ball from reaching Inzaghi deep in the Barcelona penalty area.

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
67' Inzaghi (Milan) has an effort on goal. The striker holds off his marker and turns and shoots from a tight angle but Valdés saves comfortably.

68' Ronaldinho (Barcelona) has an effort on goal. Deco tees up the Brazilian whose shot across goal is just tipped away by Dida at full stretch. It is the closest Barcelona have come this half.

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
69' Iniesta (in) - Eto'o (out) (Barcelona) Eto'o has run tirelessly this evening and he makes way for the youngster with 20 minutes to play.

70' Kaká (Milan) has an effort on goal. An acrobatic attempt by the Brazilian off Shevchenko's cross from the right, but the shot lacks power and Valdés saves.

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
71' Inzaghi (Milan) commits a foul after challenging Ronaldinho (Barcelona). This could be trouble for Milan as Ronaldinho stands over the ball 30 metres from goal in a central position.

72' Van Bronckhorst (Barcelona) takes a direct free-kick. In fact it is the Dutch player who takes the free-kick and he fires it straight into the wall.

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
73' Puyol (Barcelona) gives away a free-kick following a challenge on Kaká (Milan). Yellow card!

75' Iniesta (Barcelona) misses the target. The Catalan side press again and the substitute wastes a good chance after some excellent build up play. Milan are beginning to look a bit uncertain at the back again.

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
76' Ambrosini (in) - Inzaghi (out) (Milan) Ancelotti has read the warning signs and opts to bolster his midfield at the expense of the striker.
OH SO HE's GONNA DEFEND THE SCORE, tsk tsk tsk!

76' Barcelona press again. Milan are defending very deeply now.

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
78' Belletti (Barcelona) misses the target. The ball is worked out to the right-back in space but he pulls his shot across the face of goal and another good chance is passed up.

79' Kaká is playing in a more forward position now, but has not seen the ball since the departure of Inzaghi.

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
82' Xavi (Barcelona) has an effort on goal. The ball falls kindly to the midfield player on the edge of the area and he hooks a quick attempt at goal that Valdés palms down and then gathers. (Dida makes a save).

83' Serginho (in) - Kaká (out) (Milan) Another defensive move by Ancelotti as he tries to help his side overcome this late Barcelona challenge.
COME ON Mr.ANC DON't DO THAT!

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
84' Milan have taken the sting out of the game and have regained some control.

86' The home fans sound slightly less nervous now as the clock ticks down.

87' Oleguer (Barcelona) gives away a free-kick following a challenge on Cafu (Milan). The Brazilian forces the free-kick and Milan play down the clock.

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
89' Crespo (in) - Shevchenko (out) (Milan) Warm applause for this evening's goal scorer, who also scored in the 3-1 win over Celtic on Matchday 2.

90' Iniesta (Barcelona) hits the crossbar. Terrific break up field by Barcelona - the ball is played out to the right where the substitute gathers and unleashes a powerful shot that beats Dida but crashes back off the crossbar.

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
90'+1'Larsson (Barcelona) has an effort on goal. Still Barcelona press, but the Sweden international is thwarted again. (Dida makes a save).

90'+1'Crespo (Milan) gives away a free-kick following a challenge on Puyol (Barcelona).

90'+2'Ronaldinho (Barcelona) misses the target. The Brazilian comes forward but shoots high after a powerful run down the middle.

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
...and that's the end of the game.
I gotta admit, Barcelona deserved a point at least, just because Ancelotti tactic to push all of his players to defense. You can't go and defend with vs. such a great team for 20 minutes. Yes we won this one, but I hope Ancelotti doesn't do it anymore! We're not gonna be lucky every time like tonight.

FORZA SHEVA IO TIAMO !!!!!

milan_my_love

▼•Moderator•▼
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Gianluigi Lentini, Marco Van Basten, Alberigo Evani, Paolo Maldini & IL Capitano
Here comes three points and 100% record in Europe continues.Milan were better team all night and worth winners.

:star: Forza Milan :star:

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The family decided to watch Anderlecht-Werder Bremen (of all matches), so I had to content myself with a live stream, courtesy of.. I think Star Turkey it was...

There is not much to comment. Milan managed to pull it off once again but my "well done ragazzi" goes to Inter tonight.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
logan said:
OK, guys my prediction for the game
5 - 0 to Milan, ;)
i had a dream in which i saw the result :)
cannt wait the match...

FORZA MILAN!!!!!

Lol...

U an Inter fan?

J/K

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
I have to think we were equal to the Catalans tonight, and were lucky to come away with the positive result. I wonder if we will decide to cover future opponents on the right flank? I am going to have Belletti nightmares for the next few days, and the sad thing is, we didn't have any tactical options on the pitch or sideline that could have limited his technical display tonight.

On a positive note, Stam was better than I expected on this night.

A win is a win I suppose...

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
My ratings:

Dida 6,5
Cafu' 6
Nesta 6,5
Stam 6,5
Maldini 5
Gattuso 5,5
Pirlo 6
Seedorf 4
Kaka' 5
Shevchenko 6,5
Inzaghi 5,5

---

@ unrossonero: è veramente l'anno dell'Inter :o ;) Hope you had fun, maybe at some after-match party :D

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
DonippoRuiShevdini said:
I have to think we were equal to the Catalans tonight, and were lucky to come away with the positive result. I wonder if we will decide to cover future opponents on the right flank? I am going to have Belletti nightmares for the next few days, and the sad thing is, we didn't have any tactical options on the pitch or sideline that could have limited his technical display tonight.

On a positive note, Stam was better than I expected on this night.

A win is a win I suppose...

I share your opinion with you 100 %

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
And here comes Milan once again to brighten up our days after a very non red and black week
heartpump.gif

Today I think that with a bit of grit, tactical discipline (from most) and teamwork, we were able to snap 3 very precious points from the Spanish giants ... It wasn't an easy game at all just as expected and the dominance of the ball varied during the different periods of the match ... It started with a cautious Catalonian team that wanted to pull out all the enthusiasm from Milan, but weren't very successful as Sheva started it off with a dangerous chance (not sure if he was offside though) ... Larsson then threatened, once with a header and another one hitting the bar ...
Sheva's goal was a header after a pretty good cross from Cafu who didn't impress me much in the first half although his focus was better in the second just like the rest of the team ... As far as Sheva is concerned, a thank you isn't honestly enough anymore so I think a Golden Ball would do En Sha Allah :D

After the goal, the control switched to Barca who wouldn't let Milan even touch the ball in the last 15 minutes of the first half ... My heart was nearly about to stop everytime Ronaldinho touched the ball, this player is way too dangerous to be left with no marking :eek: Thankfully, however, the first half ended with Milan leading and the second started with a team that strongly reminded me of last year's Milan! Although too many opportunities went wasted where Sheva, Kaka and Pippo had the space to move, create chances and score but they mostly lost the ball or wasted in front of the opponent's net ... There was a nice chance, pretty similar to Pippo's goal against Celtic where Sheva passed the ball to him from the right flank but the keeper was able to keep it away from Pippo's legs ...
One thing that disappointed me was Maldini the left flank as he was closing in to the centre too much and his position was almost open for them to wander around ... The last 10 minutes, therefore, were frankly breath taking especially when the ball hit the bar again
newbluesweatdrop.gif
:tongue:

To be honest, the defense still worries me though and once again it's the flanks which I'm worried about and not the centre, because I believe that Nesta and Stam were impressively solid today, particularly the latter! Perhaps we should give Coloccini and Simic some chances, at least to feel some rivlary in that worrisome position at the moment ...
I sort of had the feeling today that the stadium was more energetic than any other match this season and I believe that cheering, whistling and chanting along, the fans also had their say in the result :star: I just wish if I was there as well :D

FORZA MILAN!!!
FORZA SHEVAAA!!!

Last edited:

Milan4ever

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sheva,aimar,nesta,maldini,van basten,veron,tevez,
real it was hard game but lastly we won the match .......
and we are Top...let focus now on the Derby

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
STAM IS A BEAST!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

gotta say that we look really good with him at the back, he's a complete monster.

adriano...bring it on b-atch

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
Huh , Congretulations to all!!:) we played perfect in 70 minutes.. last 20 minutes there was only Barca , who cares since we won it!.. our defense looks pretty better with Stam back .. we had luck .. but luck is part of the game.. lets focus now on Inter.. they are in good shape :(

FORZA MILAN!!!!! soloooo connnn teeeeee , milaaaaaaaan milaaaaaaaaaaaaaan sempre per te!!!

Rivaldo-11

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rivaldo, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta
Once again it is the same, Milan leading 1-0 and letting the opposition look like they were unlucky and deserve a point - thats all it was against Barca.

You can say all you want about Barca deserving a point (which is a fair argument) but i certaintly feel Milan were the better side until they scored (bar Larsson's opportunity from the crossbar). Milan did drop of until the 65th minute - but the play was even until then - thats when Milan threw 9 men behind the ball and let Barca come. If they attacked no body would be saying Barca thoroughly deserve a point.

Anyway, i cant express my delight and satisfaction on Milans victory over Europe's current best......i think its the happiest ive ever been at 4.00am :D.

Pixiraver !!!!!! Dont be scared to come on after Barca's loss - i wont hurt you :D.

YESSSSSS

MILAN IS BACK

My ratings:

Dida = 6
Cafu = 6.5
Stam = 7
Nesta = 6.5
Maldini = 5.5
Gattuso = 6
Pirlo = 5
Seedorf = 5.5
Kaka = 5.5
Inzaghi = 5.5
Sheva = 7

Yan Dao

La Bandiera
Reaction score
Match highlights: http://media.acmilan.com/file_stream/9585_str200.asf

Stam was arguably our best player of the match. Almost every crosses got 'swallowed' by him.

Sheva, the bigger the match, the more likely he will score, great cross by Cafu!

But it was kinda disheartening to see Ronaldinho totally outshone our Kaka. Ronaldinho pulls the strings for Barca, whereas Kaka barely made any impact, and we're playing in San Siro!

And it really pissed me off to see Ambrosini coming on for a striker (yet again!). Do we always have to resort to this tactic everytime our slender lead was under threat?

Dil dil

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan players espacially Maldini-Inzaghi
wow I'm so glad we won with barcelona 1-0 and now
we are leading the group . let us do that again we will play barcelona Nove 2
I wish we will continue wining tell
the end and win the champion league again

So proud of Ac Milan
so proud Of Maldini-Sheva -Inzaghi and all ac milan players

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
And it really pissed me off to see Ambrosini coming on for a striker (yet again!). Do we always have to resort to this tactic everytime our slender lead was under threat?[/QUOTE]

I guess that's OK to throw in an extra defensive midfield to bolster the defense with 15 or so minutes left to protect a single goasl margin. Yes, it can be frustating (remember the CL Final in 2003, Max coming in for Rui Costa?). But Carlo sees that Barca is getting more threatening and it was simply the option he had to make.

As for Serginho for Kaka, apart from a defensive move, I believe it was because Serginho can break faster during a counter attack since Barca went for all out attack. Remember Cafu once broke away alone in the left side with 10 minutes left? More damage can be done if it was Serginho.

Best player was simply Stam. All the waiting and doubting is paid off. Be it low crosss, high cross, through ball or one-on-one situation, he managed to smother them all. But I had some concern about Maldini concentrated more on central defense and caused the left side wide opened. Shots from Beletti and Iniesta came from that side.

Schedule