Patrick Cutrone Thread

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
funny thing is, i'm not even shitting on Cutrone.

I actually got a chance to meet him at Casa Milan and take a selfie with (adding below from my private IG), and was a fan on him for years.

however, painting a picture of him as a failed youth product\ a player that we didn't know to utilize properly is just wrong currently. Maybe he'll grow in a specific club in the future, right now it doesnt seem like it.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
no.

Cutrone is 23, he managed to score 0 goals this season on 3 separate leagues.

Aubameyang at 23 (and before) has netted double digits for St. Ettiene. Also, has managed to continually grow both end product wise and mentally, and has succeeded in providing consecutive successful seasons both in different clubs and leagues.

Wrong. 3 seasons in a row, he scored only 2 goals. Also, he didn't do shit at Milan and only managed to get some confidence boost after going back to his home country for 5 seasons, 1st being in Ligue 2. Cutrone shined from the start and now he's moving between foreign countries, when it's the most critical time for his growth.

I understand he's not producing, but you can't really use Auba as an example, I think they've shared similar struggles.

sheva

suso's dog
Reaction score
"wasn't Auba in a similar spot at this age?",
so no:

Aubameyang at age 22\23 has netted 19 goals and 12 assists in French first division.

"3 seasons in a row, he scored only 2 goals"
again, incorrect if looking at stats. However, I get you point of him not giving much during his youth years. difference is, Cutrone is not our player anymore. Aubameyang did produce little when he was loaned to different teams every transfer season by us. Cutrone can choose any club he wishes (I.E., we are not to blame for his lack of development, unlike the Aubameyang case).

"Also, he didn't do shit at Milan and only managed to get some confidence boost after going back to his home country for 5 seasons"
Didn't do shit at Milan I agree with, partially our fault, however Cutrone stayed for a year in his home country.

summation, Aubameyang may share the same background but surely not the same story and development as it stand now.

Last edited:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Cutrone just doesn't offer too much and would require certain tactics so his shortcomings are hidden and his best attributes are utilized.

I like him, but I am actually pretty happy we were able to get some value for him.

I hope he grows into a different player and proves me wrong, but so far, it doesn't seem like it.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
Speaking to the microphones of 'Il Giornale' the former Milan striker Patrick Cutrone spoke about his past and his future. These are his words: "Today I am looking for a team that is determined to bet on me and that allows me to play continuously. Right now I need to have the trust of the coach and the club. Wearing the Milan shirt has always been great. . The future does not worry me, the important thing is to be ready, that's why I'm training and I want to start again to be the protagonist. The market has just started, with my agent we are working to find the best solution ".

Forza Cutrone!

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
Patrick Cutrone has once again professed words of love towards AC Milan, claiming that he will always be a supporter of the Rossoneri.

The young striker departed his boyhood club earlier in the summer, moving to Premier League side Wolves in a deal widely reported to be worth ?18m. However, he struggled to settle in England and was subsequently loaned back to Italy, where Rocco Commiso?s Fiorentina were willing to take him.

That didn?t work out either and he subsequently went to Valencia, but has found himself back in Italy with newly-promoted Empoli, who secured him on loan. They should give the 23-year-old a chance to return to playing continuously and hopefully scoring frequently.

Cutrone was interviewed by La Gazzetta dello Sport and spoke about joining Empoli on loan, which should give him an opportunity to get back on track.

?At Empoli I immediately said yes. I came from two complicated years, I had played little and had a hard time showing what I can do, but they helped me to grow from many points of view. It is in these moments that you are able to emerge stronger than before. And now I?m happy to be here. I have matured a lot. I never give up, every opportunity is golden to prove what I?m worth. And I?m more charged than ever,? he said (via MilanLive).

?I must say that it has been two years like this, but they were probably part of my training path. But above all, there is the fact that a young boy must play, he must be able to show his qualities. I didn?t have the continuity a striker needs. You happen to play two or three games and that?s it. And in some cases there was also a lack of trust.?

He was asked for a comment about Milan and reiterates his attachment to the Rossoneri: ?But I?m too biased! I am and will always be their fan. Milan is my favourite team, where I grew up, on and off the pitch, I became a man thanks to them, I will always thank them.?

I love this guy. Hopefully he will get back on track soon.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Empoli had played great vs Juve, hope they can keep it up and Patrick finally breaks through. I will wait for his comeback. We need dedicated warriors like him, Calabria and Tonali, willing to bleed for the shirt.