Vincenzo Montella Thread

forward

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Did he smile like a dork after the defeat?

DThGwd5W4AARcs5.jpg:large

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
Sevilla’s training session on Monday was interrupted by several members of the fan’s Biris Norte ultra group, according to reports in Spain.

:D

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Defeated atletico

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
I have to say that based on extended highlights it didn't look convincing at all

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Atleti also had a disallowed goal in 1st half

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Well i just saw the result :D

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Zeke

Professional bowler
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Gattuso, Maldini, Kaka, Romagnoli, Bonaventura

But...but... he has 2.14 ppg average! Certainly this means he is the greatest coach of all time and this 5-1 result can easily be explained by the fan bois!

:lol::fp:

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
giphy.gif

Maybe he'll "overachieve" in the Copa.

p.s. "Vincenzo Montella's rotating backfired spectacularly as Sevilla suffered an embarrassing 5-1 defeat at Eibar in LaLiga on Saturday." :lol:

Last edited:

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Eibar? Did Didac Vila play?

Not a good look for Montella

Edit: wrong team, mistaken with Verdi

Last edited:

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Sevilla 2 - 5 Atletico Madrid

Big game coach.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
“I will not change and the team will not change,” Montella told reporters after the match, as cited by Marca.

“We need to start scoring goals and to eradicate the defensive errors – we gifted Atletico two or three clear chances due to individual mistakes.

“During the game we lost confidence – our heads went down after the second goal and we cannot allow that to happen during games.

“Our first thirty minutes was the best we have played since my arrival but we could not score and then after that it became a very bad night.”

It's even word for word similar to press conferences after some of our losses this season.

Berlusconi

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Sevilla’s training session on Monday was interrupted by several members of the fan’s Biris Norte ultra group, according to reports in Spain.

:D

Angry mobs everywhere he goes :lol::lol:

He fucked this situation up for himself. He overachieves one season, then gets a better squad and performs worse.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
“I will not change and the team will not change,” Montella told reporters after the match, as cited by Marca.

“We need to start scoring goals and to eradicate the defensive errors – we gifted Atletico two or three clear chances due to individual mistakes.

“During the game we lost confidence – our heads went down after the second goal and we cannot allow that to happen during games.

“Our first thirty minutes was the best we have played since my arrival but we could not score and then after that it became a very bad night.”

It's even word for word similar to press conferences after some of our losses this season.

This guy is beyond repair. Rino's after game conferences are on a god level compared to him. Praising when it's not worth it and shitting on the players when he's the one who should take the blame... :fp:

Angry mobs everywhere he goes :lol::lol:

He fucked this situation up for himself. He overachieves one season, then gets a better squad and performs worse.

tenor.gif

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Jesus christ.

You could paste that press conference after every loss we had under him.

So I assume they play like we did earlier this season then?

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado
He is so bad I can’t even use him as troll material to support him

The good old days when one could fein support for Allegri

Sigh

makcoul

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Loool Montella in CL quarters... his coaching won over Mourinho or just luck????

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
2643976-2446446-1442683389-24464.gif

Deserved to win both games.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
Well done vincenzo...

Just shows what you can achieve when you dont have fodder like suso and bona as your main players.

Zeusftw

#WeAreSoRich
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Singer, Leonardo, Maldini, Romagnoli Capitano, Bakayoko, Kessie, Suso, Caldara, Calibria
montellas problem at milan was he let mirabelli buy whatever he wanted to buy and didn't question his decisions. this naive decision fucked him over royally. i still think montella is better tactically than gattuso in all honesty

WILL2K

Magical Milan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo , Maldini , Kaka , Zizou ..
Well done!

Tactically he was never bad, above average. ^ Yes having many new fresh faces he did not ask for + lack of mental preparation and fitness attributed to his downfall

I would still have Rino over him. A win-win for both.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Good win :thumbsup: As most people with tactical sense has already said, he's a very good coach if the team is dotted with technical players.