Riccardo Montolivo Thread

How do you like Montolivo?

• Total voters

Raz

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Check milannews.it guys, Capitano was originally expected back around end Nov & now they are saying it's a matter of weeks!
:jump:

No need to sign another midfielder now. Fine as we are.

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Wow the vacations helped.

Montolivo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zlatan, Montolivo, Honda, Pazzini, Abate, De Sciglio, Mexes, Ambrosini, Nesta, Pato, Ronaldinho
can someone give me a trust worthy link on this? can he be back really early?

I would not care about the market anymore, I would be so happy if he would get back!!

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
can someone give me a trust worthy link on this? can he be back really early?

I would not care about the market anymore, I would be so happy if he would get back!!

It's still not early... the news say it will be 2-3 weeks earlier than what was originally anticipated. Considering that the original date was end of November, it means that he'll be back at the start of November at the earliest if everything goes great. Considering that after he comes back from injury, he still will need to recoup his form and introduced to play slowly to avoid injuries, he'll either be playing a few min for 2-3 weeks or not at all.

Long story short, I'll believe that Montolivo is back when I see him playing in the field from the start of the game

Dawn

Campione d'Mercato
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Albertini, Weah, Nesta, Rino, Kaka, Sheva, Pippo, De Sciglio, El Shaarawy
It's still not early... the news say it will be 2-3 weeks earlier than what was originally anticipated. Considering that the original date was end of November, it means that he'll be back at the start of November at the earliest if everything goes great. Considering that after he comes back from injury, he still will need to recoup his form and introduced to play slowly to avoid injuries, he'll either be playing a few min for 2-3 weeks or not at all.

Long story short, I'll believe that Montolivo is back when I see him playing in the field from the start of the game

I don't think he will have game time before XMas and don't expect he has instant impact upon return. Last year, he was really bad after returning from a less serious injury. We'd better get reinforcement before Sep. 1

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
It's good news, it's healing faster than expected, they could have said, sorry it's going to be end December, or, it's going as expected, still end Nov but no, they've moved it to, say, early Nov.

I think the date is for on the pitch playing, not just training, but I could be wrong. And I think he'll be re-introduced gradually so just as a sub at first.

If anyone has more specific info, please share! I await his return with eager anticipation!

Forza Monto!

Peace ❤

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
To bad he got injured, or we could have gotten rid of him in this mercato.

Painfully average last season.

ladro

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Thats good if hes back. He may have been average last season but seeing other options will likely be muntari and dezmaily his return is a must.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score

Don't think a sale would have happened.

1. Seems to be Galliani's #1. That alone is enough...but
2. Like a lot of our players, teams that can afford them don't need them and teams that might probably benefit from signing him can't pay them.

Other than that without signing a better ball playing mid first, wouldn't be a smart move to sell him...given the midfield options we have.

Let's just hope for a good recovery and hope he plays better than last season.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli

Overrated on these forums.

Hopefully he performs more like his first season though.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli

Ender

R.I.P Milan
Reaction score
And Matri/Agazzi are underrated :proud::fp:

Matri and Agazzi aren't shit.
Montolivo isn't brilliant.

Report to the brig LemonCookies :o

I think the truth is closer to what Nestafan says... all players play like shit for periods of time and also play better when they are properly motivated or placed in the right position. We tend to forget but all players have also issues in RL, and despite claims of being a family, like in almost every job where there is competition, there will be kiss-asses and clans within the locker room and inside politics.

Let's hope that our new coach can bring the best from all the players in our team.

Montolivo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Zlatan, Montolivo, Honda, Pazzini, Abate, De Sciglio, Mexes, Ambrosini, Nesta, Pato, Ronaldinho
Montolivo is a brilliant midfielder. you guys are just blind because of last season.

mleite

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Montolivo, Romagnoli🌟, Suso, Bonaventura, Calhanoglu, Kessie, Cutrone, Paqueta, Bakayo
Montolivo is a brilliant midfielder. you guys are just blind because of last season.

:thumbsup:

Funnily enough last season was my first watching Monto & I thought he was so brilliant I fell in love with him. Fangirl & proud. It excites me to know that you guys keep saying he was even more brilliant the season before, I adore all Monto's qualities & I remember him saying last season that he was working hard to improve.

I love his Ice Bucket Challenge & the fact he nominated Pearce & Della Valle. No hard feelings gentlemen!

Come back quick Monto, love you!

Forza Milan!!! ❤❤❤

Peace

Montolivo

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Funnily enough last season was my first watching Monto & I thought he was so brilliant I fell in love with him. Fangirl & proud. It excites me to know that you guys keep saying he was even more brilliant the season before, I adore all Monto's qualities & I remember him saying last season that he was working hard to improve.

I love his Ice Bucket Challenge & the fact he nominated Pearce & Della Valle. No hard feelings gentlemen!

Forza Milan!!! ❤❤❤

Peace

Well you should have seen him the season before. He played mostly as a regista and was brilliant. He was a leader and a match winning player.

Last season wasn't that good, but I blame it on the fact that Allegri changed him back to mezzala again because de jong was back. Montolivo is no box2box player making runs, he is an elegant sitting midfielder with incredible ability to control a match. Defensively he is even smarter.

This year he will be back to his real position, i promise.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score

Forza Milan!!! ❤❤❤

Peace

Everything about Monto is lovable.

Tadej

Banned
Reaction score

Forza Milan!!! ❤❤❤

Peace

So, you are a monto fan, not a milan fan...interesting :monto:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Sellable for everything over 10

Why not give :mb: all prices?

Montolivo - 10mm

Michael Agazzi
Mattia De Sciglio
Sulley Muntari
Philippe Mexès
Jérémy Ménez
Riccardo Saponara
Keisuke Honda
Giampaolo Pazzini
Adil Rami
Michelangelo Albertazzi
Michael Essien
Andrea Poli
Cristián Zapata
M'Baye Niang
Ignazio Abate
Diego López
Bryan Cristante
Daniele Bonera
Pablo Armero (on loan from Udinese)[46]
Christian Abbiati (vice-captain)[45]
Alex
Nigel de Jong
Gabriel
Cristian Zaccardo
Stephan El Shaarawy
Hachim Mastour

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
No.

This is Riccardo "average" Montolivo thread. Pls don't go off topic.