Cristiano Ronaldo Thread

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
manutd fan said:
for what its worth on MUTV there is a weekly phone in show that just finished, and every caller was talking about Ronaldo and saying he should go, it seems most people have 'turned' on him.
@ manutd fan: no need to knock CR7 to please the haters. The kid is good, has tremendous talent and is a bit of a prick. end of :o

CR7 is a rare player, rare talent and a dream signing. I don't think he is better than Kaka but what scares me is that he keeps on improving. I always knew he had it in him but he has exceeded my expectations as a goalscorer for sure.

Strangely enough I think Robinho would play better at ManU than CR7. Robinho isn't that much into the glam lideftyle (although is 10x the party animal), is humble, faster, more skillful, less selfish (i.e. will surely feed Rooney) and Nani looks to become a more than adequate successor to CR7. The only problem is that he is ov a very slight build....that and I don't rate him as a free kick taker. CR7 is very well built and is far more sturdy (and less injured) than Robinho. If in his early days Robinho was too slight for La Liga.....it's either he is going to be waaaaay faster than the defenders or is going to spend all his time on the stretcher.

zZ[-_-]Zz

¤ Gli Invicibili ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Roberto Baggio, Franco Baresi, Marco van Basten
Forza Milan...

Last edited:

siatanhai

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Cafu, Javad Nekounam,
ronaldo quikcer than robinho for sure, clearly stronger and much more agile making him a better dribbler
robinho has technique more than ronaldo and thats it as far as beating defenders

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
lolzzz @ zZ[- -]Zz
It's a pity Ba retired we could have gotten Ronaldo+ cash for Ba :D

siatanhai said:
ronaldo quikcer than robinho for sure, clearly stronger and much more agile making him a better dribbler
robinho has technique more than ronaldo and thats it as far as beating defenders
I think Robinho is faster. CR7's speed is overrated. Kenwayne Jones, Aaron Lennon, Gabriel Abonglahor, Walcott and CO. will smoke him without breaking a sweat

Last edited:

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Eric Cantona, Paul Scholes, Van Nistlerooy, Valencia
zZ[-_-]Zz said:
since Milan & Man Utd have good relationship... especially considerin' how well Ancelotti & Ferguson got on when we encountered in previous years... maybe Man Utd should push C.Ronaldo to Milan...

it would piss off Real Madrid... Milan would want to piss them off too... considerin' they played the same dirty tricks on us last season about Kaka...

it would somewhat piss C.Ronaldo... he can't go to his dream club & have to play UEFA Cup football instead...

in return... we will give cash plus Brocchi... Emerson... Digao & Seedorf... :D

lol well fergie has said he will let ronaldo rot in the stands rather than go to madrid this summer, and apparently he has told Barca that they can have him for 5 million less than Madrid offer (if its a big offer)

I doubt Milan would have the money to spend for him either, though i could be wrong.

drucurl said:
lolzzz @ zZ[- -]Zz
It's a pity Ba retired we could have gotten Ronaldo+ cash for Ba :D

I think Robinho is faster. CR7's speed is overrated. Kenwayne Jones, Aaron Lennon, Gabriel Abonglahor, Walcott and CO. will smoke him without breaking a sweat

lennon and Abonglahor and Walcot are quicker, but Ronaldo has better acceleration, plus defenders bounce off him as opposed to the other way around with the likes of walcott.

I wasn't trying to please the haters, i've said before that ronaldo has 3 different sides to him, as a person in interviews and behind the scenes he is really funny and looks like a good laugh, but then there is his play acting which i hate, but then sometimes I just think, like you, that considering his rate of improvement he could be scarily good. I mean, he's played vs what 45 teams this year? and he's scored vs every team minus Barca and City(suspeneded for 1 game aswell), I don't think i've ever seen a player like him in terms of goals as he can score every type of goal possible consistently.

Last edited:

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
manutd fan said:
lennon and Abonglahor and Walcot are quicker, but Ronaldo has better acceleration, plus defenders bounce off him as opposed to the other way around with the likes of walcott
Nike is doing speed testing on their players and CR7 is nowhere to be found....the top sprinters thus far are lennon Abonglahor and Walcott

ezekiel2517

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I lost the list.
Milan has the money, it is just the directing board that refuses to invest :cry:

yeah so i hate him as a person, but i will say, in FIFA 08 i'm trying to buy him :D

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
zZ[-_-]Zz said:
since Milan & Man Utd have good relationship... especially considerin' how well Ancelotti & Ferguson got on when we encountered in previous years... maybe Man Utd should push C.Ronaldo to Milan...

it would piss off Real Madrid... Milan would want to piss them off too... considerin' they played the same dirty tricks on us last season about Kaka...

it would somewhat piss C.Ronaldo... he can't go to his dream club & have to play UEFA Cup football instead...

in return... we will give cash plus Brocchi... Emerson... Digao & Seedorf... :D

LOL :D We might move for him when he is 31-32. Well that will give Galliani the chance to say he wanted to sign him 7-8 years ago but he was to expensive, bla bla bla.

siatanhai

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Cafu, Javad Nekounam,
continuing the discussion here ;) - yes kaka has dissapeared in some big games too but lets not forget tonaldo with the sheer quality and depth of the team backing him up ihas got an easier opportunity to dominate the big games whereas our squad is a little depleted and lacks man utd's quality and depth

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
menon_inc said:
LOL :D We might move for him when he is 31-32. Well that will give Galliani the chance to say he wanted to sign him 7-8 years ago but he was to expensive, bla bla bla.
maybe by then he would become a man

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
man u fan what is cr7's decision i thought he will declare today. ne news on that???

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ashish_skaria said:
man u fan what is cr7's decision i thought he will declare today. ne news on that???
he hasn't said anything yet, 2 days ago he said 'in the next 2-3 days' so i think he will speak tommorow.

Its a 100% guarantee that he won't be leaving this summer anyway, or so fergie says anyway.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
`RONALDO TELLS AGENT HE WANTS REAL MOVE`

Posted 04/06/08 08:22

EmailPrintSave

Cristiano Ronaldo is reported to have told his agent that he wants to leave Manchester United in order to fulfil his "dream" of playing for Real Madrid.

The Guardian reports that 'The Portugal international has informed his agent, Jorge Mendes, that he wants to play in Spain and his decision has already been outlined to Madrid, encouraging them to step up their attempts to prise him from Old Trafford.'

Earlier this week, Ronaldo informed the Spanish press that he would make an announcement on his future in the next two or three days. However, that deadline is set to come and go with no public word from the forward. Instead, says the Guardian, 'one of his associates briefed the Portuguese journalists that Ronaldo, as suspected, was hoping United would relent on their refusal to entertain the idea of negotiating a world-record transfer.'

Ronaldo's dealings with the press are becoming, depending on your point of view, either all the more bizarre or all the more telling. That he has developed a propensity to only talk to Spanish press is itself revealing, and an example of the nudge-nudge-wink-wink approach that has kept the story running on both the back and front pages is detailed in this morning's edition of The Independent.

'When a Spanish journalist upstaged a press conference last week at the squad's base at Viseu, northern Portugal, by presenting the player with a Real team poster and telling him: "I am here to say one thing: 'We want you with us,'" an employee of the Portuguese Football Federation tried to intervene,' the newspaper reports. 'Ronaldo waved away the official's protestations and insisted on receiving the poster. "It's a present for me. I want it," he said.'

No wonder the Spanish press are convinced that Ronaldo will start next season in a white shirt.

....................... madrid trick :o ??? :conf:

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
in the Manutd magazine review there is a breakdown of ronaldo's goals this season, here it is:

Competitions in which he scored:

Premiership : 31
Champions League: 8
FA Cup: 3

Where on the pitch was he when he scored:

In the 18 yard box: 21
Six-yard box: 9
Penalties: 6
Outside the area:6

What part of his body did he score with:

Right foot: 26
Left foot: 6
Head: 9
Knee: 1

At what times in the game did he score:

0-15 mins: 7
16-30 mins: 5
31-45 mins: 8
46-60 mins: 6
61-75 mins: 4
76-90 mins: 12

Centre

Milan Icon
Reaction score
manutd fan said:
At what times in the game did he score:

0-15 mins: 7
16-30 mins: 5
31-45 mins: 8
46-60 mins: 6
61-75 mins: 4
76-90 mins: 12

interesting that he scored the most in the last 15... any idea how many were important versus how many were games that were already over?

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
CentreD13 said:
interesting that he scored the most in the last 15... any idea how many were important versus how many were games that were already over?
he scored a lot of goals when say we were 1-0 up, and he'd pop up with a goal or 2 late on.

everton (2-1)
derby (1-0)
arsenal (2-2)
liverpool (2-0 selaed the game on 85')
aston villa (2-0 scored the first around 85 mins)
spurs (3-1 scored twice)
Sporting Lisbon (2-1)

these are the only games where he scored late on that were important. I may have missed 1 or 2.

IMO his peformances is 06/07 were better than those in 07/08. Lots of times this season he played badly and nicked a goal, wheras in 06/07 he was MOTM in just about every game and had the top assists in the league.

he's more of a 'predetor' now.

Last edited:

Centre

Milan Icon
Reaction score
manutd fan said:
he scored a lot of goals when say we were 1-0 up, and he'd pop up with a goal or 2 late on.

everton (2-1)
derby (1-0)
arsenal (2-2)
liverpool (2-0 selaed the game on 85')
aston villa (2-0 scored the first around 85 mins)
spurs (3-1 scored twice)
Sporting Lisbon (2-1)

these are the only games where he scored late on that were important. I may have missed 1 or 2.

IMO his peformances is 06/07 were better than those in 07/08. Lots of times this season he played badly and nicked a goal, wheras in 06/07 he was MOTM in just about every game and had the top assists in the league.

he's more of a 'predetor' now.

thats not too bad... to be honest ive always felt that he was a very selfish player... but leading the league in assists kind of contradicts that i guess... hmm...

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
yeah that ass, scoring 41 goals, every type at every possible junction of a game. Shame on him

Centre

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Milano84 said:
yeah that ass, scoring 41 goals, every type at every possible junction of a game. Shame on him

im not knocking his total... thats obviously an impressive tally... ive just always thought he cared more about himself than the team... u know like a selfish prick... as good as he is i wouldnt want him at milan...

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I wouldnt mind him..... then sell him to madrid for 100 and sign 4 world class players!

hah but your point is taken...Nothing would make me happier than milan meeting manUtd again and kaka schooling ronaldo again to shut up all the MAnU bangwagoners

Centre

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Milano84 said:
I wouldnt mind him..... then sell him to madrid for 100 and sign 4 world class players!

hah but your point is taken...Nothing would make me happier than milan meeting manUtd again and kaka schooling ronaldo again to shut up all the MAnU bangwagoners

that would be one of the funniest things ever... manu would hate us...

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
CentreD13 said:
thats not too bad... to be honest ive always felt that he was a very selfish player... but leading the league in assists kind of contradicts that i guess... hmm...
he was this season, but in the 06/07 season he was a very good team player.
As he has got better he has also got more selfish.

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Cristiano Ronaldo has broken his silence over his future by reportedly declaring a desire to move to Real Madrid.

The transfer story of the summer gathers pace by the day but prior to speaking to Brazilian website Terra, little of note had been offered by the Manchester United winger.

Sir Alex Ferguson and United's owners, the Glazer family, are united in their stance that Ronaldo will not be allowed to quit Old Trafford but their resolve to keep him will now be further tested by the player's latest declaration.

Speaking from Portugal's training base in the Swiss city of Neuchatel, Ronaldo admitted, according to Terra, that a move to the Spanish capital appealed.

"I want to play for Real Madrid, but only if it is true they are eager to pay me and Manchester United what they have been saying they will," said Ronaldo.

Message received

"However, it does not depend on me. It is important to send a message.

"From now on I will not talk again about this until the end of the Euros. It is not worth asking me because I will not reply."

On Wednesday, Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon said he would not risk ruining his club's relationship with Manchester United by bidding for a player under contract.

However, now Ronaldo has signalled his intent for a future in Spain, it could be Madrid that make the next move.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3654140,00.html

:mad: f*ck him, i hope fergie lets him go

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
manutd fan said:
Cristiano Ronaldo has broken his silence over his future by reportedly declaring a desire to move to Real Madrid.

The transfer story of the summer gathers pace by the day but prior to speaking to Brazilian website Terra, little of note had been offered by the Manchester United winger.

Sir Alex Ferguson and United's owners, the Glazer family, are united in their stance that Ronaldo will not be allowed to quit Old Trafford but their resolve to keep him will now be further tested by the player's latest declaration.

Speaking from Portugal's training base in the Swiss city of Neuchatel, Ronaldo admitted, according to Terra, that a move to the Spanish capital appealed.

"I want to play for Real Madrid, but only if it is true they are eager to pay me and Manchester United what they have been saying they will," said Ronaldo.

Message received

"However, it does not depend on me. It is important to send a message.

"From now on I will not talk again about this until the end of the Euros. It is not worth asking me because I will not reply."

On Wednesday, Real Madrid president Ramon Calderon said he would not risk ruining his club's relationship with Manchester United by bidding for a player under contract.

However, now Ronaldo has signalled his intent for a future in Spain, it could be Madrid that make the next move.

http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3654140,00.html

Terra? What kind of a ******** source is that? They probably quoted Marca who claimed that Kaka was moving to real and it was a done deal last season :D

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
menon_inc said:
Terra? What kind of a ******** source is that? They probably quoted Marca who claimed that Kaka was moving to real and it was a done deal last season :D
lol i didn't actually read it, i just guessed he said it on sky sports :D maybe i'l change my mind then :D

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
manutd fan said:
Could we have him :) We have a little experiment to do with him and Kaka.....you can have him back in only four seasons...when he'll be an experienced 27 year old (i.e. still young) and missing a cruciate ligament or two :D

manutd fan

EPL Captain
Reaction score
Fav. Players
drucurl said:
Could we have him :) We have a little experiment to do with him and Kaka.....you can have him back in only four seasons...when he'll be an experienced 27 year old (i.e. still young) and missing a cruciate ligament or two :D
if you offer us 40M plus Gattusso then you can have him suppose ;)

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
if he would move for 4 mil + gattuso i'd jump it in a second. Real MAdrid are offering 80M+

Mr. Anonymous

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Milano84 said:
if he would move for 4 mil + gattuso i'd jump it in a second. Real MAdrid are offering 80M+

MANU should accept...if they throw in Robinho. ;)

I don't think his value will ever be higher than now. This is totally different than Kaka who stated he wanted to stay in Milan. :D

They could use that money and sign Quaresma & to replace Christiano and have money left over to have a big bond fire with. :tongue:

Diavolo_7

Il Diavolo Siciliano
Reaction score
To be honest, if Real Madrid truly is willing to pony up the money that is being reported, I'd sell him.

I'm not discounting Ronaldo's ability at all. He was the best player in the world this year but this is absurd money we're talking about here and there's no guarantee the same offers will be on the table in a year. Don't forget, they have Nani who is probably more advanced at age 21 than CR7 was at 21 (I am not saying Nani is better than Cristiano Ronaldo, nor am I saying Nani will have the same rate of development as CR7, so please don't twist my words). All I'm saying is Man U is in a rare situation where they can sell a a great player for a record fee and replace him with a player already on the roster without losing too much...

Then again I'm not a Manchester United fan so maybe I'd feel differently if I was...

Last edited: