Possible replacements IF Carlo left

Who should replace Carlo Ancelotti as Milan coach if he leaves?

• Total voters

SouthClaw

Master of Hadou
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Pato, T. Silva, Ambrosini, Inzaghi
No way back at AC Milan for Ancelotti
tribalfootball.com - February 3, 2006

Billy Costacurta has joined Paolo Maldini in being linked with Carlo Ancelotti's job at AC Milan.

Both Milan defenders are candidates to take over from Ancelotti in a caretaker role should the coach be shown the door before the end of the season.

Corriere dello Sport says this will Ancelotti's last season in charge of Milan - even if the Champions League is won. Ancelotti's relationship with Milan directors has deteriorated since last season's Champions League final in Istanbul and the coach has never won back their confidence.

A shortlist of names to succeed Ancelotti have already been drawn up, with Livorno coach Roberto Donadoni and Holland boss Marco van Basten joint favourites of Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani.

ARNOLD RIMMER

Second Technician
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, DeSciglio
msiddiqu said:

Billy Costacurta has joined Paolo Maldini in being linked with Carlo Ancelotti's job at AC Milan.

Both Milan defenders are candidates to take over from Ancelotti in a caretaker role should the coach be shown the door before the end of the season.

Corriere dello Sport says this will Ancelotti's last season in charge of Milan - even if the Champions League is won. Ancelotti's relationship with Milan directors has deteriorated since last season's Champions League final in Istanbul and the coach has never won back their confidence.

A shortlist of names to succeed Ancelotti have already been drawn up, with Livorno coach Roberto Donadoni and Holland boss Marco van Basten joint favourites of Milan vice-president Adriano Galliani.

MaGasTeR

Pride of Yorkshire
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, Kewell, Kaka, A. Smith, Nesta, Bowyer, Rino, Viduka, Sheva, Rob. Keane, Gila, Harte, Maldini
/ban tribalfootball :head:
F*cking lame rumours.

Pipa

Rotten Apple
Reaction score
Everything from tribalfootball is not true. :head:

Torcida

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Totti, Gattuso, Maldini, Ronaldo 9

Luis

You'll never drink alone!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pelé, Shevchenko, Zamorano, Salas & Alexis Sánchez
Torcida said:

yes, BUT Milan rumours.... they are always right about milan, i donno how But its my opinion, maybe i'm wrong, anyway... i prefer Maldini & Costacurta rather than Carletto Ancelotti

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Totti, Maldini, Canna, Olic, Barbarez, Šuker, Gatu, Buffon, Pirlo, Zambro & Nesta
Milan look to Van Basten !

Milan look to Van Basten
(Saturday 4 February, 2006)
* channel4.com *

Despite patron Silvio Berlusconi’s reassurances, it’s reported Milan legend Marco Van Basten has been chosen to replace Carlo Ancelotti next season.
Ancelotti is under considerable pressure after falling 12 points behind leaders Juventus in the Scudetto race and their shock elimination from the Coppa Italia at the hands of Palermo.
As he ended last season empty-handed, failure to lift the Champions League trophy in May would almost certainly see the Coach sacked.

“Ancelotti is this club’s present, but he is also its future,” assured patron Berlusconi in a television interview. “You saw my rapport with Arrigo Sacchi in the 1990s – that is the same relationship I have with Carlo.”

However, Berlusconi has never been shy about publicly criticising his Coach’s tactics and often dictating changes to him.
The ‘Corriere dello Sport’ reports today that Milan have already chosen another member of Sacchi’s all-conquering squad to lead the way from next season.
Van Basten was a key member of that line-up, which also boasted current Coaches Ancelotti, Frank Rijkaard and Roberto Donadoni.

‘The Swan’ has gone on to lead Holland to the World Cup finals and his contract runs until June 30 2008, but it’s claimed he has a clause releasing him after the tournament in Germany.

The ‘Corriere dello Sport’ claims Van Basten’s arrival would spark a revolution in the ageing side, including Andriy Shevchenko’s switch to Chelsea.
The Stamford Bridge outfit has been putting in multi-million pound bids for the former European Player of the Year for the last couple of campaigns and Milan could finally give in to raise funds for a new defence and midfield reinforcements.

Pipa

Rotten Apple
Reaction score
Shevchenko to Chelsea.....?? I don't think so........

Torcida

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Totti, Gattuso, Maldini, Ronaldo 9
shevchenko to chelsea,
this is the end

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
YUGOSLAV said:
Milan look to Van Basten
* channel4.com *

Despite patron Silvio Berlusconi’s reassurances, it’s reported Milan legend Marco Van Basten has been chosen to replace Carlo Ancelotti next season.
Ancelotti is under considerable pressure after falling 12 points behind leaders Juventus in the Scudetto race and their shock elimination from the Coppa Italia at the hands of Palermo.
As he ended last season empty-handed, failure to lift the Champions League trophy in May would almost certainly see the Coach sacked.

“Ancelotti is this club’s present, but he is also its future,” assured patron Berlusconi in a television interview. “You saw my rapport with Arrigo Sacchi in the 1990s – that is the same relationship I have with Carlo.”

However, Berlusconi has never been shy about publicly criticising his Coach’s tactics and often dictating changes to him.
The ‘Corriere dello Sport’ reports today that Milan have already chosen another member of Sacchi’s all-conquering squad to lead the way from next season.
Van Basten was a key member of that line-up, which also boasted current Coaches Ancelotti, Frank Rijkaard and Roberto Donadoni.

‘The Swan’ has gone on to lead Holland to the World Cup finals and his contract runs until June 30 2008, but it’s claimed he has a clause releasing him after the tournament in Germany.

The ‘Corriere dello Sport’ claims Van Basten’s arrival would spark a revolution in the ageing side, including Andriy Shevchenko’s switch to Chelsea.
The Stamford Bridge outfit has been putting in multi-million pound bids for the former European Player of the Year for the last couple of campaigns and Milan could finally give in to raise funds for a new defence and midfield reinforcements.
Okay, I was grinning until I read the last paragraph.

Note: I've merged two threads, both were about who could replace Carlo should he leave and changed the thread title to "Possible replacement IF Carlo left". I've also stuck it so any similar news goes in here :)

Last edited:

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Totti, Maldini, Canna, Olic, Barbarez, Šuker, Gatu, Buffon, Pirlo, Zambro & Nesta
I think it's only a pure rumour sayin' we'd give Sheva to get some good defenders. NOPE, we can and I HOPE we will do it the other/beter way.

Sheva + Milan = 4ever

Last edited:

persik

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
msiddiqu said:

Aha aha - and after Maldini with Costacurta failed - Brocci who will be then 40 will surely replace them, maybe even with asistance of Ibrahim Ba
:)

Vernetti

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Michael Laudrup, Sheva, Ronaldinho, Grønkjær, Vicente, Robben
How about Sven Göran Erikson?

...and yes that was a joke.

Anyway, I think it could be interesting to have Hiddink for a couple of seasons. He always seem to get a whole out of nothing, wonder what he could do with a team like Milan.

Pipa

Rotten Apple
Reaction score
Vernetti said:
How about Sven Göran Erikson?

...and yes that was a joke.

Anyway, I think it could be interesting to have Hiddink for a couple of seasons. He always seem to get a whole out of nothing, wonder what he could do with a team like Milan.

But Hiddink is being linked with the England job too....

YUGOSLAV

Josip Broz TITO
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I could never accept him at A.C.M after that S.Korea - Azzurri match in WC 2002 : (

Sidd

सिद्धर्&
Reaction score
YUGOSLAV said:
Milan look to Van Basten
* channel4.com *
crap :tongue:
wateva happens, even if we dont have a single lira left, we would never let go of sheva

Sidd

सिद्धर्&
Reaction score
YUGOSLAV said:
I could never accept him at A.C.M after that S.Korea - Azzurri match in WC 2002 : (
ooh yea ..another nightmare match

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaladze, Materazzi, Abbiati, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Kaka, Inzaghi, Gilardino
I think Maldini+Costarcurta instead of Ancelotti is possible. I had read some news in Chinese website, they said if Milan lost Lazio, Ancelotti 80% will leave and Maldini+Costarcurta instead of him.

But I think Basten and Rijakaard will not come. Basten said he wants to lead Hollands create a good job and Rijakaard maybe will continue in Barcerona. So they can not come here.

But for me, the most perfect thing is that Milan invite Juventus' coach have supper, but something wrong on the food, so after the supper, Juventus' coach was ill and he had to stay in hospital. So Milan give Ancelotti to Juventus ( Like loan Abbiati to Juventus because Kaka hurt Buffon ), and Milan will pay for the money to Ancelotti, so Juventus can get a new coach free .( although Juventus had been under Ancelotti ) .

Ancelotti goes to Juventus, Maldini+Costarcurta instead of him !!!! I think this is the most perfect !!

Ozzy Croatia

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Henry, ballack, totti, puyol, gilardino, nesta
I want to see Guus Hiddink as MILAN coach :tongue: :tongue:

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaladze, Materazzi, Abbiati, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Kaka, Inzaghi, Gilardino
Ozzy Croatia said:
I want to see Guus Hiddink as MILAN coach :tongue: :tongue:
Who is Guus Hiddink ???? Which team is under him reight now ???:conf:

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
msiddiqu said:

What?? Who makes this stuff up?

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
BMWTaylor said:
What?? Who makes this stuff up?
I think this news is true, because i had read the same thing in Chinese website.

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yuchen Li said:
Who is Guus Hiddink ???? Which team is under him reight now ???:conf:
He's currently coaching PSV and Australian national team.

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
milanist said:
He's currently coaching PSV and Australian national team.
Thanks , i know him. In 2002 World Cup, Korea is under him, right ????

ics_rk

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Sheva, Maldini, Baresi, Nesta, van der Vaart, Torres, Reyes, Pirlo, Gattuso, Pato
Channel4 mentioned that the next coach will be Van Basten..

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
ics_rk said:
Channel4 mentioned that the next coach will be Van Basten..
But Basten had said he didn't want to become a coach in Milan. He want to lead Holland to create wonderful and then maybe he will come to Milan :D

Naraku

Milan Icon
Reaction score
It should be Donadoni,Novellino(does well with what he has with Sampdoria) foregin coach should be Hitzfeld......maybe Del Bosque.

GrandeDiavolo

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi Weah Massaro Van Basten Desailly Savicevic Maldini Gattuso
I think rjikaard would be able to lead milan to victory. Not only has he experience soccer in the serie a he also has the coaching experience. he would be a high canidate in my book.

Reaction score
I think milan's next coach is van basten.Those of you talking of experience,what much experience was sacchi having before taking milan to such height.I believe what van basten could not achieve as a footballer due to injuries+ some more successes,he is going to achieve with milan.