Riccardo Montolivo Thread

How do you like Montolivo?

• Total voters

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
Gattuso:

“Montolivo? He’s training apart only when I make up the opposition side, it’s the only time I don’t use him. I have nothing against Montolivo, I make technical choices. I have nothing against him at a technical-tactical level, he’s part of the team; it’s not a choice based on likes and dislikes, the choice the based on these concepts.

:D

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Unless we secure Paredes or another regista January, I don't see any point in selling him to be honest.

We are 1 Biglia injury away from having to field Bakayoko as starting regista, you rather have that? :monto:

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
I think in terms of ability Montolivo is not that bad and probably an Abate-level sub, but there may be difficulties with attitude and values. This is probably why Rino has not featured him, played him for Primavera, and even Seedorf was rumoured to have problems with him.

Hopefully Biglia will be ok and we get Paredes or someone to cover in January, otherwise Rino needs to think about a 4231 or something because neither Mauri, Bertolacci or Bakayoko can replace Biglia to a decent level.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
in case of Biglia injury, i'd give Mauri a chance or even try one of our center backs there before bringing this guy in the mix...a bit as we did Thiago Silva for a while. i guess Musacchio is the one most comfortable with the ball at his feet.

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I like the idea of Musacchio in front of Caldara and Romagnoli. He will have to play it as a traditional CDM but in an emergency would probably be better than the rest. I think someone also mentioned RR.May be worth trying one of them in an inconsequential EL match (last one or two games once already qualified).

mato

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Unless we secure Paredes or another regista January, I don't see any point in selling him to be honest.

We are 1 Biglia injury away from having to field Bakayoko as starting regista, you rather have that? :monto:

In a blink of an eye.

Curupira

Milan Legend
Reaction score
:fp:

Wanting Mauri :lol: , Musacchio :lol:, and Bakayoko :lol: to play regista

:fp:

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
i'd even add. getting shot in the leg, having a root canal without anesthesia. before seing this guy on a called up list.
and i hoooope they don't announce a Biglia injury after that challenge on naingolan

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
I've wanted him gone for a while, but I can't get not using him if you are going to sub Mauri out.

sheva007

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sheva, maldini, kaka, fabregas, crespo, tevez, messi, gattuso, nesta, kaladze, robben, van persie
I love gattuso but he needs to go. Comical that monty didnt play. One of the worst performances ive seen. Hakan should have been subbed off.

Half u clowns are hating on monty but fuk u all. Been one of better mids for years and a scapegoat.

Paguma Larvata

Milan Icon
Reaction score
I love gattuso but he needs to go. Comical that monty didnt play. One of the worst performances ive seen. Hakan should have been subbed off.

Half u clowns are hating on monty but fuk u all. Been one of better mids for years and a scapegoat.

Agree! the hate the poor guy gets here is unbelievable. Sure, he is not at the level of other world class mids, but the dis-respect he is getting from our clown coach and management is mind-boggling. Dude started for the Italian NT and was a Milan captain ffs ! :fp::fp::fp:

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
Wouldn't have made the slightest of difference if he played anyway so who cares.

Birsaforever

I hate Pink Floyd
Reaction score

I partly agree, but he should have left in summer.

For both technical and economical reasons, Milan needs younger players to start a new cycle.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
It's spineless to sympathize with Montolivo now.

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
Come on! Those cards on Zapata and Suso were bullshit!!!

Abisso1-560x416.jpg

Alo88

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Come on! Those cards on Zapata and Suso were bullshit!!!

Abisso1-560x416.jpg
I'm always trying to put off my Milan glasses when judging fouls and cards given against us because as a fan I obviously disagree with every call against us

That said in recent weeks I felt like there were a lot of cards and suspensions given against us I found very harsh or exaggerated. Especially that direct red to Higuain for complaining (Ronaldo himself said Pipita didn't insult anyone on the pitch).

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
This guy is like a virus

Can't wait till June when he's off our books

ROSSONERI7

Myself
Reaction score
If he goes to any mid table series A team at the end of the season, he’ll be a bench player there by October.
Monza could be his best choice, Galliani will probably make him co-CEO / player

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
:g: already rejected him for Monza

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
#FreePoliticalPrisoners
#MyMontoleader

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Rare footage of Montolivo in Milan dressing room

5cb4437c6afbee438e459562-750-375.jpg

Schedule