Filippo Inzaghi Thread

Penny2

Primavera
Reaction score
chuel said:
when is his contract going to finish? i hope soon! his 34 and not affective anymore.

I think I'll go away again and come back later when somebody who, unlike this gentleman, has some coherent knowledge of AC Milan's history beyond last Thursday decides to post on the matter.

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
Penny2 said:
I think I'll go away again and come back later when somebody who, unlike this gentleman, has some coherent knowledge of AC Milan's history beyond last Thursday decides to post on the matter.

Lets hope you stay away, as there is no need for us to extend contracts based on goals scored in 2002.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
^^ True, probably he shouldn't have his contract extended. But there are more polite ways to put your point across rather than insult a player who's done enough to earn the respect of all Milan fans + some more, especially in a Milan forum ...

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
He won't have his contract extended. He's no motherfucking Costacurta or Maldini living off their 80s fame, he's got morals.

Seriously. He should consider retirement at the end of the season but I won't hold it against him if he decides to sit out his contract. Equal rights + shit, you know ;)

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
^^^^doesnt he already have a contract till 2009 or something? He might leave us before that looking for more playing time, and i wouldnt be against it happening, as long as we get a decent replacement for him, not someone like WHOREiello.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
^^ Yea, his contract expires 2009. The more I think about it, the more I want him to keep raking in the money like they all do :devil:

WHORE-iello.. ? I like that :D

BTW, it was the WHORE he got his STD from who was the reason why Adriano + that basketball player started fighting that night .. Adriano doing the honorable thing + 'defending' the ladies... LMAO...

teis

Alice in Chains
Reaction score
Quinni 17 said:
how are gila and pippo supposed to playtogether when they never get chance next game start them both with a bit of training they can become compatible. gila and pippo may be similar but they are both world class players.
They did play together at the beginning of the season, but if you don't see they totally can't play together then you know nothing of football.

Quinni 17

Gold Tie Hero
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baresi, Rino, Pippo, Sheva, Pato.
teis said:
They did play together at the beginning of the season, but if you don't see they totally can't play together then you know nothing of football.

Over time players improve and can become to work well together. with time anyone can be compatiable. and if you know anything about football you must agree.

FaraJ

;}
Reaction score
Inzaghi’s pact with the Diavoli

Filippo Inzaghi has dismissed reports suggesting he might be close to leaving Milan. “I hope to end my career here.”

The striker has struggled for form so far despite his bright start to the campaign and has recently been paired with a summer move.

Roma have been heavily linked with a bid for the veteran hitman, but Superpippo was eager to deny he is interested in a change of club.

“I have never had any negative thoughts, I think that the relationship with Milan is destined to last because there is something special between us,” Inzaghi told Italia 7 Gold.

“The goals and the victories are unique and are something that cannot be erased,” added the former Juventino.

“I still feel the trust of the entire environment, the club, the Coach and all the supporters. I really hope I can continue playing here until the end of my career,” concluded the 33-year-old.

Inzaghi was reportedly unhappy with Ronaldo’s arrival in January, as he considered the ex-Inter ace as a competitor for a spot in the first team.

However, the World Cup winner then declared that he was glad to welcome such an important player, even if that meant that he wouldn’t be able to play every match.

Channel4

teis

Alice in Chains
Reaction score
Quinni 17 said:
Over time players improve and can become to work well together. with time anyone can be compatiable. and if you know anything about football you must agree.
Not these two. They just don't go together, I really can't imagine anyone saying the opposite.

teis

Alice in Chains
Reaction score
FaraJ said:
Inzaghi’s pact with the Diavoli

Filippo Inzaghi has dismissed reports suggesting he might be close to leaving Milan. “I hope to end my career here.”

The striker has struggled for form so far despite his bright start to the campaign and has recently been paired with a summer move.

Roma have been heavily linked with a bid for the veteran hitman, but Superpippo was eager to deny he is interested in a change of club.

“I have never had any negative thoughts, I think that the relationship with Milan is destined to last because there is something special between us,” Inzaghi told Italia 7 Gold.

“The goals and the victories are unique and are something that cannot be erased,” added the former Juventino.

“I still feel the trust of the entire environment, the club, the Coach and all the supporters. I really hope I can continue playing here until the end of my career,” concluded the 33-year-old.

Inzaghi was reportedly unhappy with Ronaldo’s arrival in January, as he considered the ex-Inter ace as a competitor for a spot in the first team.

However, the World Cup winner then declared that he was glad to welcome such an important player, even if that meant that he wouldn’t be able to play every match.

Channel4
Going to Roma would be great for everyone I think. I don't think he will ever get back to be important for us. Although a players like him deserves that. It would be a good farewell and with dignity for everyone.

Italian Tsar

Face
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Keane, Laudrup, Cannavaro, Gattuso, Ronaldo, ABD , Virender Sehwag
I don't think he can cut it week in, week out at the highest level anymore. But he deserves a decent farewell for what he's done here. Not surprisingly, he's no too keen, as at 33, you don't get to keep your superstar salary if you move on.

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
teis said:
Going to Roma would be great for everyone I think. I don't think he will ever get back to be important for us. Although a players like him deserves that. It would be a good farewell and with dignity for everyone.
Roma have a salary cap. Pippo would be stupid to make B a nice farewell gift + provide him with the €€€ to extend another geezer's contract :o He's only 33, that's young compared to Costacurta, Maldini, Serginho, Cafu... Either we rejuvenate consequently + without making exceptions, or we afford Pippo the same generosity as the rest :o

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
crazymilangirl said:
ok caoz just wanted to tell you that everyone around here are crazy for you and they're really waiting for your next post! people are even betting and trying to win some money...you know the bet?

"will gila#11's next post be relevant or not?" 80% said NO ;)
I thought you'd finally stopped this?Apparently not. LOL at the 'bet'
I'm that important to these people huh?

teis

Alice in Chains
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
Roma have a salary cap. Pippo would be stupid to make B a nice farewell gift + provide him with the €€€ to extend another geezer's contract :o He's only 33, that's young compared to Costacurta, Maldini, Serginho, Cafu... Either we rejuvenate consequently + without making exceptions, or we afford Pippo the same generosity as the rest :o
Comparing Inzaghi to Costacurta or Maldini is not a good idea

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Comparing ANYONE to Maldini isn't a good idea ;)

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
R u all mad 2 think that Roma will have a place 4 Pippo ?
And 2 keep Pippo next season is really stupid.
We all want a new + better striker & Pippo is the first 1 that should leave + make way considering ,everything -- > age , performence , stats.....

Dont wanan go into argument but its known that I dont think high of what he has done or his skills -- > not all that.
He should b no more in Milan next season.

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
About the Gila Pippo argument its really like deciding who is worse & not who is better coz they r both having a disaster season with Gila edging Pippo.

Pippo hadn’t done enough 2 b considered a good deal but he has done enough 2 deserve respect more than Gila.

@ the end , I think we should get rid of Pippo ASAP.
About Gila , I think we should sell if we had a decent offer even if we loose few millions or else give him 1 more season then sell him if he failed.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
Wild said:
Pippo hadn’t done enough 2 b considered a good deal.

Pippo, is a good deal. He gave us the fourth place back in 01-02 (along with Pirlo, just to hurt Wild more ;) ), which was the reason we could play CL. The preliminaries we passed them thanks to his 2 goals, the first group stage that many counted us out we passed it thanks to his goals, the second group stage we started on a roll thanks to him (and now other factors), we passed vs Ajax thanks to him.
At least you acknowledge respect to him. :rolleyes:

A Wild Homosexual

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
crazy4milan said:
Pippo, is a good deal. He gave us the fourth place back in 01-02 (along with Pirlo, just to hurt Wild more ;) ), which was the reason we could play CL. The preliminaries we passed them thanks to his 2 goals, the first group stage that many counted us out we passed it thanks to his goals, the second group stage we started on a roll thanks to him (and now other factors), we passed vs Ajax thanks to him.
At least you acknowledge respect to him. :rolleyes:
Considering the fact that we paid dearly 4 him that don’t just cut it 4 me.
But am happy 4 u coz u r easily pleased. ;)

And I always respected his passion + dedication 4 the team.
I sure respect him more than the like or Pirlo + Seedorf.

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Don't forget that we wouldn't have advanced past Lyon last year were it not for Pippo either.

Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Hero

Pippo played through the pain Wednesday 11 April, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Pippo Inzaghi was not sure whether he would even be able to play in Munich, but scored a crucial goal – his sixth against the German side.

“I was undecided on whether to start and Ancelotti had asked me to tell him what condition I was in. But considering the faith I feel in me at Milan and my previous record against Bayern, I found the strength to push through the pain,” said the injury-hit striker after the 2-0 victory.

“The Coach told me that in training last week he could see I wasn’t in great shape, but I assured him I would be honest and sit back if I was not up to it. I felt the faith of the fans and took the gamble that thankfully paid off.”

SuperPippo has only made 20 starts in all competition this season, scoring a total of nine goals in 33 appearances.

“The whole environment at Milan is very special and I received a phone call from the President this morning to encourage me and ask for a goal. I wasn’t on top form, but the Coach kept me back for this match.”

The goal was perhaps slightly offside, but a wonderful finish following Clarence Seedorf’s backheel flick.

“I had agreed with Seedorf to play the ball quickly and so that was a tactic we had prepared. Thankfully I was able to lift my shot over Oliver Kahn!”

With Ronaldo cup-tied and Alberto Gilardino suspended, the role of lone striker fell to Inzaghi, although Carlo Ancelotti has shown he prefers this to the classic 4-3-1-2.

“We have some very good players who come in support at Milan and so we have two very effective systems that we can use at different times.”

If Inzaghi can improve his fitness levels, then he is a contender to face Manchester United in the Champions League semi-final and he is not concerned at the 7-1 result over Roma.

“Clearly having played many games in the Champions League teaches you how to approach these ties. Roma are not a bad side, nor do I think they underestimated Manchester United, but they are a little inexperienced in this competition.”

The same cannot be said of the Rossoneri, who are in their third consecutive semi-final and have reached the Final twice in 2003 and 2005.

“Milan have repeatedly and consistently entered the final four in the Champions League, so there is something to be said for experience and our quality in this tournament.”

Curiously, all four tacticians in the semi-finals this season have won the European Cup, as Ancelotti lifted it in 2003, Sir Alex Ferguson in 1999, Jose Mourinho for Porto in 2004 and Rafa Benitez with Liverpool in 2005.

“I am very confident and can see the team grow with each passing match towards the crucial month of the campaign. It will be tough against Manchester United, but we will certainly go into it with belief,” added Inzaghi.

“The Cristiano Ronaldo we saw against Roma was phenomenal, but Kaka is our secret weapon. In truth, the whole Milan squad wins games and works together, so focusing on individuals is unfair.”

Serginho made his comeback this week after six months out and a potentially career-ending groin injury.

“Serginho is a wonderful crosser of the ball and for a striker it is important to know the timing of the assists, so he is an important buy for us in these final weeks.”

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
With Van Der Sar's new genius way of saving shots struck right at him by punching them down into the ground to the nearest opponent. I'd advise Kaka + Seedorf to shoot. And let Pippo get a hattrick of tap ins. ;)

Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
^ Nah that won't work. Van Der Tard only does that with shots that are on target. Rio is still our best chance of scoring.

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
babypipposs0.jpg

:star:

Rosi

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi; Baresi; Van basten; Maldini; Buffon
He just can't stand still ... both on pitch and on the bench! He HAS to move in some way :-)

Marcus

Costacurta Groupie
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Pazzini, MENEZ
kevin_dk said:
Wind blows and he falls :D . The King of Diving :o .

He's the king of scoring, he doesn't even have to shoot... The ball just ricochets off him and goes for the goal. The ideal target man but by target i mean literally. Hit him, it bounces towards the net.

Schedule