Chivu/Contra

mad4milan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
from SA:

03/14/2003. According to a report in the Gazzetta dello Sport, Milan are closer than ever to signing Ajax defender Christian Chivu.

The Rossoneri are keen to strengthen their defence, and such a versatile player who be ideal. His price is 18 million euros, although Milan may be able to get him for 12.

He currently earns 800,000 euros a season, but the Italian giants would increase this.

The report also suggests that they are keen on re-signing fellow-countryman Cosmin Contra from Atletico Madrid as they need someone for the right side.

Red&BlackDevils

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Costacurta is old.... he will be retired soon. maldini is 35. and in 2 years he will stop football. Chivu can play in centre and on left side.
we have right now
- Simic
- Helveg
- Maldini
- Costacurta
- Nesta
- Laursen
- Roque Junior
we need right back. coz helveg is old, and simic isnt good.

Shakira

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Actually we also have Chamot but I don't think we'll sign him for another season....
And I think (hope :D :D ) Roque will be sell!
Chivu is what we need!

jonddu^

Primavera
Reaction score
Ít would be great to see Chivu in Milan shirt. And about Contra, he's good also in attacking, not only in defending. Milan is lacking quality on the wings, so Contra could be able to make the difference and support strikers from the right wing.

liberogrande

Licensed Hattrick Coach
Reaction score
China where catastrophes strike all the time
Fav. Players
Filippo INZAGHI/大因札吉/F.インザ-ギ
i bet when contra comes back there would be no such problems as 'can sheva and pippo play together'.

can't believe why they sold him.really fancy to see him back here.

and 'bout chivu...no comment.

zorro

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Hy everybody, I'm new here and from Croatia - so you probably know why I'm Zorro. I like Simic very much but me and my friends all think that he is great in defence but mildy disaster in offence. He just isn't player like Cafu, no matter how Carlo wants him to be. Cosmin was great in MILAN, and WILL BE great in MILAN again.As for Chivu - watched him against Henry = great player, indeed... Could play as with CAPTAIN and NESTA!!!

rony31

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
mad4milan said:
The report also suggests that they are keen on re-signing fellow-countryman Cosmin Contra from Atletico Madrid as they need someone for the right side.

:D :D :devil2: :devil2: :dance: :naughty:

efford

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
this is the FAR best topic in a looong time!!!

oh my god! it would be soooo great getting back Contra, AND signing CHIVU!!!!

you've just gotta love these Romanian defenders !!! :D

Untitled

Primavera
Reaction score
i was saddened when we lost contra, and i want him back. chivu is a centre back now, and doesn't have the wing-back qualities we are after.

so:

Kaladze--Maldini/Chivu--Nesta--Contra :eek:

ferruginouz

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
apis7ac7sheva7 said:
how about mexes from auxerre?

:head: don't ring a bell...

Btw i do hope that the news about contra and chivu is right and come true next seasons...

juninho-paulista

rubro-negro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Timmy Cahill and Mr. Leite
another case of media speculation. I dont think Chivu will come to this club, i may be wrong, but i dont think Galliani wants Maldini displaced to LB and Kakha on the bench as they are both playing well currently. Contra, although i think he would really strengthen our backline and give us depth on the right wing, i dont see it happening. The "established top flight player" that will be joining us could be a defender, but it will more likely be a mid. Psychological Intuition if you like :cool:

Schedule