Should Galliani stay or go?

• Total voters

Dann

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Pato, Nesta, T.Silva, Sheva, Pirlo, Totti, Rino
Mr. Anonymous said:
Agreed, they wasted last year's and this winters transfer market and now they are further back than they should be. They managed things horribly.

if we signed a couple of good young defenders a year or two ago they would be ready now if we signed young promising pirlo and rino replacements they would be ready now, if we signed another young striker he would be ready now.

now in the summer we will have to sign 7-8 players all at once to have any chance of challenging for the league, then they need time to gel get to know the other players and ancelotti system it could take 2 years before we have a starting 11 that can challenge inter for the title. :mad: :cry:

Mr. Anonymous

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Retaining Champions League Almost Impossible – Galliani

Milan Vice President Adriano Galliani has tried to lift some of the gloom from the club’s defeat to Arsenal last night by saying that it is almost impossible to win two consecutive Champions Leagues.

The Rossoneri were knocked out of the last 16 stage as they were outplayed by Arsenal on the way to a 2-0 defeat at San Siro. “I didn't sleep last night,” explained Galliani.

“But this morning I wanted to thank everyone for six wonderful years in the Champions League.”

Milan have had a stunning recent record in the competition, as in the five years before this season, they had reached three finals (winning two), a semi-final and a quarter-final.

They now face a struggle to ensure they are in the tournament next season as they currently sit in fifth place in Serie A, four points behind Fiorentina in the last qualification position.

“By Sunday we have to have a positive attitude,” Galliani stressed.

“We will play to the death and hope to find ourselves listening to the same old Champions League music. This is our objective.”

Galliani concluded by explaining how it is almost impossible to win the European cup twice in succession.

Milan were the last team to do this when they won in 1989 and 1990, while the squad to do it before that was Nottingham Forest in 1979 and 1980.

“To win two consecutive European Cups is almost impossible,” he concluded.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=610759

Dann

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Mr. Anonymous said:
Retaining Champions League Almost Impossible – Galliani

Milan Vice President Adriano Galliani has tried to lift some of the gloom from the club’s defeat to Arsenal last night by saying that it is almost impossible to win two consecutive Champions Leagues.

The Rossoneri were knocked out of the last 16 stage as they were outplayed by Arsenal on the way to a 2-0 defeat at San Siro. “I didn't sleep last night,” explained Galliani.

“But this morning I wanted to thank everyone for six wonderful years in the Champions League.”

Milan have had a stunning recent record in the competition, as in the five years before this season, they had reached three finals (winning two), a semi-final and a quarter-final.

They now face a struggle to ensure they are in the tournament next season as they currently sit in fifth place in Serie A, four points behind Fiorentina in the last qualification position.

“By Sunday we have to have a positive attitude,” Galliani stressed.

“We will play to the death and hope to find ourselves listening to the same old Champions League music. This is our objective.”

Galliani concluded by explaining how it is almost impossible to win the European cup twice in succession.

Milan were the last team to do this when they won in 1989 and 1990, while the squad to do it before that was Nottingham Forest in 1979 and 1980.

“To win two consecutive European Cups is almost impossible,” he concluded.

http://www.goal.com/en/Articolo.aspx?ContenutoId=610759

if its almost impossible why did he prioritize it over serie a now we are struggling really bad to qualify for the cl next season.

M

MassterMark

"If he still wants it he can, for he is very young at 31, and we have (Paolo) Maldini who will be 40 who is an example for us.
"So I think and I hope that he wants to return, and if he does Milan would be very glad to have him again." (B about Ronaldo)

.......Galliani insists that he has full faith in Ancelotti. “Carlo Ancelotti will stay however in every case on Milan’s bench. I said after Istanbul against Liverpool and nobody believed me then but he will still be here,” Galliani told Sky Sport Italia.

B&G in goal.com.

are there everyone crazy???

we believe in gila, we believe in carlo!:head::head::head:

MaldiniISgod

designated hippy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaka, Nesta
*Milan*4ever* said:
you should know that he is not the president of milan,berlusconi is..
and even if he was president,berlusconi would still have the final word in transfers and everything else that is connected to milan..

i`m sure that both of them (or at least galliani) understand that we need to reinforce our squad in the summer,but i`m also sure that neither of them is gonna come out and say "we are shit,our players are shit and we need changes",and i`m glad they won`t do it..
it would just disturb our players,and we would have even less chance to qualify for next year`s cl..

i just hope berlusconi wins the elections and lets galliani have control over the club (transfers)..

but even if B is still a president in the summer,we will reinforce our squad with some good players,i`m sure..

I'm sorry I meant CEO, forget there are actual presidents, and Berlusconi being Milan's..

I totally agree that they shouldn't put down the club and the players, but it makes no sense to make things up and make the club look foolish. That's what Galliani's statements do on a regular basis.

Maybe it's just my standards of regarding men by their ability to talk straight and not bull shit all the time.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Gazzetta dello Sport
Grazie Roma [Thank you Roma]
What an achievement in Madrid. Taddei and Vucinic floor Real
Mourinho: ‘I dream of Italy’
‘I’ll be back next season with you or in Spain. Then I’ll be Portugal boss’
Berlusconi calls Sheva and Borriello

Corriere dello Sport
Roma in legend
Giallorossi in quarter-finals: Real Madrid beaten at the Bernabeu
Ahead through Taddei, offside Raul levelled, ecstasy with Vucinic
Berlusconi: Sheva will return
Moratti: I want my present from Inter to be Liverpool’s elimination

Juve: Zapata
They like Arsenal model – youngsters hunted to open a new cycle
Roma triumph, Real out
Berlusconi: ‘Sheva’
Galliani: Adebayor
Moratti to Mancini: ‘Change character’

Fkn' hell!

Dann

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MILAN, Berlusconi: "Come back Sheva and Borriello"
06.03.2008 10.05 transfermarketweb.com
To who asked what would have done, and what was the way for start again Milan's chairman Berlusconi answer so: "Drogba and Adebayor are two big striker, but I think to the Ukrainian. I call him often and I think that Abramovich will let him to us. The we will engage also Borriello, we will wait Ronaldo and we will restart in bench with Ancelotti. For the midfield I aim in Gourcuff".

so we will get sheva from chelsea, get borriello back and wait for ronaldo's injury to heal, no new midfielders because he trust gourcuff.

this is shit sheva is nowhere near he used to be even coming back to us he aint just gonna be the sheva from 05/06 hes much slower no, his first-touch always lets him down and his long shots just go row z, borriello will be the same as gila good in a lower team then at us will just fail, ronaldo will never be the same after the injury. berlusconi is a joke why cant he see that we need world-class players.

Madridista

not exactly a lightweight
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Doku, Osimhen, Rafael Leao, Tonali, Rodrygo, Valverde, De Paul, Lautaro Martinez, Pogba, Fekir
Sometimes I think Berlusconi's mind is possessed by an alien... A very stupid one, for that matter.

PRIYO

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Sheva, Sergio Claudio, Ibra.
If i have the power in this club, i'd sell him. He's a cheapskate nowadays.

inomilan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
wth hell happened to him?! he used to care so much about dis club, dat even if we were winning, he always sought for new world-class players! now he's a greedy person who excels in mediocrity! i hope he opens his mind once more!

Mr. Anonymous

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Wake up this morning feeling good, just about over the loss and ready for Sunday, when I look on-line to see Berlu wants Sheva back.

WTF!!! :mad:

It's as if Milan has turned into Berlu's toy in his old age, to do what he wants with, and it's not that simple.

I think in Berlu's mind it's still 2003/04. :rolleyes:

grounder

Incomplete & out of time
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Like you care?
The things I have read today about Berlusconi's words are appalling. Not only does he want the turncoat back, but he also wants Inter to win the Champions League. That is sick to the bone.

It's becoming more and more clear that Berlusconi(and Galliani maybe) have no idea of what to do, and are actually driving the van of Milan into the Pacific Ocean, either by purpose or unintentionally. The latter should be the obvious reason, but I'm not ruling out anything at the moment, this situation is so bizarre.

I think it's really time to start praying to someone up high or down low that those assh*les have a plan, or that by some freak accident they lose all brain functions(like they haven't already) and Milan's ship starts turning around. Because at this moment it's heading straight for the Bermuda Triangle.

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
Personally I think the Inter support is insulting to us all. Maybe it's a sign of the times....Milan is Berlu's ca$h cow ...well at least one of them anyway....as such he has no real passion for the game, the club and the fans per se....As long as we are financially viable.....keep getting dumbasses like you and me to buy Milan merchandise and tickets he doesn't give a rat's ass :( ....On the other hand:

Berlu has the typical mafia boss way about him. I doubt he'd enjoy being one-upped by Prodi and Moratti in the same year. He is smart enough not to show all of his cards, and could catch many off guard this season. I mean does he really want Inter to have the same number of Scudettos that we do :conf:
Stay tuned ;)

peters

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
He said he wants inter to win CL?

Oh man, either is he sick to death or its drucurl's second option. Prolly a bit of both, too much of fresh air lately.

I will refuse to believe we wont strenghten the squad with new players. And im not talking about super expensive drogba, etoo, dinho, benzema, etc... but some new names to freshen our side. After all, if carlo is indeed genious and milan has kaka (who just signed contract and that should be based on some promise to him, i believe), pato, nesta, kaladze, pirlo we really dont need superstars. But we need hunger, and we need carlo to play with it.

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Well I think he was sarcastic about the whole interview (hopefully :rolleyes: ). He said that his mother worked as a secretary for Moratti and that he and Moratti are friends :eek: I'm having trouble believing either. I want to believe that he is filled with the rossoneri rage to smile and bear it but underneath he is planning to unleash hell :D

peters

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Like my friend said - this is classy :D

It shows we are better than Inter/Morrati/Mancini, who said they will cheer for liverpool in the finals last year. And that's one thing why inter is hated so much these days... they just dont know how to act, and it gets worse when they win finally win something :D

They are going out in one week time...

vashil

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona,Nesta,Sheva,Pirlo, Gattuso,Crespo,Riquelme, Sneijder,Sergio Ramos,Beck,aguero
Mr. Anonymous said:
I think in Berlu's mind it's still 2003/04. :rolleyes:

he wants to stay young thats why... :) :D :D :D :D :D :D :D

Dann

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
maybe berlu's been in a coma for 4 years has just woken up and still thinks its 2004, thats why we got emo he thought he was still 28 and think zambro( who is still good for 1-2 years) is 27, its just making sense now berlu is living in 2004.

malcher

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Bierhoff, Klinsmann, Boruc
Well, I think this explains why Berlu dosen't spend on Milan.
this

Translated interesting part:
"Need an effort to revive the team. Instead Marina ...». Marina, which he inherited from his father the skills of command, not impietosisce: "Sorry, but if you say that we must always take care budgets, then you can not ask for an exception Milan. It seems that "exception" is around one hundred million euros ..."

So this bitch Marina keeps all the cash???

Pirlo Fan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaka, Nesta, Fabregas, Cannavaro, Buffon, Ribery, Berbatov
MILAN - Here are the words of president Berlusconi on the market: "Ronaldinho has never been an objective for us because we didn't he think he would be compatible with Kaká and Pato. I think Milan will have to reinforce the defensive department and find a powerful striker. Shevchenko is a physically strong player who is still in our heart and that of every Milan fan."

What about the midfield Berlu? Hopefully we see some improvement in every department.

ROSSONERO_PR

I-BRA-vissimo !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, NESTA, KAKA', KALADZE, BEHRAMI, LORIK CANA, BOGDANI, PATO, MARADONA, M.V.B etc.
Corriere dello Sport;

Berlusconi: Milan will have a superstar, but not Ronaldinho :rolleyes:

grounder

Incomplete & out of time
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Like you care?
And all the signs point to: Shevchenko

And about the cash-thing. If this is the case, and Berlusconi can't spend enough on the team to improve, then he's not the man for president. If you "own" a club of this prestige, you can't expect it to run on peanuts. Even if we have monkeys in the staff.

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
:conf: is Sheva still a superstar? If not that means we're probably getting a big name (hopes and prays for Quaresma). If so then wow nelly :head:

Marcus

Costacurta Groupie
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Shevchenko, Inzaghi, Costacurta, Pazzini, MENEZ
Pirlo Fan said:
MILAN - Here are the words of president Berlusconi on the market: "Ronaldinho has never been an objective for us because we didn't he think he would be compatible with Kaká and Pato. I think Milan will have to reinforce the defensive department and find a powerful striker. Shevchenko is a physically strong player who is still in our heart and that of every Milan fan."

Crap. Loads and loads of crap. He bitched about Ronaldinho so long, and now backs off... At least have the decency to say we failed - or maybe he just doesn't want to admit another failure.

Gatorbasu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
On the positive, I like BERLU's thought process. He has finally realized that RONADINHO and KAKA can't play together. I am happy to see him realize this fact.

I like the fact that RONALDINHO is not coming to MILAN.

peters

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
^ he aint realizing. If ronnie was offered to us for 50mil he would jump at it like a tiger and than brag about it for decades. The only thing he realized now is that he just wont be able to get him - what he should know more than a year ago when he started the illusional 100 million from my pocket for dinho saga.

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Silvio i can assure you Sheva is no longer in my heart. He became a traitor to me when he left when we needed him most. Milan have been built on great loyal players Sheva is not one of them.

He is past his best, get the cheque book out and buy a world class stiker please, or except we wont win anything next season.