Dejan Savicevic Thread

KingSheva

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
cagney said:
Doesn't make sense, considering he was a first choice in the matches preceding that final. If I remember correctly, he pulled out on the day of the final having failed a fitness test.

Forza Il Genio.
I agree, it never made sense. Let's bear in mind that Savi was a "genious" when in control of the ball. Injury may have cost him that place in the fixture. He certaintly played a pivotal role in milan's hunt for domination.

Personally i have never heard of a rift between Dejan and Fabio.... We all know Dejan can be a rebel when he want's ... Yet he always gave milan his best!

How i miss him and Zorro...

Grazie Savi.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB, R.Baggio, Savicevic and Sheva
Hi KingSheva

i have a question for you. Rui Costa he doesnt seem to play in the CL, any reason why?

yonggoh

Smoker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Oddo, Maldini
hey grindizer, you staying in Auckland, NZ?

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Grindizer said:
Hi KingSheva

i have a question for you. Rui Costa he doesnt seem to play in the CL, any reason why?
There is a player Kaka in his position, you know :D

Metalheadache

Il Capitano
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Oddo, Janku, Kaka, Gattuso, Pirlo, Gourcuff, Pippo, Gilardino, Dida & Co.
well if Capello had a row with Savi,
then it doesn't surprise me as he is having a row now with
Ibrahimovich :D

Anyway, welcome aboard mate! :)

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
Grindizer said:
Hi Edi

thanx for your reply. yeah i was suprised when i heard about it too.
man, i remeber when Milan walked into the field with the red and black, i knew we gona lose that game. Nothing like the white in CL.

god bless Savicevic

I believe it was Capello's mistake to benched Savicevic during the 93 CL to give a place to MvBasten (his last ever game for Milan). True MvB was 92 European Player of the Year but he was coming back from 4 months injury. AT LEAST Capello should field JP Papin instead. But in all honesty, Savicevic was new to the team when the CL 93 was played after arriving mid-season so he MIGHT not merit a place in the team.

But I still feel if only Capello fielded JPP or Marco Simone instead, things might've been different and MvB's might not received the brutal treatment from Basile Boli which only worsened his injury

In CL 95 savicevic was injured so no use talking about it. And I don't think there was any feud between Capello and Savicevic. After all, it was Capello who gave him the no. 10 jersey and forced Gullit out of the squad to Sampdoria.

Yuchen Li

58 unbeaten !
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Kaladze, Materazzi, Abbiati, Pirlo, Gattuso, Ambrosini, Kaka, Inzaghi, Gilardino
Grindizer said:
my question is if capello didnt like him, how come the whole team was built around him and he was instrumental in so many win in the 90s??
I don't understand what do you mean the whole team was built around him ?

Because at that time, Italy only allowed a team used 3 not Italian players... And i think : Rossi, Maldini, Baresi, Costarcurta, Tasotti, Albertini, Donadoni, Evani, Massaro, these 8 players are Milan's 8 Italian players, and they are the core of Milan, why do you think the team was built aroung Savcevic ?

By the way, he was called operation knife in China, because his dribbling + control is very skillful, like an operation knife !:)

GeronimoFinch

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Savicevic, van Basten, Rijkaard, Seedorf, Gattuso
Operation knife? Wouldn't scalpel been better?

Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB, R.Baggio, Savicevic and Sheva
Hi Guys

yonggoh, yeah i live in auckland.

gaizka22, i agree with your comments mate. I think if Papin played in the outcome of the game would of been different.

Yuchen Fish, LOOL at operation knife.

did u guys feel that after the loss to Ajax in 95 that was the end of the great Milan. what happend to Massario and Simione?

Man, i hope in NZ they will start showing the Itailain Leauge

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
Grindizer said:
did u guys feel that after the loss to Ajax in 95 that was the end of the great Milan. what happend to Massario and Simione?

Had to disagree with you. The following season 95/96 we won the Scudetto with Baggio and Weah coming to the team. Or maybe you were referring to the Grande Milan team that won CL 89,90 and 3 scudettos in 92,93,94? If that's your point, well Maldini and Costacurta are still in the squad so the Great Milan team still continues. True we sucked big time in 96/97 and 97/98 seasons but that was inevitable.

Massaro? I guess he retired not long after that. He's been in the squad since the 86/87 season (at least) and was always the patient with his role as back up for Virdis, Van Basten, Papin, Gullit and never made any big deal about it.

As for Simone, he had a great success in AS Monaco after leaving Milan (in season 97/98 I guess) and he actually went back to Milan midway through the 01/02 season (if not mistaken) when most of Milan strikers (Pippo, Sheva, Jose Mari, Javi Moreno) were injured or didn't perform. Didn't make quite any impact, he went unnoticed (kinda like Amoroso now).

KingSheva

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
gaizka22 said:
As for Simone, he had a great success in AS Monaco after leaving Milan (in season 97/98 I guess) and he actually went back to Milan midway through the 01/02 season (if not mistaken) when most of Milan strikers (Pippo, Sheva, Jose Mari, Javi Moreno) were injured or didn't perform. Didn't make quite any impact, he went unnoticed (kinda like Amoroso now).
It seems as if it was yesterday!!

Remember when the announcment was made!!

What a memory!

If felt like "the prodigal son". Ashame it didn't live up to expectations.

Marco, con noi sempre!

Grazie per tutto Marco!

Forza Milan!

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

samir10

Moaaarr Attackers :proud:
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Shevchenko, Boban, Baresi, MVB, Inzaghi, Riquelme
was best dribbler years ago. :star:

btw he had nasty accident few years ago near his house in montenegro with his motorcycle and afaik berlu send helicopter to help former milan legend.

zio_fester

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
The best dribbler in the history of the game. pure elegance, genious... un fanastista che sempre fa sognare... grazie dejo

LimerickMilan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Pato, Zidane, Maldini, McGrath, Keane, Weah, Shevchenko, Gullit, Figo, Ronaldo, Inzaghi,
Athens ,great goal V Barca

What a great goal V Barca, and in a European Cup final as well, I think that goal is up there with Zidanes v Leverkusen in CL final a few years back (almost, but close) :D

Reaction score
Dejan Savicevic - Il genio

His performance in the 1994 UEFA Champions League Final at Athens' Olympic Stadium on May 18 would turn out to be his greatest moment in football and arguably one of the finest individual displays seen in the competition.

In his total career at the San Siro, Milan won 7 trophies, including 3 scudetti (Serie A championships) - 1992-93, 1993–94, 1995–96, 1 European Cup - 1993-94 and 1 European Super Cup, but he was criticized in the Italian media for not always trying against smaller teams and his performances regularly blew hot and cold.

vB9

Man with a Plan
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME
No 10 at Milan belongs to Dejan. RC can go to the devil.

dhorasoo

data haiku
Reaction score
Fav. Players
pirlo, kinkladze, baggio, foggia, baronio, dhorasoo, serginho, caracciolo, ronaldo, pep & corini
Some awesome skill by Savicevic back when he played with Red Star. The apparently clueless defenders falling over their feet are the mighty Man Utd, you'll recognise - among others - a young Paul Ince :lol:

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks

Australiano1980

#RiseTheBorders
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Van Basten, Baresi, Savicevic, Gullit, Maldini, Romario, Zidane, Suker, Litmanen, Redondo, Rivaldo

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
tumblr_lrgbznGiES1qc4f3jo1_500.jpg

Dejan Savicevic - Il Genio, by way of inspiration to Milan as they prepare to face Barcelona.

http://giancarlorinaldi.tumblr.com/post/10158869445/dejan-savicevic-il-genio-by-way-of-inspiration

derpu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Demetrio Albertini, Prinz Eugen
With that assist, He will make even me look like Messi.

damn

keyboard Sacchi
Reaction score
probably my favourite milan player.
like zidane he played to his own rhythm and made the impossible look simple.