Mathieu Flamini Thread

Wet Ones

Campione d’Italia
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Whoever helps make Milan untouchable
Jivara said:
kaka was coming back from injury if he was fit not even 10 flamini's could stop not even gattuso can. but its not just our game vs arsenal, he has been putting amazing performances all season long, when he went out to injury against liverpool arsenal lost control of their play, gilberto was no as sharp or as fast as flamini. i think he would be a great signing given that gattuso isnt getting any younger and he seems to be the closest thing to him in terms of tackling ability and strong determination

ONE Mascherano SINGLE HANDEDLY made Seedorf & Kaka look average last year.

Flamini made Pirlo look like turd.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Wet Ones said:
ONE Mascherano SINGLE HANDEDLY made Seedorf & Kaka look average last year.
Kaka yes... Seedorf not so much. He was rather poor tbh.

Gravedigger

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dida, Jovetic, Pato, Maldini, Shevchenko...
Flamini Signs With AC Milan
April 28th, 2008 By BillE Shears
According to The Independent, Arsenal midfielder Mathieu Flamini is Milan bound as of July 1.

Flamini will reportedly sign a five-year 20 million Euro contract with A.C. Milan. The Rossoneri see him as the eventual replacement to Gennaro “The Snarling Dog” Gattuso.

The contract was worth a million more per year than Juventus’ offer and much more than Arsenal was ready to pony up.

Wenger urged the midfielder to stay loyal to the Gunners, but given his treatment at the club before this season, Flamini was perhaps wise to look out for numero uno.

Flamini is a fine player,but not irreplaceable. Arsenal have an experienced hand in Gilberto as well as frisky youngsters like Diaby and Denilson itching for a chance.

http://www.epltalk.com/flamini-signs-with-ac-milan/1938

Last edited:

grounder

Incomplete & out of time
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Like you care?
It's pretty funny to see all these rumors contradict each other. If Milan are financially in the red, how the hell can they come up with the money to pay Flamini's wages, acquire Ronaldinho & Zambrotta and still cough up more cash to reinforce even more as promised.

But it would be great if Flamini really joined Milan, I'm sure he could be a great asset. But as others have said it, until I see an official announcement and the player in a Milan jersey, I'm not buying it.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Gravedigger said:
Flamini Signs With AC Milan
April 28th, 2008 By BillE Shears
According to The Independent, Arsenal midfielder Mathieu Flamini is Milan bound as of July 1.

Flamini will reportedly sign a five-year 20 million Euro contract with A.C. Milan. The Rossoneri see him as the eventual replacement to Gennaro “The Snarling Dog” Gattuso.

The contract was worth a million more per year than Juventus’ offer and much more than Arsenal was ready to pony up.

Wenger urged the midfielder to stay loyal to the Gunners, but given his treatment at the club before this season, Flamini was perhaps wise to look out for numero uno.

Flamini is a fine player,but not irreplaceable. Arsenal have an experienced hand in Gilberto as well as frisky youngsters like Diaby and Denilson itching for a chance.

http://www.epltalk.com/flamini-signs-with-ac-milan/1938

How reliable is that source ?Its on goal .com 2 (witch is pretty much the most unreliable source after tribal :rolleyes: )whos says :Flamini To San Siro; Hleb to Follow?.

So what do you guys think of Hleb would he suit us ? And who will drop from the 11 eleven if he comes?Pirlo or sedorf?

Wet Ones

Campione d’Italia
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Az. said:
How reliable is that source ?Its on goal .com 2 (witch is pretty much the most unreliable source after tribal :rolleyes: )whos says :Flamini To San Siro; Hleb to Follow?.

So what do you guys think of Hleb would he suit us ? And who will drop from the 11 eleven if he comes?Pirlo or sedorf?
You need to read the article.

Hleb to follow to the San Siro. To Inter.

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Wet Ones said:
You need to read the article.

Hleb to follow to the San Siro. To Inter.

i know that merda want him but that does not mean we cant join the race.Thought i really dont think its gonna be a garage sale @ Arsenal this summer.

Andromeda

^AC.Milan Girl^
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini
i don't think Hleb will be leaving Arsenal next season. but the rumour is getting stronger with Flamini.

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Engage Flamini mocking Juve

Mathieu Flamini will play the next season in Milan. To write that the english newspaper "The Independent" according which the 24 year old french midfielder of Arsenal expiring contract will have reached an agreement with Milan.

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
I hope this rumour is true that it is basically done that Famini is coming to Milan, but I still have my doubts. Anyways, if it is true, than this is the best signing Milan could make for their midfield, he's 24 (perfect), an extremely hard worker, and has skill too. He will probably rotate with Ambrosini and Gattuso when tired. Won't it be nice to have either one of those three on the bench and have a world class sub? Most likely we will start Gattuso and Flamini and having Ambro on the bench is just amazing. Finally, some depth in our lineup. Once again, I just hope this rumour is true.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
flamini is a good signing but 4m per season? thats insane! he should earn soomething around 2,5m and earn his way up

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
Jivara said:
flamini is a good signing but 4m per season? thats insane! he should earn soomething around 2,5m and earn his way up
i completely agree, but it is a different world today and it is quite sad, but it is all about money now. Oh well.

Centre

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Jivara said:

the wages are high but as wild stated a few pages back when you think about we would be paying just as much (maybe more) if we were buying him from arsenal and it wasnt a free transfer... so i dont think that total pay out is really out of the realm of what hes worth... the only thing that worries me is how other players may react to him making the same or more per season...

Wet Ones

Campione d’Italia
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Jivara said:
Please explain why it is Insane?

Pirlo makes 4m & Kaka makes 6+m

He single handedly stopped the both of them TWICE.

Kaka was injured? Ok so he single handedly stopped an injured Kaka and made Pirlo look like the worst midfielder in the world.

I think he's easily worth 4m and he's younger than the both of them. Plus he can tackle (which both Kaka & Pirlo can't), he can pass the ball on the ground (which Pirlo can't) and he has the work rate of our old Gattuso.

If we do get him, it will be the best midfield buy since Kaka and if we do get him and bench him, Ancelloti should be shot.

inomilan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Wet Ones said:

Kaka was injured? Ok so he single handedly stopped an injured Kaka and made Pirlo look like the worst midfielder in the world.

I think he's easily worth 4m and he's younger than the both of them. Plus he can tackle (which both Kaka & Pirlo can't), he can pass the ball on the ground (which Pirlo can't) and he has the work rate of our old Gattuso.

If we do get him, it will be the best midfield buy since Kaka and if we do get him and bench him, Ancelloti should be shot.
it's insane coz he isn't at superstar level yet and we're not very sure if he'll be effective at Milan

Wet Ones

Campione d’Italia
Reaction score
Fav. Players
inomilan said:
it's insane coz he isn't at superstar level yet and we're not very sure if he'll be effective at Milan
He shut out two of our supposed best players. You are right. He is shit level right now.

:rolleyes:

And we are paying

Emerson 3.5m = Superstar + Super Effective + Young
Dida 4m = Superstar + Calamity Free + Young + 'Sitting on bench' injury free
Ronaldo 4m = Injury Free + Young

You are right. Let us just buy the great Ronaldinho instead who is 'superstar level'.

Cmon Man! Mas magaling pa rin sya sa mga gunggong nating player.

Last edited:

inomilan

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Wet Ones said:
He shut out two of our supposed best players. You are right. He is shit level right now.

And we are paying

You are right. Let us just buy the great Ronaldinho instead who is 'superstar level'.

sorry didn't know the other player salaries, my fault.

amp, Pinoy ka rin pala! :D

Gravedigger

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Dida, Jovetic, Pato, Maldini, Shevchenko...
Flamini will come,maybe and R10,but if Kaka move to Chelsea........................

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Wet Ones said:

its insane because if u ask any person who knows the sport who is better between pirlo, kaka and flamini 99% of them would say one of the first 2 ... flamini has had a good campaign, he is a very good player, but you cannot put him in the same bracket as kaka and pirlo... and besides, stars like kaka and pirlo earned their way up to their current wages and i doubt they are going to get any higher as they are already very high... flamini is still young if he is indeed as good as those two and does deserve similar wages then he can demonstrate that on the pitch, if he succeeds then sure give him 4m, if not ill be expecting people here (probably even you) to complain of his signing and fuss about the fact that he receives as much as pirlo.

p.s. pirlo can pass on the ground but he seems to favor lobbing passes which work for him. btw does flamini score free kicks like pirlo, actually flamini as much as i like him isnt even in the national squad while pirlo has been the engine of both his club and country for the last few years in which he won everything there is to win in football

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Wet Ones said:

And we are paying

youre just shifting the focus of the discussion here... no one is saying these dudes deserve what they earn, were just saying for a new signing that only had 1 good season in his career so far, 4m seems quite excessive...

you seem to be saying if these guys earn this much then flamini should earn 4m easily, without realising that the higher the wage level the worse it is for milan which is who we support before anyone else.

M

Mineiro e Josué

Seems like Flamini is the new Redondo, improved with much more speed.

I think Milan hired he just because has no money or don´t wanna spend with a better player.

samir10

Moaaarr Attackers :proud:
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gattuso, Shevchenko, Boban, Baresi, MVB, Inzaghi, Riquelme
was flamini on bench yesterday when arsenal thrashed derby? I've read match rating on goal.com and he wasn't in line-up.

Pirlo Fan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaka, Nesta, Fabregas, Cannavaro, Buffon, Ribery, Berbatov
4za_milan said:
was flamini on bench yesterday when arsenal thrashed derby? I've read match rating on goal.com and he wasn't in line-up.

He's injured. Won't play for the rest of the season I believe.