3 or 4

Reaction score
The coach has never included three defenders in the sqaud this season. However, i know some of us would like to play three instead of four since there are more alternatives in midfield.
So, if threre are three defenders in line, who should be in?
Another vacancy should be replaced by an offensive or defensive midfield?
If four is insisted, Should Milan grabs some left or right back in the coming transfer market in Jan? :head:

Still Milan is the best!!!! :D

Untitled

Primavera
Reaction score
u don't want to say this here :head: . i suggested 3 backs once to be agressively countered :p. I think a Kaladze-Maldini-Nesta back line would do ok if we had pirlo and gattuso playing as DM's. Then we could put Rivaldo on the left, Seedorf on the right and Sheva+Pippo up front. It would solve all our selection problems. And don't say Rivaldo playing left can't be done....look at Pirlo

Reaction score
Ah....I absolutely agree with u.
But the coach would never dare to try this comformation.
This could also solve the situation where Rui and Rivaldo compete for the same position......
Double R plus single S......What a wonderful offensive triplet at the midfield.

Still Milan is the Best!!!! :D

mellanie

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sandro Nesta
I'm not so keen on 3 backs line...
Too dangerous, too tiring!
Maldini is no more so young and as to Sandro Nesta, I remember a terrible match of last year with 3 backs line, Roma/Lazio...
He was destroyed and cancelled from a too quick Montella and replaced after the third score :mad:

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
mellanie said:
I remember a terrible match of last year with 3 backs line, Roma/Lazio...
He was destroyed and cancelled from a too quick Montella and replaced after the third score :mad:

Il Aeroplanino had a game that day. That probably was Sandro's worst match ever. He made a horrible mistake on a Delvecchio goal too in one of the Rome Derbys last season.

As for the switch from a 4 man backline to a 3 man backline...........no way.......you are asking Ancelotti to be more radical than he already is being with hsi new tactics. Keep in mind, we are talking about Ancelotti.......student of Arrigo Sacchi........you see? he is conservative by nature and by tacticional education. It won't happen.......the only time this is bound to happen is in the last 15 minutes of an important match that we are down by 2 goals.

shevagirl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I prefer 4.I like when we have strong defense but also good attack.I think that the best formation is 1-4-3-1-2.....and i think that we have achived the biggest succsses with this formation.

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
I like 3 back, but there is to much counter attack in Italy for it to be really effective and most likely would end up hurting more than helping. If I was doing it I would play Kaladze, Nesta, Maldini with 2 defensive midfielders Ambro and Gattuso with Brocchi or Helveg as backups. and I would also use Pirlo as an attacking midfielder or winger. He did OK as a DM for a couple of games, but the last couple he have given the ball up to easily and to deep in the opponents territory. With Ancelotti using him as a DM he attacks to much and dosen't hold the ball possession as well as Gattuso or Ambro.

fbvanBasten

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I definitely will play with 4 backline as the Dream Team Milan (Tassotti, Costacurta, Baresi, Maldini). With strong backline the midfield and the attacker will easily create opportunities to score goals. That is why Milan have to find another astounding defender right now. Jaap Stam maybe enough.

shevagirl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
But we are not so weak in the defence as we are in the midfield right now.....that's my opinion

liberogrande

Licensed Hattrick Coach
Reaction score
China where catastrophes strike all the time
Fav. Players
Filippo INZAGHI/大因札吉/F.インザ-ギ
4,definetely.

well my opinion is that 4 dfs is actually more offensive than 3.

'cause 3 means'3 CBs' and no one comes up.

and 4 means '2 CBs' and '2WING BACKs',so those 2 WB come up to support the midfield or even the forwards.

once again,feelin' truely pity for sellin' Cosmin Contra.He is fuckin' wicked!!

Schedule