05/19/2007 Milan vs Udinese

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
censorthiis said:
Grimi was quiet, I suppose, didn't think he was remotely spectacular, but he didn't do particularly bad or anything. There could have been a real defensive error when he got injured, however; he jumped up to clear the ball and missed and ended up straining his muscles or something. I think it was Di Natale (might've been somebody else though; Di Natale is just standing out in my mind from Udinese yesterday—Gyan too, actually, seeing as I thought he was a bit threatening and kept giving Bonera trouble) who could've really exploited that if he hadn't been injured.
That mistake got the biggest impression out of me. It was ridiculous. I couldn't stop laughing even when I knew he had been injured. It was just so misplaced kick. Very Pippo kind of tehnique.

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
I was very hormonal yesterday, and cried when Billy scored the pk, and then when he was sub, and then I was laughing.

Thank you Billy :proud:

4-2 was the final score? Oh yeah, who cares? Grimi's mistake was hillarious, Di Gennaro seemed older than Costacurta (even if he is actually younger than me), Carlo made Billy's substitution in the best moment, Pirlo and Pippo had really similar shirts (although Pirlo's had some of red), Gourcuff gave Billy a nice present (judging from the pics...nice way to get more viewers :tongue: ).

First half football wise was entertaining, but the second half was dull, well Udinese tried to help out in that department, but it was dull.

PS- Part of the many reasons football fans aren't going to the stadium is that stupid rule that doesn't allow players to take their shirt off when their celebrating.

censorthiis

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
crazy4milan said:
Gourcuff gave Billy a nice present (judging from the pics...nice way to get more viewers :tongue: )
:tongue:

I actually thought that the penalty kick was a very lovely present. He risked something with that almost blatant dive, I think. But I don't care, I love you, Yoann. (Please score more often. And celebrate more often.) :D

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
censorthiis said:
:tongue:

I actually thought that the penalty kick was a very lovely present. He risked something with that almost blatant dive, I think. But I don't care, I love you, Yoann. (Please score more often. And celebrate more often.) :D

Personally, since it was a 'friendly' game, and Billy's last match, the ref probably made his mind up that any dive from a Milan player in the area he was going to give a pk, just like in testimonials, so that the one that is going to retire can score.

censorthiis

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
crazy4milan said:
Personally, since it was a 'friendly' game, and Billy's last match, the ref probably made his mind up that any dive from a Milan player in the area he was going to give a pk, just like in testimonials, so that the one that is going to retire can score.
Probably. Udinese's keeper was outraged though; it was quite funny.

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
"Yoann Gourcuff" is French for "Clark Kent." Oh my, that incredibly blatant swan dive made Gila's vs. Celtic look Shakespearean.

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
Mystik said:
So how did the young ones do ? (Grimi, Darmian, Guerci and Di Gennaro)
Grimi:
Not spectacular, but did his job well. He had one terrible miss, but apart from that was pretty solid down his flank, and had some decent tackles and came forward for support as well. His crosses werent too bad either. Pace was good too. He just kept gettng outmuscled a lot of times, and hopefully hes working on getting a bit bigger. While nothing that i saw convinced me that he was a Maldini replacement, i definitely wouldnt quiver in my boots if he needs to be an emergency backup, like I would for Kalac and from yesterday performance Darmian.

Darmian:
Didnt have a lot of time to prove himself out there, and might have done better from the start, but had a horrible mistake for the goal. Entirely his fault. While Grimi had one of those as well, his mistake didnt end up in the goal, and he definitely showed some solidarity before and after his mistake.
Darmian was not convincing.

Di Gennaro:
Decent play. Made some good runs, and if we need to promote someone, it should be him or Aubamyang in place of Borilla

Mystik

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I guess Guerci was fairly quiet since you didn't even bother to comment. Thanks a bunch though. Maybe if they play a bit more in the last league game we can form a more solid opinion. My net stopped working just before the match started :(

edma

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Nesta & Pirlo
any video on how milan players gave warm farewell to billy?

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
edma said:
any video on how milan players gave warm farewell to billy?
Read the thread - they're all here ... or in Costacurta's thread.

Schedule