Roberto Baggio Thread

kristpdr

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo Maradona Maldini Baresi Baggio Cafu
Impressive stats..275 goals and 111 assists in 605 official games...

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pirlo, Maldini, Nesta, Thiago Silva, Theo
apparently he is on the verge of gaining his final coaching license needed to coach a top flight team.

not sure who will hire him as manager without any coaching experience, but it wouldnt shock me if a team gave a player of his stature a immediate chance, especially a team like Brescia, especially if they dont get promoted

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players

kristpdr

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo Maradona Maldini Baresi Baggio Cafu
apparently he is on the verge of gaining his final coaching license needed to coach a top flight team.

not sure who will hire him as manager without any coaching experience, but it wouldnt shock me if a team gave a player of his stature a immediate chance, especially a team like Brescia, especially if they dont get promoted

There are many examples of great players hired to coach without experience..

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
Trying to nick Allegri song :o

Dzidzius

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I still don't understand why do they blame him for the loss when he took the team single-handendly to the finals.. Very unfair to him ..He had many unlucky moments during his career like the one at Inter ..like the one that he wasnt called up for the WC 2002...

Do you know that noone remember that Italy was down in penalties and would loose even if scored as it wasn't decisive anyway? He needed to score and brazilian needed to miss to be back in game. None of my mates remembers that, everyone thinks he blew Italy the cup. My favourity player of all time. He did take them to the final by himself and the group stage Italy play the worse football I ever seen they play. Such a shame je was crossed off later on even tho played great for Bologna and Brescia. Even at Inter it was him who won them Uefa Cup playoffs.

The best story I know is from before tha Nigeria game 94 when he drew with a minutes to go(didn't force the shot, the ball went in almost slo mo it was so precisly sent and he judged the movement so well) and then the penalty at extra time(by the post).

The story though is:
Italian government had a break for prayer, Vatican wished the players well and the players themselves had a group prayer too. Only Baggio didn't join as he is a Buddhist. He then scored 2 ice and won it for all of them Roman Catholics.

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Oh that bastard ref.. Moreno i think? fucker got 20 years i think for drug smuggling or some shit like that recently.. Spain was good, so was portugal, france ,argentina.. That italy was awesome, but i m sure Trappatoni would have fucked it up anyways. Who takes Di Livio and then fucking doesnt take Baggio (on age, form or any basis).:fp:

Totti, delpiero, Inzaghi, Vieri, Maldini, Nesta, cannavaro, Zambrotta, Gattuso, Buffon, Toldo,Panucci ... amazing quality all over the park and if he had added to that the mighty ROBERTO BAGGIO.. heaven ..

and imagine if Albertini hadnt gotten injured before the tournament. so much talent all over the field... seriously having Totti, Del Piero, Pippo, and Vieri is as much if not more quality up top then any team ever, and then imagine if they brought Baggio as a supersub:eek::eek::eek: holy shit!

Last edited:

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Happy birthday!! :)

seveners

Vinceremo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, van Basten, Inzaghi, Baggio, Costacurta, Gattuso, Maradona, Cantona
Happy Birthday, Roby.
07.jpg

Dark Knight

Maestro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Baggio Nesta Pirlo Figo Platin Mardona Pippo Kaka Baresi Socrtes Roben Canna Gigi Zico MvB9
happy bday legend :)

N3d0

Allegri al Massimo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rino Gattuso, Mirko Vučinić, Stevan Jovetić, Prince Boa, Stefan Savić, Noce
I had this argument with a friend last nite (after couple of beers) and I said that Baggio is better #10 than Messi. I think I'm right. Your toughts?

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I had this argument with a friend last nite (after couple of beers) and I said that Baggio is better #10 than Messi. I think I'm right. Your toughts?

RB was more of a ss than a trequartista/#10 iirc.

Dark Knight

Maestro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini Baggio Nesta Pirlo Figo Platin Mardona Pippo Kaka Baresi Socrtes Roben Canna Gigi Zico MvB9

I m starting to respect you :eek:

Dark Knight

Maestro
Reaction score
Fav. Players
last of mohicans- a perfect background for the art of Roby Baggio.. last of the fantasistas :proud:

Last edited:

N3d0

Allegri al Massimo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rino Gattuso, Mirko Vučinić, Stevan Jovetić, Prince Boa, Stefan Savić, Noce
Definitely more classy than Messi. Even Rui and Zidane were more classy than him. Rui and Zizou are like Federer. They do great, without sweating.

Dinar

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
better than messi :lol: :lol: :lol:

take away shitty Spanish defenses and Xavi and Inesta teeing him up and Messi is no where near as special

not saying Baggio is better than him (although it is possible) Messi gets way over praised for being in a perfect system for him. He still has a long way to go before he is in the class of a Zidane or Mardona

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
yeh.."shit spanish defenses" :lol:

I guess the european defenses he also owns in the CL are shit?

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
yeh.."shit spanish defenses" :lol:

I guess the european defenses he also owns in the CL are shit?

never scored against an Italian defense... and current Italian defenses are jack shit compared to what Maradona and Baggio went against in their careers between the late 80s and 90s in Italy

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
never scored against an Italian defense... and current Italian defenses are jack shit compared to what Maradona and Baggio went against in their careers between the late 80s and 90s in Italy

?

he scored in the group stages, and he was still playing really well despite not scoring a lot.

unless the only way you can rate a player is goals rather than watching him play.

and I hardly think scoring against italian teams is the way you rate a player these days :lol:

SpartanMilan

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
?

he scored in the group stages, and he was still playing really well despite not scoring a lot.

unless the only way you can rate a player is goals rather than watching him play.

and I hardly think scoring against italian teams is the way you rate a player these days :lol:

from open play he hasnt, I misspoke

and my point is that the defensive quality in Spain right now is absolutely nothing when you compare it to Serie A in the 80s and 90s.

Messi is an excellent player, but he isnt in the conversation for best ever yet like many seem to think.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Junior & Messias
Messi is a very lucky player.

Barcelona take care of him like their own child, but very disciplined. And he is now the Messi he is today.

Milan did the same for Pato, but spoiled him.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Messi is a very lucky player.

Barcelona take care of him like their own child, but very disciplined. And he is now the Messi he is today.

Milan did the same for Pato, but spoiled him.

Messi is a million times better than Pato too though.

Ramzee

Forza Milan per sempre!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
De Sciglio, Ambrosini, SeS, Montolivo.
better than messi :lol: :lol: :lol:

Probably not better, but he succeeded everywhere he went (except at Milan :lol:). Even playing for mid table clubs, he'd drag them into top. And we know where so far Messi only succeeded.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Probably not better, but he succeeded everywhere he went (except at Milan :lol:). Even playing for mid table clubs, he'd drag them into top. And we know where so far Messi only succeeded.

So is Maldini not one of the greatest of all time, because he played with one club in one league his whole career? Obviously the former Milan captain is one of the greatest!

So i think this talk of Messi can't be considered one of the greatest, because he has only played for Barca, is completely preposterous.

Schedule