The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Transfers

AC Milan Transfers Everything related to AC Milan's transfer market goes in here. AC Milan rumours, dream signings and more.

View Poll Results: Champions League qualification?
. 0 0%
. 0 0%
. 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 13-03-2018, 20:34   #8721
Neruda
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Maldini,Nesta,Zidane

Montella knocking out jose

or watch him laugh after a defeat

win win
Old 13-03-2018, 20:49   #8722
Alo88
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nalim View Post
Of course he stated his loyalty to Juventus when asked about it, because thatís how professional players act in order to spare himself and the club from unnecessary turmoil - even if he actually has a desire to leave.
The status that Nedved and Del Piero have amongst Juventini is very rare and it would be unfair to expect every high profiled player to achieve this status.

So in your opinion the only right thing to do was accept F&Mís first contract offer?
Keep in mind that this change of view on Donnarumma happened after Fassone publicly said they wouldnít sign a contract, because Milan couldnít meet the demands of Raiola and Donna. At the end it all worked out and a compromise was made

Donnarumma has to this day never expressed any desire to leave, actually just the opposite.

A release clause can only be activated if the player wants to be released.
A young player like Donnarumma obviously wants to play against the best in Europe (Champions League) Donna can use his release clause as an insurance that he wonít be held captive by the club, should Milanís Ďnew projectí fail to produce CL football year after year.
Okay, let me try one more time. Easy and short. The job of a players agent is to take care of everything that could distract him from focussing on his job, which is to play football. Such things like contracts, renewals, possible offers from new clubs, sponsorship deals and so on...

He's not their bank. His job doesn't end by simply getting the biggest possible paycheck.

Now Raiola is an agent who causes troubles, polemics and problems everywhere he operates. Undeniably. Coincidence? I highly doubt it for various reasons who already have been discussed here to death so I won't bring them up again.

Now tell me: Don't you see a certain pattern regarding almost all his assets? Do you think they are calm and focussed 100%ly on their job? Donna, Pogba, Verratti, Balo...?

---

Regarding Donnarummas part, I think you missread me: Donnarumma DID renew WITHOUT release clause, against Raiolas will. And for me THAT'S the biggest sign of loyality

Gesendet von meinem SM-A530F mit Tapatalk
Old 13-03-2018, 20:59   #8723
danilo1899
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by van Basten View Post
Reading Danilo's post, dont you think the game is asking too much of fullbacks? At this rate, it'll be easier to find a decent LWer and teach him how to defend a little and play him at LB
It depends, because if you look at it all great offensive fullbacks were originally wingers in their youth. I say "great" because you surely can develop good attacking play if you have technique, good instincts Maldini, Thuram) etc... Of course ideal leftback for us now would be Roberto Carlos circa 1999, and when you look in the last 30 years we can probably agree there are maybe a handful of backs of that quality. It's easier for right backs because good lefties are very rare, especially at the back. Alex Sandro is a classic winger-turned-back example (J. Alba also). Complete leftbacks (like Maldini was) are even more rare, that's why the benchmark they set still stand today as some kind of ideal. Offensive leftbacks today, kind of what we need in this team now, are unfortunately out of our reach: Marcelo (his on a downard spiral by now), Jordi Alba, B. Mendy from City, A. Sandro... So the logic behind more "standard" type of leftback (who we can realistically afford) was absolutely sound, but Mirabelli messed it up imo in not signing a winger who is more compatible with Rodriguez' characteristics.

So, to answer your question van Basten, I think that even 20 or 15 years ago there were certain qualities that was required from fullbacks in elite clubs. Mostly it was defensive/attacking pairing (one flank more offensive). Today backs are maybe more complete, but from my pov they are worse than before. Of course today physical attributes are more impostant, but no one can say that fullbacks from say 2003 didn't have stamina/strenght. Zambrotta today would be worth more than Mendy, and I'm not even going to mention Cafu who would probably today play left inside forward with all that technique and off the ball awareness.

RR78 is a good leftback, would be very good if he wasn't asked to open spaces on the left (something that isn't his strong suit). We have to work with what we have, but there are better leftbacks available I suppose; I'm not a scout, but if Napoli can dig up Ghoulam from obscurity in France than hopefully so can we also. If it was Galliani in charge I wouldn't even bother to hope, but to Mirabelli I'm giving a benefit of doubt.
Old 13-03-2018, 21:03   #8724
van Basten
Banned

Fav. Players: Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME

Wasnt Dembe gonna sign with Raiola? Then Barca came out and say that no Raiola player will ever play here... that made Dembe shit himself and decided not to have Raiola as his agent.

More clubs shud come out and start saying the same as Barca.
Old 13-03-2018, 21:06   #8725
van Basten
Banned

@Danilo

At the time, the rumour was that Bale rejected Utd coz Fergie want him as LB.
Old 13-03-2018, 21:36   #8726
ForzaSandro
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by LocalHero80 View Post
Milannews front page

Milan, here is Andrť Silva: the secrets behind the rebirth of Portuguese

fuck you italian press again, fuck you very very much.
I'd say he needs to be born before being born again.
Old 13-03-2018, 21:41   #8727
Qaas
Mystery Guy

Fav. Players: KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi

Quote:
Originally Posted by IL Diavolo 3 View Post
What happened to the sms fetch?

Eeh he spat on suso
Old 13-03-2018, 21:45   #8728
Nalim
Senior Team Member

Fav. Players: Red card maestro Gabriel Paletta

Quote:
Wasnt Dembe gonna sign with Raiola? Then Barca came out and say that no Raiola player will ever play here... that made Dembe shit himself and decided not to have Raiola as his agent.

More clubs shud come out and start saying the same as Barca.
Where did you read this? I canít find anything about it.
Old 13-03-2018, 21:45   #8729
IL Diavolo 3
Fester

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaas View Post
Eeh he spat on suso

Well all the time i wanna spit on some milan players.
Old 13-03-2018, 21:48   #8730
van Basten
Banned

Quote:
Where did you read this? I canít find anything about it.
https://www.thesun.co.uk/sport/footb...ssia-dortmund/
Old 13-03-2018, 21:51   #8731
danilo1899
Rookie

Quote:
@Danilo

At the time, the rumour was that Bale rejected Utd coz Fergie want him as LB.
Yeah, I remember... Redknapp moved him from LB to LM at first (he squeezed out Niko Kranjcar from that spot) and then all the way up to some kind of trequartista-hybrid role (similar to KPB27). I do understand Bale though, no way would he become a player he is today by hugging left line and sprinting up and down all night long somewhere. Imo he is maybe even the oposite of moderb attacking backs because he went the other way around (I do remember Tottenham buying him from Southampton as an attacking fullback/wingback).
Old 13-03-2018, 21:52   #8732
Qaas
Mystery Guy

Fav. Players: KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi

Quote:
Originally Posted by IL Diavolo 3 View Post
Well all the time i wanna spit on some milan players.

but not SUSO!
Old 13-03-2018, 21:54   #8733
IL Diavolo 3
Fester

Quote:
but not SUSO!

Of course not
Old 13-03-2018, 22:10   #8734
Nalim
Senior Team Member

Fav. Players: Red card maestro Gabriel Paletta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alo88 View Post
Okay, let me try one more time. Easy and short. The job of a players agent is to take care of everything that could distract him from focussing on his job, which is to play football. Such things like contracts, renewals, possible offers from new clubs, sponsorship deals and so on...

He's not their bank. His job doesn't end by simply getting the biggest possible paycheck.

Now Raiola is an agent who causes troubles, polemics and problems everywhere he operates. Undeniably. Coincidence? I highly doubt it for various reasons who already have been discussed here to death so I won't bring them up again.

Now tell me: Don't you see a certain pattern regarding almost all his assets? Do you think they are calm and focussed 100%ly on their job? Donna, Pogba, Verratti, Balo...?

---

Regarding Donnarummas part, I think you missread me: Donnarumma DID renew WITHOUT release clause, against Raiolas will. And for me THAT'S the biggest sign of loyality

Iím not disputing the fact that Raiola creates unnecessary turmoil around Donnarumma, but I donít think thereís anything that suggests that Donna is not a hundred percent focused when playing. His season hasnít been flawless, but far from disastrous neither.
Iím not sure what incidents youíre talking about concerning Verratti, I feel like heís always 100% committed when I see him play, at times overly so (as seen in the Madrid game). No agent in the world could create calm around Balo, heís spent his entire career creating bad press for himself.
Iíll admit that the hype he created around Pogba hasnít played to the players advantage.
Old 13-03-2018, 22:34   #8735
Alo88
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Iím not disputing the fact that Raiola creates unnecessary turmoil around Donnarumma, but I donít think thereís anything that suggests that Donna is not a hundred percent focused when playing. His season hasnít been flawless, but far from disastrous neither.
Iím not sure what incidents youíre talking about concerning Verratti, I feel like heís always 100% committed when I see him play, at times overly so (as seen in the Madrid game). No agent in the world could create calm around Balo, heís spent his entire career creating bad press for himself.
Iíll admit that the hype he created around Pogba hasnít played to the players advantage.
Nothing that suggests he's not been distracted for quite some times this season? Are you kidding me?

But yeah I see we have a total different way to interprete those events that we went through with Raiola. I'm not going to reroll those again for the abysmal time. We'll have to agree to disagree.

---

On another note ManU and Mou showcasting how half a billion of mercato in past few years have somewhat like zero impact. Who's more overrated, Mou or the money?

Old 13-03-2018, 22:42   #8736
Qaas
Mystery Guy

Default The Rumour Commode XXII: Broke Li, Hidden Galliani

So how much better is Premier league compared to serie a... when the fifth placed la liga team coached by montella knocks second placed united out... With one of the most expensive squads in world football
Old 13-03-2018, 22:45   #8737
Milanista92
AC Milan Legend

Quote:
So how much better is Premier league compared to serie a... when the fifth placed la liga team coached by montella knocks second placed united out... With one of the most expensive squads in world football
we got it all wrong vs arsenal we should of beat them tbh. but again comparing leagues like this is not good.

Epl is more competitive due to bigger budgets but their style of play is awful vs other leagues it's not effective.
Old 13-03-2018, 22:51   #8738
rossonero1
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Chelsea will be out next tomorrow haha. But how the hell did Mourinho get a massive extension? His playing style will get him no where anymore. He's finished.
Old 13-03-2018, 22:53   #8739
stevan
World Cup Winner

Quote:
So how much better is Premier league compared to serie a...
Much, much better unfortunately.

Signature
Old 13-03-2018, 22:56   #8740
rossonero1
AC Milan Icon

3 of the final 8 in UCL have Italian managers. Possibly 4 if Conte pulls it off tomorrow.
Closed Thread