The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Transfers

AC Milan Transfers Everything related to AC Milan's transfer market goes in here. AC Milan rumours, dream signings and more.

View Poll Results: Champions League qualification?
. 0 0%
. 0 0%
. 0 0%
Voters: 0. You may not vote on this poll

Closed Thread

Old 14-03-2018, 14:30   #8801
Alo88
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by acm55 View Post
Mirabelli told Donnarumma about the signing of Reina and that they will not sell Gigio unless he asks to and Milan has no intention of selling him. Reina was told that should Gigio stay, then he will be the backup goalkeeper. [Corriere Della Sera]
wonderfull news if true. Perfect set-up for next year: Donna 1st gk and Reina 2nd gk for all cups. Magnifique!
Old 14-03-2018, 14:34   #8802
Rickaka
molto life

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Seedorf, Balotelli, Willems, Memphis Depay

Quote:
Originally Posted by acm55 View Post
Mirabelli told Donnarumma about the signing of Reina and that they will not sell Gigio unless he asks to and Milan has no intention of selling him. Reina was told that should Gigio stay, then he will be the backup goalkeeper. [Corriere Della Sera]
so obv playing into 'DONNARAIOLA x HATERS 2-0'

Signature
Old 14-03-2018, 14:34   #8803
Alec
Football Idiot Savant

Fav. Players: Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan

All cups? I wouldn't use him in Europe tbh(well he can have the odd game vs small teams). Not because I don't trust his skill but it's more about getting Donna the big game experience against foreign teams.

Signature
100% muscle - 0% intelligence
Old 14-03-2018, 14:45   #8804
Az.
Se7en

Fav. Players: Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alo88 View Post
wonderfull news if true. Perfect set-up for next year: Donna 1st gk and Reina 2nd gk for all cups. Magnifique!
Its quite the opposite, what Mirabelli is doing is fan manipulation 101. He said that Dona will leave only if he asks to leave.

The bold part loosely translated means, Dona will ask to leave and he will then say something among the lines: we are a classy club, we won't hold anybody here against their will.

Reina will be our top GK next season, we don't have any money for transfers, and their hoping that they will get top $ for our $.
Old 14-03-2018, 14:45   #8805
Alo88
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alec View Post
All cups? I wouldn't use him in Europe tbh(well he can have the odd game vs small teams). Not because I don't trust his skill but it's more about getting Donna the big game experience against foreign teams.
Sorry I meant coppa as Coppa Italia games .
Old 14-03-2018, 14:46   #8806
Qaas
Mystery Guy

Fav. Players: KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi

Quote:
Poor Danskere feeling encircled

I'm not Swedish bruh, only thing related to Sweden is my last name and even that's a stretch

I'm 100% Yugoslav... so I guess I'm half Swedish?

What, so you don’t live in sweden?

Signature
Old 14-03-2018, 15:00   #8807
Lord Snow
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Shevchenko

Did you guys even realise by spending 6 Million gross on Pepe Reina, Mirabelli has
1) saved the club from spending inflated sums of money on Donnarumma replacements
2) keep telling raiola to go find clubs who would pay 100 million
3) if Donna does stay, all he has to do is pay a decent backup player 6 million in squad cost to guarantee a payout of 100 million

Mirabelli just played a masterstroke.
Old 14-03-2018, 15:01   #8808
Alo88
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Az. View Post
Its quite the opposite, what Mirabelli is doing is fan manipulation 101. He said that Dona will leave only if he ask to leave.

The bold part loosely translated means, Dona will ask to leave and he will then say something among the lines: we are a classy club, we won't hold anybody here against their will.

Reina will be our top GK next season.
Hm, I thought quite a while about this possibility.

So if you were right it would mean that Milan wants to sell Donnarumma because he's the player who guarantees us the biggest profit – he cost us something like 100K and we'd sell him for hopefully >60M. More than missing out on CL would cost us. And to keep face infront of fans F&M will make it look like Donna asked to be sold.

Possible scenario.

I still think that the management is honestly more interested in keeping Donna as a very marketable face for future Milan than on cashing on him. And this is why I think so:

Donna is young, Italian, talanted and from the own youth sector. Perfect profile for our Marketing. Our management has repetetly said how important the brand is to generate more earnings. Reina is not at all a marketable profile if you ask me. Solid on the pitch, but not marketable.

So if the management was seriously willing to replace Donna I'm pretty sure it would go for another young, talented and preferably Italian goalkeeper. Profiles like Meret or Perin come to my mind.

One more thing: Everybody suggests that Reina is too good to be 2nd gk. Maybe that's true. However he once willingly transfered to Bayern for a year only to play 2nd fiddle behind Neuer. As long as the cash is right, he doesn't seem to have any issues to play 2nd gk. Since Storari is going to retire we'll need a 2nd gk anyway.

Last edited by Alo88; 14-03-2018 at 15:03.
Old 14-03-2018, 15:02   #8809
Alec
Football Idiot Savant

Fav. Players: Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Pirlo, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaas View Post
What, so you don’t live in sweden?
No, why would I?

Signature
Old 14-03-2018, 15:18   #8810
rossonero1
AC Milan Icon

According to calciomercato.com, in recent days the AC Milan has met Fabio Parisi, who takes care of Max Meyer's interests in Italy. Milan really likes Meyer, but it will not be easy. On the player there is also Arsenal, looking for a substitute for Wilshere if the English national leaves. Wilshere is also liked by Milan, should he leave Arsenal.
Old 14-03-2018, 15:29   #8811
Congo Powers
humble monza supporter

Fav. Players: Silvio Berlusconi, Rui Costa, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, KPB, Mario, Cutrone

can we buy paul pogba this summer?
Old 14-03-2018, 15:37   #8812
rossonero1
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Congo Powers View Post
100m man

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JquYCKUnL4c
Old 14-03-2018, 15:39   #8813
rossonero1
AC Milan Icon

Another freebie Milan should look at for the wing is Bernard from Shaktar. Then go sign another winger with transfer funds as well. He could be a free, younger version of Papu Gomez.
Old 14-03-2018, 15:44   #8814
IL Diavolo 3
Fester

Quote:

Nocerino is a free agent. Nocerino is more proven tho.

Signature
Quote:
Originally Posted by .A.K. View Post
if gattuso was coach last year full season he would win serie a
Old 14-03-2018, 15:44   #8815
Alec
Football Idiot Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossonero1 View Post
Another freebie Milan should look at for the wing is Bernard from Shaktar. Then go sign another winger with transfer funds as well. He could be a free, younger version of Papu Gomez.
Free, versatile and could give our attack some extra bite - what's not to like? Agree, we definitely need to entertain this option.

Signature
Old 14-03-2018, 15:45   #8816
Qaas
Mystery Guy

Fav. Players: KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi

Quote:
No, why would I?

Hahah, you mentioned allsvenskan. I thought only svenskere/scandinavians knew about that garbage league.

Signature
Old 14-03-2018, 15:46   #8817
Qaas
Mystery Guy

Quote:
Impossible..sadly out of our league + donnaraiola is his agent

Signature
Old 14-03-2018, 15:50   #8818
ibelongtomilan
Bohemian Rhapsody

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lord Snow View Post
Did you guys even realise by spending 6 Million gross on Pepe Reina, Mirabelli has
1) saved the club from spending inflated sums of money on Donnarumma replacements
2) keep telling raiola to go find clubs who would pay 100 million
3) if Donna does stay, all he has to do is pay a decent backup player 6 million in squad cost to guarantee a payout of 100 million

Mirabelli just played a masterstroke.
actually quite a smart move tbh
btw it still doesnt solve the root of the problem with dollar, the moaning circle will keep continuing until he gets sold ( as long as his agent is still raiola )
Old 14-03-2018, 15:57   #8819
Alec
Football Idiot Savant

Quote:
Originally Posted by Qaas View Post
Hahah, you mentioned allsvenskan. I thought only svenskere/scandinavians knew about that garbage league.
How can you talk down on one of the premier competitions in world football?

Signature
Old 14-03-2018, 16:05   #8820
mato
World Cup Winner

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossonero1 View Post
According to calciomercato.com, in recent days the AC Milan has met Fabio Parisi, who takes care of Max Meyer's interests in Italy. Milan really likes Meyer, but it will not be easy. On the player there is also Arsenal, looking for a substitute for Wilshere if the English national leaves. Wilshere is also liked by Milan, should he leave Arsenal.
Wilshere + Meyer would be awsome. We could finally get rid of Montoleavo and Mauri.
Closed Thread