The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > Other > Off Topic

Off Topic You can talk here about everything that doesn't fit in the rest of the forums (movies, music, games etc.)

View Poll Results: Who's the player of the decade?
Sachin Tendulkar 18 38.30%
Shane Warne 6 12.77%
Muthiah Muralitharan 2 4.26%
Ricky Ponting 2 4.26%
Brian Lara 6 12.77%
Anil Kumble 1 2.13%
Rahul Dravid 2 4.26%
Glenn McGrath 0 0%
Inzamam-ul-Haq 4 8.51%
Jacques Kallis 3 6.38%
Graeme Smith 0 0%
Shaun Pollock 1 2.13%
Andrew Flintoff 1 2.13%
Other 1 2.13%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Old 09-03-2018, 00:57   #1781
Don_Jacare
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez

Warner is a fuckwit. I am australian and i despise him. But he is the kind of fuckwit you need in the team. He has the fighting spirit.
Don_Jacare is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-03-2018, 19:09   #1782
Dinar
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: Maldini, Baggio, Pippo, Kaka, Shearer, Rino, Ambro, Dida, Thiago

Also kind of fuckwit who (one of the team leader) won't hesitate in putting a rookie's (Bancroft) career on the line at team's expense 😑
Dinar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2018, 05:28   #1783
Jammin
Il Signore

Oh wow! Ball tampering? From the Aussies???

Couldn't have happened to a nicer bunch of sportsmen

Jammin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2018, 06:45   #1784
Dinar
AC Milan Icon

Would have been a great week to mock English for their 58 but Aussies ruined it ��
Old 25-03-2018, 07:46   #1785
necromancer
Defence of Champions

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Didn’t Sachin T ball tamper pretty obviously and then everyone was like ‘racism!’?

What a silly sport.

Signature
Rino Reign
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-03-2018, 08:04   #1786
Jammin
Il Signore

Should just accept ball tampering as part of the game, like diving in football
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dinar View Post
Would have been a great week to mock English for their 58 but Aussies ruined it ��
Loooool England, wtf happened there?
Old 26-03-2018, 01:46   #1787
Don_Jacare
AC Milan Icon

Fav. Players: cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez

What a joke. Pathetic.

Sachin tampered? I know wasim did though.
Old 26-03-2018, 13:20   #1788
van Basten
Banned

Fav. Players: Schmeichel, Maldini, Maradona and ME

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Jacare View Post
I know wasim did though.
Bro, pls! So many of our players were abt to be banned by our OWN board that ICC got involved to tell them that its no laughing matter, they straight up told Pak that if they suspend so many, then ICC will expel Pak from ICC tournaments. Thats why only Salim Malik was forced to retire and a handful of small timers disciplined.

The Judge in his sentencing said that Wasim was his all time fav player and that he cudnt bring himself to be harsh with Wasim
van Basten is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2018, 14:06   #1789
Massaro94
Banned

Fav. Players: Michael Oliver

Everyone did it... some better than others.

Remember back in 92 after the WC, Pk came to Eng for a test match series... as usual PK smashed em ... but the series was marred by accusations of ball tamperinng due to Eng being bowled out so easily by the 2 W's

FF 25 years and the English players themselves admit to tampering with the ball.. but they still had no idea of how to utilise reverse swing

Think the docu was called Pace Like Fire Wasim & Waqar (sky sports)
Massaro94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2018, 14:23   #1790
joyrider
Il Moderati

Waqar Younis was amazing.
joyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26-03-2018, 15:32   #1791
Jammin
Il Signore

Sachin was a misunderstanding I think. He was cleaning grass from the seam but did it without showing the umpire.

Afridi is the absolute connoisseur of ball tampering.
Old 26-03-2018, 15:55   #1792
Dinar
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by van Basten View Post
Bro, pls! So many of our players were abt to be banned by our OWN board that ICC got involved to tell them that its no laughing matter, they straight up told Pak that if they suspend so many, then ICC will expel Pak from ICC tournaments. Thats why only Salim Malik was forced to retire and a handful of small timers disciplined.

The Judge in his sentencing said that Wasim was his all time fav player and that he cudnt bring himself to be harsh with Wasim
Are u talking about ball tempering or match fixing?
Old 26-03-2018, 16:36   #1793
van Basten
Banned

Yes. Match Fixing.

The way Australia dominated cricket, we had the talent to do that but better! But our players chose friendship with bookies over sporting glory
Old 26-03-2018, 17:31   #1794
Don_Jacare
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Massaro94 View Post
Everyone did it... some better than others.

Remember back in 92 after the WC, Pk came to Eng for a test match series... as usual PK smashed em ... but the series was marred by accusations of ball tamperinng due to Eng being bowled out so easily by the 2 W's

FF 25 years and the English players themselves admit to tampering with the ball.. but they still had no idea of how to utilise reverse swing

Think the docu was called Pace Like Fire Wasim & Waqar (sky sports)
my favourite bowlers are wasim and waqar. Mohammed amir can be as good as them if not better but the kid is a nutcase. Reverse swing kings indeed. Greatest bowlers of all time by far. hands down. just add saqlain to that list. Pakistan consistently have produced some of the finest bowlers of all time.
Shoaibh, sami, gul were all great at one point and shoaibh was an absolute beast in his prime. Still suspect his action but damn he was amazing to watch. Even now they have some good talent. wahab (not a talent anymore but he is world class). i know wahab has under performed recently but when he is in form he is top notch. Cant remember the rest. Junaid khan? i remember him bowling 140 plus. I just adore fast bowling. Pakistan, australia and south africa have definitely unearthed world class fast bowlers on a consistent basis. South africa have rabada, ngidi (more swing not express though) but you should watch their domestic league. My partner is south african and we sometimes tune into domestic sunfoil cricket. They have heaps of talent there.
Old 26-03-2018, 17:43   #1795
Don_Jacare
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by joyrider View Post
Waqar Younis was amazing.
easily one of the greatest of all time. Dint he have the best bowling average in odi iirc. Not sure but someone else can confirm this stat. wasim waqar and shoaibh. Wasim could bat too. We had lee, gillespie and mcgrath. Now we have starc, hazelwood and cummins. Honestly i think our current bowling attack is far superior to the bowlers we had at our disposal during the golden era of aussies. Right now we lack all rounders like we did in the past and quality batsmen apart from smith and warner.
Old 26-03-2018, 20:22   #1796
Jammin
Il Signore

Rabada is a huuuge talent

Old 27-03-2018, 00:16   #1797
necromancer
Defence of Champions

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jammin View Post
Sachin was a misunderstanding I think. He was cleaning grass from the seam but did it without showing the umpire.

Afridi is the absolute connoisseur of ball tampering.

Check out the video. Sachin was clearly picking at the seam repeatedly. Bcci made a big fuss and changed the charge.

Signature
Rino Reign
necromancer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-03-2018, 09:32   #1798
Don_Jacare
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by van Basten View Post
Yes. Match Fixing.

The way Australia dominated cricket, we had the talent to do that but better! But our players chose friendship with bookies over sporting glory
No lol. You had great bowling. Thats it. No version of the greatest pakistani side can beat prime goksen era 2003 aussies. 2000-2006 we were untouchable. With or without cheating, we just had world class players in every position. Even wasim and waqar wouldnt be able to stop us.
Old 27-03-2018, 13:38   #1799
van Basten
Banned

^^ Lol!

Line and length, that is all McGrath had. No imagination at all. Shane Warne? he openly admits to Abdul Qadir being is cricketing (spin) father.

Wasim had 6 different deliveries for his over... and Ask Graeme Hick if anyone cud pick Waqar's late swing. Add to that Shoaib Akhtar

Those 3 wud go through any team like a blowlamp through butter... including Aus!

We had batsmens - We had our own Brian Lara in Saeed Anwar. Mohd. Yousuf, Inzi, Javed Miandad

And fuck Marvel's Capt - You shud checkout who is Pak's Cricket Captain

A score of 280 and I wud fancy us against a true World XI let alone any one nation

Last edited by van Basten; 27-03-2018 at 14:58.
Old 27-03-2018, 13:46   #1800
van Basten
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Don_Jacare View Post
No lol. You had great bowling. Thats it. No version of the greatest pakistani side can beat prime goksen era 2003 aussies. 2000-2006 we were untouchable. With or without cheating, we just had world class players in every position. Even wasim and waqar wouldnt be able to stop us.
2000-2006?

Yr dominance began in the back-end of Allan Border's career, stayed with you through the Steve Waugh era and Ricky Pointing's, too

Last edited by van Basten; 27-03-2018 at 13:49.