Official Basketball thread(NBA; EuroLeague etc)

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Sorry senatore, but paul should join clippers :o

Paul with Blake and DJ, OMG alley-oop fest :star:

LOL, Celtics does remind you to milan in some way.

You still don't get it do you. The clippers are the WORST run organization in sports. There owner is literally the worlds preiminent scumbag. He's in multi-lawsuits being sued over racial profiling, lol.

All that aside, he's a cheap fucker. He's NEVER paid the luxury tax despite being in LA. Every player would go to LA or NY. Biggest cities, most to do, etc. But why do the clippers always suck?

He refuses to pay people.

See i get your point. Blake is better than anyone the warriors have. EG is awesome too. And they have minnesota's 2012 first rd pick UNPROTECTED. It will be top 5-6, and every scout has said 2012 will be best draft since lebron, wade, bosh, melo etc. Another scout said the projected top 10 players would have all gone BEFORE #1 this year, so yes... that pick is probably the most valuable commodity in a trade. New Orleans wants to rebuild, they want to stockpile young players who make nothing and see which develop.

So as far as a realistic basis goes, clippers have best trade pieces (Bledsoe, aminu, 2012 pick) AND best core- Blake, EG.

But Sterlings cheap. DeAndre Jordan is about to get 8-10 million a year. In 1 year Blake is due a monster extension like Durant got. And CP3 will make max money. To fill the roster with crappy players he'll have to pay luxury tax. As time goes on, he'll have to pay LAkers level luxury tax.

He won't do it. He's proven to be a cheap bastard too much....

-----

On the flipside, my warriors new owners have hired mark jackson, mike malone (who they outbid Lakers for), Jerry West, Bob Myers (high profile agent like Raiola). They are serious.

1. is a hollywood produce- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Guber
2. the other is a VC partner- http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Joe_Lacob

They WANT to spend luxury tax. They WANT to be like celtics, lakers, mavericks.

Everyone knows our current roster is mediocre. But thing is,they enherited it + all the contracts (DLee- 6 year/80 mil, monta 3/33 mil, biedrins- anything, lol... 3/27). so it'll take some work to flip the roster a bit, but for first time in my life, i feel good to be a warriors fan.

I'll take hungry management anyway. After 17 years of Chris Cohan rule, the 2nd worst owner in NBA to sterling... anything is great.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Sources said that the Hornets have actually been trying to convince the Warriors to part with Curry since before last season's trade deadline in February. But the Warriors could only stomach the inclusion of Curry if they knew Paul would extend his contract as part of the trade or at least commit to invoking his option for the 2012-13 season. According to sources, Golden State has received no such promises.
via ESPN (Marc Stein/Chris Broussard)
--

shit's getting real.

New Orleans wants Curry

Lakers are offering Pau, no way they want him. He's 31. What's pau going to do on a rebuilding team? Only young player Lakers have is Bynum, and they won't trade him for Paul

Saber Rider

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
You are from abroad, why you like Milan? With your logic only Italians have the right to be Milan fans.
I'm a Lakers fan way before Kobe, way before Shaq, so please... shut up!

Senatore fails to realize that there's only one great NBA franchise that wears yellow uniforms, and that one has nothing to do with Philadelphia. :)
LAL always have top players and that is man reason why they have the most success in last 40 years. Same as Milan/Barca/Real/Utd in last 20 years of european football. That explains why people outside of Europe usually cheer for these clubs.
Anyway Howard goes to LAL, CP3 to NYK. I will be shocked if something else happens.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Senatore fails to realize that there's only one great NBA franchise that wears yellow uniforms, and that one has nothing to do with Philadelphia. :)
LAL always have top players and that is man reason why they have the most success in last 40 years. Same as Milan/Barca/Real/Utd in last 20 years of european football. That explains why people outside of Europe usually cheer for these clubs.
Anyway Howard goes to LAL, CP3 to NYK. I will be shocked if something else happens.

Senatore is born and raised in the bay area... oakland, berkeley, san francisco and surrounding areas.

Senatore has gone to Warrior games since he was born, and has more attachment to the team than Milan or any of you do to Milan.

---

I think the attitude of bandwagon'ing 'successful teams' is very pathetic. If I wasn't taken to Milan games as a child visiting family, i'd NEVER be a milan fan. I can confirm that.

Maybe I think differently than you, but i'm a loyal guy.

I will never like the Lakers, you can confirm that too. Natural rival.
---

At Lakers being only good franchise, give me a break. The Lakers will always be relevant because they are in LA and have good ownership. That's it. LA/NY are the biggest cities in USA and most popular. Players will always want to go there. The ownership is the key though.

Look at NY, they have the money, the desire of players but ownership who makes continuos bad decisions...

That said, teams rise and fall all the time....
-Celtics 10 years or irrelevance
-Lakers decade+ of irrelevance with Eddie jones and vlade

----

It's not surprising, since Cuban bought the Mavs have been 'good'. They had 2-3 bad years in beginning when he was getting everything in place, good coaching, good management/scouts etc. (these things take time). Then in his 3rd year he got dirk and nash and was set.

----

-----

About to finalize my season tickets :o

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Just got my Warrior tickets.

I had to go with an 8 game plan.....I MIGHT add another 8 to it, but for now I got tickets to

12/26- Chicago Bulls
12/28- New York Knicks
1/10- Miami Heat
1/12- Orlando Magic
1/23- Memphis Grizzlies
1/27- OKC Thunder
2/20- The LA Blakes
3/14- Boston Celtics

Probably going to sell heat tickets. They will sell for triple. I can finance more tickets that way. I've seen Lebron, Wade and Bosh live before (granted on different teams :lol:)

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Weah, Albertini, Maldini, Nesta, Becks
I am a gloryhunter :o

Bulls fan since Luc Longley.
Milan fan since Massimo Taibi (first spell).

But I stand firm by my team through thick and thin. I lived through Roy Rodgers, Randy Brown, Brent Barry, Bill Wennington and superstar era of Jalen Rose, worlds greatest PG and motorcyclist Jay Williams, remarkable Kirk Hinrich and Luca Antonini.

Haters gonna hate :o

Last edited:

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
legend

antoine-walker.jpg

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Kobe is one of my favorite players so I don't hate the Lakers and plus they are not a direct rival for the Knicks but :gun::uzikill:The Celtics and the Heat :thumbsdown::thumbsdown:

Saber Rider

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Senatore is born and raised in the bay area... oakland, berkeley, san francisco and surrounding areas.

Senatore has gone to Warrior games since he was born, and has more attachment to the team than Milan or any of you do to Milan.

Sure. But you failed to see a sarcasm.

I think the attitude of bandwagon'ing 'successful teams' is very pathetic. If I wasn't taken to Milan games as a child visiting family, i'd NEVER be a milan fan. I can confirm that.

Maybe I think differently than you, but i'm a loyal guy.

I will never like the Lakers, you can confirm that too. Natural rival.

I don't have problem with that, but you have it. It's not about loving LA, it's about disrespecting them. I'm a UJazz fan, but LAL are the best NBA club of all times. And I said that they are "the only one great team with yellow uniforms" in NBA. Not that they are "the only one great team in entire world" or something like that. Read some posts before you reply over them.:fp:

Look at NY, they have the money, the desire of players but ownership who makes continuos bad decisions...

That said, teams rise and fall all the time....
-Celtics 10 years or irrelevance
-Lakers decade+ of irrelevance with Eddie jones and vlade

They were irrelevant from Magic's retirement until O'Neal&Bryant era. And that's their longest period of irrelevance. C's hadn't existed from 1989-2007 if I recall well.
NY is a pure example how your club can't be great just if it has big budget.

It's not surprising, since Cuban bought the Mavs have been 'good'. They had 2-3 bad years in beginning when he was getting everything in place, good coaching, good management/scouts etc. (these things take time). Then in his 3rd year he got dirk and nash and was set.

And when this squad gets more mileage, they'll need some years to do regrouping and refreshing team - so we should look at their irrelevance factor.:)

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
aye, lakers are a natural rival. You'll have to understand i'll never like em. Everything about he organization is trash, along with the city they live in. I'd never live in LA ;)

Celts still have more titles throughout history though.

Anyway,

I think Howard will end up a Laker, though I'm not 100% positive.

Paul should end up a knick, but that's not so easy. He'll have to take FAR less than Amare and Melo. He'll have to walk away from 30+ million, something Melo and Amare didn't have to.

New rules and huge contracts are sticking the knicks.

What sucks for knicks is if they just waited they could have had Paul + Howard + 1 of other 2. Classic Dolan errors
---

We'll see. I actually won't rule Dallas out. I think they'll take Deron.

Right now Dallas is not renewing Chandler or Barea. Next summer they will have ALOT of cap room. They will be able to get Deron and possibility of Dirk opting out and getting Dwight, then resigning Dirk.

I think Dallas might be the key spot in 2012.

---

Other free agent news-

-According to a report, Butler will decide between the Chicago Bulls, New Jersey Nets, or Los Angeles Clippers should he decide not to sign with San Antonio.

San Antonio and Chicago are offering Butler the $5 million mid-level exception, while the Nets and the Clippers are in the $7 million-a-year range.

-Houston, Pacers and Nets are favorite for Nene

-Warriors are all in for Chandler (according to our officials. He was at SF football game sunday with our owners. He's met with Mark Jackson, our coach twice, and our assistant GM was his agent's boss. They have been meeting all week)

Not sold on Tyson Chandler deal. Obviously a good player but warriors are about to give him silly money. Way more than a defensive center deserves.....

-Heat are talking to Shannon Brown and Kwame Brown

Amensty news-
-Spurs have amnestied Richard Jefferson
-Portland MIGHT amnesty Brandon Roy

Last edited:

ReBorned

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Il Capitano!
Knicks are joke! They always have been a joke! Knicks are like English national team in football for me. They always think they have it but they are :lol:

Redman10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The Knicks management wants Howard or Paul but we don't have bargaining chips to acquire those players unless we give up on of Amare or Melo and we don't want to do that. We also don't have the cap room to sign them unless they give up about 15-20 million dollars which is possible but unlikely IMO.

There is an idea floating around Amare for Howard. I really like Amare and don't wish to lose him but Howard give us the interior defense and rebounding, a weakness we had for years.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
The Knicks management wants Howard or Paul but we don't have bargaining chips to acquire those players unless we give up on of Amare or Melo and we don't want to do that. We also don't have the cap room to sign them unless they give up about 15-20 million dollars which is possible but unlikely IMO.

There is an idea floating around Amare for Howard. I really like Amare and don't wish to lose him but Howard give us the interior defense and rebounding, a weakness we had for years.

Yeah, i like the knicks but it seems to me Dolan was too impatient.

Too impatient on Melo deal,when you could have gotten him for free in the summer. Too impatient to get anyone and overpaid Amare etc.

fertygo

Battering Striker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Bierhoff, Pippo Inzaghi, Eto'o, Nedved.
So GS don't want to gave up Curry for CP, weird... why they bother in first place then?

Last edited:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
So GS don't want to gave up Curry for CP, weird... why they bother in first place then?

Posturing/negotiating

-They don't want to give up Curry without a CP3 extension (makes sense)

-Clippers don't want to give up Gordon or Jordan without a cp3 extension (makes sense)

Basically.... would you morgage your team/future for a guy who could jump ship in 8 monthS? Awful ballsy....

Also, since everyone knows Paul is gone in summer, every team is trying to give the least possible for him.

Here's a great article on possible CP3 Scenerios-
http://www.grantland.com/story/_/id/7327616/the-fourth-day-nba-christmas

He hits all the scenarios (OKC, Boston, LAL, LAC, GSW).

His points are pretty dead on.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
And now, my warriors are dissapointing-

Warriors Not Expecting Chandler To Sign, Will Likely Turn To Nene, Jordan
Dec 08, 2011 1:47 PM EST

The Warriors believe that they are all but out of the hunt for Tyson Chandler, according to sources.

The Knicks quickly emerged as the leading contender for Chandler on Thursday.

Golden State is expected to look elsewhere.

The Warriors could look to Nene, or Sam Amick reports that DeAndre Jordan would be in play.

Via Matt Steinmetz/CSN Bay Area

Read more: http://basketball.realgm.com/wireta...Will_Likely_Turn_To_Nene_Jordan#ixzz1fyMnIGgF

Knicks would amnesty Chauncey, sign Chandler.

They would be without a PG and all their money would be going to melo, amare, chandler so no chance at Paul UNLESS they dump one of the 3...

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Jamal Crawford back to the Bulls?

Interesting... and I´d take it.

The problem is still Boozer. I doubt he can achieve the heights needed to win it. If Boozer steps up then I wouldn´t mind Aron Afflalo... defense first and good shooter.

Last edited:

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Jamal Crawford back to the Bulls?

Interesting... and I´d take it.

The problem is still Boozer. I doubt he can achieve the heights needed to win it. If Boozer steps up then I wouldn´t mind Aron Afflalo... defense first and good shooter.

I think Aflalo is better than Crawford.

Afflalo's overall game still is underrated. He was the most efficient scorer among SG's last year. He can score everywhere. He has it in him to be like Ray Allen, as he can finish at the rim (67% at the rim).

Also, remember how good korver is making shots from Rose? Well Afflalo can do it just as well, but since he's a top defender, you can keep him in the game for 36+ minutes unlike Korver.

I remember him at UCLA, and he was a star, it's just taking him a few years.

So I Think he'll be a break out performer as he got better as season went on and without Melo.

and not to read into it too much, but he's apparently been working out like crazy during lock out, and reports are he's one of most inshape/ready players in NBA (opposite example- Tyreke Evans was reported 15lbs overweight)

Crawford has more variety to his game, and more moves, but that doesn't always mean better. He is very streaky, hot cold, and costs teams sometimes.

---

However Denver own his rights. He's restricted FA (like Marc Gasol) which means they can match ANY offer he receives and keep him.

So even if chicago offer him full MLE, if Denver matches it, he has to stay in denver, by rules.

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I read not a lot of trust in Kyrie Irving. Doubtful that he will step it up so quickly.

But on the long run compared to Chris Paul? I haven´t seen a lot of his games so far. Just a few from Duke. And he didn´t play a lot of games.

Either way Kyrie awesome this year or not Cleveland have no chance of getting in to the Playoffs. I would amnesty Baron Davis and start to build on a new team.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
I read not a lot of trust in Kyrie Irving. Doubtful that he will step it up so quickly.

But on the long run compared to Chris Paul? I haven´t seen a lot of his games so far. Just a few from Duke. And he didn´t play a lot of games.

Either way Kyrie awesome this year or not Cleveland have no chance of getting in to the Playoffs. I would amnesty Baron Davis and start to build on a new team.

Nah

Kyrie is good, a natural PG but no where near Paul potential or even Deron Williams I think. He's closer to Deron in style though, since he's 6ft3+, pretty big for a teen (not Deron big but maybe with time), not super athletic but has a good jumper.

I think he'll be a good player, it's hard to project him having star upside though. It's hard to project though, since he only played 7 games.

I like him, but no doubt it was a WEAK draft in another year he might go 8-10th.

Like I said, 2012 is considered a huge draft. One scout said there are 10 guys who would be picked 1st if it was 2011. That's why a lot of teams are trying to re-build and tank

fertygo

Battering Striker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
OK, count me in for lakers hate.
seriously... fuck them n stern.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Fuck the lakers.

Honesyl. FUUUCKKK YOU DAVID STERN. Incase you didn't know nba owns hornets cause they're bankrupt.

The answer? Trade your best player. One of top 5 players in nba. For what? Oh that's right.... kevin martin, luis scola and lamar odom. Who are owed 100 mil over 3 years (muuuch more than paul). Are not nearly as good players). Oh btw 2 players they got are both over 30 and play same fucking position

Typical nba collusion to help lakers. Just like in 2002 v kings when ref who went to jail admitted it was fuxed.

And to add kicker- now I have to hate my fav player :(
Honestly stern makes berlusconi look like mother theresa

fertygo

Battering Striker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
There is still hope the deal's off! :star:

mother of god... this shouldn't happen

Shiby

Bandwagon hopper
Reaction score
Fav. Players
You gotta be fucking kidding me.

D-Will >>> Paul :o

Last edited:

fertygo

Battering Striker
Reaction score
Fav. Players
LOL Lakers so fucked up now, Odom seem crushed as hell n now the deal is fail

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
Somehow howard will end up in la too.

Sterns such a fuckface. Rigged shit. He's ALWAYS pushed big markets

What the fuck was point of lockout. Competitive balance my ass

Schedule