The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Matches

AC Milan Matches Talk about AC Milan's matches, post your comments, your views on the team performance, line-ups, etc. Find out the latest live AC Milan streams.

Old 25-08-2019, 19:50   #1241
mumbojumbo
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Colossus View Post
I wish I knew how to make videos and edit them to explain tbh

You're one of my favourite posters and a great analyst, but I think I'm convinced Hakan is your son or something as I don't think you are being as objective as you usually are for whatever reason when it comes to him

I mentioned those other guys failings in another post above but had to disagree with you that Hakan was ok. He was poor and not suited to the role and didn't interpret it properly.

As far as Giampaolo scrapping the 4312.....I actually don't mind that he recognises the issues of trying to fit square pegs into round holes and is willing to be tactically flexible rather than be one of those philosopher type coaches who don't adapt at all. It would have been nice if he experimented with other systems in preseason rather than playing one and then deciding to change after the first competitive game.
going to 4 3 3 is really a stupid move at this point. it's better if he benches suso, hakan, borini and samu.

Try this for the next game.
starting from the midfield

kessie - bennacer - bona

paqueta

leao - piatek.
mumbojumbo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2019, 19:51   #1242
dcfcfan1
AC Milan Legend

If we go 4-3-3 we are finished,

Giampolo has to stick to his system and play the correct players, get correra and play paq in AM not fucking suso
dcfcfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2019, 19:52   #1243
Colossus
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Zidane, Shevchenko, Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Xavi, Scholes, Montolivo, Modric, Thiago Silva

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
Biglia was a HUGE loss. We would have probably been talking a different story now had he been fit. He is a natural at regista. Hakan would have played in his natural position for 90 minutes.

However, it is a fact that Biglia is injury-prone. We should have prepared better for such eventualities.
I agree....I'm not even a fan of Biglia but he at least understands the movements and when he has to play quickly or to whom.
Colossus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2019, 19:52   #1244
Master Smurf
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Cutrone

Quote:
Originally Posted by necromancer View Post
Well in case we do move to 4-3-3, we mustn't sell Kessie. And we mustn't buy Correa, but should get back in the market for a goalscoring left winger.

This could change our whole market in the next 7 days.
If it took him the whole summer and preseason to realize this and willing to change now then he is dumber than rocks. People talked about he was so smart - he couldve logged on here, talked to any coach and found out Suso can only play one place

He had Piatek all preparation and what we saw today - same isolation. In the second half his big tactical change was just switching him from left to right, he needed 45 minutes for that???

Formation doesnt matter with regards to Kessie because the other options are worse. You only sell Kessie to get you money to buy who you need. Put up or shut up time for management.
Master Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2019, 19:53   #1245
Albertini
AC Milan Icon

I've never seen a more pathetic opening game of the season . Shocking from giampaolo. Shocking statement, attitude during pre-season, performance today, everything.

Signature
Albertini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2019, 19:53   #1246
SempreKaka
Rookie

We had a lot of problems, but the biggest was that the midfield was too static/rigid and didn't create space. They stayed in a fixed diamond the whole time. We literally stood there and passed from position to position with no movement.

Nobody moved between the defenders to get open for a pass, and when one person was receiving the pass, nobody else was simultaneously moving into space to receive a one-touch pass to unlock the defense.

That's how all good teams play.

All of the midfielders were guilty of this, but especially Hakan. It's as if the coach told him not to move from his position. He had the biggest opportunity for improvement. Udinese dropped a midfielder to mark Suso tightly. It would have been so easy to play the ball into Suso and have Hakan sneak into the space next to or behind Suso for the one-touch layoff. But Hakan refused to move.
SempreKaka is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2019, 19:54   #1247
VooDooDoll
))<>((

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samaldinho View Post
Play Hakan as a CAM, you dumbshit. You fucking started Borini as a RCM, when he's never played that way before. Random pre-season game? I don't give a shit, play Piatek as a GK, whatever.

Today was on Giampaolo. I was respectful of Gattuso when I didn't like what he was doing, because he started getting results and he deserved it for the stature he has for this club.

But Giampaolo is on my fucking nerve. I don't give a shit about pre-season, but his response to today?

Leao looked 1000% better than Samu. Samu did one (actually two) cool turns. That's it.

Suso sucks. Sell him for 25, it's all capital gains, so who gives a shit? He's a cancer, he's lazy, and he sucks.

I'm furious now. Giampaolo better win the next game. If he starts switching between 4312 and 433 he's going to be doomed like Montella. That's sort of bullshit gets you fired.
shocking is coach was ok with suso as tq when everyone normal who watch serieA knew it wont work.
you cant be slow, weak and obvious as tq in calcio because its most crowded place on pitch - its not epl, laliga type of league with a lot of open play and open space.
and there was no reaction from him to force calabria (and rr if its even possible) to play higher ... and rather ask borini to cover defense ...

it f.. one big mess.

Signature

VooDooDoll is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2019, 19:57   #1248
hopetorture
Primavera Player

Quote:
Originally Posted by mumbojumbo View Post
going to 4 3 3 is really a stupid move at this point. it's better if he benches suso, hakan, borini and samu.

Try this for the next game.
starting from the midfield

kessie - bennacer - bona

paqueta

leao - piatek.
its not fucking fifa. its the league ffs. how is our coach not trying any other formation preseason? come 1st game and he experiments with hakan as regista too when we just bought one. and magically realizes after the 1st game that we need to change formation? guess what, transfer targets too..comedy.
this interview, though honest, is giving maldoban a headache.
hopetorture is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2019, 19:58   #1249
theduck7
AC Milan Legend

Imagine buying new players in pre season. Spending a full pre season supposedly implementing a style then scrapping it and using exactly the same players as the previous coach then panicking after conceding and putting on new players. Is that shit acceptable? Is that shit managing?

Signature

The Mighty Meelan
theduck7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2019, 19:59   #1250
remote2book
Sea206

Fav. Players: Maldini, Inzaghi, kaka, SES, Balo,T.silva, seedorf

man..I am watching the genoa-roma and brescia-cagliari and my god, every one of these teams look better then us, its like they know what they are doing, actually playing football

Signature
remote2book is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2019, 20:00   #1251
Master Smurf
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Cutrone

All I know - any idiot that blissfully posts we dont know more or better than the coach who sees the the players everday etc etc.....just direct them to today and these words of our current coach.
Master Smurf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2019, 20:00   #1252
theduck7
AC Milan Legend

Maldini and Boban are taking this one too, why haven’t we secured targets? Why haven’t we finished out transfers before the first game. Looking at this game before it should’ve been 3 points to us on paper-Yet another disaster. Expect full on panic mode bringing in players before the end of the window and overpaying-laughable really

Signature

The Mighty Meelan
Old 25-08-2019, 20:02   #1253
theduck7
AC Milan Legend

Watching that today I already want him sacked. Overreaction probably but man it was laughable-so amateur

Signature

The Mighty Meelan
Old 25-08-2019, 20:05   #1254
dcfcfan1
AC Milan Legend

Mauldini, boban and giampolo all need sacking

All ******s
dcfcfan1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2019, 20:10   #1255
Samaldinho
AC Milan Icon

Giampaolo should be given time, of course, but his decisions are stupid as fuck.

Gattuso made tough choices, but most of the time, he made the best choice from a bunch of shit decisions.

Giampaolo has more choices, and he made a bunch of shit ones. The more I think about the fact that he fucking started Borini and Samu, the madder I get.

Suso as CAM? Okay, I hate him, but okay. Hakan as regista? I get it. Not ideal, but I get it.

Samu got so much time in pre-season as a SS. He sucked in every game. It's like he got positioning right, he didn't move right, he didn't do tricks, but then get blocked, he didn't create danger, nothing.

The job of the SS is to create danger, that's what that position does. To unsettle and move the defense, and Samu doesn't do shit.

Suso lost the ball almost every time he got it. Through balls are going to be overhit, underhit, whatever, that happens. But we're talking about, him holding onto the ball.

Remember when we (myself included) wanted to strangle Bonaventura for holding onto the ball too long? Bonaventura looks like Seedorf in comparison to Suso.

Hopefully Giampaolo gets his shit together, because this isn't Sampdoria where people forget about your results. And you had players sitting on the bench who would've made a difference!

Borini as a RCM. Fucking Borini.
Samaldinho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2019, 20:12   #1256
Caladan
Rookie

Quote:
Originally Posted by Noyon9s View Post
Marco Giampaolo (Milan)
“Aside from the result, because losing is never good, clearly the game didn’t give me many positive indications,” Giampaolo told Sky Sport Italia.

“You can usually read what the team does well or less well. I go beyond the result and will try to analyse deeper on how the match progressed, our interpretation of certain tactics and different characteristics.

“There are many things here that I need to reflect on. Possession needs to develop into attacking moves more, but it probably wasn’t our fault as such, but rather because Udinese have certain characteristics when defending that make it difficult to play against.

“I reflect on the game, on the ability of the three upfront to develop what I want to see, or if perhaps I am trying to get them to do something that just isn’t in their nature.

“My vision of Milan is very different. It’s not just Suso and Castillejo, but Piatek too. He has the movements of a centre-forward.

“Suso is an extraordinary player, but he probably has different characteristics and we need to get them to play in their natural roles. We’ll have to work on it and certainly in a different way, probably 4-3-3.

“It’s not their fault, they have tried really hard, but I mustn’t try to transform their very nature. That is not my job. I have to make the most of these players and their qualities.

“Until today, we didn’t see that so clearly. I thought at the start that it was just Suso becoming a trequartista, but we have to look beyond that, take some principles and try to completely reorganise everything upfront.

“Even if we had won the game, that would be the case. We are sterile, I don’t like the movements in attack, this team is not suited to this football.”

Gattuso come back. I want mention that our transfers are shit, but Giampaolo is smarter than Montella who taught he will play his own football................

Again another year zero.
Caladan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2019, 20:12   #1257
Donato
The Wise One

Fav. Players: Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato

Just watched the game and I’ll I can say is that was as pathetic as it gets. From the players he picked to the tactics absolutely disgusting. I know it’s the first game but we looked like relegation fodder for 60% of that game and the other 40% was barely much better.

We have way too much one dimensional or one footed players in this team. Suso, Rodriguez & Samu all one footed and can’t do anything with their opposites, Paqueta you can pretty much add to that list.

Then you have players out of position in Suso, Samu and Borini.. absolutely embarrassing. Suso is not a trequarista. Borini is not a midfielder and Samu is possibly the worst fodder we’ve had in years and that’s saying something. Leao should be starting over Samu all day of the week.

Our biggest problem for the last decade has been midfield. Once again we haven’t addressed the problem, Bennacer might turn out to be a great signing but I’m certain Krunic is depth at best. Once again this season we will be relying on the useless Hakan, a raw Kessie, an injury-proned Biglia and an out of position Suso.

I was optimistic before today but it looks like it’s going to be another frustrating season. We’ve pretty much got the same players as the previous two seasons and they’re all not good enough.

Signature
🔴⚫️ The Sleeping Giant Is About To Be Woken, the sleeping giant just hit snooze on its alarm 🔴⚫️

Donato is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2019, 20:14   #1258
Albertini
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Originally Posted by theduck7 View Post
Imagine buying new players in pre season. Spending a full pre season supposedly implementing a style then scrapping it and using exactly the same players as the previous coach then panicking after conceding and putting on new players. Is that shit acceptable? Is that shit managing?
That's the way to be a weak manager.

I was particularly amused by his line "I can't change these players" as if it's the players that need changeing not his stupid attitude.

Signature
Albertini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2019, 20:15   #1259
MilanMB
Serendipity

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Romagnoli.

All this for one game? Relax, sit back and watch this team get better for each match day.

Signature
GOAT
MilanMB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-08-2019, 20:18   #1260
manfromGrenada
Primavera Player

The coaches reasoning for playing the same players as pre-season totally backfired. He is backpedaling on his system and tactics which would add to the confusion going forward.
manfromGrenada is offline   Reply With Quote