CL: AC Milan (3) vs. Manchester United (0), 5/02/07

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Let's hope we can play well for both halves when we host Man U next week.

Last edited by a moderator:

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Hopefully we can get Maldini and Gattuso back on board. We will aim up. We always do. I know Milan will give it their all and Man Utd are going to have to fight until the death for this one. The crowd will be a huge factor for Milan and I know they will be out in enormous numbers chanting "Forza Milan!" no matter what the result.

menon_inc

¤ I Still Believe ¤
Reaction score
Gattuso angry at himself Tuesday 24 April, 2007

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gennaro Gattuso was furious at himself for suffering an injury, but promised to “do battle” in the second leg.

Milan were leading 2-1 when Rino was stretchered off with a strain to the sole of his foot and the team went on to lose 3-2 against Manchester United.

“There is a week and I will do everything I can to be there. In any case, we will certainly do battle at San Siro,” said the visibly irritated midfielder.

“I was annoyed to have to leave my teammates. I very rarely leave the field and it really burned me. The result was also painful considering how we played, so obviously we are angry, but don’t worry – we will go for it.

“To reach the Final we need a great performance, but we knew that anyway, even if it had ended 2-2. Now I am convinced the 70,000 fans in San Siro will give us a helping hand.”

Although they have to win in the second leg on May 2, Milan have two away goals at Old Trafford.

“I don’t see any reason why we should be worried. After this match we emerge a strong outfit with real champions and we will go into the second leg relaxed.

“We certainly showed we are a tough side, as we fought back from a goal down to lead and the fans pushed Manchester on to victory. It is not a bad result.”

Gattuso was jeered as he was stretchered off, but did not take it personally from a club he has so often been linked to.

“The fans all over the world are the same. They cheer on their own colours and jeer the opposition, that’s as it should be.

“Those rumours about me and Manchester United have been going for years, but I sweat blood for the Milan jersey and it is part of my life. I want to keep wearing it for a very long time.”

source: channel4.com

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Savicevic, Albertini, Weah, Redondo
We'll need Maldini and Gattuso for the 2nd leg - they'r very important and two great champions.

Man Utd are good at home, but we'll have 70 000 backing us up at San Siro and whole Italy will be cheering for us - so the 2nd leg will be another story.

We were in deep shit when we had to win away at the Allianz Arena, but this looks good. I believe that we're better then Man Utd and they had some much needed luck at Old Trafford, I'm sure Lady Luck will do us a favour in Italy.

Just have a little faith ! :cool:

EDIT: Watch out for Gilardino ! :D

Tsar

Banned
Reaction score
Man Utd haven't won away from home in Europe this season, (no I don't consider the Lille shananigans a victory). This is very possible now, the advantage is with us now.

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
menon_inc said:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Gennaro Gattuso was furious at himself for suffering an injury, but promised to “do battle” in the second leg.

Milan were leading 2-1 when Rino was stretchered off with a strain to the sole of his foot and the team went on to lose 3-2 against Manchester United.

“There is a week and I will do everything I can to be there. In any case, we will certainly do battle at San Siro,” said the visibly irritated midfielder.

“I was annoyed to have to leave my teammates. I very rarely leave the field and it really burned me. The result was also painful considering how we played, so obviously we are angry, but don’t worry – we will go for it.

“To reach the Final we need a great performance, but we knew that anyway, even if it had ended 2-2. Now I am convinced the 70,000 fans in San Siro will give us a helping hand.”

Although they have to win in the second leg on May 2, Milan have two away goals at Old Trafford.

“I don’t see any reason why we should be worried. After this match we emerge a strong outfit with real champions and we will go into the second leg relaxed.

“We certainly showed we are a tough side, as we fought back from a goal down to lead and the fans pushed Manchester on to victory. It is not a bad result.”

Gattuso was jeered as he was stretchered off, but did not take it personally from a club he has so often been linked to.

“The fans all over the world are the same. They cheer on their own colours and jeer the opposition, that’s as it should be.

“Those rumours about me and Manchester United have been going for years, but I sweat blood for the Milan jersey and it is part of my life. I want to keep wearing it for a very long time.”

source: channel4.com
Man Utd fans had their right to jeer, to shout, to mock, or to do whatever they like because they were the victor. We respected them but they did not respect us. What comes around goes around.

I hope Rino will not rush his recovery, nor kick his feet into something because of the result. As Rino said, we will go for it. I am comforted.

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ferguson Confident Of Scoring In Italy

Sir Alex Ferguson has warned AC Milan they they are likely to have to score at least twice in the second leg of their sem-final as he is convinced his side can score in Italy.

Ferguson was speaking after his side won a dramatic first leg 3-2 at Old Trafford thanks to a late, late goal from Wayne Rooney, which puts his side in a good position ahead of their trip to the San Siro.

"Wayne's goal puts us in a fantastic position. I think that with the speed of our team we will score over there, but I don't know whether that will be enough. We know it will be difficult but I am looking forward to it," Fergie told Uefa.com.

However, he wasn't entirely happy as he was unhappy with the defending that led to them letting in two "awful" goals.

He added: "It was a terrific performance by us, though there were moments when Milan played great football. It was strange that for such a good game of football, there were some poor goals; we lost two awful goals.

"At 2-1 down against a team of that standard it is difficult. We did say at half-time that if we continued to play with speed we would have a chance.

"There was a moment when we were a bit stretched in the second half, we got caught out twice and Kaká should have scored.

"That gave us a lifeline and in these games you need a bit of luck.

"But after that we were the better team, the second goal gave us the advantage and then there was only going to be one winner."

Source; Goal.com

----

Sir Alex is realistic in his review of this splendid match, I really appreciate it.

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Sir Alex Ferguson, Manchester United manager
It was a terrific performance by us, though there were moments when Milan played great football. It was strange that for such a good game of football, there were some poor goals; we lost two awful goals. At 2-1 down against a team of that standard it is difficult. We did say at half-time that if we continued to play with speed we would have a chance. There was a moment when we were a bit stretched in the second half, we got caught out twice and Kaká should have scored. That gave us a lifeline and in these games you need a bit of luck. But after that we were the better team, the second goal gave us the advantage and then there was only going to be one winner. Wayne's goal puts us in a fantastic position. I think that with the speed of our team we will score over there, but I don't know whether that will be enough. We know it will be difficult but I am looking forward to it.

Carlo Ancelotti, Milan coach
The third goal has complicated matters. We did play well for an hour but it was always going to be difficult to maintain that for the full game. We lost the experience of Gattuso and Maldini and they certainly would have contributed. We are in better shape for the second leg than when we played [FC] Bayern [München] in the quarter-finals. But the result tonight means it will suit United, they will be able to play on the counterattack which is one of their great strengths, even though we will go into the game with confidence. United have a slight advantage but it is all to play for.

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl/fixturesresults/round=2360/match=300138/report=rw.html

kevin_dk

Milan Legend
Reaction score
madtherchot said:
It was a terrific performance by us, though there were moments when Milan played great football. It was strange that for such a good game of football, there were some poor goals; we lost two awful goals. At 2-1 down against a team of that standard it is difficult. We did say at half-time that if we continued to play with speed we would have a chance. There was a moment when we were a bit stretched in the second half, we got caught out twice and Kaká should have scored. That gave us a lifeline and in these games you need a bit of luck. But after that we were the better team, the second goal gave us the advantage and then there was only going to be one winner. Wayne's goal puts us in a fantastic position. I think that with the speed of our team we will score over there, but I don't know whether that will be enough. We know it will be difficult but I am looking forward to it.

The third goal has complicated matters. We did play well for an hour but it was always going to be difficult to maintain that for the full game. We lost the experience of Gattuso and Maldini and they certainly would have contributed. We are in better shape for the second leg than when we played [FC] Bayern [München] in the quarter-finals. But the result tonight means it will suit United, they will be able to play on the counterattack which is one of their great strengths, even though we will go into the game with confidence. United have a slight advantage but it is all to play for.

http://www.uefa.com/competitions/ucl/fixturesresults/round=2360/match=300138/report=rw.html
Forza Carlo! He is still on focus for the Final. I don't see any reason to give up this match, knowing that the Final would be even more difficult.

freaky spook

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
kaka,pirlo,nesta,messi
San Paolo said:
Hopefully we can get Maldini and Gattuso back on board. We will aim up. We always do. I know Milan will give it their all and Man Utd are going to have to fight until the death for this one. The crowd will be a huge factor for Milan and I know they will be out in enormous numbers chanting "Forza Milan!" no matter what the result.

I think apart from Maldini and Rino we would need Pippo too

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Pippo should make it. Apparently he was on the bench this morning.

freaky spook

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
kaka,pirlo,nesta,messi
i miss a predator like Crespo big time!!
does any one believe that we would get a new world class striker this summer?

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Unless there is another Calciopoli scandal... than yes definately we will.
Ronaldinho counts as a striker hey? ;)

censorthiis

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
menon_inc said:

“...but I sweat blood for the Milan jersey and it is part of my life. I want to keep wearing it for a very long time.”
I love you, Rino.

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
censorthiis said:
I love you, Rino.
Me too {(of course in a non-gay way [(not that there's anything wrong with that (did you get that Seinfeld reference?)]}.

Does anyone else notice that we are in the exact same position Bayern was against Real Madrid?

Velez Mostar

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MilanoMike said:
Me too {(of course in a non-gay way [(not that there's anything wrong with that (did you get that Seinfeld reference?)]}.

Does anyone else notice that we are in the exact same position Bayern was against Real Madrid?

Nice one, Seinfeld ! :D

Yup, we're in the same brilliant position - and we're heading to Athens ! :devil:

N3d0

Allegri al Massimo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rino Gattuso, Mirko Vučinić, Stevan Jovetić, Prince Boa, Stefan Savić, Noce
And this time we'll conquer it :D

Sasha

The UNBANNABLE One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Azzurri e Rossoneri
N3d0 said:
And this time we'll conquer it :D
That's the spirit. Siamo Milan! Siamo Campioni! :D

freaky spook

Primavera
Reaction score
Fav. Players
kaka,pirlo,nesta,messi
San Paolo said:
Unless there is another Calciopoli scandal... than yes definately we will.
Ronaldinho counts as a striker hey? ;)

I personally do not like Ronaldinho that much. I would prefer a much younger striker who can run at defenders.

SempreRossoNero

Viaggiatore
Reaction score
madtherchot said:

kevin_dk said:
Forza Carlo! He is still on focus for the Final. I don't see any reason to give up this match, knowing that the Final would be even more difficult.
are you insane? unless i am mistaken, carlo IS the coach and HE made the decision to take them out!?!? is anyone else seeing something COMPLETELY messed up about that statement?!?!?!

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Only thing that makes me nervous about the return leg: We've been better on the road as of late than at home in the CL.

Rizini

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldiini, Sheva, Ambro
We should be going through to Athens only if Dida (started playing and not closing his eyes) everytime the ball comes his way. i dont know what BMW is trying to prove but in my opinion the first and the 3rd goal should is dida's fault. how can u let it in ur near post.

N3d0

Allegri al Massimo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rino Gattuso, Mirko Vučinić, Stevan Jovetić, Prince Boa, Stefan Savić, Noce
Are u sure we watched same game?

Rustamka_Ambro

Milanista 23
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ambrosini, Pirlo, Pippo Inzaghi
As long Rino recovers in time, I am pretty sure we will win the battle in the midfileld and game in all..

JUST PLEASE DO NOT GIVE ANOTHER CHANCE TO GILARDINO..... F*****G HELL..... HE IS USELSS...

BROCCHI YOU ARE DAMN IDIOT ....

Pipa

Rotten Apple
Reaction score
I demands Pippo to start !!

But since we need to score ... will we still play the Christmas tree or two upfront?

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
SempreRossoNero said:
are you insane? unless i am mistaken, carlo IS the coach and HE made the decision to take them out!?!? is anyone else seeing something COMPLETELY messed up about that statement?!?!?!

Well, we don't really know exactly what happened. Maybe had Maldini + Gattuso continued, they would've failed to play any minutes in this return leg, which would have been a huge blow. Either way, what's done is done so lets hope they both are fit for this match.
BMWTaylor said:
Only thing that makes me nervous about the return leg: We've been better on the road as of late than at home in the CL.
Yeah, this is also my worry. I guess the San Siro faithful expect much + put a lot of pressure on the team. What else can we do but hope they're up to the task.

chuel

RICONQUISTIAMOLA!
Reaction score
we just need to get a gol, stay focus for 90minutes and not doing any mistake(like brocchi did) in milan! its very2 important.

Demerio

Photoshop Lieutenant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA-Pandev-PATO
Comeeeeeeeeeee onnnnn....We have good result and 2 away goals.
Its a good situation. Thay are scared and are having tough game against everton.
We can be calmer as six point advantage from Empoli give us an option for recovering.

Come on Carlo pick up the arsenal and throw them on these ugly english, welsh, irish dirtbags...

Schedule