Week 22: AS Roma - AC Milan 03/02/2019 20:30 CET

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fiorentina's thrashing of Roma gets way more credit than it deserves tbf.

Dont get me wrong, they were good but I have never seen such comical and woeful defending from a team ever. They couldnt even get the basics right and Fiorentina were finding it way to easy just pass over their defense.

There really is no excuse for us to not win this game.

Borini: "hold my beer"

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Fiorentina's thrashing of Roma gets way more credit than it deserves tbf.

Dont get me wrong, they were good but I have never seen such comical and woeful defending from a team ever. They couldnt even get the basics right and Fiorentina were finding it way to easy just pass over their defense.

There really is no excuse for us to not win this game.

Their defence was very poor but more glaring is that they don't have Allison. They have Olsen and he looked dreadful... like actually Serie C level.

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I wish we would try Samu at LW, Hakan at LCM, and Paqueta at RCM in this match.

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
I wish we would try Samu at LW, Hakan at LCM, and Paqueta at RCM in this match.

if you want samu at lw, i'd keep paqueta at lcm and play hakan rcm.
whenever he drifts to the right side he gets along with suso quite well. i guess it's worth a shot fielding them that way against some bum team to see how it goes

wouldn't work against tough opposition because the midfield would be too weak defensively. kessie might suck going forward but he does help defensively

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
if you want samu at lw, i'd keep paqueta at lcm and play hakan rcm.
whenever he drifts to the right side he gets along with suso quite well. i guess it's worth a shot fielding them that way against some bum team to see how it goes

wouldn't work against tough opposition because the midfield would be too weak defensively. kessie might suck going forward but he does help defensively

Yeah, maybe it's more appropriate against "bum teams" as you said. We rolled with that against Genoa (Borini at LW), and the second half performance was awesome. At the same time, they did have several chances, so perhaps the midfield was too weak.

I think Gattuso will play it a little safe against Roma knowing that the schedule eases up a little after this match. Still, this is a wonderful opportunity to deal a massive blow to a competitor for 4th.

Donato

The Wise One
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka', Maldini, Pippo, T.Silva, Ronaldinho, Shevchenko, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Ibra, Nesta, Pato
I hope they don’t come out and try to make amends for their previous performance in the Coppa. We need to win this game, it’s a must win game. Beating Napoli and Roma in the same week could be huge for the confidence of the squad.

Bird

Haven't you heard?
Reaction score
Balkan power!

Vucinic while at ladri, says, right to the linesman's face and near the mic, something in his native language, along the lines of "I'll fuck your family, you bald fuck!".
Consequences: None.

Dzeko spits in the refs face.
Consequences: Red carded but for an earlier incident. This action went unpunished.

Zlatan says "picku materinu", randomly, as all Balkans do no matter age/sex, to no one specific but happened to say it less than 10 meters away from the linesman, which the linesman didn't see or hear but this was noticed and brought up to the attention of FIGC by the media.

Consequences: Three game ban.

The inconsistency is ridiculous.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
When we lost 4-1 to Roma at home 2 years ago

Deulofeu - Lapadula - Suso
Pasalic - Sosa - Fernandez
Vangioni - Zapata - Paletta - De Sciglio captain
Donnarumma

Off the bench: Gomez, Ocampos and Bertolacci

Holy dear mother of God what is this shit :lol:

We HAVE to win this game, no excuses

OVUNQUE CON TE

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
We don't have the right to say any game is a guaranteed win, We can't take anything for granted. Roma won't just roll over for us.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
We don't have the right to say any game is a guaranteed win, We can't take anything for granted. Roma won't just roll over for us.

Are.... are you... captain obvious? :eek:

Edit: ahhhh no you're not because everyone has the right to say a game is a guaranteed win.

Last edited:

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
When we lost 4-1 to Roma at home 2 years ago

Deulofeu - Lapadula - Suso
Pasalic - Sosa - Fernandez
Vangioni - Zapata - Paletta - De Sciglio captain
Donnarumma

Off the bench: Gomez, Ocampos and Bertolacci

Holy dear mother of God what is this shit :lol:

We HAVE to win this game, no excuses

Galliani had us on the fast track to Serie B

helloAgain

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
very important game. a win here could send roma on a downward spiral. the problem we have right now is we can't take that next step. past few season, even current one, whenever we had to make that extra push for the CL place, we crumbled. but confidence of players, fans and even rnb's are quite high right now. so, forza.

Neruda

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Nesta,Zidane
very important game. a win here could send roma on a downward spiral. the problem we have right now is we can't take that next step. past few season, even current one, whenever we had to make that extra push for the CL place, we crumbled. but confidence of players, fans and even rnb's are quite high right now. so, forza.

the higher we are the harder we ll fall

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Keep sending bodies into the area and keep passing centrally. Their CBs are incredibly out of sync with each other.

Alec

Football Idiot Savant
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paul Pierce, Aimar, Nesta, Gattuso, Kaká, Romagnoli, VAR, Genghis Khan
Looking at the recent games of both teams, we're clear favorites - odd situation for us in recent times but I'm positive :lol:

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
Looking at the recent games of both teams, we're clear favorites - odd situation for us in recent times but I'm positive :lol:

not something I believe this team can handle, we are bottle jobs tbh

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
I'm feeling a 0-3 (to Milan, obv) in this one

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I'll fight you man

diaz-2.gif

lets go

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Milan arriving in Rome

giphy.gif

Kaka92

Gae
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MMS.
it's hard to predict result, really tricky. :monto:

on one side, we're in really good form and roma is mess and everyone will say "oh, milan will win"
but just because they're in mess, they might play best game of their life vs milan because they owe that to their fans.

but i still think that we'll win... :o

Schedule