Week 5: Milan - Roma 26/10/2020 20:45 CET

vidarth

Ibra Supremacy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Sheva, Ibrahimovic, Kaka, Nesta, Maldini, Gattuso, Seedorf, Ronaldinho
The handball for when Ibra got fouled, but then got a yellow, that should have been a pen.

The ref was terrible, he ruined this game.

Tata didn't really have to make saves man. Our defense actually was quite solid. I'm not that worried about them. People excuse a lot of Kjaer's marking and some of his really bad passes, he had one horror pass in the first half. I love Kjaer, I really do, but like, the shit Romagnoli gets is insane. Kjaer's corner header miss was bad, too. Romagnoli's was bad. Kessie's was bad. Like, Hakan puts those corners in the right spot, it's amazing we haven't scored on them yet.

Theo needs rest, there's no way around that. He looks exhausted.

Calabria played really well, can't believe people are saying he was bad, lol.

Yup Kjaer gets a pass for his mistakes....more than anyone else on the team.

It helps that he's awesome otherwise...but yeah there is a bias in RnB.

VooDooDoll

))<>((
Reaction score
was var used even once this match
looks like didnt work for this game.

anyway, we got pk back; but this 3 goals are just ... annoying

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The only thing that makes me happy is that I haven't felt like this, angry at a draw, in years.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Horrible lack of luck!!

Solid game but horrible mistakes. Romagnoli again loses his man ffs.

Good game by boyz. Not so good by Pioli. We are tired, its round 5.

Happens playing with the intensity we do, twice a week. Hurts with injuries/covid as well where it thins out the squad. Not sure what more Pioli could do other than bring Diaz in - that was the one possible mistake.

He didn't tell ref to be a cunt and not check VAR. He didn't slip Theo some chloroform before the match to he was asleep for 90 minutes, etc.

Chiko

Milan Legend
Reaction score
The handball for when Ibra got fouled, but then got a yellow, that should have been a pen.

Tata didn't really have to make saves man. Our defense actually was quite solid. I'm not that worried about them. People excuse a lot of Kjaer's marking and some of his really bad passes, he had one horror pass in the first half. I love Kjaer, I really do, but like, the shit Romagnoli gets is insane. Kjaer's corner header miss was bad, too. Romagnoli's was bad. Kessie's was bad. Like, Hakan puts those corners in the right spot, it's amazing we haven't scored on them yet.

I mean Kjaer hit the post and Kessie hit it where he was supposed to. It?s unlucky. Romagnoli?s was bad though. Hakan set pieces was the best part of his game. The rest forgettable.

Calabria missed several basic passes which lead to several dangerous turnovers. Defensively okay but made some crucial tackles but I wouldn?t call that good, against Theo he was God tier. He was just okay.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
I don't get this VAR thing anymore... we don't have someone in a room who tells the ref on the pitch hey bro maybe you should take another look at this? What's the fucking point then?

I cant comprehend it in anyway. I have 3 possible scenarios,

1. VAR told referee maybe you should have a look at this and the cunt said no, I know it was a pk.
2. VAR didn't even see the incident becayse they were chatting. Extremely unproffesional and should be fired immediately.
3. They told the referee it's a legit call.

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
The only thing that makes me happy is that I haven't felt like this, angry at a draw, in years.

Haha very true... usually it's when we concede the dumb goal against the run of play to lose a match. Being angry at a draw where the ref fucked us and we didn't even play that well? Seems so weird :D

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers

Calabria played really well, can't believe people are saying he was bad, lol.[
/QUOTE]

it's because they don't know football

abritcemeng

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Stop hating on Krunic guys , the guy isn?t half as bad as people make him out to be. He?s a good sub for balance Coz Ibra cannot chase at all during late stages and our other runners were tired too. He almost assisted Hakan.
Well... Krunic doesn't chase either
So what's the point? Kujka has better workrate

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
was var used even once this match
looks like didnt work for this game.

anyway, we got pk back; but this 3 goals are just ... annoying

It was....on the 2nd handball :fp: to show Ibra was offside.
I am still at a loss how they never told the ref to come and look at both PK's

ChinaMilan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
You said this game was on Pioli. Post as much as you'd like, anyone can block you..it's not an issue. Just saying

Part of it, diaz would have made much better option than krunic.

And since you know that there is an ignore button what dont you shut up and use it.

Bird

Haven't you heard?
Reaction score
Pioli needs to seriously rotate for EL.
This XI is dead tired.

Only Pedro started their EL game, everyone else were rested ahead of this game.

abritcemeng

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Should've sub in brahim for hakan and dalot for theo in the 60's.. And keep Leao and saele longer

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score

I didn?t see Kjaer?s miss, but Kessie?s header was really good and forced a good reaction save. Romagnoli's header was a foot wide from 3 feet away with a completely open net lol

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
I mean Kjaer hit the post and Kessie hit it where he was supposed to. It?s unlucky. Romagnoli?s was bad though. Hakan set pieces was the best part of his game. The rest forgettable.

Calabria missed several basic passes which lead to several dangerous turnovers. Defensively okay but made some crucial tackles but I wouldn?t call that good, against Theo he was God tier. He was just okay.

I dont think he got beat once today plus he covered others

Roma play with wingbacks and two am / wf supporting Dzeko so I'm not sure how much we expected our fb's to get forward.

Calabria has put to rest the right side being an issue unless persons are looking for Cafu or Dani Alves.

Bird

Haven't you heard?
Reaction score

Actually it was clear that Ibra was offside and the replay even showed it but knowing this ref, he probably wouldn't have given it anyway.

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
Part of it, diaz would have made much better option than krunic.

And since you know that there is an ignore button what dont you shut up and use it.

You said Pioli was the reason we lost. A coach always plays a part in every win and every loss.
This game was an absurd shit show with an unusually shit ref and missed sitters. We don't know if Diaz would've scored and change the game, or perhaps fall down and cause a counter. We don't know that.

I don't block anyone. Just know you're shit

nonsonoqui

Io non ho cugini
Staff member
Reaction score
I fckn knew this was the match we would lose points. This is not a bad result for our top 4 chase, but dont you dare talk about scudetto again.

We were leading 2 times (not gonna count the one that cunt ref ruined) and still couldnt close the game. We invited the pressure every time we scored. It was completely the opposite in our post covid form, where we just got better with every scored goal.

Also they seemed so tired already from the 50th minute and so many players had an off day.

I actually took the opposite message from this game.

As I said in an earlier post, inventing a penalty changes the dynamic and psychology of the game. We worked to get back up to 2-1. We were relatively comfortable, and then Giacomelli did his thing. I don't accept the balancing out argument with a shit decision the other way. By the time he gave the second fictional penalty, the game was chaotic.

But notwithstanding one of the most bizarre refereeing performances in recent memory, we took the lead thrice, and were pegged back by 2 defensive blunders/mistakes and a fabricated penalty. Yet, we still didn't lose and we didn't fold. And we could have won had our Ale possessed a trace of heading ability.

Giacomelli is a schmuck. I am going to be nice and not cast aspersions. I want to believe he is a moron.

The Scudetto talk is premature and fan-talk. We're on top of the table and unbeaten in 22. Rebic is about to come back. Donna is getting his COVID out of the way early, and our Norwegian assassin is just warming up.

It's okay to be optimistic you know. ;)

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I didn?t see Kjaer?s miss, but Kessie?s header was really good and forced a good reaction save. Romagnoli's header was a foot wide from 3 feet away with a completely open net lol

It hit the post

and was moving too fast for Leao to get a touch to turn it in

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Actually it was clear that Ibra was offside and the replay even showed it but knowing this ref, he probably wouldn't have given it anyway.

Surprised that it was caught as offside since VAR appeared to have been turned off for this match!!!

ZBoban

Milan Icon
Reaction score
- First off ref ruined the game. Absolute horrible officiating no other way to put it.
- Second half was very bad for Milan. Roma caused a lot of problems, controlled midfield, so draw a fair score I guess. Could've easily been a loss.
- Hakan was bad.
- Theo was very low energy. I know he is a bull but he needs a rest because he will burn out.
- Our subs were for nothing. Krunic was invisible and Samu was useless against much more athletic players.

Last edited:

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
- First off ref ruined the game. Absolute horrible officiating no other way to put it.
- Second half was very bad for Milan. Roma caused a lot of problems, controlled midfield, so draw a faire score.
- Hakan was bad
- Theo was very low energy. I know he is a bull but he needs a rest because he will burn out.
- Our subs were for nothing. Krunic was invisible and Samu was useless against much more athletic players.

Bolded part I do not understand. He was not match fit really at all and it showed, but every corner he made was dangerous so gets a pass. At least 3 of them should've resulted in goals if we had any luck instead of Mirante super saves and Romagnoli last minute heading wide. If anything Diaz should've been brought on for him toward the end but maybe Pioli thinks Hakan could've helped us secure a winner.

Casualista

Monsieur
Reaction score

As I said in an earlier post, inventing a penalty changes the dynamic and psychology of the game. We worked to get back up to 2-1. We were relatively comfortable, and then Giacomelli did his thing. I don't accept the balancing out argument with a shit decision the other way. By the time he gave the second fictional penalty, the game was chaotic.

But notwithstanding one of the most bizarre refereeing performances in recent memory, we took the lead thrice, and were pegged back by 2 defensive blunders/mistakes and a fabricated penalty. Yet, we still didn't lose and we didn't fold. And we could have won had our Ale possessed a trace of heading ability.

Giacomelli is a schmuck. I am going to be nice and not cast aspersions. I want to believe he is a moron.

The Scudetto talk is premature and fan-talk. We're on top of the table and unbeaten in 22. Rebic is about to come back. Donna is getting his COVID out of the way early, and our Norwegian assassin is just warming up.

For once we are in agreement.

I can't wait to have my Croatian back.:proud:

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score

:thumbsup:

ChinaMilan

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
You said Pioli was the reason we lost. A coach always plays a part in every win and every loss.
This game was an absurd shit show with an unusually shit ref and missed sitters. We don't know if Diaz would've scored and change the game, or perhaps fall down and cause a counter. We don't know that.

I don't block anyone. Just know you're shit

We didnt lose idiot, we draw, and you shouldnt just score goals to make an impact, there is other ways player can contribute but i guess that is hard for someone like you to understand.

Anyway i like that im under your skin, it makes me like posting in this forum regardless of what you will say that you dont care .

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
We didnt lose idiot, we draw, and you shouldnt just score goals to make an impact, there is other ways player can contribute but i guess that is hard for someone like you to understand.

Anyway i like that im under your skin, it makes me like posting in this forum regardless of what you will say that you dont care .

That's some weird fetish. You also enjoy the referee fucking us over today?

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio

OK Yonghong

AC Kid

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka'<3, Pato, Romagnoli, Gigio, Marco Asensio, Andre Silva
Those saying calabria did well... he defended well but almost all of roma’s danger came from his passing to them... hes a disaster hes the clear hole in this team

Sognatore

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
bosnian di marzio
Nah, the ref didn't do shit. It's all Pioli. Diaz would've contributed in a number of ways that would've changed the fate of this very predictable match

Schedule