Fav. Players
Robben, Zidane, Ibra, Nesta, Ronaldinho
nevermind

Last edited:

joyrider

Il Moderati
Staff member
Reaction score
"To date the only red card De Jong has received in his professional career was a sending off for two bookable offences in a match for Hamburg against Rapid Bucharest in the 2005–06 edition of the UEFA Cup."

waw that's a very good record for a DM-vacuum cleaner

let's buy this guy

GreatKalu

I still believe!
Reaction score
Biggest reason why this doesn't sound realistic is De Jong's wages. He'd have to make massive wages cuts to fit Milan's budget. Don't see that happening.

Fiero

Reaction score
So Di Marzio says Milan have already initiated contact for De Jong, and the alternative is Diarra, but supposedly a midfielder will arrive.

For the record his contract expires next July. Likely that City could let him go for a discount since we're at the end of the market, hopefully Galliani pulls it off. :)

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Gazzetta and Sky both say that we are preferring De Jong over Lass Diarra. That's sensible and exactly what we should do. De Jong is younger and has characteristics our squad simply doesnt possess at the moment. Can potentially form an excellent partnership with Montolivo. Or be the sole DM in a diamond of sort, with Montolivo and Constant/Nocerino being the side CMs.

Dsav

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Gazzetta and Sky both say that we are preferring De Jong over Lass Diarra. That's sensible and exactly what we should do. De Jong is younger and has characteristics our squad simply doesnt possess at the moment. Can potentially form an excellent partnership with Montolivo. Or be the sole DM in a diamond of sort, with Montolivo and Constant/Nocerino being the side CMs.

Diarra is actually younger i believe, by only a year or so. However out of the two i think de jong is much better and who we should be pursuing

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Maldini, Buffon, Rino*Pirlo*Clarence, Sheva, Totti, Ibra, Pippo, Giacomo, Carlo, Il Dottore
Diarra is actually younger i believe, by only a year or so. However out of the two i think de jong is much better and who we should be pursuing

Oh yes. A few months older than Diarra. I had a feeling was De Jong was only 26.

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
De Jong: 30 November 1984 (age 27)
Lassana Diarra: 10 March 1986 (age 26)

necromancer

Lo Stile di Pioli
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nope, Diarra is 10 March 1985.

Campione

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, De Sciglio, Pirlo, Maldini, Baresi, Donadoni, Suarez
Diarra is a better player but De Jong is still good. Both players would be hugh improvements.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
I prefer Diarra as a player though not by much...

But the fact that the guy is so keen on his wages is a turn off. You will always prefer a player enthusiastic to join the team over one who doesn't really care.

AsparagusFC

#hungry
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alan Shearer, Jon Dahl Tomasson
Diarra + Bendtner will lead us to glory :thumbsup:

Campione

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I prefer Diarra as a player though not by much...

But the fact that the guy is so keen on his wages is a turn off. You will always prefer a player enthusiastic to join the team over one who doesn't really care.

Why would he change

Real Madrid, high wage to Milan low wage?

You cant blame him. It is Milan that you should blame if anyone.

Sven

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Why would he change

Real Madrid, high wage to Milan low wage?

You cant blame him. It is Milan that you should blame if anyone.

I'm not blaming anyone.

It's not like De Jong don't need to take a pay cut too (and we don't know if he will take).

Thing is if you are willing to renounce some pay to go play in Milan it means that you really want to play there. See that as an opportunity, took it and is probably willing to fight to make it work.
That is something the fans should value, no?

I prefer that kind of player in my team to the one who is there cause simply cause it pays the biggest money.

kakajd

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta Pato Pippo Kaka Ronaldinho Montolivo Abate C.Ronaldo Ibra
If de Jong really would like to play here, then between him an diarra, Id choose De jong.

We dont need players who just want to be here for a pay check.

RossoneroTifoso

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, R9, Rino, Nesta, Montolivo, Seedorf, Pippo, Balotelli, De Jong, El Shaarawy, De Sciglio
Even though he wouldn't be my first choice for DM, he will be a good addition to the team, and allow Montolivo to play further up the pitch.

-Prince-De-Jong-Montolivo-

Master Smurf

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baggio, Weah, Bergkamp, Becks, Sheva, Kaka, Rooney, Kun, Thiago Silva, Pato, Kessie
Diarra is good, probably better going forward but I was never sure of him in the Anchor spot, even though Makalele was grooming him. He always seemed better as a CM with more freedom to get forward some.

De Jong is rugged, this team needs that in buckets after Van Bommel and Gattuso left us. De Jong and Zapata can give us that physicality we need while defending though I am still not sure who can unite and lead the defensive play on the pitch.

AndreiX

AC Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
sometimes
From De Jong and Diarra, I can only see De Jong playing in our shirt/colours...........maybe because of Man City's away kit :lol:

Campione

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
From De Jong and Diarra, I can only see De Jong playing in our shirt/colours...........maybe because of Man City's away kit :lol:

Yep.. He is allready dressed! :D

images

Nasha

Milan Icon
Reaction score
hopefully its true.

P.S. just joined the forum, but have been a silent reader since quite some time.

Soldier_of_god

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
cr7, Kaka, sheva, zidane, pastore , zlatan ibra,T.silva, jovetic, Arjen robben, drogba, suarez
wow, our management is actually buying smart now.

Tidalwave

Shredder
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka' #22, Maldini, Nesta, Inzaghi, De Sciglio, Sheva, Ibra, Balotelli, De Rossi, Montolivo.
nigel de jongggggggggggggggggggggggggggg :star:

Schedule