The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Transfers

AC Milan Transfers Everything related to AC Milan's transfer market goes in here. AC Milan rumours, dream signings and more.

Old 19-03-2004, 14:26   #1
YUGOSLAV
Josip Broz TITO

Fav. Players: Baggio, Totti, Maldini, Canna, Olic, Barbarez, Šuker, Gatu, Buffon, Pirlo, Zambro & Nesta

Milan want Davids back
(well - acmilan-online.com)

Edgar Davids could be on the verge of a shock move to former club Milan, according to reports.
The Gazzetta dello Sport is today suggesting that the Rossoneri are keen on the midfielder who will be available on a free transfer in the summer.
The Dutchman is currently on loan at Barcelona from Juventus, but his Bianconeri deal expires in a matter of months.
The 31-year-old started his Italian career with Milan in 1996 after he joined from Ajax. But he had an unhappy two-year stint at the San Siro before a move to Turin.
Davids does have a number of admirers across Europe. Barca would like to keep him even if Chelsea, Roma and Inter are all known to be keen.
But Milanhave suddenly joined the chase as they look to add another ‘free’ player to their squad after similar moves in the past.
After all, the Rossoneri have brought in Marcos Cafu, Giuseppe Pancaro and Jon Dahl Tomasson in recent times without paying a transfer fee.
Davids hiself has admitted that he has numerous offers on the table which have left the door open for a summer switch.
"The first thing I will do is consider Barca’s offer," the midfielder has stated recently. "But there are other sides interested in my signature too."
The international was also asked to comment on rumours that his present club are set to sign David Trezeguet from Juventus.
"Some people believe that it is a certainty," he explained. "Yet I know nothing about it at all."

Nah' we don't need a 31-year old midfielder.
Yea Rui will leave us for Benfica at the end of the season,
but I'm pretty sure that Davids wouldn't fit in the squad
for one more time. Let's bring VDV or even my man Giuly right after our maestro leaves the squad :- )

Signature
On Sunday 25th January 2004, 24 year old Hungarian striker Miklós Fehér died on the pitch.
His smile, moments before he collapsed, will haunt me forever.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4632546396732254867&q=feher
YUGOSLAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2004, 17:23   #2
Barremans
National Team Player

Fav. Players: MvB, Maldini, Rino, Pirlo and Cocu

No, we do not need Davids (we have Gattuso) anymore, he is too old. Besides that he takes too much (red) cards. Always disadvantages the team.

Signature
Barremans is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2004, 17:45   #3
Il Re dell' Est
Primavera Player

Fav. Players: Sheva, Rui Costa

you are wright barremans he takes to many cards !

Je hebt gelijk.

Forza Milan
Foza Sheva
Forza Rui
Il Re dell' Est is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2004, 21:40   #4
Edi
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: Maldini,Nesta,Kaka,

Although I have a high opinion of Davids I think he will not be wearing the red and black jersey next season.First becouse there is no place for him in the starting line up and I think that he does not want to be a sub.He can't play in Pirlo's role also he can't play in Gatusso's role and I also prefer Seedorf over him.So I think that this is another silly rumor

Signature
I TOLD YOU HE WILL LEAD US TO GLORY AGAIN
EAT YOUR WORDS NOW LOSERS
Edi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2004, 22:09   #5
savicevic10
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Savicevic, Boban, Maldini, Donadoni, Costacurta and Roberto Baggio

I think he's a great player and Juve fucked up big style by playing silly mind games with him this season.

He's getting on somewhat but he's also free and my opinion is "more the merrier" when it comes to great players.

They'll be more league games to play next year and we're going to need a couple more players.

While I like Emerson, there is simply no room for him at Milan without dropping any of our best players.

I would welcome Davids. We have a great first eleven now. All we need now are quality replacements for that first eleven.

Signature
savicevic10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-03-2004, 22:22   #6
zantetsuken
National Team Player

Fav. Players: Shevchenko--Maldini

We don't need him, gattuso is better.

Signature
Thanks Sheva and good luck
Maldini shows us the way to win others titles
Forza Milan
zantetsuken is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2004, 00:13   #7
Melbourne
Banned

Fav. Players: (teams); Milan, Barca, Man Utd, South Melbourne

[quote="savicevic10"]I think he's a great player and Juve fucked up big style by playing silly mind games with him this season.

He's getting on somewhat but he's also free and my opinion is "more the merrier" when it comes to great players.

They'll be more league games to play next year and we're going to need a couple more players.

While I like Emerson, there is simply no room for him at Milan without dropping any of our best players.

I would welcome Davids. We have a great first eleven now. All we need now are quality replacements for that first eleven.[/quote

Id like him if he doesnt take games away from Gattuso and Pirlo.]
Melbourne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2004, 00:58   #8
savicevic10
World Cup Winner

Fav. Players: Savicevic, Boban, Maldini, Donadoni, Costacurta and Roberto Baggio

Firstly, I actually somewhat believe this rumour. I know Davids has just bought property in Milan and I also think that it is a signing that Milan would do. Ancelotti loves him and he's free.

We need more players certainly, as well as more games next season, we have been exceptionally fortunate this season with injuries compared with our rivals. We cannot count on that next season.

He is left footed which we don't have many and he can readily replace any of our starters if needed. He might be signed as a reserve but in reality he will end up playing enough games for it not to be an issue with him (as in the case of Rivaldo).

All the other, younger players around (like Ballack) would not do as their is simply no place for them and it would unsettle the team. I think Davids experience would work well.

I've always been an advocate for younger players, but really I never thought we would be where we are and playing as we are. They know what they're doing at Milan nowadays. I can see this being a possibility and I support it.

Signature
savicevic10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2004, 01:18   #9
makaveli
Banned

Fav. Players: Maldini, Gattuso,Kaka, Nesta, Inzaghi, Gerrard, Henry, Ronaldinho, Riquelme, Rui Costa..

i believe it's just another sill, damn, crap... roumor. really david's would never come back to italy especially now that he's 31 he doesen't need new experience in Italy. second two italian club's Milan and Juve dumped him. he's doing very well in spain and barca want's to keep him, and he said earlier that he loves the city, the leauge, fans everyone. even if barca would not want him i'am sure that chelsea would land him or any other club's perhap's Real Madrid in my opinion they need him mostly. but to those who want to see Davids again in the red and black jersey there's a little bit of hope knowing that Seedorf and Stam would do anything to convince him to put again pen and paper for the great Red and Black club . he's on free so it would be really good to get him, i mean why not more quality player's bring's you more quality in your squad and it help's the injured player's and favour's the rotation system. anyway even though if some of us like him at milan chances are very low seeing him again with us.
makaveli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2004, 01:57   #10
mikez sheva7
Senior Team Member

I don't think Davids wants to come back to Milan, especially when there are so many other teams that would guarantee him regular football in the first team. The reason he left Juve was because he wasn't starting, now why would he want to come back to a club he didn't like being a part of and would have to compete for a spot with Pirlo, Gattuso, and Ambrosini. And plus... even if by some bizzare chance he did join Milan, imagine how much partying he would do with Seedorf... that cant be good for the team.

PS. ...RUMORS!!!!
mikez sheva7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2004, 11:08   #11
DonippoKakaShevdini
Santo Baresi

Fav. Players: Der Franco

This is too funny. This site you guys frequent......understand that during slow news days, they will come up with anything.

I usually do not post on these, however....this is just too irresistable to pass up. We have a better chance of Rijkaard returning than Davids. (Notice how keen I am to include two former, yet Catalan based Milan representatives......"Donnie pats himself on the back").

Man....I am living proof that some people are wise.....and some people are otherwise.

Print it....my homosapien friends.

Signature

The World will always be Red & Black....But Europe is Red & Gold.

Triunfa España! Los yunques y las ruedas cantan al compás del himno de la fe.
DonippoKakaShevdini is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2004, 13:29   #12
Velez Mostar
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: -Sergej Barbarez&Meho Kodro-

Juve have fucked them self up this season by not fielding Davids and for loaning him out to Barca. Davids was one of their absolutte best players, a very important character in the Juve squad indeed. But the morrons decided to get rid of him..

I don't think that we need Davids, as we already have Rino and Ambro in our squad, as well as Brocchi who's a worthy back-up. Davids is 31 years and he's not gettin' any younger and he also wants an enormous wage, I really don't see no reason for us to bring him back to San Siro...

Signature
-------- Mostar u srcu, Velez do groba! --------
Neretva kroz vene tece, Velez nam je oka sjaj!
-----Rodjeni, Rodjeni, kraj Neretve rodjeni!-----
Velez Mostar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2004, 14:20   #13
NESTA 13
Rookie

no no no!
we dont need him at all..we have pirlo,ambro and gatu when davids will play?
let him play at barca, taking the champio from real is better
NESTA 13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2004, 16:06   #14
Albion
Senior Team Member

I hate Edgar Davids ! I hope I never see him in Milan anymore. He is so agressive, hard headed that takes bunch of cards in a season.
He can run as a horse 90 minutes in field and someimtes that helpes, but he can have red card in first 10 minutes and screw the game for you.

Davids stay far from Milan plz.
Albion is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2004, 17:43   #15
YUGOSLAV
Josip Broz TITO

Fav. Players: Baggio, Totti, Maldini, Canna, Olic, Barbarez, Šuker, Gatu, Buffon, Pirlo, Zambro & Nesta

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rossonero_AC
I hate Edgar Davids ! I hope I never see him in Milan anymore. He is so agressive, hard headed that takes bunch of cards in a season.
He can run as a horse 90 minutes in field and someimtes that helpes, but he can have red card in first 10 minutes and screw the game for you.

Davids stay far from Milan plz.
Ye that's why we have GENARO!

Signature
On Sunday 25th January 2004, 24 year old Hungarian striker Miklós Fehér died on the pitch.
His smile, moments before he collapsed, will haunt me forever.

http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=-4632546396732254867&q=feher
YUGOSLAV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2004, 18:15   #16
walid
Primavera Player

Fav. Players: Maldini, Sheva,Costacurta

no!!
Milan don't need him!
Yes for Giuly instead of Rui costa!

Signature
ALWAYS MALDINI
walid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2004, 20:10   #17
alalekay
Rookie

Hey - Rui leaving for sure end of the season???
alalekay is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2004, 20:13   #18
Besi
¤ TheSaint ¤

Fav. Players: Maldini , Kaká

Quote:
Originally Posted by walid
no!!
Milan don't need him!
Yes for Giuly instead of Rui costa!

Yeah Giuly would adapt quickly ..if Galliani get him it would be perfect..

Signature
He is football’s Mohamed Ali – he floats like a butterfly, stings like a bee.
Besi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2004, 20:15   #19
sheva7
World Cup Winner

We don't need him coz we already have Gattuso and Ambrosini in his position.

Signature
Forza Milan!
Forza Sheva!

sheva7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-03-2004, 20:56   #20
Andre#7
Rookie

Just one more rumour without valid grounds... Therefore I won't comment it.. Just think - why would he want to come back to Italy to sit on the bench, to a club where he totally failed???
Andre#7 is offline   Reply With Quote