The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community The Red & Black Forums | An AC Milan Community

Go Back   The Red & Black Forums > AC Milan > AC Milan Transfers

AC Milan Transfers Everything related to AC Milan's transfer market goes in here. AC Milan rumours, dream signings and more.

Old 23-06-2007, 19:35   #21
milanissimo
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: van basten, pirlo, nesta, kaka`

Quote:
Originally Posted by MilanoMike
Does anyone want to play for us? Sheesh!
yes, Zambrotta, Gallas, Bianchi,Henry (i think)...
the biggest question is this "Is our management interested to bring any player here"? and the answer is "Nooooo, siamo a posto cosi"
milanissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2007, 19:47   #22
Surfer
I've got the devil in me

Fav. Players: Nesta, Maldini, Gourcuff, Gattuso, Pato, Shevchenko

Quagliarella to Juventus just SUCKS.

Juve is getting more and better players than us while they come from serie B and we won the CL

Just come Quagliarella
Surfer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2007, 20:25   #23
teis
Alice in Chains

Quote:
Shevchenko
teis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2007, 20:49   #24
Tsar
Banned

This guy is the flavour of the month, never been an advocate of such buys, I'd prefer to see if a player can hold on such form for a sustained period of time. That said with little alternatives it's perhaps better to take on a flash in the pan than an old has been.

Last I heard he wasn't available as Udinese are not willing to sell.
Tsar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2007, 20:50   #25
milanissimo
AC Milan Legend

Fav. Players: van basten, pirlo, nesta, kaka`

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tsar
This guy is the flavour of the month, never been an advocate of such buys, I'd prefer to see if a player can hold on such form for a sustained period of time. That said with little alternatives it's perhaps better to take on a flash in the pan than an old has been.

i agree here
milanissimo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2007, 21:46   #26
Milanista10
FORZA MILAN, IL MILAN OLE

Fav. Players: Maldini, Baresi

Now that udinese bought the remaining half of his contract I don't see him leaving udine this summer.

Signature

Massimo Oddo: winner of the 2007 Rocky Marciano award for Abruzzese athlete of the year
Milanista10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2007, 21:46   #27
Jasper
Maldini tier

Fav. Players: 3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Mario Balotelli

The Quail? Is that a typo or am I missing something?
Jasper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2007, 21:47   #28
Milanista10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jasper
The Quail? Is that a typo or am I missing something?
nope, Quagliarella's nickname.

Signature

Massimo Oddo: winner of the 2007 Rocky Marciano award for Abruzzese athlete of the year
Old 23-06-2007, 21:51   #29
Anguisette
Coffee Dragon

Fav. Players: Maldini, Nesta, Pirlo, Canna, Kaka

Quote:
Honestly, with the reputation Italian football has gained for itself lately I can see that EPL and La Liga players might shy away. Young Italian players from other teams? Well, how often do we really play our younger ones in midfield and upfront?

Signature
Anguisette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2007, 21:54   #30
Milanista10

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anguisette
Honestly, with the reputation Italian football has gained for itself lately I can see that EPL and La Liga players might shy away. Young Italian players from other teams? Well, how often do we really play our younger ones in midfield and upfront?
lippi made a great point. Many organizations around the world respect Italian football bcause they confront their problems. There is no way in hell I will except someone telling me the same doesn't occur in England or Spain or Germany.

Signature

Old 23-06-2007, 22:54   #31
Beemer
AC Milan Icon

Quote:
Honestly, with the reputation Italian football has gained for itself lately I can see that EPL and La Liga players might shy away.
Well, it could be worse, we're not in the netherworld of Ligue 1. It's probably the one major league in Europe you'd need radar to find.

Signature
Beemer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-2007, 22:56   #32
Anguisette
Coffee Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milanista10
lippi made a great point. Many organizations around the world respect Italian football bcause they confront their problems. There is no way in hell I will except someone telling me the same doesn't occur in England or Spain or Germany.
I'm sure it does happen in other leagues; the problem is that it's happening in Italy now. People have short memories and in a year or two the situation might be different.

Signature
Old 23-06-2007, 22:57   #33
Anguisette
Coffee Dragon

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWTaylor
Well, it could be worse, we're not in the netherworld of Ligue 1. It's probably the one major league in Europe you'd need radar to find.
True, though I'd love to have one or two of Lyon's players.

Signature
Old 24-06-2007, 00:09   #34
Milanista10

Quote:
I'm sure it does happen in other leagues; the problem is that it's happening in Italy now. People have short memories and in a year or two the situation might be different.
people in england or spain probably don't have the balls to to investigations on top clubs bc of $$$$ reasons..one word "cash"

Signature

Old 24-06-2007, 00:12   #35
Gandhi
Rookie

Quote:
Sure they are. You just have to offer them enough money.

As I see it they have made a pretty good deal. They have bought a guy who might be to good for them, at half his price. At least half his price that is.
Now they would either have a good striker next season or cash in on him now. They have paid around 5.5 millions for him, Sampdoria offered around 5. That means the overall loss concerning Udinese is 10.5 millions. On the other hand they have Quagliarella.
My guess is they can sell him for more money now. If he continues to impress, his value would increase big time for either the winter market or next years transfer window.

Then there is the possibility of us buying him now. I think there are quite a few aspects in it.

First there is of course the situation of us not having a star striker now. We would not be certain of having that with Quagliarella, but the chance would be there.
Then there is the issue about both the money and the competition from other suitors.
If we strike now, we would have to pay something around 120 millions. If we wait and he has another great season, this amount would have been raised a lot and there will be a lot more clubs wanting his services.

Another potential problem could be that Quagliarella would be another Gilardino. Not that I think Gilardino is bad, but he has jet to prove he is a quality to striker. By the way, I think this fact keeps Galliani from chasing Quagliarella.

Galliani said after the supposed capture of David Suazo, that it would close our transfer campaign. Maybe it was a smokescreen, but if not I cannot see why a signing of Quagliarella, or anyone else, would make that any different.
If we were to buy Quagliarella now I would be very insecure that he would not pan out. If he is added to our squad I would be really pleased if we signed another striker that have proven himself a bit more than Quagliarella. Of course that is not going to happen, but one can always dream.

In conclusion.

I think there are many questions about Quagliarella. I would not be furious if we signed him, but I think the board need to be very sure of what they are doing. Galliani, and especially Ancelotti, needs to fully believe that Quagliarella is what we need.
That goes for anyone we sign, but I always finds it a bit more important when it is young, relative unproven players.
If Ancelotti truly believe Quagliarella would make a different now in Milan, I would trust him.

Last edited by Gandhi; 24-06-2007 at 01:06.
Gandhi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-06-2007, 00:17   #36
Tsar
Banned

Quote:
people in england or spain probably don't have the balls to to investigations on top clubs bc of $$$$ reasons..one word "cash"
England just had the Stevens report, nothing is kept secret in the UK for long, not with our media. Not saying its perfect, but no one comes close to the Italians in terms of corruption and sleeze. Best quote I read during the calciopoli scandal: "in what has become the countries biggest footballing scandal in 25 years". Only in Italy.
Old 24-06-2007, 00:25   #37
Tsar
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gandhi
Sure they are. You just have to offer them enough money.

As I see it they have made a pretty good deal. They have bought a guy who might be to good for them, at half his price. At least half his price that is.
Now they would either have a good striker next season or cash in on him now. They have paid around 55 millions for him, Sampdoria offered around 50. That means the overall loss concerning Udinese is 105 millions. On the other hand they have Quagliarella.
My guess is they can sell him for more money now. If he continues to impress, his value would increase big time for either the winter market or next years transfer window.

Then there is the possibility of us buying him now. I think there are quite a few aspects in it.

First there is of course the situation of us not having a star striker now. We would not be certain of having that with Quagliarella, but the chance would be there.
Then there is the issue about both the money and the competition from other suitors.
If we strike now, we would have to pay something around 120 millions. If we wait and he has another great season, this amount would have been raised a lot and there will be a lot more clubs wanting his services.

Another potential problem could be that Quagliarella would be another Gilardino. Not that I think Gilardino is bad, but he has jet to prove he is a quality to striker. By the way, I think this fact keeps Galliani from chasing Quagliarella.

Galliani said after the supposed capture of David Suazo, that it would close our transfer campaign. Maybe it was a smokescreen, but if not I cannot see why a signing of Quagliarella, or anyone else, would make that any different.
If we were to buy Quagliarella now I would be very insecure that he would not pan out. If he is added to our squad I would be really pleased if we signed another striker that have proven himself a bit more than Quagliarella. Of course that is not going to happen, but one can always dream.

In conclusion.

I think there are many questions about Quagliarella. I would not be furious if we signed him, but I think the board need to be very sure of what they are doing. Galliani, and especially Ancelotti, needs to fully believe that Quagliarella is what we need.
That goes for anyone we sign, but I always finds it a bit more important when it is young, relative unproven players.
If Ancelotti truly believe Quagliarella would make a different now in Milan, I would trust him.
Firstly, you really need to check your figures, he was dealt in 5, 5.5 & 10M figures, he certainly isn't in the 50M price range yet.

You have to remember Udinese already cashed in on their star striker - Iaquinta, just a few weeks ago. So the money spinning insentive you speak of isn't really the case with Udinese now.

Besides, I concluded that I didn't want Suazo here because apart from only being prolific from the penalty spot, he also wished to be an Inter player. Signing a player who yearns to be an Interista is one thing, signing a player who would "walk to Turin" to become a Juventino is even worse.

Last edited by Tsar; 24-06-2007 at 00:28.
Old 24-06-2007, 00:30   #38
Milanista10

@ Ghandi

Quail > Suazo

b/c over half of suazo's goals have been scored on the spot kick.
Quagliarella has a certain element of surprise hich means he score an impossible goal whenever he wants.(granted that it won't happen all the time naturally.)

Signature

Old 24-06-2007, 01:14   #39
Gandhi
Rookie

Quote:
Firstly, you really need to check your figures, he was dealt in 5, 5.5 & 10M figures, he certainly isn't in the 50M price range yet.

Besides, I concluded that I didn't want Suazo here because apart from only being prolific from the penalty spot, he also wished to be an Inter player. Signing a player who yearns to be an Interista is one thing, signing a player who would "walk to Turin" to become a Juventino is even worse.
The first one is my mistake. I am from Denmark and wrote the prizes from what I have read in danish media. My bad of course and I apologize.

The other one I think varies from fan to fan. For my part I agree with you, but players talk. As I remember it, Sheva would be a Milanista for life. Quagliarella has also expressed his great desire to play for Napoli. Besides he could have been misquoted.

My point being, do not take everything you read for granted. I am not saying you do by the way.
Old 24-06-2007, 01:14   #40
Gandhi
Rookie

Quote:
@ Ghandi

Quail > Suazo

b/c over half of suazo's goals have been scored on the spot kick.
Quagliarella has a certain element of surprise hich means he score an impossible goal whenever he wants.(granted that it won't happen all the time naturally.)
I am sorry, but I cannot really see your point.