The Rumour Commode XXII: Broke Li: Enter the Someone (Pls)

Champions League qualification?

Votes: 2 2.9%

Votes: 41 59.4%

Votes: 26 37.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

Massaro94

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maradona-Shevchenko-Zizou
I pray Rino makes it with us. He's right for us tbh.

UnfortunateNegligibleHeifer-max-1mb.gif

Qaas

Vi må tage det som det kommer
Reaction score
Fav. Players
KAKA, Maldini, Nesta, Dida, Inzaghi, Sheva, TSilva, R9, Raul, Casillas, Schmeichel, Messi, Zlatan
Agreed. I only put Insigne in that lineup as he's the type of quality we need for that position. He would probably cost us around 75m...

:thumbsup:
In this market I would easily pay that much for him

General

Official RnB Mercato Stress Counselor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
People who Try Harder, semantics aficionado

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Maradona looks seriously ill.

Would not be surprised if he dropped dead tomorrow tbh.

Nostradamus

The Predictor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rummenigge, Maradona, Scholl, Lizarazu, Lahm
I would guess we are going to go for Auba again in the summer. Doesn't look like he is going to China.
Have u missed the reports coming from China (Sina Sports) a few days ago that Auba has agreed to join Guangzhou Evergrande next summer for 72m€?

They r reporting Dortmund had already agreed to sell him for bit less to Beijing Guoan and then Evergrande topped the deal.

https://www.transfermarkt.de/laut-b...mmer-zu-guangzhou-evergrande/view/news/296928

Sport-Bild reporting today that these two clubs fighting for his signature.

http://sportbild.bild.de/fussball/2...idt-real-madrid-ascacibar-54408720.sport.html

Dortmund have stated, that nothing has changed and no deal has been finalised.

I m not saying, that Auba to China is done and dusted, but it looks likely to happen next summer and I wouldnt bet against it.

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players

milanator

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I wish we weren't in competition with Atalanta (how sad is that) because I'd love to loan Silva to Gasperini. He did great work with Suso.

Silva is not used to Serie A. He takes too much time on the ball. He gets the ball and tries to play CR7 when he's not fast enough to do that kind of stuff. Plus, it's Italy, so even CR7 wouldn't have Spanish defenses to slalom through.

But you do have to admit that Silva really doesn't get the chance to score. Like, the shots he's missed, he's made--like against Fiorentina.

I also think he fought for the ball and possession earlier, it's like he's crestfallen, and that lack of confidence kills a striker. Strikers get the ball less than maybe any other player on the field and they are asked to do a lot with such limited possession. It's a mental position, you want to score, but you have to calm yourself, and perform actions that are simple (receive the ball, shoot, etc) that are harder when that adrenaline hits you.

When you don't have confidence, you make wrong choices. Silva needs to get used to Serie A, I think he'll be meh this year, honestly. Next year I expect Silva to do much better.

It's only one sentence here but in reality it means Silva needs to change his entire game to fit into Serie A, that is a giant task.

He also laks the will to risk suffering when it comes to physical battles, a striker of his type and pace has to use his body more which means hurting others and getting hurt as a side effect.

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Wait so are we gonna sign anyone or what? Have no idea what's been going on around here really

General

Reaction score
Fav. Players

Balo45

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I just wanna know if we're still rich or not. If we have cash but can't spend it til summer that's okay with me. But can't we just sign Deu or something for now?

Btw, if Auba is going to China for around 70 mil, and Milan actually has a sizeable budget for the summer, you'd have to think Milan bites at that. He's a player we confirmed interest in and he made it clear he was willing to come here. The club isn't going to sign a huge amount of players again this summer, for sure they'd jump at a player like if he's available again. Only reason I could see Milan missing out is if he goes to another big club that's in a better spot than Milan, or if we're priced out bc Dortmund wants 90+ mil or something, then he may go to China. Or if Milan isn't rich anymore I guess.

Batman

Team Doctor
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Inzaghi, Gattuso, Kaka, T. Silva, Romagnoli, Maldini
“I’d have liked to take the whole team to Dubai with their families, so we could work for just an hour or 90 minutes a day and leave them free for the rest of the time.

“They’d already booked tickets to their destinations though, so that’s something for next time.

“We have to work, work, work; understand what we’re doing as soon as possible and take it one match at a time.

“We’re not in a position to make calculations, we need to take it one game at a time. We’ll try to improve our position.

“The priority is to improve on a physical and mental level, then we’ll see where we get. Winning helps you play better and allows you to be more calm.

“The team has worked hard over these 50 games.”

I pray Rino makes it with us. He's right for us tbh.

I love this guy

Samaldinho

Milan Legend
Reaction score
That isn't true anymore for a long time now. I'm to lazy to go way back, but last season in Serie A:

1,123 (2.96 per match)

Then last season in La Liga:

1,118 (2.94 per match)

This is a league that has Messi, Ronaldo and Suarez in it. Seria A is uber shite, as is A.Silva.

Looking at the entire league, sure, you'd have a point. But you have to remember, while there is clearly quality in the top half of La Liga, then drop off is tremendous in La Liga.

For example, let's look at the goal difference of the top four teams in La Liga:

You said that Serie A has been losing, and then cited goals per game average. That's a misleading statistic. Why?

The differences were never that huge.

In 2002-03, when Milan and Juve were both in the CL final, Serie A's average was 2.58 goals per match while La Liga in the same period was 2.67, not a massive difference, especially when you consider that La Liga had 380 matches versus Serie A in 02/03 with 306 matches. Looking at goals per game as an average isn't exactly the best way to look at it. Let's look at the performances of the best teams, as it gives us a way to look at what sort of goal-scoring we can expect. How do bottom teams fair?

In 2002/03, Juve had 35, Inter 26, Milan 25, and Lazio 25. La Liga? Real 44, Real Sociedad 26, Depotivo 20, Valencia 21, and Barca 16. Pretty similar.

Let's look at last year, then:

Serie A, from 16/17: Juve's goal difference 50, Roma 52, Napoli 55, then
Atalanta 21, Lazio 23, and Milan at 12. Total goal difference of 213.

La Liga in 16/17: Real 65, Barca 79, Atletico 43, then Sevilla at 20, Villareal at 23, and Real Sociedad at 6. For a total of 236.

However, this is with the same amount of matches, 380 each in 16/17 unlike 02/03.

But that's not all, when it comes to conceding, the differences are also stark.
But also, let's look at the bottom three teams, while the goal differences still are worse in Spain, it is telling to illustrate that in 16/17, Empoli conceded 61, Palermo 77, and Pescara 81. Meanwhile, Sporting Gijon 72, Osasuna 94, and Granada 82.

What we can glean from this information, is that it underlines that goals are scored more often by big teams and conceded more by smaller teams in La Liga.

Of course, there is also the anecdotal evidence established by Mourinho who said: "Italian football is much stronger. In England I won a lot of easy games, by margins that leave no room for doubt. Here [in Italy], this has never happened. On the contrary, the smaller teams were always capable of causing us problems."

In fact, Mourinho spoke about how smaller teams were harder to defeat: “The teams from the lower half of the table who come to the San Siro all have very strong tactical and physical trumps... Serie A has very unique characteristics which make it extremely difficult.”

Serie A might be weak from it's big giants--including us--but it is harder to score in Serie A, with the evidence underlining that.

And also, who would have thought that a 21 year old striker would have trouble adjusting to Serie A with a team that has fired its coach and has been generally poor and under tremendous pressure?

The next statistics that would be useful, would be to see the amount of chances created per league. I'm too lazy for that.

It's only one sentence here but in reality it means Silva needs to change his entire game to fit into Serie A, that is a giant task.

He also laks the will to risk suffering when it comes to physical battles, a striker of his type and pace has to use his body more which means hurting others and getting hurt as a side effect.

No, that's not true. That's actually not what Silva does in the EL. He doesn't do the CR7 crap in the EL, he plays more like an out-and-out striker. In the EL he finishes chances, and you can see he has an extra spring in his step.

Earlier in the season he really was using his body for team, running, and working hard. He's not doing that as much anymore. In Serie A--partly because we're playing much tougher teams--he's not getting the same chances.

I think a big part of the reason he does the CR7 crap is because he gets the ball a lot less in Serie A. So he resorts to that stuff. He has talent, you can see it, in the way he can handle the ball, what happens when he dribbles, but then he overdoes it, but he can smooth these things out.

I'm just not willing to give up on a player that fast, especially one that young.

Sorriso Sempre

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Selling him for 15-20m in the summer is better I guess.

I don't want our current Coach to succeed and become better with the club.

#OnlyMassaro

remind me of you not wanting montella to be good coach with us :fp::fp::fp::lol::lol::lol:

these guys
giphy.gif

Buske

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Can we sign someone already, i got used to it in summer.

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
for those crying for kucka
as soon as udinese want gomez we can strike a deal with barak for them
he seems a bigger more attacking version of kuco

and he is going to be cheaper than jankto

It’s obvious you’re mistaking Kuco for Bertolacci, Kuco the tank remember? Only kessie is close to his physical strength

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Mirabelli to @ojogo: "I know that André Silva is going through a difficult period but he is an important player for us. He has our affection and he is a great talent. He will absolutely stay at Milan and he will do for many years to come."
@andrevsilva19

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA
remind me of you not wanting montella to be good coach with us :fp::fp::fp::lol::lol::lol:

these guys
giphy.gif

The fuck are you talking about? I supported Montella until he started fucking up this season.

You seriously need to chill your butthurt over this Silva thing fam. I'm not here to feud.

SMH :lol:

Khurrisu

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck UEFA

Sorriso Sempre

Milan Legend
Reaction score
It’s obvious you’re mistaking Kuco for Bertolacci, Kuco the tank remember? Only kessie is close to his physical strength

dude... get a nap

The fuck are you talking about? I supported Montella until he started fucking up this season.

You seriously need to chill your butthurt over this Silva thing fam. I'm not here to feud.

SMH :lol:

read again.....you guys cant read...yet you respond...
giphy.gif

Last edited:

IL Diavolo 3

Fester
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Definitly,but his part shouldn't overshadow F&M's part:

-Buying far too many players
-Planing with CL
-Buying without a good plan
-Hyping the shit out of the new squad, at one point there was even talk about the scudetto without someone really standing up against it

All this combined did hurt us much more than Montella and unlike him they are still in power

giphy_s.gif

milanista_

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Milan: Fassone has canceled the trip to China.
As reported by Corriere della Sera on newsstands, Marco Fassone, who was sent to China for the purpose of meeting Yonghong Li, canceled the trip.

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
Milan: Fassone has canceled the trip to China.
As reported by Corriere della Sera on newsstands, Marco Fassone, who was sent to China for the purpose of meeting Yonghong Li, canceled the trip.

hmmm

Status
Not open for further replies.

Schedule