Footballers' Wages Discussion

kats

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Jasper said:
We gave away pretty big transfer fee an if you look at Lazio's salaries then he got a very big increase nonetheless.

Yeah, but when compared to his teammates and other comparable players in top clubs, which really should determine his market value in terms of salary, he's still a bargain.

I think there were others making a few thousand pounds aside from Vieiri - they're playing for Atalanta, Empoli, Cagliari, etc.

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Marco the great, Gullit, Weah, Maldini, Sebastiano Rossi, Pirlo, Gattuso
Well I saw a program today that Kaka just increased his salary. He will now earn 8 million euros and extended his contract by one year to 2012. Thats not the best thing. Milan are going to pay the tax collector 8 million euros on behalf of Kaka so that he can keep all of his salary.

So in essence, he is gonna be paid 16 million euros! All of this to kill off Real's persuance of Kaka. This to me this was a huge relief as now I can relax and not fear that someday, Kaka will leave to Madrid. He's going no where thank God.

But the question is now, what will the other players say.

Channel 4 is also reporting this.

Beemer

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Well, it only makes us look like idiots if we threw more cash at Kaka simply to make Madrid back off.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
highest payroll in serie A

I read milan had highest payroll in serie A so i got curious and looked it up. Look at this link:

http://www.mcalcio.com/494-player-salaries-of-serie-a-kaka-is-the-king/

It kind of disgusts me we spend more than inter, roma, juve on old players and dont get results. Players like Cafu, serginho, favalli making more than 2 million. Emerson 3.2 million.

This shows me 2 things.
1 Milan is not afraid to spend, we consistently spend just in the wrong places. Instead of signing young promising talent as our reserves we sign old has beens and pay them far too much.

2 how poorly milan has financially planned. We pay left backs Favalli, Jankulovski, and Serginho 8 million a year total! Then you look at catania paying vargas less than a half million a season. I understand why, they are a poor club, he was uknown until recently, but talent is talent. It doesnt take a professional to realize Favalli and Serginho are too old and didnt deserve 2 million+ a year extension, plus Janku hasnt been healthy for multiple seasons. And thats just left back! You can go down position by position really and see how poor it is.

I dont know who to blame on this, berlu because he likes older names? Ancelotti because he doesnt trust young players generally? Galliani and Braida as they are generally in charge of contracts and signing. I'm sure all deserve some blame. Anyway please respond and let me know what you think

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
I merged it with this thread, it's more appropiate.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
oh, didnt see the threat... thought i was orginal. thanx though!

teis

Alice in Chains
Reaction score
Milano84 said:
I read milan had highest payroll in serie A so i got curious and looked it up. Look at this link:

http://www.mcalcio.com/494-player-salaries-of-serie-a-kaka-is-the-king/

It kind of disgusts me we spend more than inter, roma, juve on old players and dont get results. Players like Cafu, serginho, favalli making more than 2 million. Emerson 3.2 million.

This shows me 2 things.
1 Milan is not afraid to spend, we consistently spend just in the wrong places. Instead of signing young promising talent as our reserves we sign old has beens and pay them far too much.

2 how poorly milan has financially planned. We pay left backs Favalli, Jankulovski, and Serginho 8 million a year total! Then you look at catania paying vargas less than a half million a season. I understand why, they are a poor club, he was uknown until recently, but talent is talent. It doesnt take a professional to realize Favalli and Serginho are too old and didnt deserve 2 million+ a year extension, plus Janku hasnt been healthy for multiple seasons. And thats just left back! You can go down position by position really and see how poor it is.

I dont know who to blame on this, berlu because he likes older names? Ancelotti because he doesnt trust young players generally? Galliani and Braida as they are generally in charge of contracts and signing. I'm sure all deserve some blame. Anyway please respond and let me know what you think
I really don't think those numbers are correct.

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
the 120 figure i saw on goal.com as well

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
*bump*

It's time to speculate on the speculative salaries again. Sadly I cannot provide the full detail yet but the issue should rise since:
Thursday 3 September
Gazzetta dello Sport
Football’s salaries
Mourinho is the highest paid, it’s the first time a Coach tops list
Among the players, Eto’o takes Ibra’s place and then Ronaldinho
Milan cut costs by a good 44.5m, Juve stay same

http://www.football-italia.net/paperssay.html

So If anyone has more detail it would be welcomed :)

Az.

Se7en
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Shevchenko, Rui Costa, Gattuso, Pippo, Nesta, Ambrosini,Seedorf, Billy,Kaka,Beckham,Zlatan
Dihno ,Pirlo ,Nesta top 3 earners ?How much do u figure they make ?

Kuzimoto

Forza Milan!!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ivan Gattuso, BOATENG, Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, Dida, Pippo, Pato, Borri, Silva, Ibra, Cassano
this squad-money wasters.:D

Centre

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Mourinho tops salary scale Thursday 3 September, 2009

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Inter boss Jose Mourinho is the highest paid individual in Serie A, according to a report in La Gazzetta dello Sport.

The famous pink paper has looked into the wage bills of the top-flight clubs for this season and this morning printed its findings.

For the first time ever, the biggest earner in the Division is a Coach with the Portuguese maestro reportedly netting 11m Euros a campaign.

And in an odd twist, given that the San Siro giants are still paying former boss Roberto Mancini 6m a year, the Nerazzurri’s coaching wage bill is more than the combined 15.7m total paid by the other 19 sides for their tacticians.

On the player front, Samuel Eto’o has taken over from Zlatan Ibrahimovic on and off the pitch seeing as he is Italy’s most costly thanks to his 10.5m Euros fee.

Milan’s Ronaldinho is second with 7.5m, ahead of Gigi Buffon and Patrick Vieira who are reputed to earn 5.5m Euros each.

If it is value for money you are after, then Cagliari’s Federico Marchetti is the cheapest Italian international as he is on only 150,000 Euros a season.

Inter are unsurprisingly the biggest payers, ahead of Milan and Juventus. Chievo and Atalanta have the smallest wage bills.

Serie A’s most expensive XI: Buffon (Juventus – 5.5); Maicon (Inter – 4.5), Nesta (Milan – 4), Lucio (Inter – 4.5), Chivu (Inter – 3.5); Vieira (Inter – 5.5), Pirlo (Milan – 5), Sneijder (Inter – 4); Ronaldinho (Milan – 7.5), Eto'o (Inter – 10.5), Totti (Roma – 5.5).

Club by club wage bills: Inter 150m; Milan 125.5m; Juventus 115m; Roma 69.7m; Fiorentina 40m; Genoa 38m; Napoli 37m; Lazio 32.9m; Palermo 30m; Parma 26m; Sampdoria 24m; Bari 20m; Bologna 20m; Cagliari 19m; Udinese 18m; Siena 17.5m; Catania 17.5m, Livorno 14.3m, Chievo 13m; Atalanta 13m.

All figures above are in Euros.

ch4.

looks only inter has a higher payroll than us... dinho being the 2nd highest paid player is bullshit along with mourinho making that much money...

peters

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
just a note if u missed it, mourinhos 'payroll' includes 6m that goes in hands of mancini (until the contract expires or he trains another team)

Selling pirlo and ronaldinho would be milan's biggest financial boost :D

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
milan.jpg

Last edited:

Centre

Milan Icon
Reaction score
just a note if u missed it, mourinhos 'payroll' includes 6m that goes in hands of mancini (until the contract expires or he trains another team)

i'm not following what you're saying... this article seems to imply that they are paying mou 11 and manc 6...

Armin__m

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
>>rossoneri<<

He himself gets 11 millions per year and that still makes him the highest earner.

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.
We need to remember these are strictly estimations. We have lost some big earners while added players to the back of the list making less than a mil(our overall bill is bigger than 2007). Still let's speculate ... an I encourage everyone to spot mistakes in the article.

Didn't Gattuso extended his contract while taking a wage cut?

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
THe salaries add up to 67 mil (did math in head while driving across bay brdge... On my phone... So someone correct me if I'm wrong)

Where's the rest of money... Gallianis gold ties and blue pants????

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
THe salaries add up to 67 mil (did math in head while driving across bay brdge... On my phone... So someone correct me if I'm wrong)

Where's the rest of money... Gallianis gold ties and blue pants????

no, you're right. im guessing the rest is tax, if so ten that is shocking how unlevel the playing field is, if we have to pay double wages for players to even consider moving

Senatore_M84

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Clarence Clyde Seedorf
the truth is most of those salaries r fairly reasonable when u consider what they've done at Milan and who they were when the signed them. Truth is u get paid on ur past, not ur future (perhaps a reason not to sign oldies...). Pirlo/dida for example were integral to all the squads 2003-2007. But dinhos kinda bugs me consdering he was off awful years at barca and hadn't proved anythng here....

Revolution

Io Ci Credo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Pirlo, De Rossi, Pjanic, Schweini, Prince, Abate
Pato earns the same as Oguchi Onyewu? :eek:

1 mil for pato?!?!??!

dinho 7.5
pirlo 5
dida 4
kaladze 3
ambrosini 3
boriello 3
oddo 2.3
janku 2
bonera 2
favalli 1.2

i could make a list of like 20 great players from other teams we could get that would cost us less

Centre

Milan Icon
Reaction score
But dinhos kinda bugs me consdering he was off awful years at barca and hadn't proved anythng here....

what happened to all the BS about him taking a huge wage cut as part of the deal when we signed him?

crazy4milan

Exotic Stevie G
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini,Weah,Nesta,Dida
I'm pretty sure Onyewu is making less than a million, it doesn't change things that much but it's not super accurate. Oddo was earning less 2 years ago, I doubt we gave him more.

Gattuso just got like a 10% of a salary pay cut.

I can understand Eto'o earning that much (well at least being the highest payed player in Serie A), he has just come from a team that won it all and he was their top goalscorer and he scored in the CL final...I'm yet to understand what Dinho did a year (2 years) before comming to Milan to earn that much (and is it me, or is he winning a million and a half more than last year?).

That said, just look at that and try to tell me that the assholes are the players that are over 30 winning awesome money before their retirement or the management that decided to give them that money at that age? It's till 2010 and 2011 that we'll finally really renew our team. BTW Cassano earns 2.8 millions and your average Borriello earns 3 millions. And then they dare to talk about taxes and how the crisis has hit us hard and that's why we can't have a good transfer season. A good management wouldn't have let that happen. And when Pato receives a contract extension we're going to take the number 1 spot in salaries again.

Juventus paying the same salaries as last year? Yeah right. Frey said in an interview that he is the top earner at Fiorentina and he isn't sharing that spot with neither Mutu or Gilardino.

Pedro

iedereen is gek
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini & Marc-André ter Stegen
1 mil for pato?!?!??!

dinho 7.5
pirlo 5
dida 4
kaladze 3
ambrosini 3
boriello 3