Dida: A goalkeeper or a clawn?

Rossoneri

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I just wonder when will this so called "goal keeper" stay in the bench??? :mad: :mad: What is Carlo doing??? Why he wants to bring weakness to Milan?!!

Dida is simply the worst goal keeper in the world, with no doubt at all!! Even in UAE, I think we have better goal keepers!!! :mad:

He is so shakey, and can be hit so easily! He was very idiot against Lazio, and he often hit "the air" rather than the ball!! Rivaldo had to be "our goal keeper" in the last minutes to save us from a defeat!!

And Lopez goal?? What was Dida doing?? Acting so stupidly?!! Jumping like an idiot on Simic instead of covering the goal!! He was a real disaster!!

A ball once was back to him, and instead of talking it easily, he almost gave Lazio another Corner Kick, but thanks God that it was only a throw in!

Against Deportivo, he made a very silly & amatuer mistake that even a UAE goal keeper, or even a town goal keeper will not make!!! :mad:

In all the matches, he was soo shakey, in a very strange way! The only good thing that he did was to perform a brilliant save from a header by a Deportivo player! Else, he did nothing. The defence were covering him, but more disasters to come!! What a joke!!!!

What is Carlo waiting from him? And why Abbaiti is sitting on the bench so long?? Why Carlo remains stupid always?? Why we have to play with 10 players without a goal keeper every day?????

It is enough, and I had enough of seeing this clawn playing!! He made enough mistakes with Milan, and Abbiati should step in!! Otherwise, Bayern will smash us!!
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:
:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
I am moving this to players because it belongs there. but you are right I watch the game vs. Bayern. He wasn't horrible but he is very shakey. If it wasn't for the great play of Maldini the entire match we could have lost. he made a good play to block what would have been a nice Ballack volley with his findgertips in the 1st half though. Ultimatly Abbiate should be starting, I though he was fully recovered from injury but maybe not 100%. :conf: I didn't realize that Dida was so big. The guy is huge.

Kambiz

Primavera
Reaction score
hes not that bad, he made like 5-6 great saves against Munich... but like 1 error, but i agree a healthy Abbiati is beter than Dida...

Rossoneri

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Well, he is very tall, and for the long range shots, he can make saves, but even his saves lacks confidence. He is never able to "catch" the ball, he just punches it, even if it is an easy shot.
Also, regarding corners, and any kind of these balls, he is completely terrible.

Against Bayern he maybe made two fine saves "long range ones", but the rest he was very shaky. Once an easy ball in the 1st half came easily to the place where he is standing, but he punched it rather than catching it. This made Elber clearly one to one in goal, but thanks God that it was an off side!

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
I agree with the author of this forum to a limit. Dida is indeed nothing more than a clown between the woodworks, this was most noticable during his first spell with Milan before we loaned him back to his native country, but as of right now, he has looked good (even though its tough not to look good when you can boast about having a defensive bunker that includes Maldini & Nesta), but still he really has the potential to really screw us in a big time match. You can almost sense it really........the Munich match definitely showed us that Dida is no stranger to the infamous "Keeper Blunder." Let's just hope Abbiatti wins back his starting shirt......for the sake of Milan. Dida can mind our net in the coppa Italia.

efford

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
what are you talking about..???? ok, i agree that i dont like Dida that much, BUT he saved us on many occasions during the Milan-Bayern game... you should have heard the Swedish commentators, they were talking about him as a hero....

If he keeps up that form then he can play some games...

btw, whats wrong with Abbiati? Is he injuried or is it Ancelotti that lets Dida take his 1st goalie place...?

Klelia22

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
He is not bad... that is for sure because he would not be at our team! But we have to admit that he is not the best GK ever... he is good when talking about shots like the one from Ballack, I mean, he is tall and reacts and stops the ball (but yeah, he has problems some times for keeping the ball) but he is definitely BAD when moving the ball with his feet... every time he has to make a play with his feet I FREAK OUT :eek: ... he gets nervous and sends it right to the other team players or gets in BIG troubles... he is definitely not Chilavert, Higuita or Campos, that is for sure... he has no idea of how to control the ball with his feet :head: but well... Abbiati will come again soon... isnt him? and even that... we havent been so bad, dont you think? ;)

Rex

Reaction score
I got your point, Kleila22. Surely I have nothing against on him which based on his good current performances on Milan's net. Though Dida've had bad season, with Ancelotti's credence put him in the starting line-up, has been repaying by his current performances. Until now, I haven't read yet the management will have a plan to put him in the transfer list.

I agreed Abbiati is better than him, but the 'circumstances' now says he is the best option what we have.

Cescania

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini
Dida has quick reaction when the ball is very close to him. But in the occasion that he needs to think, he'll hesitate. Just like the game vs Bayern, for the opponent's goal, he didn't need to go way from his original position when the Bayern players came into the box since there are enough Milan defenders in the box to do the defend :head: . If he didn't come out, he won't clash with his teammate and might save the ball.

shevagirl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I think that Dida was good in last matches.I didn't like his start at all but now i think that he is much better

kharrazian

Primavera
Reaction score
Look at his tall stature...
Look at his long hands...
Look at his nice name...
Look at his stupid mistakes...
Look at his innocent face...
Look at his good saves...

Would you please help me to complete this poem about Dida? :D :D

Red&BlackDevils

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
i think he is getting much better than 2 years ago. he have grown and got smart. what a saves he have made for the past 2 month. he is good. i do agree he was bad 2 years ago. but not now

jonddu^

Primavera
Reaction score
Dida isn't that bad at all, maybe too shaky but a good goalkeeper.
It's stupid that some people only remember his mistake against Leeds.

AMN

Reaction score
That is the ironic part of becoming a goalie, you make that one fatal mistake, everybody will remember it for the rest of your life but not too many people will remember your briliant safe for too long.

I have doubts on him too, especially after the Lazio match where he looked horribly dodgey and always hesitant when it comes to corners and freekicks. I may be wrong as Miha was delivering great freekicks during that match.

My impression so far is, he is good when it comes to taking care of the tough shots but often fails when it comes to the easier jobs, like clearing the ball, catching the direct easy shots.

I have no clear idea to who our no.1 goalie should be but I believe it is fair for Ancelotti to play Abbiati in the rest 2 CL matches, to impress Ancelotti and show him that he's fit and ready to fight for his position.

swedishmilanista

Primavera
Reaction score
I think Dida is playing better then Abbiati now and the way he played against Inter and Real Madrid shows he can play well in important games and he made some excellent saves in both matches.

I think is unfair to say he is the worse goalie etc. bacause hes playing better then Abbaiati now. and i hope ancellotti keep playing him since he is playing so well these days

ads216

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
I think Dida showed he's not some chump between the posts like some people make out him to be. He performed really well the past week and I think he should keep playing when he's pon a roll like this. IMO he's playing better then Abbiati right now.

Reaction score
do u notice guys, when abbiati is in the pitch, Milan would be lost?

how bad dida wasn't there..

swedishmilanista

Primavera
Reaction score
I think Dida will be the goalie for Milan in the future since he has proved that he can play at such high level. Yes he was very dodgy in the begining but now every game IMO he is getting better and he is right now much better player then Abbiati.

I think he got the chance and he showed everybody that he is a very good player with lot of talent and he is getting better each game. Someday I think he will be the number one goalie for Brazil and also in serie A since he is such a young player.

cute_medusa

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rui Costa,Ronaldinho,Samuel E'to,Figo,Cristiano Ronaldo,Zidane,Maldini
dida?well,ok not that bad at least he has saved few goals :D

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Marco Van Basten
:eek: :eek: :eek:

I CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT I READ!!!

We can discuss if is better use DIDA or ABBIATI, we cannot discuss if DIDA IS GOOD OR NOT!!!

:rolleyes: Nobody can argue with me... the real milanista is ITALIAN.. with LITTLE EXCEPTIONS... :rolleyes:

avril

Beginner
Reaction score
wHAT DO YOU GUYS MEAN BY THAT?I THINK HE'S BETTERTHAN ABBIATI........SUCK IT! :cry:

Rex

Reaction score
The SWAN of Utrecht said:
:eek: :eek: :eek:

I CAN'T BELIEVE WHAT I READ!!!

We can discuss if is better use DIDA or ABBIATI, we cannot discuss if DIDA IS GOOD OR NOT!!!

:rolleyes: Nobody can argue with me... the real milanista is ITALIAN.. with LITTLE EXCEPTIONS... :rolleyes:

Relax Franz...nobody will leave you behind...don't you remember me?!!I'm still here...still read and hear what you post it in!! :)

rony31

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
i dont know why everyone bad-mouths Dida, i think he's one of the best goalies Milan have ever had... He's 10x better than that hunk of garbage Abbiati...sure Dida gives up some bad rebounds, but at least he makes the save in the first place

Reaction score
OK Dida is good goalkeeper, but our GK is Cristian Abbiati. I can't understand what's happend, but I want Cristian on the pitch.

:devil2:

rony31

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Marco II said:
OK Dida is good goalkeeper, but our GK is Cristian Abbiati. I can't understand what's happend, but I want Cristian on the pitch.

:devil2:

hmmm...have you noticed that Abbiati's lost all 4 games that he's played in the this season? dida just lost 1 against Udinese but that wasnt his fault...and plus, it was abbiati's crappy performance that cost us the Juve game :mad:

Schedule