Official Basketball thread(NBA; EuroLeague etc)

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
I wanted to ask because this years NBA draft was yesterday and there were a lot of European plyers taken in the 1st 2 rounds. More than anything I wanted to find out about Jiri Welch. Any good. He was drafted by the team I follow (Golden State Warriors). He was born in Pardubice, Czech Republic and plays guard; he plyed for Olimpija Ljubljana for the last couple of years. This is all I really know about him. Is he any good? If you know, then let me know.
If you know anything about the other european/foreign players let me know they are: Nikoloz Tskitishvili, F, Italy; Maybyner "Nene" Hilario, F/C, Brazil; Bostjan Nachbar, F, Italy; Nenad Krstic, F/C, Yugoslavia; Milos Vujanic, G, Yugoslavia; Mario Kasun, C, Opel Skyliners; Peter Fehse, F, Germany; Mladen Sekularac, G/F, Yugoslavia; & Luis Scola, F, Tau Ceramica (Spain).

efford

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I like to play basketball, but its not any fun watching it... :rolleyes:
I used to play as forward but then i got this knee-injuriy and *POOF* there went my career :cry:

-hehehe

Im not that into NBA or any players...

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ozmosis - Posted: Sun Jun 30, 2002 1:31 pm    
I like to play basketball, but its not any fun watching it...
I used to play as forward but then i got this knee-injuriy and *POOF* there went my career

I know how you feel I did the same thing. Tore our all of the cartilage in my right knee and had to have 2 surguries. What did you do to you knee?

AC Milan Fan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I'm raised with Milan and Calcio.
Sometimes I watch basketball.
If our Milan has a Basketball team I'm sure I will watch this sport more.
Solo Milan you know

efford

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Seamus said:
I know how you feel I did the same thing. Tore our all of the cartilage in my right knee and had to have 2 surguries. What did you do to you knee?

well i didnt need any surguries but the doctors told me that i had to stop all physical activities and start swimming... :(

I dont know the name for the injurie in english but i had "too much liquid under my knee"..if you know what i mean..

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ozmosis - Posted: Fri Jul 05, 2002 7:23 am Post subject:

well i didnt need any surguries but the doctors told me that i had to stop all physical activities and start swimming...

I dont know the name for the injurie in english but i had "too much liquid under my knee"..if you know what i mean..

Well I am glad you didn't have to have surgury, it wasn't very much fun, while all of my friends were going to parties and games I had to sit at home. Oh well it is better now. They made me do the swimming thing too. I guess it allows for exercise without resistance so it is good, I don't know? I was just glad because the woman who ran the pool I went to was hot. Atleast I had something to look at. Is your knee better now, I mean when your not playing basketball Gattuso style. :D

efford

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
hehe..

yeah im alright now... i dont play basketball anymore since my team was throwed out of the leauge because we had so many fights after our games.. it was in the newspapers and everything... dont they have anything better to write about then some teens destroying a gymnastic-hall??? :o :D

Now i mostly play football with my friends.. its alright i guess...

Alex

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Habitually, I'm play basketball during lunch time at school. I'm a great player, but I'm good. I could better with more pratice. Anyway, this year I think I will join the basketball team and, of course, the soccer team of my school.

Ciao,
Alex

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Well Diavolo and good luck. Don't get injured!

I went to the doctors last week becasue the injury I talked about above on my knee has been bugging me. He told me that the only thing I might be able to do is a miniscus transplant, which means they would take the cartilage in the knee of a dead person out then put it in my knee. Gross. I don't know if I want to do it yet, but they said it could help. So DON'T GET INJURED! ;) :D

Alex

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I will try, habitually I'm underrated by my opponents so they don't mark me, they don't watch me, they don't do nothing nasty on me.

Reaction score
Diavolo said:
Habitually, I'm play basketball during lunch time at school. I'm a great player, but I'm good. I could better with more pratice. Anyway, this year I think I will join the basketball team and, of course, the soccer team of my school.

Ciao,
Alex

could you not call it soccer pls, hate that word. it's football, football and only football

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
lopov Posted: Tue Jul 30, 2002 9:47 pm Post subject:

could you not call it soccer pls, hate that word. it's football, football and only football
considering the fact that we live in North America we call "football" soccer, Sorry that is just the way it is. Most of the people in here call it soccer anyway. Hope you can live with it. ;)

PaTtA_9

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
i love the chicago bulls almost as much as the rossoneri
european players are becoming more dominant in the nba every year like stojakovic and turkoglu
i wish aussies would be as good in the nba!

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yeah there are a lot of great europenplayers comming into the NBA. Hopefull i twill mean when the olympics come around the basketball games will be fun again. There are a lot of amazing players that have come out of eastern europe, unfortunatly the Sacramento Kings have gotten them and that mean they beat the warrior every time, but then again who doesn't beat the warriors. :D

MookyRookie

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Its gettin closer to the NBA finals 2004!!!
Lakers will beat the T-Wolves, 1 more win only, and meet Pacers or Pistons, which should be no problems for the Lakers, with 4 future Hall of famers...

Lakers head coach Phil Jackson also has the highest winning percentage in Playoff history, something around 70%...

Id love to see a Lakers-Pistons final, but Pacers are also not bad opponent to get trashed by Lakers with Jermaine Oneal and Defensive player of the year Ron Artest, and not to forget grandpa Reggie Killer Miller....

The Highlight of this years playoffs was Fishers shot with only 0,4 seconds to go against the defending champions San Antonio Spurs... What a shot and all net!!!!

GO LAKERS

K-J

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomáš Rosický
GO PISTONS!

Ben Wallace my favourite player. Hoping for a Lakers - Pistons finals too. Let Pistons destroy the Pacers first, and then break the Lakers. :D

zantetsuken

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko--Maldini
A basketball fan? here i am!
I support Phoenix Suns but this year they are very awful in all the season :head:
I like Spurs too cuz Duncan+Parker it s very fantastic to see.
I havent understand why they dont beat lakers during the playoff.I hope Lakers wont win this year it would be better if pacers or pistons win cuz its a long time since a east team become champion.

Albion

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Yeah I watch basketball too... european championships and NBA also.

My favorite team: Chicago Bulls - even though havin difficultis rite now, they will get back on track soon

Playoffs are comin to end: Lakers are leadin against Wolvs 3:1, and in east Pistons lead 3:1 against Pacers.

Id like that Piston win the championship, im not agains Wolvs or Pacewrs neither, but I just hope Lakers dont win it, but seems that they'r goin to the finale afterall, and for the final I think that Piston will be better agains then them rather than Pacers.
Ben Wallace is the only one who can make it difficult for Shaq, otherwise he'll kill you just like he's killin Wolvs with aprox. 20ppg and 15rpg.

K-J

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomáš Rosický
Does any of you guys know a good site for NBA pictures besides the official NBA 'store'?

Albion

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Well if u check yahoo match reports, there are always photos from matches.

Ill try and find any link

MookyRookie

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
The Highlights on NBA.com are awesome, but for some videos u must to be registered... like top ten assits of the year!!

Pistons and Lakers are both only 1 win away from the finals. Hopefully they will play a spectacular, exciting final serie.

Pacers disappointed a bit in the last game at home, all topscorers were hold under 20 points, the whole team scored only 65 points, Detroit has just more offensive power with Billups, Rip Hamilton, who maybe will nominated for the "dream team", Rasheed Wallace and their tower in defense Ben-2-time-defensive-player-of-the-year-Wallace...
Detroit is playing by far the best defense in the whole League, like AC Milan, and can give the Lakers a good competition!!!

:devil2:

K-J

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomáš Rosický
Rossonero_AC said:
http://sports.yahoo.com/nba/gallery
yup thanks man!

Pistons won! 3-2 now. Pacers are probably out now. I'm hoping for a Timberwolves win tonight. That would be something.

Rivaldo-11

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rivaldo, Sheva, Kaka, Nesta
I guess the Knicks hopes of signing Rasheed as a free-agent this summer are all but gone now seeing as the pistons look likely to make it to the NBA finals :head:

Oh well......the Knicks will be strong next year :rolleyes:

Pistons 4-2 Lakers final

The only reason L.A is where they are is because of one LUCKY shot with 0.4 seconds left, otherwise the NBA's top player Tim Duncan's heroics :D :D :D would have given the Spurs a 3-2 lead and im sure they would have rapped up the series :D

Anyway......whether its T-Wolves, Pacers or Pistons....plz beat L.A :D

Albion

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Minesota hasve to win tonight if they wanna stay in the game and have the final 7th game at their place.

Detroit had a good perfomance last night, I think Rip Hamilon is havin best games of his life in these playoff matches, id really like to see them in finals.

A news bout the Bulls now, as their are tryin to invlove their 3rd pick in a trade together with E-Rob, Curry or Chandler for a decent player like Ray Allen or Sharef Abdur Rahim.

LEts see what happens... as Draft Day comes closer.

K-J

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tomáš Rosický
So when exactly is draft day?

And who are the top guns this year?

Andressa M (Bra)

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Ronaldo, R. Carlos, J. César, Maldini
I used to be an Orlando Magic fan when O'Neal played there.
But now, I don't use to watch basketball.
I used to play amateur at school, 'till, finally I had a contusion. Which part of the body? :conf: The knee. :head: hahaha :D Nothing serious, but the treatment got me upset. :mad: Then I've lost the enthusiasm.
Now, if I have a chance, I play it just for fun.

Albion

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
K-J said:
So when exactly is draft day?

And who are the top guns this year?

So ill say something besided that link.

1st pick its defintly goin to be Emeka Okafor, a big guy (compared with Ben Wallace's style) but he is better in offence. Very good shot blocker. Thats what Magic need !! With Grant Hill comin back they will look like this:
PG T. Lue
SG T-Mac
SF G. Hill
PF J.Howard / D.Gooden
C E.Okafor

pretty good lineup for an east team ! Of course this is not for sure cuz T-Mac is sayin that he'll probably leave.

Clippers won the 2nd pick, but its not sure they will draft a big guy like it says in that website. Clippers are sufferin at PG, so Shaun Livingston (tall PG 6-7 foot) probably is the guy they will draft.

Even Bulls at 3rd pick will not pick a big guy, they will probably go for that SF Loul Deng ! (if they dont arrange a trade of their trade as their sayin lately), so that leavs the youngster Dwight Howard at 4th or 5th pick.
Lets say that Howard cant make impact imidiately in NBA, cuz he's still a project but his stats last season were like 25ppg, 15rpg, and 8.0 blocks/game - fantastic stats !

but there is some time left, and everything will be sorted out ! :)

Guys that I predict that will perform good from rookies:
- Emeka Okafor
- Shaun Livingston (whatch out this guy, a tall PG. that makes him block easily other PGs and easily shot over them)
- Ben Gordon (the player that Bobcats said they would like to draft if they can. They belive thay can build their team wish this rookie PG)

Cant say for the others though (not sure), maybe Howard too if he goes in a team where they dont have many tall guys, and gets like 20-25 minutes/game.