Siena 2-1 AC Milan: FT Report

Gatorbasu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
mikez sheva7 said:
Hopefully this was just a slip-up. It angers me to see how well we can handle the likes of ManU and Inter but we have troubles against the likes of Brescia and Siena.

This game could end up to be a blessing in disguise...Milan needed a wake-up call against the smaller sides.

I absolutely agree with you. Yes, we can still win IF WE WANT to win. But I am not sure whether our players and management can stay focus on two fronts at the same time.

One thing I know for sure, if we don't get 6 points in next two home matches agaisnt PARMA and SIENA, the SCUDETTO is over.

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
Passion for *9* said:
Our reaction (see besikaka's post) is really pathetic. Same goes for Sheva's comments on officiating, made at Golf club della Villa Reale in Monza. Maybe he should practise his finishing, rather than play a stupid golf tournament, even if it is for Milan Foundation, so next time he can score a second should his first be disallowed ;)

Come on :) I just interpretated what acmilan.com and Sheva said.. Its not so pathenic :tongue: ..

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
besikaka said:
Come on :) I just interpretated what acmilan.com and Sheva said.. Its not so pathenic ..
Oh I know you only quoted from www.acmilan.com. Which makes things worse. I could live with a sore loser-type personal opinion expressed here or elsewhere, but *Milan* being so whingey.. that's extremely pathetic :o ;)

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
pippoinzag}{i said:
Ask Collina if it was a goal or not. If the ref don't give a goal it aint a goal. I don't understand why people cry about refereeing decisions to cover up the fact that our team have made a nice job of fucking up their league chances by losing to a team we should beat easily. It's nothing to do with Collina it is to do with not taking our chances and not being able to stop the other team scoring, and whether we played well or not it is simply not good enough to lose to sides like Siena. Lets just hope we can now win our remaining games and Juve drop points. It's a shame to be in a position where we rely on other teams now instead of doing the job ourselves.

Forza Milan

mate is it true or not so are you saying that every decision the reff makes is at the end of the day correct?

we were pouring shit on Siena they had no chance if we got that early goal they would of packed it hard!

Another decision i guess that the reff was right about disalowing that goal against Man Utd keeper Carol according to you eh?

Btw Milan played Good dno what your smoking?

But hey thats football

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Passion for *9* said:
I was watching Siena-Milan. You must have been watching sth else then. Crespo was offside according to the TV pics + the slowmotion replay. And how about Milan starting to convert their chances a bit better ? I knew the whiners here would start to blame the ref for Milan's very own shortcomings, sore losers :o

Mate it was a clear goal, Milan dont complain as much as there supporters *cough cough* hence Passion... scoring goals has been a worry of the past but we have gotten this far. The season is still a far long way to go and Juve have Inter then Lazio which presents them with a high risk of losing points but we have to not worry about Juve just concentrate on our own matches i believe we are in the right postion because now i know milan will play there best, come out firing on all cylinders and we still have that Milan v Juve match so dont give up hope to soon.

ARNOLD RIMMER

Second Technician
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, DeSciglio
San Paolo said:
mate is it true or not so are you saying that every decision the reff makes is at the end of the day correct?

we were pouring shit on Siena they had no chance if we got that early goal they would of packed it hard!

Another decision i guess that the reff was right about disalowing that goal against Man Utd keeper Carol according to you eh?

Btw Milan played Good dno what your smoking?

But hey thats football
You misunderstand my friend. The point i was making is every team suffers decisions which turn out to be incorrect (Tottenham as you correctly pointed out) but there is no point blaming a defeat on a referee. Milan still had the rest of the game to score more goals! And it's not always a question of playing good, it's a question of winning matches. I would prefer them to play shit if they are going to take 3 points!

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
pippoinzag}{i said:
You misunderstand my friend. The point i was making is every team suffers decisions which turn out to be incorrect (Tottenham as you correctly pointed out) but there is no point blaming a defeat on a referee. Milan still had the rest of the game to score more goals! And it's not always a question of playing good, it's a question of winning matches. I would prefer them to play shit if they are going to take 3 points!

Either way mate your gna bag them out ey?
Im merely stating that the performance we put in was a good one and that goal should of been awarded and would have boosted moral and inturn made it a hell of alot easier to get the 3 point!
When it was disaloud it served as a psycological blow

the below is from www.Channel4.com
"I didn’t even want to watch the replays because I was already certain on the field of play that it was a good goal," he told TG5.

"I was then told at half-time that it should have stood. We certainly lacked concentration at times but the referees must be more alert because that mistake could cost us a lot.

"I don’t want to cause any controversy but it is just a shame that happened. Fortunately we have another game immediately, against Chievo, to get back to winning ways."
------- SHEVA

Exactly what i was stating that mistake could cost us the scudetto and theres not point crying about it, but this man who claims to be the best ref in the world makes a stupid error like that, thats just fucked.

Last edited:

r3dman

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta - Maldini
San Paolo said:
but this man who claims to be the best ref in the world makes a stupid error like that,
He isn't anymore, although he was a couple of years ago. What's funny with Collina is that he went from best to poor in that time. I know he's getting old, but I can't understand how he managed to drop like that suddenly. It's not like his physical attributes drop with age and that determines a drop in his decisions. It's unbelivable. I've seen a lot of games from Serie A this season refereed by him, and he made bad decisions in all of them. Maybe he should retire. A man's gotta know when it's time to call it a day.

pixiraver

Acmilan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldinho, okocha, shevchenko, inzaghi, maradona, romario
Marco Azzuri said:
Tottally agree. Nesta has taken a dip in form this season often beaten 1 vs.1. He also comits a lot of late tackles that are costing him a lot of red cards and yellows which equal a lot of missed games. This is not good.

Nesta just need some few more games and he will come back to form,currently i think stam and maldini r our best defenders.What in d world did we allow siena beat us,i didn't see d game but heard collina was d cause.

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
r3dman said:
He isn't anymore, although he was a couple of years ago. What's funny with Collina is that he went from best to poor in that time. I know he's getting old, but I can't understand how he managed to drop like that suddenly. It's not like his physical attributes drop with age and that determines a drop in his decisions. It's unbelivable. I've seen a lot of games from Serie A this season refereed by him, and he made bad decisions in all of them. Maybe he should retire. A man's gotta know when it's time to call it a day.

I think its called short term memory loss

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
Hernan was NOT offside:

Not-offside.jpg

And NEITHER was Sheva:

H_ACMilanSiena_004_0002.jpg

Sheva has all the right to talk and place some pressure through the media on referees beacuse we won't stay silent while scudetto's being robbed away from us ... Sheva, as we all know and as we all SEE, does his best to score whenever there's a chance, but asking him to score "back-up" goals in case the referee's pocket is full is a bit too much :rolleyes: There is after all a difference between being a sore loser and asking for your eligible rights :o

Besides, playing one Golf tournament to help the Milan Foundation as a Milan player is just another duty and a way of life for a professional football player ... I'm sure Sheva knows better than ANY of us how to organize his own time and when to go to training :o Or do you want him to lock himself in the closet after every match and practice his "finishing" inside?

Click here for good quality highlights from ACMILANCLUB.COM

FORZA MILAN!!!

Last edited:

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
First pic: bad angle + by the time the ball is played (still looks stuck at the foot) the defender's leg will be out of that position. It's very hard to tell for a linesman who doesnt have freezeframes but sees it all in motion + to use this scene to construct an anti-Milan conspiracy is truly laughable.

Sheva should be careful what he wishes for, more often than not Milan have profited from wrong or questionable decisions.

And YES, I do expect a Ballon d'Or winner to up his game a little if needed :o

Pranjic

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Boban, Savičević, Weah, Baggio
Passion for *9* said:
I thought we are MILAN ! We should be more dignified in defeat + leave the whinging, fingerpointing + looking for convenient scapegoats to Inter. It's their territory, not ours.

This is true,there is no need to to blame the linesman for everything that happened in that game.We lost because we weren't good enough against a side fighting for it's life but the scudetto is not lost yet, we still play Juve in Milano and there are more then enough matches till the end of the campaign for us to take over first place.Two wins at home on Wednesday and Sunday are a must.Now is the time to show our strenght and let everyone see that Milan is the better team then Juve and will fight for the title till the last day,we have to bounce back after two pathetic results in the league.

ads216

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:
First pic: bad angle + by the time the ball is played (still looks stuck at the foot) the defender's leg will be out of that position. It's very hard to tell for a linesman who doesnt have freezeframes but sees it all in motion + to use this scene to construct an anti-Milan conspiracy is truly laughable.

Sheva should be careful what he wishes for, more often than not Milan have profited from wrong or questionable decisions.

I agree 100%. We have benefitted from a lot of calls in the past and when a call goes against us, we shouldn't whine. We're supposed to play at a much higher level than we did last sunday and we're supposed to destroy teams like Siena. If we don't do that, then it's our fault not the ref's or anybody elses.

And what's with the Collina bashing? when the linesman flags a play, nothing the ref can do about it. he has to call the offside.

We should focus on winning every game left and hope Juve ties at least one game and then loses to us. And we have to score a bit more than we have so tat in case we're tied for points at the end, we win on goal difference.

Kyara

¤ Il Poeta ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MVB|Sheva|Max|Maldini|Kakà
Passion for *9* said:
If the linesman is not qualified enough to make such decisions, then he can go home and rest on his couch, this is not UAE league ... It is not a bad angle because you just have to look at the dark green areas to see who's back and who's front ... And no, the ball is not stuck at the foot because I've taken the capture by myself when Ricky passed; the moment the foot moves the ball, that's when the referee has to look :rolleyes:
It's very clear in the highlights, what's truly laughable is that even with such clear pics, you are not able to admit that the goal was 100% valid :o

There's no need to lecture Sheva about his duties, it's enough that he was able to deliver and score in spite of his calf injury :rolleyes:

FORZA SHEVA!!!

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
Passion for *9* said:

well he dont play in PlayStation..

Gatorbasu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
pippoinzag}{i said:
....And it's not always a question of playing good, it's a question of winning matches. I would prefer them to play shit if they are going to take 3 points!

Well, I frankly think that we have exhausted that quota in SERIE A. The last one on that list was INTER game when we won the second leg by 1-0 but played solid defence and absolutely nothing in the attack or offense.

Gatorbasu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Passion for *9* said:

I agree with you 100% except JUVENTUS. And unfortunately, we don't care about any other team but JUVENTUS since they are the only contender against us for SERIE A. So, I guess, when any player is objecting about referee's decisions, it is implied that compare to JUVE's favor, we should be equal not less !!

Last edited:

GeronimoFinch

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Savicevic, van Basten, Rijkaard, Seedorf, Gattuso
Please don't caps lock that team from Turin. It has a terribly unsettling effect on me.

Gatorbasu

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Sorry mate. I always type like that for good punctuation and easier on the eyes... Happens to be the old slut in caps lock... Apologize !@#$%^&!

Passion for *9*

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Kyara said:
If the linesman is not qualified enough to make such decisions, then he can go home and rest on his couch, this is not UAE league ... It is not a bad angle because you just have to look at the dark green areas to see who's back and who's front ... And no, the ball is not stuck at the foot because I've taken the capture by myself when Ricky passed; the moment the foot moves the ball, that's when the referee has to look
It's very clear in the highlights, what's truly laughable is that even with such clear pics, you are not able to admit that the goal was 100% valid.
There's no need to lecture Sheva about his duties, it's enough that he was able to deliver and score in spite of his calf injury
You're becoming a bit laughable here too. We've discussed the limitations of the human eye + brain regarding processing incoming information quick enough + most of all flawlessly at length here in related threads (technology - yes or no etc). NOBODY is able to make correct calls all the time, irrespective of the level of officiating, you won't see it in your domestic league, nor in Serie A, nor EPL, nor in the First Alien league on the moon... or elsewhere :o I've seen a much more valid goal tonight disallowed after an erroneous offside call (Schalke-Werder, German Cup match), by an otherwise flawless ref team. This shit happens + if you want the element of doubt out of the game then please raise your voice against Maldini, Ancelotti etc etc + support video technology in football.

Ahm + why should I trust your video editing ? You're trying to prove your point, right ? FYI, the dark + light colored areas of the lawn aren't 100% parallel + of identical width + don't prove anything, let alone an offside position. So why should I admit I'm wrong ? Apparently I've seen what the linesman saw, or at least I can relate as to why he made the call. Why is it so hard to admit it was a call that could have gone either way ? I bet in a reversed case with Milan being the beneficiary you would never insist on the opponent being robbed but make a ton of excuses for the poor linesman who just made a tiny mistake.

Milan should have won this match with or without that disallowed goal. Milan again failed to deliver against a relegation contender. That's the true shame, not the ruling you've been whinging over.

So... again: If Sheva (+ the team) had delivered, Milan would have won.

besikaka said:
well he dont play in PlayStation..
But the ref + linesmen have to have radar eyesight. Brilliant.

Last edited:

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kyara said:
Hernan was NOT offside:

Not-offside.jpg

And NEITHER was Sheva:

H_ACMilanSiena_004_0002.jpg

Sheva has all the right to talk and place some pressure through the media on referees beacuse we won't stay silent while scudetto's being robbed away from us ... Sheva, as we all know and as we all SEE, does his best to score whenever there's a chance, but asking him to score "back-up" goals in case the referee's pocket is full is a bit too much :rolleyes: There is after all a difference between being a sore loser and asking for your eligible rights :o

Besides, playing one Golf tournament to help the Milan Foundation as a Milan player is just another duty and a way of life for a professional football player ... I'm sure Sheva knows better than ANY of us how to organize his own time and when to go to training :o Or do you want him to lock himself in the closet after every match and practice his "finishing" inside?

Click here for good quality highlights from ACMILANCLUB.COM

FORZA MILAN!!!

Thankz for pointing that out Kyara
I can always reley on you for quality highlights thankz again :)

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Passion for *9* said:

i suggest you visit the optomotrist

Reaction score
Fav. Players
All ACMilan Players are my favourite!!
It was unlucky to lose such an easy match but i agree with u! It wasn't offside at all! How i wish i can :uzikill: the referee!!

Besi

¤ TheSaint ¤
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini , Kaká
Passion for *9* said:
So... again: If Sheva (+ the team) had delivered, Milan would have won.

I said that for the 1st sentence not for the 2nd that u said..

anyway here is Sheva playing golf :)

aih.jpg

ARNOLD RIMMER

Second Technician
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Pippo, DeSciglio
Passion for *9* said:
:D Plus the seemingly obvious fact that it's actually impossible to focus on the ball being played and the receiving player at the exact second it is kicked, so this discussion is a nonsense anyway.

Schedule