Thiago Silva Thread

Kuzimoto

Forza Milan!!!!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ivan Gattuso, BOATENG, Maldini, Nesta, Sheva, Dida, Pippo, Pato, Borri, Silva, Ibra, Cassano
Wild said:
So , can he play in January or not ?
:D

not until the next season.Confirmed.

x__player

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Wild said:
He seems much better than Pippo.
Wait , he is a defender :tongue:
Welcome + make Brazilians proud.

No one is responding to my question so I would like to ask you if you know more about this guy? Does he have potential to be a world class CB? He is young so that is a plus and was named a Brazilian player of the year last term I think...

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
x__player said:
No one is responding to my question so I would like to ask you if you know more about this guy? Does he have potential to be a world class CB? He is young so that is a plus and was named a Brazilian player of the year last term I think...
hes older than you are. hardly 'young'.

N3d0

Allegri al Massimo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Rino Gattuso, Mirko Vučinić, Stevan Jovetić, Prince Boa, Stefan Savić, Noce
Great signing, too bad he can't play till next season. Hopefully he will continue Maldini's path and keep our defense better and safer. We need one more CB at the end of the season, because Nesta is not getting any younger and is injury prone.

x__player

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
N3d0 said:
Great signing, too bad he can't play till next season. Hopefully he will continue Maldini's path and keep our defense better and safer. We need one more CB at the end of the season, because Nesta is not getting any younger and is injury prone.

I would like one young defender as well (Santacroce, Zapata) but we will already have at least 4 CBs next season (Nesta, Thiago Silva, Bonera, Kaladze) so we will see how the situation with Nesta will end.

I would buy a RB or LB instead, as Janku and Zambrotta are good players but not consistant (and not getting any younger too). Of course strong CF is needed as well.

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson

ReBorned

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Il Capitano!
x__player said:
I would like one young defender as well (Santacroce, Zapata) but we will already have at least 4 CBs next season (Nesta, Thiago Silva, Bonera, Kaladze) so we will see how the situation with Nesta will end.

I would buy a RB or LB instead, as Janku and Zambrotta are good players but not consistant (and not getting any younger too). Of course strong CF is needed as well.
That's the greatest thing about Thiago Silva... he is so versatile... he can play also as RB when Zambro is injured or Janku can't play so Zambro can go to the LB... we have many options with TS in the squad :)

milanist

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Aapert said:
still waiting for an official annoucment....
Maldini92 said:
Are you sure this is official?
Ancelotti: “He’s a central defender, very strong and was elected as best Brazilian player of the year last season. Right now he’s the best player around. Milan made an investment for the future. In the meantime he will train with the squad and will be able to play friendly games with his team-mates.”

http://www.acmilan.com/NewsDetail.aspx?idNews=77358

Billy_69

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Billy, Boban, Savicevic, Van Basten, Sheva, Pippo, Ambrosini, Maldini, Kaka', Desailly, ...
Bad move making this already an official thread before he passed the medical and put pen to paper, reminds me of the Suazo saga...

Cristina

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Pato, Balotelli
Some of Thiago's first words:

"Ho scelto il Milan perchè è un grande club e per la sua storia. Credo che sia il sogno di ogni brasiliano giocare in questa squadra. Voglio rimanere qui il più a lungo possibile e cercherò di diventare l'erede di Maldini, anche se so che lui è inimitabile".
"I chose Milan because it's a big club with history. I believe it is the dream of every Brazilian to play in this team. I want to stay here as long as possible and I will try to become the heir to Maldini, even if I know he is unmatchable."

http://www.goal.com/it/news/2/serie...ioso-thiago-silva-ecco-le-sue-prime-parole-da

Last edited:

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
isn't today a day when he needs to come to milanelo to do medical testing + sign contract if everything is fine

Last edited:

dev1L

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Thiago Silva: Milan are a dream

Thiago Silva has arrived in Italy to complete his transfer and admits, “every Brazilian dreams of playing for Milan.”

The 26-year-old defender is the latest addition to the Rossoneri’s Selecao contingent after Kaka, Ronaldinho, Alexandre Pato, Nelson Dida and Emerson.

He had been tracked by Inter and Villarreal, but the Fluminense man chose Milan despite the limits on non-EU players meaning he cannot play until next season.

“I will do everything I can to be the heir to Paolo Maldini, even if he is unique and cannot be repeated,” said Thiago Silva.

“I promise to do my best and to stay at Milan for as long as possible. Every Brazilian dreams of playing for them.

“I am happy to be in Italy and chose Milan because they are a great club.”

He will undergo a medical over the next day or so and then put pen to paper on a contract. No details have been confirmed, but Milan are expected to pay £9m on a four-year deal worth £2.2m per season.

“He is a great central defender who was voted Brazilian player of the year last term. Right now he is the best player around,” said Carlo Ancelotti in Saturday’s Press conference.

“Milan have made an excellent investment for the future. In the meantime he will train with the squad and can play in friendly games.”

project1967

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
dev1L said:
The 26-year-old defender

Wow ...

Just visiting Milanello, and he is already 2 years older than he was yesterday :eek:

Milan lab really is impressive.

j/k

He is 24, though

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi - Maldini - Nesta - Jessica Alba
project1967 said:
Wow ...

Just visiting Milanello, and he is already 2 years older than he was yesterday :eek:

Milan lab really is impressive.

j/k

He is 24, though
LOL , they dont want our grandpas 2 feel awkward :tongue:

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Billy_69 said:
Bad move making this already an official thread before he passed the medical and put pen to paper, reminds me of the Suazo saga...
Shut up :mad:
I want that even if turn out 2 b untrue.
Let us feel happy 4 a couple of days that we signed a young player 4 a change.
PS: if he didnt work as a defender we can always play him as a striker coz he seems better than half our strikers :tongue:

Last edited:

NobodyCares

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Shevchenko, Nesta, Maldini, Seedorf, Pirlo
Wild said:
Shut up :mad:
I want that even if turn out 2 b untrue.
Let us feel happy 4 a couple of days that we signed a young player 4 a change.
PS: if he didnt work as a defender we can always play him as a striker coz he seems better than half our strikers :tongue:
24 seems old looking at the fact that a 23 year old shithead just won the golden ball.
I think we should move in for Breno rather than this guy or even maybe for Sokratis.

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
i dont want to write him off before he even arrives, but i cant help but wonder why its taken him THIS long to make a splash. its very possible he is just a late-ish bloomer, but its equally possible that he has just had a good season, and is more a case of good form rather than class.

pippo83

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Van Basten, Kaka, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Pato and all other Rossoneri players..
What´s up to you guys how long to you follow football??? Sorry but i follow Thiago since 3 years and since i saw him the first time i said i want him in the Milan jersey. Last year he and Thiago Neves were the best players in Brazil and especially in Copa Libertadores. I watched near every game till the final which they lost bad but for me he is one of the best centerbacks around with his age, he is intelligent have massive feeling for the ball and he also take splendid freekicks like Roberto Carlos and he is good in the air too. I like the way Galliani is working he allways buy the players i like... So now we should buy another centerback maybe Gallas for JAnuary but more important is another young centerback and a left or rightback. Zapata/ Santacroce/ Agger are all young and will have a bright future. A dream would be Sergio Ramos but i think he will stay where he is. :head: but also Rafinha would be great we will see but for now big up to our Management. :tongue:

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
hopefully he turns out amazing not like roque junior :head: :head:

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
pippo83 said:
What´s up to you guys how long to you follow football??? Sorry but i follow Thiago since 3 years and since i saw him the first time i said i want him in the Milan jersey. Last year he and Thiago Neves were the best players in Brazil and especially in Copa Libertadores. I watched near every game till the final which they lost bad but for me he is one of the best centerbacks around with his age, he is intelligent have massive feeling for the ball and he also take splendid freekicks like Roberto Carlos and he is good in the air too. I like the way Galliani is working he allways buy the players i like... So now we should buy another centerback maybe Gallas for JAnuary but more important is another young centerback and a left or rightback. Zapata/ Santacroce/ Agger are all young and will have a bright future. A dream would be Sergio Ramos but i think he will stay where he is. :head: but also Rafinha would be great we will see but for now big up to our Management. :tongue:
Tell us more :D
Is he fast ?
Plz god , let him b fast :rolleyes:

pippo83

Beginner
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Baresi, Maldini, Van Basten, Kaka, Pirlo, Seedorf, Gattuso, Pato and all other Rossoneri players..
Wild said:
Tell us more :D
Is he fast ?
Plz god , let him b fast :rolleyes:

He is very fast but the most important thing is he is a very technically strong defender he is only 184 cm but he is also good in the air. He is the defender which scored the most goals in brazil several from freekicks and also with his head after corner kicks i tell you this is the man we need a real big signing. The first time when he was in europe he wasn´t good enough to show his talent in Porto and also in for Dynamo but in Brazil he show all of his class and the last two season´s he showed a lot more of self confidence so i hope he will turn out great for us. So Wild i am sure you will love his pace untypical for an brazilien player, he play out his heart for his jersey and he said he loves Milan and every brazilien player would love to play for Milan so he should take Hernanes from Sao Paulo too. ;) I like the way he play long and short balls very perfect and stylish high grade passes... :D I am really happy about this transfer i hope our Management can do something that he can play from January on we need him like we see now against Juve...shit 3:2 now i hope we will win it

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
cant wait til next summer thiago silva few shit players and the same coach even if we get relegated

lia

yada yada
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Mané Garrincha, Kaká, Nesta, Ronaldo
radioactivenerd said:
i dont want to write him off before he even arrives, but i cant help but wonder why its taken him THIS long to make a splash. its very possible he is just a late-ish bloomer, but its equally possible that he has just had a good season, and is more a case of good form rather than class.

He was signed by Porto when he was 20 years old, but there he had some health problems and injuries and was then loaned to Dinamo, where his health problems aggravated (he had tuberculosis) making him spend 6 months in a russian hospital (the first 2 without a single visit).
In 2006 he came back and started playing for Fluminense. With health and playing time it was a matter of time before people started noticing him.
The guy has an amazing character and fighting spirit. Had to overcome some bad periods in his life.
I really hope he can succeed here. He certainly deserves it.

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
lia said:
He was signed by Porto when he was 20 years old, but there he had some health problems and injuries and was then loaned to Dinamo, where his health problems aggravated (he had tuberculosis) making him spend 6 months in a russian hospital (the first 2 without a single visit).
In 2006 he came back and started playing for Fluminense. With health and playing time it was a matter of time before people started noticing him.
The guy has an amazing character and fighting spirit. Had to overcome some bad periods in his life.
didnt know about all that - thanks for filling me in. lets hope he lives up to everything his potential suggests.

Besfort

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Thiago Emiliano da Silva, or simply Thiago Silva (September 22, 1984), is a Brazilian central defender currently a free agent due to join AC Milan[1]. He's considered one of the best defenders ever in Brazil, and a new generation idol for brazilian footbal and specially for Fluminense fans.

Copied from Wiki.

Free agent ? Is that true ?

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
firstly didnt his contract run out like yesterday and when will it be oficial

Wild

*Rejuvenation*
Reaction score
Fav. Players
pippo83 said:
He is very fast but the most important thing is he is a very technically strong defender he is only 184 cm but he is also good in the air. He is the defender which scored the most goals in brazil several from freekicks and also with his head after corner kicks i tell you this is the man we need a real big signing. The first time when he was in europe he wasn´t good enough to show his talent in Porto and also in for Dynamo but in Brazil he show all of his class and the last two season´s he showed a lot more of self confidence so i hope he will turn out great for us. So Wild i am sure you will love his pace untypical for an brazilien player, he play out his heart for his jersey and he said he loves Milan and every brazilien player would love to play for Milan so he should take Hernanes from Sao Paulo too. ;) I like the way he play long and short balls very perfect and stylish high grade passes... :D I am really happy about this transfer i hope our Management can do something that he can play from January on we need him like we see now against Juve...shit 3:2 now i hope we will win it
lia said:
Thx 4 the info.
Hope he is what we r looking 4.
So what should we call him : TS ? :D