Week 13: Lazio - Milan 25/11/2018 18:00 CET

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
The combination of national team break, massive injury bother and plenty of rumours have made me crave Milanisti interaction so much that I had to make a match thread. I was getting tired of seeing Jaspers post in the Hellas thread as the last post anyway.

This will be a real test for Milan.

Biglia, Bonaventura, Caldara, Musacchio, Romagnoli and perhaps also Calabria is injured. Hakan is not at his best but is hopefully able to play vs Lazio.

Higuain suspended for two games after behaving like a boy against Juve.

Conti should be available but it's unknown if he'll play so "soon" after his injury. For what it's worth he scored two goals against the Primavera at Milanello this weekend. Start him I say.

My preferred XI:

Gigio
Conti - Zapata - Rodriguez - Laxalt
Suso - Kessie - Bakayoko - Hakan
Cutrone - Castillejo

I don't even want to name the bench supporting these eleven. It's frightful.

Very important that we achieve a positive result in this game, for two reasons: Lazio is our direct competitor for fourth right now, and we need momentum and confidence amid the injury crisis because we're going into a very winnable row of games. Against all odds we might be able to pull off something special now without most of our starting players. A lot hinges on Conti being able to deliver and free up Suso, as well as Bakayoko and Kessie continuing to form a strong partnership in midfield. As for defending, prime Zapata can win us games. Let's hope that's what we get this time.

My bet:

0-2 (Cutrone x2)

Forza!

Last edited:

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tier 1: Maldini, Nesta - Tier 2: Kaká, Seedorf, Shevchenko, Serginho, Theo, Leao, Ibrahimovic
After this game we have the following matches lined up before 2019.

Parma (H)
Torino (H)
Bologna (A)
Fiorentina (H)
Frosinone (A)
SPAL (H)

18 points available. This is a make or break fixture list. Top 4 going into 2019 is ours to lose, even with the injury crisis. We have Higuain back vs Torino, probably hungry (sic) and ready to pounce. We should be able to get a minimum of 14 points (four wins and two draws).

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Fuck. Can someone with authority change this to Week 13 in the header?

truant

sexy football fetishist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Gullit, Van Basten, Rijkaard, Baggio, Nesta, Rui Costa, Kaka, R9, Dinho, TS33, Theo
Nice one, Hitchens.

I would like to see Conti - it would be such a boost for the team to have his quality back, but it may be too soon for him to make his comeback in such a high level match. Wouldn't want him to get injured again. Also, he will be rusty and who knows what effect the injuries have on his physical qualities. Calabria should start, or if he is injured, Abate - Conti may be ok for a cameo.

Rodriguez and Zapata will be adequate in central defence in my estimate. Slightly worried about RR's abilities in the air, but otherwise he should be pretty solid. I hope Laxalt will come back from a patch of poor form.

Kessie and Bakayoko are improving in the middle as a double pivot so it gives us some hope. I like Cutrone and Castillejo upfront. I think Castillejo can really contribute because his link-up play is promising.

As for the remainder of the matches, it will be tight with our bare bones squad. I am still of the opinion we should play our second squad in the EL because we cannot afford to lose any first team players. Who knows if Halilovic, Tsadjout, Bellanova and even Bertolacci and Mauri might be able to surprise us. Sure it is unlikely, but we don't really have any choice.

For Lazio - Milan of course would like a win, shading it 1-2 is my prediction.

Forza Milan!

tuccero9

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
conti is not available for this match either guys.
he also received a ban from the primavera match against chievo 2 weeks ago.
I know Milan tried to appeal the ban but I think it still stands.
so even if conti is ready to play or not he will not be available for this match due to his ban

Milan10

Milan Legend
Reaction score
If ever there was a match to play for a draw, this is the one.

PUPO

Stiamo tornando
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Seedorf, Pippo, Totti, R80, Messi, Sheva
It will be a tough one to even watch. Lazio in top form and we have half of our team injured. A draw would be good in all honesty

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
Tsadjout debut please Rino

This. With such a thin squad, I think we really have to gamble on some surprise subs. Maybe he'll be great like Cutrone for all we know?

Sage

Phase 3
Staff member
Reaction score
so what's the plan for the defense? honestly I'd be super happy with a draw.

a makeshift 3-4-3 would be the best solution(on paper) but the way milan look playing a 3 man is just...pathetic.

it's like rino has no idea how to organize it.

Dolla

abate zapata RR

Borini kessie bakayoko laxalt

suso cutrone hakan

Last edited:

b@D~HorsiE

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tendulkar, Maldini, Damon Hill, Gattuso, Leander Paes, Jim Courier, LT.
After this game we have the following matches lined up before 2019.

Parma (H)
Torino (H)
Bologna (A)
Fiorentina (H)
Frosinone (A)
SPAL (H)

18 points available. This is a make or break fixture list. Top 4 going into 2019 is ours to lose, even with the injury crisis. We have Higuain back vs Torino, probably hungry (sic) and ready to pounce. We should be able to get a minimum of 14 points (four wins and two draws).

We have a very thin squad. We will be lucky to collect half of those

PUPO

Stiamo tornando
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Seedorf, Pippo, Totti, R80, Messi, Sheva
SMS worth triple figures? We’ll see about that

Pingu

American Calcio Milan
Stream Guru
Reaction score
so what's the plan for the defense? honestly I'd be super happy with a draw.

a makeshift 3-4-3 would be the best solution(on paper) but the way milan look playing a 3 man is just...pathetic.

it's like rino has no idea how to organize it.

Dolla

abate zapata RR

Borini kessie bakayoko laxalt

suso cutrone hakan

Rather play Samu at RWB than Borini.

fray

Casciavit
Reaction score
Calhanoglu and Calabria have recovered for this match. Great news

b@D~HorsiE

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Tendulkar, Maldini, Damon Hill, Gattuso, Leander Paes, Jim Courier, LT.
Thats the spirit!

Yes, me setting the bar low (some might argue, I am trying to be realistic) in a message on a forum will affect/hamper the spirit of the other members along with the players on the pitch.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Yes, me setting the bar low (some might argue, I am trying to be realistic) in a message on a forum will affect/hamper the spirit of the other members along with the players on the pitch.
So dont do it.

MilanMB

Serendipity
Reaction score
I don't wanna live in a world where Abate has playerd CB.

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players

Hitchens

In flux
New Era Vanguard
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ofc there are excuses...Lazio is far from shit are we are missing half of our team. Happy with a draw here.

This limp dick attitude doesn't exactly fit your avatar.

Thenebra

Milan Legend
Reaction score
64247a6dc34efb671e448fb766a1b853.jpg

Congo Powers

⭐⭐
Reaction score
Fav. Players
B&G, RuiCosta, Pippo, Sheva, Stam, Kaka, Abbiati, Cassano, Mexes, TH19, RL10, KPB, 45, Krunic
mama mia..

can we put a wig on paletta and give him calabria's shirt

Fabio

U mirin brah?
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaká, Cafu, Ronaldinho, Pato, Dida, Gattuso, Balotelli, Borini, Honda, Saelemaekers
Holyshit that lineup...

Schedule