Gattuso as right back?

Jamie

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I think this could be an option. Simic isnt the best, so replace him with Gattuso and we have PLENTY of world class cover in midfield. That would mean Ambrosini gets more games and also Rui, Rivaldo, Sheva, Inzaghi, Pirlo could all be in the sam line up! :eek: Its a option what do you think about:

----------------------------abbiati

-----------GATTUSO----nesta-----maldini----------kaladzhe

-------------------------------Pirlo

-----------------seedorf--------Rui costa---------

-----------------------------Rivaldo

---------------------Inzaghi---------------Sheva

just a thought. :rolleyes:

Reaction score
i don't often post but did u know there are 12 players in that line up sure i reckon milan would win everything if they could play that many quality players in each game. were u drunk when u posted this? :head:

mtfco

just another member
Reaction score
wow, u gotta be kidding... there's a big difference between a ball getter and a defender. a defender doesnt have to run all the time in the entire game and has a full responsibility of his area or his marked man. and of course u know that a defender has to be good in the air, a job which gattuso is not required. furthermore, there could be A LOT of freekicks near to OUR goal if gattuso is playing right back...

efford

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
i think that the opposit team would get alot of penalties with Gattuso (the bulldog) at the back... i think he is good where he is... ;) FORZA GATTUSO... GO KILL !!!

Seamus

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Anyone playing for AC Milan
He doesn't want to play right back. That is where he was forced to play at Rangers and he didn't like it. Besides he isn't a defender, he is a battler. I think they shold play Pirlo on the wing and have either Ambrosini or Gattuso play defensive midfielder

Rex

Reaction score
Seamus got the point. I don't think it's good option to play him as right back. Look his character and how the way he plays on the pitch. A fighter. But Ancelloti has on his own opinion putting him as a winger, besides in my eyes Gattuso needs some improvement with his ball skill.

DonippoKakaShevdini

Santo Baresi
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Der Franco
Ipswich said:
i don't often post but did u know there are 12 players in that line up sure i reckon milan would win everything if they could play that many quality players in each game. were u drunk when u posted this? :head:

Ipswich.....perhaps you were the one that was drunk. I only count 11. Either lay off the booze or relearn the numeric system you mindless stooge. (even if Jaime edited the initial statement) ;)

As for the proposed lineup, It certainly is interesting Jaime, and it could actually be done because of Nesta and Maldini's current form. Those two are providing excellent cover, and they are the reason why you see Kakha and Simic push up into play as much as they do. And as for Rino moving back there, you can't say "never" because look at what Carletto has done with Pirlo positionally. I think you can argue right now, that Pirlo is the most in-form Italian midfielder right now. Also, which is of importance, is when Sheva returns......you will have the luxury or a possible problem of not fielding one world class star, and it seems the two fighting for 1 position will be Rivaldo and Sheva. Notice that Jaime has addressed this problem with Simic moving to the bench. The only other problem I see with that lineup Jaime is where Rui Costa is positionally. That midfield spot you have him occupying is generally reserved for a ball-winning defensive mid like Rino or Ambrosini. Rui doesn't fit this mold by any means......I mean, Rui's middle name could be "attack" in portoguese. But like I said previously, with Nesta and Maldini's current form, this lineup certainly is a possibility, but I wouldn't expect to see it, unless an injury hits the side. But defeinitely a lineup that the attacking purists would love to see fielded ;)

AC Milan Fan

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Most important is to put Gattuso on a place which we need him!
If it is Left or right, it doesn't matter..........we have enough such a good midfielders in our Squad.

But I'm a fan of Gennaro and I hope Gattuso will play every match he can!

FORZA MILAN!

shevagirl

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I like how is Simic playing and i think that he should stay there where he is.
Gattusi won't be good as a defender he is good like midfilder and that is his position.

And yes just like Ozmo said the other team will have a lot of penalties with him in the back.

Schedule