Official: Zlatan Ibrahimović Thread II

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
A great game from a 38 year old. At least he gave us a chance of winning. Surrounded by 10 donkeys.

Nestafan

Long Hair > Mohawk
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Antonini, Crespo, Pirlo, Pippo, Kaka. Ibra, Gabbia, Calabria, Tonali, Mike, Kjaer, Tata, Oli
Should have buried Paqueta's cross :o
He intentionally looped it high because of iBra's height advantage
Y'all happy to shit on Paq for every perceived "lack of effort" and that's fine but had iBra been better with this we'd have not been humiliated.

I'm not shitting on him obviously as he scored in the game.

He also assisted the first goal.

Ragazza

Milan, solo con te...
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
MALDINI, ZAMBROTTA, NESTA, SES, MAGIC MIKE
as soon as i saw his eyes, red and puffy, i knew he was under-the-weather

still stellar :star:

Savo

Mike Danton.. Deadly Prey
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
Champion, enough said

Boban1982

Sempre Milan
Reaction score
Champion, enough said

This.

We only had a chance of winning the Derby with him in the team. His skill and will to win lift all players around him.

The first half team performance was one of the best we have seen in years. Unfortunately after the break too many players stop playing and giving their all.

Zlatan can only do so much. Just having him back at the club has given me hope for the future.

voom

Milan Legend
Reaction score
I'm sad for him that Milan didn't win the derby.Sad day will be when Ibra retire,but happy that he will probably retire with Milan jersey.

nanook

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
YvKJBT4.gif

replay - https://i.imgur.com/bMP6Prn.gifv

6B3VowE.gif

Trillske

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
The move after 0:25 is some Neymar level world class.

I think both he and the rest of the team got too much hate yesterday. There where moments where the whole team looked exhausted, but all in all the better team and the winning team with a clean sheet.

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Man, when Samu passed to him I was sure he’d score

I was surprised it even came that close to the post. It looked like he was aiming for the corner flag.
Tried a difficult move when he should've just used his left.

This team is so different to the one he left in 2012. This is not AC Ibra.
He has a regular target man role and he's expected to finish off team moves for a side that doesn't play with a lot of ball possession. He's our Olivier Giroud.
It's clearly not a role he's very comfortable with. Not the poaching part at least. But it's what we need from him and his contributions are still far better than Piatek's even if he's missing a lot of sitters.

If he leaves this summer, then it wouldn't mean the end of this project though. Just get the French stud himself for the Giroud role.

Trillske

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
I was surprised it even came that close to the post. It looked like he was aiming for the corner flag.
Tried a difficult move when he should've just used his left.

This team is so different to the one he left in 2012. This is not AC Ibra.
He has a regular target man role and he's expected to finish off team moves for a side that doesn't play with a lot of ball possession. He's our Olivier Giroud.
It's clearly not a role he's very comfortable with. Not the poaching part at least. But it's what we need from him and his contributions are still far better than Piatek's even if he's missing a lot of sitters.

If he leaves this summer, then it wouldn't mean the end of this project though. Just get the French stud himself for the Giroud role.
Isnt the biggest contribution more as a natural/unofficial captain though?

I was thinking about this last game for the 30-40 minutes where the team looked both exhausted and scared shitless. I didnt see your first half of the season, but I can imagine that was how it looked. Last game was the first where Ibra didnt pick up the pace in this situation (maybe tired or off for some other reason), the other games he has been on fire as soon as the team gets stuck and it seems to spread quickly when it happens. In practice, on the ball, he does this from midfield rather than from a poacher position.

Ibras game energy works rather opposite to most players. When teammates gets scared, he goes superman, when teammates go superman he goes... bored, or something. When his team goes content (e.g. after scoring or conceding a 1-1 goal), he often goes crazy. Its very rare to see Ibra dominate where his team naturally dominates to begin with (there where some perfect examples in Barcelona; some extremely awkward performances in 5-0 wins where he looked like a lost little kid). For example compare this to a player like CR7, who normally follows his teams temperament. How many times have CR7 scored 2+ goals in a game his team dominates? How many times have Ibra done it? Pretty much hasnt happend. Some very rare occasions despite a very long career.

Personally of course I love the skill he brings to the game, but technically he is probably my favorite player of all time looking at a whole career. If I look beyond that, I don't think his biggest contribution here is kicking the ball in the net. And if he goes I think you need someone that is not Giroud to replace him.

Last edited:

Goodfella

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Isnt the biggest contribution more as a natural/unofficial captain though?

Aerial dominance, hold-up play, reducing selfishness and carelessness from his teammates, making the team switch from Suso to him as reference point. Those are his biggest/best contributions in my opinion.

I was thinking about this last game for the 30-40 minutes where the team looked both exhausted and scared shitless. I didnt see your first half of the season, but I can imagine that was how it looked. Last game was the first where Ibra didnt pick up the pace in this situation (maybe tired or off for some other reason), the other games he has been on fire as soon as the team gets stuck and it seems to spread quickly when it happens. In practice, on the ball, he does this from midfield rather than from a poacher position.

The team has looked exhausted in all the 2nd halves since Rebic became a starter.
I brought this issue up in the Torino match-thread before the game.
It's a new issue, caused by the intensity of the 4231/442 and the lack of bench options that can re-energize the team. Rebic used to do that in January, when he came off the bench for Leao.
Paq, Bona and Leao haven't been able to have that impact as subs.
Ibra helped reducing this problem by winning every aerial duel around the center circle in the 2nd half against Torino.

This issue did not exist under Giampaolo. There was no drop in performance or decreased intensity at the end of the games. How come, you might ask? It's because there was no intensity to begin with. The team was lethargic from the beginning to the end.

Things improved with Pioli. The team started creating chances and playing with at least a little bit of intensity and urgency. However there was still the likes of Suso to slow things down. The lack of pace and threat from the wings(Hakan & Suso) seriously hampered us. Piatek would mess up the first touch or make a terrible dribbling attempt, dive and not win the foul. Despite all of this, the team still created a lot of chances, but Paqueta, Piatek, Hakan and Kessie would miss them.
I think the poor results in Pioli's first months had very little to do with mentality. It was a lack of quality, but also the wrong personnel(on some spots) for a nice platform with a huge upside.
We more or less have the same platform now, but Piatek, Suso and Hakan(as LW) have been upgraded.

Personally of course I love the skill he brings to the game, but technically he is probably my favorite player of all time looking at a whole career. If I look beyond that, I don't think his biggest contribution here is kicking the ball in the net. And if he goes I think you need someone that is not Giroud to replace him.

The Giroud role is not just being a poacher. That would be the Pippo role.
Giroud has an excellent hold-up play. He's just as dominant in the air, and even better at scoring off of headers.

Savo

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka, Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Pirlo, Inzaghi, Ambrosini, Sheva, Seedorf, Silva, Totti
was tired last game, could see it for sure, was sloppy, but his influence is still strong even if he's off. Ibra is a pimp:thumbsup:

Mexes5

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Nesta, Seedorf, Gattuso, Kaka, Inzaghi, Shevchenko, Mexes, Pato, Pazzini
The clapping and encouragement from the first game didn't last long :lol:

Sweet goal though.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Such a trademark Zlatan goal :proud:

Rebic's body languae :lol:

Jasper

Maldini tier
Reaction score
Fav. Players
3; Marat Safin; Tiziano Crudeli; 2Pac; Christian Bale; Martin M??rsepp; Balotelli.

Ronin

Milansochist
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Gattuso, Rui Costa, Albertini, Serginho, Seedorf, Redondo, Ibrahimovic, Ronaldinho
Nice shot by Bona, could have been a great goal hadn't the defender interfered. Still is

Savo

Reaction score
Fav. Players
Yeah looks like he's out and I can't blame him. Why sit here and try and have yet another rebuild year with probably a whole new team, new coach, new slew of players with "potential" with no other real champions besides himself, and with the same shit top management team of Milan cancers Gazidis and Elliot. Additionally, it's looking likely that the other people with character on this team will be sold (i.e. - gigio and romagnoli, etc.). I fear suuuper dark times are ahead for this club and it's so sad to see...

KujaIX

Mexes & Muntari fanboy
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Current team
Farcical penalty tbh.

Keep those numbers up, King.

It's funny, I hated Fredrik for his fanboying of Ibra (which I deeply regret now, I was a cunt) and now I have turned into him.

Trillske

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
Farcical penalty tbh.

Keep those numbers up, King.

It's funny, I hated Fredrik for his fanboying of Ibra (which I deeply regret now, I was a cunt) and now I have turned into him.
Well thats fantastic. I think its all about appreciating the unique ability he does bring to the table. He is not Messi or Neymar, he is something else.

Mr. Milanista

Milanista since Birth
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Nesta, Zidane, Figo, Romagnoli
We must renew him for another year, that's for sure. His presence alone is a boost to the squad, even if hes at the bench

Schedule