International Friendlies

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
f0xl0ck said:
so.. brasil or portugal?
Brazil. Should be an interesting high fouls minimal contact match in which, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo and Quaresma put on an exhibition in simulating.

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Alessandro Nesta, Paolo Maldini
Brazil 2-1 Portugal ht
Danny 4'
Luis Fabiano 9', 25'

Last edited:

vani_pirlo_21

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
All Milan, all River Plate, Aimar, Saviola, Montenegro, Lugano,
so far not bad for a friendly match
Kaká made a few really nice plays, the assist for the second goal was one

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Kaka playing nicely, Fabiano has a good goal scoring record and he understands Kaka well, maybe we should look at him in the summer?

Giancarlo

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Inzaghi, Kaka, Pirlo, Borriello, Pato, Ronaldinho
Kalac#16 said:
Brazil. Should be an interesting high fouls minimal contact match in which, Kaka, Ronaldinho, Ronaldo and Quaresma put on an exhibition in simulating.

Ronaldinho isn't playing this one... neither is Quaresma (he's not worthy of any call up honestly)...

But Kaka is really doing well...

Edit: And Maicon has got a 3rd for Brazil... 3-1... at the 55'... Portugal is getting demolished for the overrated side they are... come on Brazil... two more more!

Edit: LOL! 4-1. Guess who? Luis Fabiano again. We must look at this guy...!!! He connects with Kaka smoothly...

Last edited:

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Brazil 5-2 Portugal
Simao 62'
Elano 65'

Last edited:

Giancarlo

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lisa said:
Brazil 4-2 Portugal
Simao 62'

The only Portuguese player I actually like... eh...

Come on Brazil... must score another... Pato should go in as a sub... come on Dunga... :head:

Edit: Good one Elano. Portuguese defenders SUCK. This second half has been quite something... 4 goals... 3 for Brazil...

Last edited:

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Adriano for Luis Fabiano....still no Ducky. :rolleyes:

Giancarlo

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lisa said:
Adriano for Luis Fabiano....still no Ducky. :rolleyes:

Why did he even go if he wasn't going to play?

F'k Dunga. Piece of trash this guy is... and this is a friendly... you can make a ton of substitutions...

Kalac#16

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Giancarlo said:
Ronaldinho isn't playing this one... neither is Quaresma (he's not worthy of any call up honestly)...
Haven't seen much Italian football this year as no Tv channel here is willing to pay for it.

Has Quaresma really been that awful??

Giancarlo

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kalac#16 said:
Haven't seen much Italian football this year as no Tv channel here is willing to pay for it.

Has Quaresma really been that awful??

He's performed way below par... and his ball control has been poor.

Brazil 6 - Portugal 2... total demolition... Portugal really does suck. Cristiano Ronaldo was nowhere to be found... Bosingwa sucked and was walked all over... all in all their squad is overrated.

6th goal by Adriano... 90'...

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Brazil 6-2 Portugal
Adriano 90'

Ricky played the entire game; Ducky played...........................no minutes. :rolleyes:

Giancarlo

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Lisa said:
Brazil 6-2 Portugal
Adriano 90'

Ricky played the entire game; Ducky played...........................no minutes. :rolleyes:
That's dunga for you. Couldn't even let the guy play ten minutes! :mad: He would have scored considering how bad Portugal's defense was.

Jivara

Vero Milanista
Reaction score
Portugal were blown out by brazil, who were driven by Kaka runs and great passing, he was their best players IMO he was the catalyst in most their goals. Great goal by Elano, same with Maicon which the GK should have covered. Fabiano is a complete striker I hope we can try to lure him, too bad Pato didnt play I was hoping he would replace Robinho who also had a very good game and has matured alot in the last 2 years.

C.Ronaldo was the worst player on the pitch tonight, I hope this will lessen his chances of winning the player of the year award he is so full of himself saying he is the 1st, 2nd, 3rd best player in the world, tonight he looked awful, im surprised he wasnt replaced but its nice to see that brazilians dont give a damn about him, they kept booing him, and when he fouled someone and offered a handshake the other dude told him to fuck off hahaha then he got into an argument with marcelo who would have killed him had he not come on a minute ago.

gaizka22

Apprentice father
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
van Basten, Maldini, Zidane, Baresi, Maradona, Boban, Baggio, Matthaus, Costacurta
Lisa said:
Actually I'm disappointed that Dunga played Kaka the whole match considering we will have a match this weekend. I'm only slightly disappointed Pato didn't play. It's only a friendly.

radioactivenerd

Gol de Pablitooooo
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Maldini, Batistuta, Crespo, Aimar, Roberto Carlos, Totti, Ayala, Rui Costa, Nesta, BARAJA
decent game by argentina...im certainly not convinced by maradona, but then im not argentine, so maybe i dont get just HOW big of a motivator he can be.

We played well in the first 20 mins or so, but then stepped off the gas once scotland showed just how ineffective they are.

i was really impressed by Papa - i had actually never watched him play, and i thought it was something maradona had done out of favouritism for some reason, but this guy had a good game last night. Lavezzi was a star last night as well, and Denis was useless. Maradona needs to get over his Napoli bias while selecting players. Denis is nowhere near NT material.
Cavenaghi, Zarate, Higuain and probably even Lisadro Lopez deserve to start over denis atm.

I also hope Maradona looks at Gonzalo for the defence - Heinze had a decent game last night, but he is hella inconsistent. And Demichelis just didnt seem that keen on it - hes much better usually.
Mascherano-Gago-Maxi were awesome.

With Aguero/Messy/Gonzalo/Zabaleta, we would be a much much better team i think. I hope maradona thinks the same way.

edit: i thought it was great to see him greet the team back the way he did. there was a LOT of affection and care for every single player - hes treating them like a family, which could be awesome, or it could backfire. lets see what happens.

Calum1903

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Radio, was Lee Miller any good? He's the big striker with the Berbatov-style hairband that came on at half-time.

Giancarlo

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
gaizka22 said:
Actually I'm disappointed that Dunga played Kaka the whole match considering we will have a match this weekend. I'm only slightly disappointed Pato didn't play. It's only a friendly.

I think it was good for Kaka to get him warmed up again... after he had the other friendly, he came back in great form then faded a bit... heheh...

Maybe he should do these friendly games in certain parts of the season... they seem to get him going...

Edit: For those who missed the Brazil-Portugal game, here are the highlights:

http://brazil-football-highlight.blogspot.com/

Cristiano Ronaldo was nowhere to be found.

Last edited:

Wet Ones

Campione d’Italia
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Whoever helps make Milan untouchable
radioactivenerd said:
decent game by argentina...im certainly not convinced by maradona, but then im not argentine, so maybe i dont get just HOW big of a motivator he can be.

We played well in the first 20 mins or so, but then stepped off the gas once scotland showed just how ineffective they are.

i was really impressed by Papa - i had actually never watched him play, and i thought it was something maradona had done out of favouritism for some reason, but this guy had a good game last night. Lavezzi was a star last night as well, and Denis was useless. Maradona needs to get over his Napoli bias while selecting players. Denis is nowhere near NT material.
Cavenaghi, Zarate, Higuain and probably even Lisadro Lopez deserve to start over denis atm.

I also hope Maradona looks at Gonzalo for the defence - Heinze had a decent game last night, but he is hella inconsistent. And Demichelis just didnt seem that keen on it - hes much better usually.
Mascherano-Gago-Maxi were awesome.

With Aguero/Messy/Gonzalo/Zabaleta, we would be a much much better team i think. I hope maradona thinks the same way.

edit: i thought it was great to see him greet the team back the way he did. there was a LOT of affection and care for every single player - hes treating them like a family, which could be awesome, or it could backfire. lets see what happens.
Milan I can understand. Same with Valencia.

But an Indian referring to Argentina as 'we' :conf:

:D

Ashish

Milan Legend
Reaction score
Fav. Players
R.I.P. Papa Berlu, G, R9, Nesta, Rui, Maldini, Gattuso, Robert Wieckiewicz, Brendan Gleeson
menon_inc said:
He is half Argentinian...Anurag Aya-lal :D
LOL :D
menon this was the post which made me scream in my office

BTW Argie fan, when did that happen ?

Wet Ones

Campione d’Italia
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Whoever helps make Milan untouchable
menon_inc said:
He is half Argentinian...Anurag Aya-lal :D
rotfl.gif

drucurl

Banned
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Ronaldo, Maldini, Nesta, Kaká, Ba, Silva
this probably has something to do with my partying all night and so losing 99% of brain function or it could just be my stupidity in general but could someone explain the joke ( I think it has something to do with Ayala but the "Anurag" part i did not get).
Side story :Yes i am slow+stupid (my high school physics techer told my mum as much for parent's day....at first I ws mad but I believe him now:) )

Last edited:

ezekiel2517

Milan Icon
Reaction score
Fav. Players
I lost the list.
it is his name... from his hotmail nick, or at least that is what i understood

NemcyTheKing

Mister 300
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Shevchenko, Maldini, Kaka, Nesta, Inzaghi, Serginho
Has anyone heard how Serbia kicked Bulgaria's ass by 6-1!!!

Lisa

Super Moderator
Staff member
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Breaking News: Terrorist To Force Italy To Call Off Brazil Friendly

A convicted terrorist who is currently living in Brazil, but wanted by the Italian government could force Italy to pull out from their friendly with Brazil...

The Italian secretary for foreign affairs has called for the international friendly match between Italy and Brazil, scheduled to take place in London on February 10, to be cancelled because Brazil do not want to extradite a convicted Italian terrorist.

Cesare Battisti is wanted by the Italian government for Terrorism and he has been convicted to four life sentences. However, he is currently seeking political asylum in Brazil. On Monday, the Judge in charge of the case decided that Battisti cannot be exradited back to Italy because he has a politcial refugee status.

The Italian Government are now furious with Brazil and they have threatened to boycott the game against the Selecao.

Italian secretary for foreign affairs Alfredo Mantica has called for the match to be cancelled and he will be taking his request to the Italian FA.

"At this point, I think we have to seriously consider cancelling the friendly game between Italy and Brazil in London," Mantica told La Repubblica.

"By going ahead, given the circumstances between Italy and Brazil, we would risk transforming a sports event into a political scandal

"Brazil keep putting the Italian democracy and judicial system into question. This is a grave situation.

"Battisti is a teroorist and he doesn't deserve to be recognised as apolitical refugee."

"We cannot accept lessons from the Brazilian Government."

Cancelling the game could have huge implications for all involved. Tickets to the match at the Emirates have almost sold out and Carlos Dunga has already announced his squad of players for the game.
goal.com
---------------------------------------------------

Italy Coach Lippi Distances Himself From Brazil Friendly Cancellation Decision

Italy coach Marcello Lippi claims he should have no say regarding the future of the forthcoming international between the Azzurri and Brazil, which is in doubt due to a political situation.

As previously reported, a political situation could result in the friendly between Brazil and Italy, scheduled to take place at the Emirates stadium on February 10, being cancelled.

Cesare Battisti is wanted by the Italian government for terrorism, but is seeking political asylum in Brazil. This has led to Italy’s secretary of foreign affairs, Alfredo Mantica, has calling for the friendly to be cancelled as a protest.

Italy coach Marcello Lippi has responded to the recent events.

"We'll see what [FIGC president Giancarlo] Abete says, these are things that concern the leaders and federal president," suggested the former Juventus boss.

"This is a situation that involved the president, not the coach, if everyone speaks than it will only cause greater confusion. Whether it is right or not that Battisti remains in Brazil? On this, I don't have to comment."

More reaction is likely to occur within the next few hours and days as the situation continues to unfold.
same as above

project1967

Starting Eleven
Reaction score
23 Italians called up for Italy-Brazil

Goalkeepers: Buffon (Juventus), Amelia (Palermo), De Sanctis (Galatasaray)

Defense: Bonera (Milan), Cannavaro (Real Madrid), Dossena (Liverpool), Gamberini (Fiorentina), Grosso (Lione), Legrottaglie (Juventus), Zambrotta (Milan)

Midfield: Aquilani (Roma), Camoranesi (Juventus), De Rossi (Roma), Montolivo (Fiorentina), Pepe (Udinese), Perrotta (Roma), Pirlo (Milan)

Offense: Di Natale (Udinese), Gilardino (Fiorentina), Iaquinta (Juventus), Quagliarella (Udinese), Rossi (Villarreal), Toni (Bayern Monaco).

http://www.gazzetta.it/Calcio/Nazionale/Primo_Piano/2009/02/07/convocatilippi.shtml

acerвιc wιт

Milano Siamo Noi!
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Paolo Maldini, Thiago Silva, Serginho, Kaká, Gennaro Gattuso, Kevin Prince Boateng & Filippo Inzaghi
Abbiati, Floccari, Del Piero and perhaps Doni should be in that side.

Iaquinta and Pepe?... What a joke.

edika_kaka

Milan Veteran
Reaction score
Fav. Players
Kaka,Steven Defour
i will choose floccari ahead of iaquinta..
luca toni out of form..pick del piero...
doni should be call replace pepe..

Schedule